Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988017 times)

Quique and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3210 on: May 24, 2019, 05:07:45 AM »

Just waiting for this to arrive and I'm ready to put together a second setup  :D
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3211 on: May 24, 2019, 05:16:44 AM »

Putting together a second setup, found those Clouds for a good price.  This is going to be fun.

Do those rictas powerslide still or are they too soft and grippy?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3212 on: May 24, 2019, 12:38:56 PM »

Just waiting for this to arrive and I'm ready to put together a second setup  :D

A wise choice.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3213 on: May 24, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »
Memorial Day getting the best of me, picked up 2 of habitats 8.375 shape and a set of f4 radials

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #3214 on: May 24, 2019, 10:47:37 PM »
Got some new balance 255s they hurt my feet. I’m assuming they need broken in but damn they hurt my toes. Where the shoe creases when you walk where toes and foot connect. So I bought some vans tnts at a local they feel good so I’m gonna skate the tnts and slowly try and break i the 255s so they’ll be ready when the tnts die

I’m on my third pair of 255’s, and this happened with the pair I am currently wearing, but not with the previous two. It was noticeable mostly in my push foot for about a week, and then it went away...

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3215 on: May 25, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »
Copped a pair of Reynolds G6 for 25£. I haven’t skated Emerica in ages. Haven’t skated cupsole in a long time as well. Skated them today and they’re good they just feel very stiff for now, can’t wait until they break in.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #3216 on: May 25, 2019, 01:33:02 PM »
Copped a pair of Reynolds G6 for 25£. I haven’t skated Emerica in ages. Haven’t skated cupsole in a long time as well. Skated them today and they’re good they just feel very stiff for now, can’t wait until they break in.
your sig makes me think of all the kids today who dress the same but claim they did it first.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3217 on: May 26, 2019, 12:13:11 AM »

That sounds kinda strange. For me they’re pretty much perfect right out of the box. Almost nonexistent break in time and usually it takes weeks if not months of walking around with shoes to break them in for me, vulc or cupsole. 😮

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3218 on: May 26, 2019, 12:37:43 AM »

I’ve always found Emerica cups take about a week to flex out and stretch a little, never tried the Reynolds but it holds true for figgys and laced

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #3219 on: May 26, 2019, 02:49:26 AM »
Never buy shit online, but I had to pull the trigger on this one.
https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/kanfoush-x-lance-mountain-828-skateboard-deck
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3220 on: May 27, 2019, 01:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote

Putting together a second setup, found those Clouds for a good price.  This is going to be fun.
[close]

No idea, still waiting for the trucks. They shouldn't anyways. I'll let you know if I remember when I out everything together.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3221 on: May 27, 2019, 03:55:03 AM »
Bought some NB 913s based off Roth’s rec and im in love. Shoe feels great and im glad I sized up (9.5Us but got 10’s). These are way easier on my feet then Accels or Dunks and I cant wait to skate them.

rapscallion

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3222 on: May 27, 2019, 10:22:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
No idea, still waiting for the trucks. They shouldn't anyways. I'll let you know if I remember when I out everything together.
I imagine you as your avatar dancing giddily for the past 4 days straight waiting on those trucks to arrive

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #3223 on: May 27, 2019, 11:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're soft and grippy, don't really powerslide that much at all. I use them for filming wheels, IMO better than Bones/OJs filmer wheels.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3224 on: May 27, 2019, 12:08:11 PM »
Happy Hour x Moomin Hemulen 8.375"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3225 on: May 28, 2019, 02:14:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
I imagine you as your avatar dancing giddily for the past 4 days straight waiting on those trucks to arrive
Imagine me as your a avatar, I'm still waiting for the trucks...
First time.was the same.when I ordered my 44. Takes forever.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3226 on: May 28, 2019, 11:22:04 AM »

I used to skate with Austin Kanfoush occasionally about 12 or so years ago here in Pittsburgh.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3227 on: May 28, 2019, 03:35:40 PM »
I'm sure one of you jerkofs said that city cups run a little big, but did I make a note of that? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Glad they were under $40

Ah see but how big? I'm in a cursed spot where when I play it safe and size down, things are always way too small. I'm more on the 10-10.5 side than the 9.5-10 side but everyone still says size down .5. I have my eye on a pair but don't want to shit the bed on the finality of the sale.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 670
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #3228 on: May 28, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm sure one of you jerkofs said that city cups run a little big, but did I make a note of that? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Glad they were under $40
[close]

Ah see but how big? I'm in a cursed spot where when I play it safe and size down, things are always way too small. I'm more on the 10-10.5 side than the 9.5-10 side but everyone still says size down .5. I have my eye on a pair but don't want to shit the bed on the finality of the sale.

See, here we go.  I'm glad you understand.  Can I get a 9 3/4? 
Samba adv 9.5 is too small, even with wafer thin socks.  10 gets the job done.  Everyone has been so pleased with the city cup on here.  I could use a little more cush, I have old man feet, but this 10 is not feeling like I can skateboard in it.   Should have just bumped up to the st3, or whatever the shit it's called.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3229 on: May 29, 2019, 05:24:53 AM »
OG classics are for the zagger slappy setup I'm throwing together, tablets are for my regular skate setup
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #3230 on: May 29, 2019, 07:33:47 PM »

Hopefully Austin gets a fat royalty check from
these, I bought one and I know they’re sold out a lot of places. I have been wanting to try this shape with some 159s.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3231 on: May 30, 2019, 03:00:10 AM »
Finally

Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3232 on: May 30, 2019, 05:34:22 AM »
I'm the worst...
I was checking a website for sowm griptape and they had a 10hr sale.
It was way too cheap to let it pass
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #3233 on: June 02, 2019, 04:46:31 AM »
I just got a Real Heavyweight for my birthday, I'm always skating DLX boards but I wanted to try if this construction makes any difference.

I'm 6,1 and 230 pounds, does anyone have tried it?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3234 on: June 02, 2019, 04:49:17 AM »
I just got a Real Heavyweight for my birthday, I'm always skating DLX boards but I wanted to try if this construction makes any difference.

I'm 6,1 and 230 pounds, does anyone have tried it?

Lots of people here have tried being 200+ pounds

ballintoohard

« Reply #3235 on: June 02, 2019, 05:33:04 PM »
Picked up a 35th North 8.25 shop deck (Generator wood, some Krooked shape copy that is my favorite shape since the old Girl/Chocolate glory days), some 148 Thunder Ti's, and Spitfire Tablet F4 52mm. Will keep re-using my old Swiss Ceramics, but should be a lot lighter than my FA with fuck tons of paint, Indy 149's, and conical fulls. Not that I will be one iota better from it, but I am mega stoked.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #3236 on: June 03, 2019, 02:21:09 AM »
went to the Goodwill Surplus store and paid $1 for 56/92 soft d spitfires with bones reds in them. mostly stoked on the bearings. also got a like-new hydro flask for a dollar as well hahah def recommend going and digging around.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #3237 on: June 04, 2019, 01:38:32 PM »
picked up a Girl x Uniqlo stripe T over memorial day weekend

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3238 on: June 05, 2019, 01:13:17 AM »

Crazy good deals here in Prague.
36 bucks for this is a no brainier.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3239 on: June 05, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »
went to the Goodwill Surplus store and paid $1 for 56/92 soft d spitfires with bones reds in them. mostly stoked on the bearings. also got a like-new hydro flask for a dollar as well hahah def recommend going and digging around.

There is a Goodwill around here where everything is in these big blue bins and you just pay based on how much your stuff weighs. Is that the same kind of store you are talking about?

Regardless, the last time I went there I got a vintage leather Kodak camera bag for what ended up being about $0.50.

I was (and still am) psyched on it.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick