Author Topic: SOBRIETY  (Read 51908 times)

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
Re: SOBRIETY
« Reply #1020 on: Today at 03:48:02 AM »
Great testimony @Gnar_Gnar

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #1021 on: Today at 06:18:02 AM »
So sorry for your loss and congrats on your success Gnar Gnar.  Amazing contribution to this thread.

One of my buddies reached out after I posted about my 1 year anniversary.  He’s a successful guy in every sense of the word, but obviously feeling uneasy with his beer and weed habit.  He had a lot of questions and I did my best to answer them all and encourage him to do what’s right for him.  Felt really nice to be the good example for once.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #1022 on: Today at 08:44:39 AM »
Can relate to a lot of what you said @Gnar_Gnar , and sorry for the loss of your mother. Fuck booze and what it does to people.

I definitely hear you on the boundary setting because people expect you to do things for them/help since you’re sober. Even little things like getting volunteered to drive everywhere since you’re not going to be fucked up. I feel like some people in my life assume I have it easier since I’m not drinking and don’t see the work it takes mentally and otherwise to continue not drinking.

Not going to lie, now that it’s summer here and warm, there’s been some moments where I’ve had “ah fuck, what if I just went on a bender at the beach this weekend and got back to sobriety next week” thoughts/impulses, thankfully I’m not acting on them and it’s not been overwhelming, but it’s funny because a week ago I posted in here about booze being so out of my mind.

Stay strong slappers.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

hmmoookay

• Rep: 71
  • content nausea
« Reply #1023 on: Today at 09:41:22 AM »
Beautifully said GnarGnar and I'm incredibly sorry about your mother, but I'm glad you're with us and stuck with it. Like you said, sobriety really is a gift, in so many ways, including the ability to process what's happening around you and to you in a healthy way. I wish you continued success friend.

Not going to lie, now that it’s summer here and warm, there’s been some moments where I’ve had “ah fuck, what if I just went on a bender at the beach this weekend and got back to sobriety next week” thoughts/impulses, thankfully I’m not acting on them and it’s not been overwhelming, but it’s funny because a week ago I posted in here about booze being so out of my mind.

Stay strong slappers.

I have had a similar experience the past week or so. I recently moved and for lack of a better explanation I have family around, and more family will be moving here, but this past weekend I was truly alone for the first time in a minute (my sister went out of town for memorial day) and I had that exact same thought. "Who's gonna know?" Type beat. I didn't drink because like you it's ultimately not really on my mind and I played that tape forward. I know what will happen. But damn, it's crazy how this shit will just sneak up on you if you let it. Unfortunately, I am not necessarily in the most "sober friendly" part of the US, that's as specific as I'll get, but I know there's likeminded folks here and I'll find em eventually. It's a reminder of how important a support system is, including all y'all!