Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 547306 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #1740 on: July 23, 2020, 04:25:31 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm just hoping I find the rest around the garage.

Man, this Ol' Yeller is a fun board, had a few rolls and it's like riding a boogie board.  I left the stock bushings in the Indys though and the trucks are staying pressed down after turning, and the bushings are kinda popping out of the seats.  Im sure they'll soften up but that's pretty weird.

Might pop some old rails on the sucker too
[close]
any wheelbite even w 1/4” risers? What size are the spits. Been riding 169 without risers and haven’t had any crazy issues eith 54mm wide wheels

Have only had a quick roll, but no wheel bite yet.  The Spitfires are 54mm, probably a bit smaller these days and being a bit soft, they bite pretty hard so i'll see how I go.  I ride 55mm Bones 99a on my other board with 169s and i've never had a bad wheelbite.  Got decent wheelbite marks though.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #1741 on: July 23, 2020, 06:56:03 PM »
Expand Quote
A friend moved out of state and handed me down an unknown handmade deck, after I split the nose and delaminates the tail this week I recut it and gave it some wheel wells.

9.75 x 30.5
15 wb 6.75 tail 5 nose
Really happy with how it feels now and it having a second life.

Running on 169s
54 f4 classics
[close]
Work of art, how did you do the wheel wells, some kind of power sander, carve them out? Whadya mean by delaminate the tail, just cutting off the razor tail?

Sorry, didn’t see that earlier...

The veneers on the tails split apart, so I filled them with wood glue and clamped them.

Thank you, by the way.

PMA

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #1742 on: July 24, 2020, 01:53:52 AM »
anyone know of a big boy board with steep kicks? mellow just doesnt work for me

What width and wheelbase are you looking for?

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1743 on: July 24, 2020, 05:34:48 AM »
What size trucks would you get for this deck?

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/all/products/scram-leaf-2-0-deck-1

It's 10.25 but seems like it varies in size around the trucks.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1744 on: July 24, 2020, 06:06:47 AM »

https://shop.atlasskateboarding.com/collections/all/products/scram-leaf-2-0-deck-1

Im thinking 169’s, in you’re doing Indy. It seems to taper a lot over the trucks

Tweekyn

« Reply #1745 on: July 24, 2020, 06:12:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Im thinking 169’s, in you’re doing Indy. It seems to taper a lot over the trucks

Ok so a 9.0ish axle? I was thinking the same thing. I wanted to go ace for this deck since it is just a cruiser. Would Ace 55s or 66's be the equivalent of 169s?

animalflesh

« Reply #1746 on: July 24, 2020, 06:52:33 AM »
Nolan uses ace 66 on that shape, the old leaf was 10.00 for Indy 169. The shape was redesigned for aces so 66

Tweekyn

« Reply #1747 on: July 24, 2020, 07:14:54 AM »
Nolan uses ace 66 on that shape, the old leaf was 10.00 for Indy 169. The shape was redesigned for aces so 66

Perfect. Thank you!

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #1748 on: July 24, 2020, 09:14:21 AM »
Finally got my 215 setup together

Anti Hero Old Yeller 9.9
Indy 215s
Spitfire Classics (kinda soft, off an old Zig Zagger complete)
1/4 inch risers
Need more bolts

Here's how it measures up against my Tired board.  9.6, 169 indys. 

Cant wait to smash a few curbs on this thing

Those 215s look mighty fine.. Makes me wanna get a pair..

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #1749 on: July 24, 2020, 01:18:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Perfect. Thank you!

You can probably fit this with some oj mini super juice(or any wide/asymmetrical wheels) and wheels wont hotrod or poke out much. I have a similar scram with 169s and mini juices, it’s the best cruiser and I can still do a lot of tricks on it. I do feel like the new wheelbases on scrams are meant for ace’s tho.
But that leaf 2 graphic is sick, kinda want what you are going to set up. What wheels you thinking?

Piff Burton

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1750 on: July 24, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »

101 Natas 9.8
Ace 66 trucks
Bennett Alligator wheels
Bones Swiss ceramics
Bones bushings

Tweekyn

« Reply #1751 on: July 25, 2020, 01:11:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Perfect. Thank you!
[close]

You can probably fit this with some oj mini super juice(or any wide/asymmetrical wheels) and wheels wont hotrod or poke out much. I have a similar scram with 169s and mini juices, it’s the best cruiser and I can still do a lot of tricks on it. I do feel like the new wheelbases on scrams are meant for ace’s tho.
But that leaf 2 graphic is sick, kinda want what you are going to set up. What wheels you thinking?

The reason Im creating this is because I just made a similar cruiser for my brother, and after feeling how effortlessly it was moving around his neighborhood, I had to make a similar build. I got him 60mm 78a og slime balls that were really nice. I wanted that similar tank feel where I felt I could roll over anything. I went with 60mm 78a super juice. I wanted to try the 78a ricta clouds but maybe next time. I also ended up getting Ace 66’s on a different 9.75 scram board. Idk if the wheels will be too big but worst comes to worst Ill get risers. This is going to strictly be a cruising/transportation board.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #1752 on: July 25, 2020, 01:24:46 AM »
Just discovered I still have this in my mom’s house, I gotta grab it and set it back up

9.5x32ish

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #1753 on: July 25, 2020, 05:51:54 AM »

101 Natas 9.8
Ace 66 trucks o
Bennett Alligator wheels
Bones Swiss ceramics
Bones bushings

Sick deck/trucks. The wheels are 71mm/84a? Do you have risers? I think these are the biggest wheels on a 9+ yet. How do you avoid wheel bite?

Piff Burton

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1754 on: July 25, 2020, 08:26:02 AM »
Expand Quote

101 Natas 9.8
Ace 66 trucks o
Bennett Alligator wheels
Bones Swiss ceramics
Bones bushings
[close]

Sick deck/trucks. The wheels are 71mm/84a? Do you have risers? I think these are the biggest wheels on a 9+ yet. How do you avoid wheel bite?

Yeah I have shock pads also. The wheels are 62mm 78a.

Zark

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1755 on: July 26, 2020, 12:40:56 AM »
Solstice 👍👍

What’s word w the new baker cruiser? 9”+ yeah? Haven’t seen dims posted online, just quick IG pics

8.5" x 32"

14.25" Wheel base

https://www.bakerskateboards.com/collections/all-boards/products/brand-logo-cruiser-8-5

Zark

« Reply #1756 on: July 26, 2020, 01:39:47 AM »

Madness as my cruiser
9.625" / Length: 31.8" / 14.0" wb, 6.5"tail? 7"nose?
Indy hollow 169
66mm powell snakes, 75a
no riser/no wheelbite, I think it's my bushing set up and the deck concave that helps prevent it, I ride them tight but not super tight

Polar 91 shape as my regular
9.25"  / Length:32.25″ /14.5″ wb/ Nose: 7.0″/ Tail: 6.5″
Indy Titanium 169
spitfire ff conical full 53mm, 99a

Bushings on both, Top bones hard conical/ bottom Indy hard cylynder

9" popscicle polar Boserio, was skating, but handing it to my buddy who needs a deck, and I wanted to try the 91 shape.

I know polar is generator but they feel extra solid, I love anti hero but have a hard time finding sizes I like, they have the standard 9" pop but the wheelbase feels too long for me, same wit some shapes like orange crusher, too long and old yeller too boaty feeling. So I'm trying diff polar as they're more consistent with their sizes and the wood is good. I plan to try the 92 and the Dane, but I'm afraid the Dane shape might be too small in wb, though I like the idea of a wider deck.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:23:49 AM by Zark »

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #1757 on: July 26, 2020, 11:55:55 AM »
Current fatties.

$lave war pig, 169s, 60 classics, 1/8 riser
ND Siamese, 6.1s, 54 CF
Gonz, 66s, 56 classics
BL Lance, 169s, 56 classic full
F4, 99a on all of them.
I had given up on the Lance with its 15" wheelbase. But I redrilled it using an old Indy baseplate down to 14.6. Now its fun and tre flippable. I had a Heroin Curb Crusher set up, but it wasn't getting much use. Too fishy and not enough nose for me. The $lave pig is still my favorite and I recently bought 2 more as backups.

zapooz.2

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1758 on: July 26, 2020, 12:49:16 PM »

this 1991 polar deck is looking extra crisp.  ::) ::)

Zark

« Reply #1759 on: July 26, 2020, 02:34:28 PM »
Current fatties.

The $lave pig is still my favorite and I recently bought 2 more as backups.
Dang, I want to try that $lave shape knowing they're Generator, but every time in the market for a $lave they're always sold out, what's the wb on the war pig, does the nose feel too short?

I like the Gonz pajama shape, wanna try it, but I hate that graphic, dunno why

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1760 on: July 26, 2020, 05:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Current fatties.

The $lave pig is still my favorite and I recently bought 2 more as backups.
[close]
Dang, I want to try that $lave shape knowing they're Generator, but every time in the market for a $lave they're always sold out, what's the wb on the war pig, does the nose feel too short?

I like the Gonz pajama shape, wanna try it, but I hate that graphic, dunno why
14.5 on the pig. The nose is small, but I like it.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1761 on: July 26, 2020, 07:27:09 PM »
i love the BL Lance Mountain...i think i would love it more if i re-drilled it too. Did you re-drill the nose?

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1762 on: July 26, 2020, 08:00:17 PM »
i love the BL Lance Mountain...i think i would love it more if i re-drilled it too. Did you re-drill the nose?
Yes, the nose. It still feels like a big boat of a board. But is so much lighter and easier to ollie now.

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1763 on: July 26, 2020, 08:04:32 PM »
Looking for some help finding something similar to the doubles ltd early 90's shape, I bought out all the stock of them I could find and am down to my last one. Generator/bbs wood and the specs are 9.1 Width 31.5 Length  14.25 Wheel Base 6.25 Nose 6.75 Tail. I've personally searched far and wide, even reached out to Generator on instagram but have found nothing comparable enough. I'm not ready to stop skating this shape dammit, it might be the only true love I ever find.

animalflesh

Zark

« Reply #1765 on: July 26, 2020, 09:35:01 PM »
Looking for some help finding something similar to the doubles ltd early 90's shape, I bought out all the stock of them I could find and am down to my last one. Generator/bbs wood and the specs are 9.1 Width 31.5 Length  14.25 Wheel Base 6.25 Nose 6.75 Tail. I've personally searched far and wide, even reached out to Generator on instagram but have found nothing comparable enough. I'm not ready to stop skating this shape dammit, it might be the only true love I ever find.
polar 92. Nose is a little bigger and not the same shape, but some similarities, also generator

Like handsclappin said the wb on warpig is a quarter longer and wider, but probably similar in nose and tail and also shape, made bygenerator too

And the egg, Not sure nose and tail but i Think the wb was 14.3, also generator

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 09:42:25 PM by Zark »

KillDayoy

« Reply #1766 on: July 26, 2020, 09:41:54 PM »
Also my favorite shape ^^^

https://socalskateshop.com/Prime-Wood-LA-Blank-S5-Handout-Shaped-Deck-Yellow-Stain-9-125x31-375.html#!?cc_decks=102310&c=cc_grip-tape

This is as close as you’re getting

The shape is definitely enticing but haven't had great experiences with prime in the past, unless they've gotten sturdier in the last couple years.

KillDayoy

« Reply #1767 on: July 26, 2020, 09:49:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
polar 92. Nose is a little bigger and not the same shape, but some similarities, also generator

Like handsclappin said the wb on warpig is a quarter longer and wider, but probably similar in nose and tail and also shape, made bygenerator too

And the egg, Not sure nose and tail but i Think the wb was 14.3, also generator

I've thought about the 92 shape but theres something about the slightly smaller nose that I love, I actually picked up a surf shape on a whim but It feels pretty tiny with the taper. That slave board may be the one, thank you!

AssMountain

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1768 on: July 28, 2020, 04:33:27 AM »
I couldn't decide between a few decks so I had my friend pick, and this is what she chose. It's too brilliant and honestly I kinda wanted to wallhang it after seeing it in person.

Heroin Golden Egg 9.125"x32" with 14.5" WB
Ace 66
Spitfire 58mm 99a Classics
1/4" risers
MOB
Bones Swiss

I skated it for like an hour and I'm thinking about removing the risers or putting 1/8" risers on, and switching to my F4 54mm tablets

I had the original Daniel Shimizu Egg board. I remember the nose was shorter than the tail by a considerable amount, I ended up skating it with the graphic backwards after a while. Looks like they've swapped it around now. Pretty sure I still have that board in the UK somewhere.

Once I was alone I just laid on the futon listening to Leonard Cohen and thinking about the other girl I liked and missed.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1769 on: July 28, 2020, 11:04:24 PM »
Current fatties.

ND Siamese, 6.1s, 54 CF
Gonz, 66s, 56 classics
BL Lance, 169s, 56 classic full
F4, 99a on all of them.
I had given up on the Lance with its 15" wheelbase. But I redrilled it using an old Indy baseplate down to 14.6. Now its fun and tre flippable. I had a Heroin Curb Crusher set up, but it wasn't getting much use. Too fishy and not enough nose for me. The $lave pig is still my favorite and I recently bought 2 more as backups.

That Gonz colourway is so sick.  I just grabbed one last week.