Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988282 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3930 on: December 25, 2019, 04:39:18 PM »
  Bought my gf a Korg monotron duo.  Bought a golf travel bag to put my dismantled bmx bike into (golfers don't get charged out the ass like cyclists and surfers) -so Im gonna fool em!  Thats all the shit Im buying.  I want desperately to start surfing again and I wish I could buy some single fin shortboards and a s.u.p.   Suping seems so bad ass! (obviously thats subjective but that paddle can bip you around the shoreline and beyond pretty smartly, surf some weird waves that wouldn't be worth it with regular equipment.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3931 on: December 25, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »
  Bought my gf a Korg monotron duo.  Bought a golf travel bag to put my dismantled bmx bike into (golfers don't get charged out the ass like cyclists and surfers) -so Im gonna fool em!  Thats all the shit Im buying.  I want desperately to start surfing again and I wish I could buy some single fin shortboards and a s.u.p.   Suping seems so bad ass! (obviously thats subjective but that paddle can bip you around the shoreline and beyond pretty smartly, surf some weird waves that wouldn't be worth it with regular equipment.)

Dude my friend who works with me has been traveling with his bmx bike in a golf bag for years and not once has he been charged. Every trip we take it has worked

7th Chamber

« Reply #3932 on: December 25, 2019, 05:47:27 PM »
Big ventures and some of those new white shell toes. Probably my all time favorite shoe, but those Vulcan adv things were terrible. Og shell toes are like $40 at the outlet these days, but the new skate ones looked too good to pass up.

Also got a spitfire topcap for my bike. Mash has them.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 05:51:38 PM by 7th Chamber »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3933 on: December 25, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude my friend who works with me has been traveling with his bmx bike in a golf bag for years and not once has he been charged. Every trip we take it has worked
  Ha -good to hear that!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3934 on: December 25, 2019, 08:27:31 PM »
Took my nephew to the skatepark today so he can enjoy the new deck I bought him. Afterwards, I bought us both post skatepark CA burritos and Mexican cokes.

In my car, he saw the Spitfire Formula Four Tablets I bought myself. Asked if he can have them, so we threw them on his board right away. Good skate Christmas for him.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3935 on: December 26, 2019, 12:09:57 AM »
Took my nephew to the skatepark today so he can enjoy the new deck I bought him. Afterwards, I bought us both post skatepark CA burritos and Mexican cokes.

In my car, he saw the Spitfire Formula Four Tablets I bought myself. Asked if he can have them, so we threw them on his board right away. Good skate Christmas for him.

the good cannibal
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #3936 on: December 26, 2019, 02:05:08 PM »
all black wouldnt be my normal choice but couldnt pass on 30 quid for hollow forged

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3937 on: December 26, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
all black wouldnt be my normal choice but couldnt pass on 30 quid for hollow forged

Can't blame you + there is always paint removal
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #3938 on: December 26, 2019, 03:10:07 PM »

Aah, life in SoCal. Cali burrito means ur in SD? And good job with the uncle-ing, I bet he was really stoked

satan

« Reply #3939 on: December 26, 2019, 03:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ya. Probably a great deal for Indy's in the UK

I thought the black was anodized? Will be tougher to removed than paint. We're ppl using oven cleaner for this?
In the 90's and early-2000's they sold automotive wheel cleaner that would easier removed anodizing. Bottle would say something like not safe for polished/bare aluminum

For removing paint without solvents I'd suggest brake fluid if you have some sitting around

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3940 on: December 26, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I thought the black was anodized? Will be tougher to removed than paint. We're ppl using oven cleaner for this?
In the 90's and early-2000's they sold automotive wheel cleaner that would easier removed anodizing. Bottle would say something like not safe for polished/bare aluminum

For removing paint without solvents I'd suggest brake fluid if you have some sitting around

is brake fluid surefire? might have to get some tomorrow if so...
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3941 on: December 26, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »
Aah, life in SoCal. Cali burrito means ur in SD? And good job with the uncle-ing, I bet he was really stoked

Haha. You know it. Once his younger brother is old enough, he’ll be getting a Christmas complete of his own. Haha. Spoiling my nephews and niece is kind of addicting.

satan

« Reply #3942 on: December 26, 2019, 05:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

is brake fluid surefire? might have to get some tomorrow if so...
Yes for regular brake fluid. That's DOT 3 and DOT 4. The cheap stuff..
If you're gonna use it I'm your car I'd suggest something like Castrol GTLMA, low moisture adsorption..
DOT 5 is synthetic silicon based and doesn't harm paint. Probably costs more too.
Weird euro/brit stuff might use mineral oil? Idr..

Don't need much brake fluid. A damp paper towel stuck on the paint would do it. Or brush/dap a lil on, it clings pretty well. Mixes with water so just rinse away. Best part is no fumes.
Might take some time tho. Maybe 1hr? Idk. Never timed it.

Wanna be mean and total a car? Pour brake fluid on it and walk away. The paint will never dry in those spots but it might not attack the primer coat. It'll still rust thru the primer tho. Pour down the cowl vent by the wipers for incognito action.. um, merry Xmas?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 06:07:05 PM by satan »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3943 on: December 26, 2019, 06:00:11 PM »

Damn, you're a good uncle. Haven't had the chance to shower my nephew with skate stuff, only had 1 session with him since I got him his complete. He's too little to turn and carve on the trucks, hopefully he grows into the board and more in love with skateboarding.

Also, burrito love!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3944 on: December 27, 2019, 07:47:03 AM »

Black with red bushings would be the only colored trucks I'd prefer riding. But that is only because they remind me of some black and red Fury trucks I had as a grom.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #3945 on: December 27, 2019, 08:15:04 AM »
Picked up some bones Swiss last night. Almost bought the scaled down Nora deck but I got a new one for Christmas that I’m not ready to set up yet.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #3946 on: December 27, 2019, 06:34:55 PM »
Found a set of Vans Versas at a skate shop for $20!!!
Almost picked up a set of Ventures and a random 8.38 board but, I’ll wait until I need them
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3947 on: December 27, 2019, 07:24:00 PM »
I grabbed a pair of the Buttergoods Philly S pants while I still could.  They look even better in person and are probably the best cargoes I've ever had.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 345
« Reply #3948 on: December 27, 2019, 08:39:52 PM »
got a third pair of the DC Kalis S in black/camo.

Two pairs of volcom chinos on sale
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3949 on: December 28, 2019, 08:35:17 AM »
From my local. Tie dye nostalgia

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3950 on: December 28, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »

sweet...I got some a few months ago too because they were heavily discounted...I find it interesting that they would discount these trucks given there should be enough demand for them at normal prices.

also, I have a set of OJ Mini Juice wheels on the way...looking forward to cruising the streets just like John Gardner!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3951 on: December 28, 2019, 11:18:21 PM »

Scooped this up for around $40 bucks which I will take apart and sell for individual parts while keeping the Baker board to try. The tail looks tiny for this 8" board, something I'm not a fan of so I might gift it to a friend. The board is brand new, looks like it didn't even make it 1 session.

It's got some old Spitfire Mike Anderson SFW 99a conicals which feel great for riding. I'm riding 83b 52mm wheels are they really have a hard time on rough asphalt.

Need some help identifying the trucks, so if any of you truck nerds can help that would be awesome.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Weezil

« Reply #3952 on: December 28, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
stage 10 indys?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3953 on: December 29, 2019, 02:04:55 PM »
My partner got me this for xmas. Beautiful board - yellow ply on top blue ply on the bottom.
Have wanted to try slave since it's inception but haven't come across one (in canada).

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 10:05:12 PM by Seadramon »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #3954 on: December 29, 2019, 03:33:10 PM »
My partner got my this for xmas. Beautiful board - yellow ply on top blue ply on the bottom.
Have wanted to try slave since it's inception but haven't come across one (in canada).

Your partner knows what’s up.
Aj had a sick part and the whole video was too good. I need to support in a monetary way.

nsskater1993

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3955 on: December 31, 2019, 10:42:41 AM »
I noticed my new local had a sale on for boxing day/week so I impulsively bought some new skate shit.

I intended to get a shop deck and swiss since this was the first time I saw swiss on sale in canada.

Ended up getting an 8.25 shop deck for 43.99 CAD, apparently pressed by Control. Curious to try it out.

Instead of getting the swiss, I got those new aurora red spitfire f4 tablets in 54 mm 101a. I've rode f4 classics twice but those were 99s, so this is going to be interesting. I hear a lot of complaints about how slidey the 101 are, the 99's were lovely and I enjoyed the smoothness and grip.

Overall I'm pretty pumped though, and will have until spring to think about what trucks and bearings I want to buy. thinking swiss 6 and indys/thunders although venture and the tensor atgs seem interesting.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3956 on: December 31, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
I noticed my new local had a sale on for boxing day/week so I impulsively bought some new skate shit.

I intended to get a shop deck and swiss since this was the first time I saw swiss on sale in canada.

Ended up getting an 8.25 shop deck for 43.99 CAD, apparently pressed by Control. Curious to try it out.

Instead of getting the swiss, I got those new aurora red spitfire f4 tablets in 54 mm 101a. I've rode f4 classics twice but those were 99s, so this is going to be interesting. I hear a lot of complaints about how slidey the 101 are, the 99's were lovely and I enjoyed the smoothness and grip.

Overall I'm pretty pumped though, and will have until spring to think about what trucks and bearings I want to buy. thinking swiss 6 and indys/thunders although venture and the tensor atgs seem interesting.
Swiss 6 are the absolute Truth.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #3957 on: December 31, 2019, 12:38:52 PM »
I can never go back after rockin ron's ceramics.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3958 on: December 31, 2019, 01:26:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Isn’t ol Ron hard to find these days. Always wanted to try a set

nsskater1993

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3959 on: December 31, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Isn’t ol Ron hard to find these days. Always wanted to try a set

I actually noticed rockin rons bearings at my local when I bought my indy 159s. I'm thinking about setting up two boards this summer so after I get the swiss 6 I may try some.