Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988266 times)

Fat Tire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4980 on: July 01, 2020, 02:52:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yeah that definitely worth a trip to the shop! I would leave with an arm full. Post up some pics if you get any of the other ones, if you would.
[close]

Yeah for sure I will. I posted the Maldonado one in the Setup thread last week. I'll probably head down soon if I'm going to go because it's on Carson st and after like 3pm the bums and street kids come out and you can't go a full block without someone trying to hustle you. 60 year old dudes with pissed pants who can barely walk will be like "hey dude! I skate too! can I talk to you for a minute?" and I have to be all like "please go away SneakySecrets." It's rough.
[close]
Fuck I will listen to SneakySecrets babble for ya.. I haven't talked about skating with someone irl in months! Shit, Im so isolated I would even hang with bums and street rats at this point.

I remember this bum I ran into was showing me his new board (actually used, probably stolen) and was super amped; he wanted to play me in a game of skate but I brushed him off and told him I had to be somewhere.

I still feel bad about that.

(I really declined because I didn't want to get mopped in skate by a base head but w/e)

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4981 on: July 01, 2020, 04:48:06 PM »
If you want one the always wonderful Corner store still has a couple up for grabs. If you're lucky he'll toss in one of his fantastic shop stickers, which I won't post here so as to not ruin the surprise if you get one.

https://thecornerstoreskateshop.bigcartel.com/
Plus just do it because that dude is legit

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4982 on: July 01, 2020, 05:31:29 PM »
Expand Quote
If you want one the always wonderful Corner store still has a couple up for grabs. If you're lucky he'll toss in one of his fantastic shop stickers, which I won't post here so as to not ruin the surprise if you get one.

[close]

Damn, ordered some wheels off Depop. Can we get a thread of core shops with sites. That way we can support while not being local?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #4983 on: July 01, 2020, 07:08:32 PM »
got a pair of white Rowley Classics...only weeks after a pair of 533 NB's...i have to say, im not enjoying the NB's, but the Rowley's are awesome. I think theres something about the sizing on the NB's just doesnt feel right.

but i need to take out the nothing insoles of the Rowleys and put my Footprints in

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #4984 on: July 02, 2020, 02:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Damn, ordered some wheels off Depop. Can we get a thread of core shops with sites. That way we can support while not being local?

There was one in this section a few months back with a lot of shops listed. If you go back a few pages I'd imagine you'll find it. I'm on my phone right now but if no one else links it or you can't find it then shoot me a PM later and I'll find it for you.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #4985 on: July 02, 2020, 07:31:31 AM »

Palace 8.3
Adidas Copa nationale
Willie

The deck is perfect, short wheelbase and kinda flat but I'm gonna hang it on the wall until I need it
Adidas fit tighter than I thought, but they have some arch support which is nice

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4986 on: July 03, 2020, 03:43:10 PM »
hockey 8.5
girl couch shape 9.25
ace classic bushings
thunder 147 hollows for free off the homie
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Heywoodfloyd

• Rep: 13
« Reply #4987 on: July 05, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
upload images

Bought a couple of boards.

The Polar Dane 1 is a back-up, it's my preferred cruiser shape.

The Quasi Proto II is next in line for my regular board, i love the 8.25 proto, so the 8.5 equvalent should be cool.

The Krooked Bobby board is a twin tail, not shure if i will skate it, might be a wall hanger.
I don't skate a lot of switch, so i can't see the point.
I bought it because the graphic rules, i wasn't aware that i wasn't a regular popsicle.

Wafools

• Rep: 42
« Reply #4988 on: July 05, 2020, 06:40:57 PM »
upload images

The Quasi Proto II is next in line for my regular board, i love the 8.25 proto, so the 8.5 equvalent should be cool.

The Krooked Bobby board is a twin tail, not shure if i will skate it, might be a wall hanger.
I bought it because the graphic rules, i wasn't aware that i wasn't a regular popsicle.

Very jealous of that quasi. I can’t find one to save my life.

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #4989 on: July 05, 2020, 06:53:24 PM »
bones swiss. been riding reds/random mix of old bearings (black panther, cheapshots, mini logo, ikg etc.) for a while now.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4990 on: July 05, 2020, 07:17:46 PM »
bones swiss. been riding reds/random mix of old bearings (black panther, cheapshots, mini logo, ikg etc.) for a while now.
Get the Swiss, you deserve them and maintain them.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4991 on: July 05, 2020, 08:37:32 PM »
Ishod symmetrical board 8.5

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #4992 on: July 05, 2020, 11:47:46 PM »

Heywoodfloyd

• Rep: 13
« Reply #4993 on: July 06, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
upload images

[close]

Yeah, they seem to be hard to find.

It was the first time i ever saw a 8.5 proto, so i had to snag it.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #4994 on: July 06, 2020, 10:19:16 AM »

Quasi 8.75
Chocolate 8.25

Loved the tapered shape on Quasi, i find it necessary when skating boards over 8.5. Also never had a PS Stix board so curious to try them.

Chocolate will be wall hanger for a while.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4995 on: July 06, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
upload images

[close]

[close]

Yeah, they seem to be hard to find.

It was the first time i ever saw a 8.5 proto, so i had to snag it.

I feel you on the worrest and polar (I've both but my polar is the popsicle with wheel wells).

Funny, I was hunting for an 8.25" proto just last week :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:19:26 PM by Xen »

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #4996 on: July 07, 2020, 02:18:23 PM »

got an old Zero single skull hoodie. I wanted an old one cause i didn't want that fit of a new one. The tag even says Tum Yeto LOL. when did zero leave tum yeto? 2000? I wonder how old this is exactly.

zero or die

nothing's been the since same

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4997 on: July 09, 2020, 05:38:36 PM »
They finally arrived, wanted some high tops and I found these Evan Smith highs zero for 22 bucks shipping included

Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4998 on: July 09, 2020, 06:07:06 PM »

got an old Zero single skull hoodie. I wanted an old one cause i didn't want that fit of a new one. The tag even says Tum Yeto LOL. when did zero leave tum yeto? 2000? I wonder how old this is exactly.

zero or die

they left in like 02’ I used to have this hoodie too. if I had to guess by the tag, it’s from 2000-2002
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #4999 on: July 09, 2020, 09:25:44 PM »
Got the matchbreak super in green off adidas.com with 15% off and free shipping, I don't need shoes but they reminded me of the classic campus vulc in green that I never was able to get so I had to fire it up

http://www.weartested.com/adidas-campus-vulc/

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #5000 on: July 09, 2020, 09:41:07 PM »

Quasi 8.75
Chocolate 8.25

Loved the tapered shape on Quasi, i find it necessary when skating boards over 8.5. Also never had a PS Stix board so curious to try them.

Is the Quasi deck wide in the middle & tapered towards the nose & tail? Eggish shape?

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 30
  • old leg
« Reply #5001 on: July 09, 2020, 10:32:22 PM »

finally got myself 53 conical full 99a (quite a recent stock arriving around end of May) from my usual 100+a wheels i've been riding since forever. now my knees thank me.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #5002 on: July 10, 2020, 12:33:34 AM »
Expand Quote

Quasi 8.75
Chocolate 8.25

[close]

Is the Quasi deck wide in the middle & tapered towards the nose & tail? Eggish shape?
Maybe little, but not that radical taper. More like a regular popsicle with little bit tapered kicks.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5003 on: July 10, 2020, 04:56:57 AM »

Working on decorating my home office and got this Blabac print of Kalis at Federal Plaza in Chicago.

Mike's got some nice ones in there.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/BLABACPHOTO

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5004 on: July 10, 2020, 05:37:22 AM »

finally got myself 53 conical full 99a (quite a recent stock arriving around end of May) from my usual 100+a wheels i've been riding since forever. now my knees thank me.

nice I still felt f4 99a chattery around me w the crap street pavement

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5005 on: July 10, 2020, 06:52:58 AM »

zero or die

I feel that. Dunno who they are modeling new fits after

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5006 on: July 10, 2020, 07:11:44 AM »

i just made the switch from 101a 53mm spitfire classics to these exact conicals. They're my first set of conicals and so far I don't love them. They seem very clunk to me and were getting caught on every little pebble I went over on a pretty smooth surface. I am going to keep riding them and trying them out. I don't want to dismiss them just yet, but so far, I miss my classics.

chappers

« Reply #5007 on: July 10, 2020, 07:21:51 AM »

hat of summer 2020 and couldnt resist the mask

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5008 on: July 10, 2020, 07:23:52 AM »
that’s a sick mask. I have the sweater
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5009 on: July 10, 2020, 07:25:00 AM »
@Tweekyn the conicals take getting used to. But there is something magical about the classic shape. Has the 99a in that weird mint color and kept coming back to them over and over. Such a good wheel.