Author Topic: Fuck El Toro - Shiloh Greathouse  (Read 14244 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Fuck El Toro - Shiloh Greathouse
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 12:42:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I disagree.

How do you know what it feels like to land a trick, or even just to survive on a huge rail like that. The feeling/adrenaline would be amazing. Different strokes for different folks.
I agree if the guy only jumps down rails and can't even push properly and looks like he has downsydrome while skating.
I think Shiloh is mad becasue his job is in jepordy due kids pushing their limits and being stoked on rails.

[close]

well I think he's saying, the more recent "extreme" side of skateboarding, such as going for a big rush, is completely gay. I think Shiloh is mad because skateboarding has become
a stunt show, but I guess you wouldn't understand.
[close]

it's all stunts. The reason skating progresses so quickly has a lot to do with 10 year old kids watching videos and not realizing that it is stunt skating and thinking it's the norm. When Natas first back boarded a 4 stair rail or whatever it was, that was a huge stunt then. Would be better off if he never jumped on rail because it would just have been a stunt?
[close]

I think there is a difference between progressing skating like Natas and Gonz did to just hucking yourself for instant fame and money, think about it they didn't even film the first rail attempts, that would never happen today.

I'm not so sure. It's all trying to be the first to do something new. The axel rose guy that back 180 El Torro was the first person to do that shit and he did it proper. I thought the clip was tight and on some levels is helping to progress things for unknown rippers looking to get some recognition.

At the end of the day, everyone still doesn't know the guys name and no one is going to make a career with one trick but everyone of us watched it.

Mizzark

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I disagree.

How do you know what it feels like to land a trick, or even just to survive on a huge rail like that. The feeling/adrenaline would be amazing. Different strokes for different folks.
I agree if the guy only jumps down rails and can't even push properly and looks like he has downsydrome while skating.
I think Shiloh is mad becasue his job is in jepordy due kids pushing their limits and being stoked on rails.

[close]

well I think he's saying, the more recent "extreme" side of skateboarding, such as going for a big rush, is completely gay. I think Shiloh is mad because skateboarding has become
a stunt show, but I guess you wouldn't understand.
[close]

it's all stunts. The reason skating progresses so quickly has a lot to do with 10 year old kids watching videos and not realizing that it is stunt skating and thinking it's the norm. When Natas first back boarded a 4 stair rail or whatever it was, that was a huge stunt then. Would be better off if he never jumped on rail because it would just have been a stunt?
[close]

I think there is a difference between progressing skating like Natas and Gonz did to just hucking yourself for instant fame and money, think about it they didn't even film the first rail attempts, that would never happen today.
[close]

I'm not so sure. It's all trying to be the first to do something new. The axel rose guy that back 180 El Torro was the first person to do that shit and he did it proper. I thought the clip was tight and on some levels is helping to progress things for unknown rippers looking to get some recognition.

At the end of the day, everyone still doesn't know the guys name and no one is going to make a career with one trick but everyone of us watched it.

the fact is it's just a fucking stair set. I've seen mad people backside 180 a set of stairs. el toro is just in the spotlight for whatever reason, that shit is gay

Mizzark

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2006, 01:17:25 PM »
and as for hubba hideout, that wasn't just any hubba, that shit was big as fuck

jared...

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 01:21:38 PM »
and el toro isn't big as fuck?
女の子は女の子とセックスすると、「lezzing out」です。 例えば、トニコクスホクスと友&

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • tiger style
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2006, 01:38:03 PM »
and as for hubba hideout, that wasn't just any hubba, that shit was big as fuck

exactly why new tricks on El Torro are exciting.

roulette

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2006, 01:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Crusty Vert dudes in the 90's were probably talking this way about hubba hideout. Kids these days don't believe in a GAT DAMN THING, i think samuel l jackson said that.
[close]

fuck vert
DONT WORRY, MIZZARK'S SKATEBOARDING PHASE OF LIFE WILL END SOON, HE WILL MOVE ON TO PROMOTING PARTIES AND CONCERTS AND FOREVER LEAVE THIS PLACE

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2006, 01:53:40 PM »
Much respect to Shiloh

EL TORO

Fuck El Toro! That spots for pussies! What possesses random kids and pros alike to look at a twenty-stair rail and say it looks fun! It’s not fun! It was once cool when Heath and Arto skated the rail but now it’s become the pinnacle of a “ claim to fame” in skateboarding. It’s the first spot mentioned out of every skaters mouth when stating the impossible in skating, “What if I kickflip back nose blunted El Toro then I’d be pro”. I would rather see Josh Casper Benihana over Limp Biscuit fucking the Back Street Boys than watch another fame hungry kid huck his carcass down that rail or stairs. It should be mandatory for anyone who wants to attempt a trick at El Toro to learn frontside slappies first. I did enjoy watching “Ragdoll” jump down it and smack the ground, totally living up to his name, that was smart.   - Shiloh Greathouse

Is this a diss on Dave Bachinsky?
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

roulette

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »
his hardflip on the cover of street corner catalog id reeeediculous

Mizzark

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2006, 02:04:37 PM »
ok ok I can see the point of the comparison, but I'm still no fan of the stair hucking pay to play skating

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2006, 02:06:51 PM »
That's a pretty extensive "don't post list" you got going on there, Mizzark.

Mizzark

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2006, 02:09:33 PM »
That's a pretty extensive "don't post list" you got going on there, Mizzark.

it's a pretty good one too

fuckingvegan

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2006, 02:24:24 PM »
Crusty Vert dudes in the 90's were probably talking this way about hubba hideout. Kids these days don't believe in a GAT DAMN THING, i think samuel l jackson said that.

Doubt it seeing as Wade Speyer was the first with a photo on Hubba and could kill vert as well, and I can name many others who did shit on Hubba who can skate pools and other tranny.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2006, 02:35:30 PM »
Yes! I'm listed! I read it through like yesterday and didn't see me, I was actually a bit sad...

fuckingvegan

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2006, 02:38:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fuck vert

pussy

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1183
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2006, 02:54:55 PM »
i dont think he's really even meaning to necessarily point the finger at El Toro.....you could substitute just about any of the 'big' famous spots and the paragraph would still read the same.  He's basically just bitching about kids setting their sights on "that one spot" and trying to get that quick claim to fame.......................................................................instead of getting 'known' through the conventional ways like knowing/hanging out with other pros who are better than you, killing a bear, being marketable, or DJing
hardly art, hardly starving

isaac

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 02:56:50 PM »
don't forget getting shot.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1183
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2006, 02:58:16 PM »
^^dont know how that one slipped my mind, thanks^^
hardly art, hardly starving

NRG

• Rep: 1
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2006, 02:58:35 PM »
I must say I'm torn on this issue. Hating on rails and the skaters who skate them is just dumb. While I agree with Shiloh, I don't fully agree with his comment.

When it comes down to it skateboarding is REALLY about 3 things: fun, progression, and chillin with tha fuckin boys on tha block (pourin 40s on tha ground and shit).  

Skating El Toro certainly doesn't seem fun, but the skaters stepping up to the set are surely progressing their own skating, and skating in general.  

Some people like the way these "stunts" are taking skating, some don't.

It all really depends on the skateboarder doing the stunts to me. If it seems like they are doing it to just get the "job" done and gain fame, than fuck that. If it seems like they had fun doing the trick, and did it with style and skill than cool.

The biggest problem of this carcass hucking for me, is the effect on the younger boarders. Any older rider knows of all the wonders of the differant kinds of terrains and the fun they bring. However, kids have one-track minds and only see how many stairs the trick is (not all, but most). Style and trick selection to them is of no importance. But children make skateboarding's wheels turn ($), and you know everyone wants to be riding on those 20 inchers. (???)  

Fuck it

hoodskater

• Rep: 0
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »
brandon biebel could threeflip el toro, i think he should then the place should be closed.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »
still waiting on the link to this article

Meth and Hookers

• Rep: 12
  • caveman?
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 03:58:47 PM »
 you should see all these faggot ass kids around my neighborhood kickflipping off the biggest shit they can find in their foundation shirts. dudes can't even kickflip flat, let alone five oh a ledge, shits embarrassing.
nearly every time I see a possum it's in dead form.

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »
yeah there's a few little kids in my town who fucken, flip down 7 sets and shit, skate a bunch of gay loading dock drops, and their flat shit is just digusting.  Maybe I don't have the balls to go skate big shit every week but it's like they're skating solely to get sponsored.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »
WELCOME TO A NEW DEPARTMENT WE CALL SHIT TALK CORNER. EACH ISSUE WE’LL GIVE ONE LUCKY HEAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEW AS MUCH SHIT AS THEY CAN ABOUT A FEW RANDOMLY CHOSEN TOPICS WE PROVIDE FOR THEM. THE ONLY RULE IS THEY CAN SAY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE TOPIC. IN THIS ISSUE OUR SHIT TALKER is NONE OTHER THAN THE LEGENDARY SHILOH GREATHOUSE.

SAND

I hate sand! It gets in your butt-crack and ruins your bearings. One time I was at the beach when I was a stupid kid and my brother asked me if I wanted a sandwich, and you know what the main ingredient was? Sand! Another incident with sand was the time I was running down the street and one of those people who thinks its so cool to have sand in their front yard instead of grass, got sand all over the sidewalk and I slipped on it and broke my penis. Then again I shouldn’t have been running down the street naked with an erection. Sand is evil and it watches what your doing all the time. It watches you like when you were 12 and your mom would ask you, “What takes you so long in the bathroom?” and you said you were washing your hands, sand knew what you were doing with her expensive hand lotion. You know when you fall asleep with the TV on and you wake up in the middle of the night to that static shit? That’s not static that is sand watching you!

EL TORO

Fuck El Toro! That spots for pussies! What possesses random kids and pros alike to look at a twenty-stair rail and say it looks fun! It’s not fun! It was once cool when Heath and Arto skated the rail but now it’s become the pinnacle of a “ claim to fame” in skateboarding. It’s the first spot mentioned out of every skaters mouth when stating the impossible in skating, “What if I kickflip back nose blunted El Toro then I’d be pro”. I would rather see Josh Casper Benihana over Limp Biscuit fucking the Back Street Boys than watch another fame hungry kid huck his carcass down that rail or stairs. It should be mandatory for anyone who wants to attempt a trick at El Toro to learn frontside slappies first. I did enjoy watching “Ragdoll” jump down it and smack the ground, totally living up to his name, that was smart.

CHILDREN

Kids suck! They are always doing shit like playing and eating candy, they’re pretty much worthless for the first 2 years unless you can’t find a ball and you need something to play catch with, at least after that you can teach them how to curse and smoke, they also make good footstools. Another thing, it really pisses me off that they’re breathing up all my air. If I had it my way we would ship them all off to camps where they be forced to hula-hoop until they were 16 or able to ollie up a curb whichever come first, (girls would only have to stay until they were hot). The only thing good about kids is making them, or eating them.

CINCO DE MAYO

What the hell is Cinco de Mayo? I know it means the 5th of May. But seriously everybody uses it as an excuse to drive drunk and then crash into people’s houses and shit. You could ask almost anyone what this holiday means and they wont know or they’ll say its some kind of Mexican independence day, which its not. Every time this fake-ass holiday comes around I ask my Mexican friends what the fuck does it mean? They just yell, “Shut the fuck up and stop spilling your beer while your driving!” My friends and I don’t know shit.

mikefork

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »
Yes! I'm listed! I read it through like yesterday and didn't see me, I was actually a bit sad...
i am psyched too

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 04:53:55 PM »

Considering the tongue in cheek nature of these questions, does any one else think that Shiloh may not have been being entirely serious with his sentiments regarding this topic? He has never really come across like such a hater to me, and I was a little surprised when I first read this quote. Now, in it’s original context, it seems to make more sense to me that he wasn’t being entirely serious.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:20:20 PM by HenryChinaski »
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

loudwizard

• Rep: 2
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »
i dont think he's really even meaning to necessarily point the finger at El Toro.....you could substitute just about any of the 'big' famous spots and the paragraph would still read the same.  He's basically just bitching about kids setting their sights on "that one spot" and trying to get that quick claim to fame.......................................................................instead of getting 'known' through the conventional ways like knowing/hanging out with other pros who are better than you, killing a bear, being marketable, or DJing

haha, post of the fucking week.

mikefork

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2006, 04:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i am psyched too
[close]
Considering the tongue in cheek nature of these questions, does any one else think that Shiloh may not have been being entirely serious with his sentiments regarding this topic? He has never really come like such a hater to me, and I was a little surprised when I first read this quote. Now, in it’s original context, it seems to make more sense to me that he wasn’t being entirely serious.
umm we weren't talking about shilohs list, we were talking about being on mizzarks dont post list

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i am psyched too
[close]
Considering the tongue in cheek nature of these questions, does any one else think that Shiloh may not have been being entirely serious with his sentiments regarding this topic? He has never really come like such a hater to me, and I was a little surprised when I first read this quote. Now, in it’s original context, it seems to make more sense to me that he wasn’t being entirely serious.
[close]
umm we weren't talking about shilohs list, we were talking about being on mizzarks dont post list
That is quite an honor, for sure. He should have a NPAOTY award, the Never Post Againer Of The Year award to correspond with SOTY. I’m sure defiantnate would win in a landslide.
- I didn’t realize I had quoted you on that first post, it was an accident.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:22:25 PM by HenryChinaski »
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

uruguay

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2006, 05:16:56 PM »
man, shiloh is really bad at being funny.