Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988826 times)

Murray Hewitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3510 on: August 30, 2019, 04:48:47 PM »
Looks like Primitive are bulk unloading all Najera and Tucker product.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3511 on: August 31, 2019, 05:40:49 AM »

Giving some love to the local shop cuz they actually have stuff I like and are rad otherwise too.

Real Ishod 8.5" Twin Tail + Jessup
Emerica Reynolds Low Vulc (Canvas)

Skating one of the earlier 8.5" twin tails right now and I really like it. I'm not sure why I'd need a nose that's different from the tail. 🤔

These might be the last pair of Reynolds Emericas I'll get if the rumors are true. Been skating Vans Slip On Pros now and even though cupsoles have their benefits I actually might prefer the feel of vulcs in the end. Also stoked that they're canvas. I'm not convinced that I need killed animals on my feet. 🤔

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3512 on: August 31, 2019, 11:53:55 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/yappledapple555/
Blind jeans, half Cabs, and a white t-shirt.
Venture and Polar cap.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 11:56:31 AM by yapple dapple »

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3513 on: August 31, 2019, 11:55:58 AM »

Giving some love to the local shop cuz they actually have stuff I like and are rad otherwise too.

Skating one of the earlier 8.5" twin tails right now and I really like it. I'm not sure why I'd need a nose that's different from the tail. 🤔

These might be the last pair of Reynolds Emericas I'll get if the rumors are true. Been skating Vans Slip On Pros now and even though cupsoles have their benefits I actually might prefer the feel of vulcs in the end. Also stoked that they're canvas. I'm not convinced that I need killed animals on my feet. 🤔

That deck looks dope. Love the graphic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3514 on: August 31, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »

those shoes are 🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3515 on: August 31, 2019, 08:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3516 on: September 01, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3517 on: September 01, 2019, 08:05:26 PM »

Canvas rips just from looking at it though.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 08:06:58 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #3518 on: September 01, 2019, 08:07:41 PM »
I couldn’t sleep so I got out of bed and ended up ordering a set of Acid Chem Co. Pods (55mm, 86a), some sort of ugly (striped!) but non-synthetic and comfy-looking pants that were on sale dirt cheap, a pair of yellow bamboo socks and a pair of Adidas 3st.004 that were half off. Good deals all around but still feeling a bit ashamed about it since I shouldn’t really be spending right now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 08:09:35 PM by woodinbrine »

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #3519 on: September 01, 2019, 09:35:38 PM »
Been buying a lot of skate dvd's lately, been getting kind of obsessed. Saw this one and didn't even second guess it. Its been so hard to come across this one nowadays.

damn, you think you do, but you dont even know how lucky you are
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #3520 on: September 02, 2019, 03:39:16 AM »
Hey Roisto that deck is the glow in the dark one right? I was looking at getting one before but I didn't realize it was a twin tail - now I'm really interested.

I decided that I'm going to test Ronald McRockald's oft-cited rant about how the best bearings come from Europe and everything from China is trash so I picked up 2 sets of German bearings  - one GMN and one FAG.

They're both lubricated with grease and need to be broken in before I can really compare but my first impression is that they don't seem to be special. Both have metal retainers (which I think is slower than plastic/nylon), the GMN have a yellowish one that I assume is bronze and the FAG look to be just steel. Im curious to see how they feel after a couple weeks but so far they're pretty pedestrian.

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #3521 on: September 02, 2019, 07:23:29 AM »
I decided that I'm going to test Ronald McRockald's oft-cited rant about how the best bearings come from Europe and everything from China is trash so I picked up 2 sets of German bearings  - one GMN and one FAG.

Where did you get them? Are they really made in Germany (EU)?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3522 on: September 02, 2019, 09:05:37 AM »

Yeah they're legit. The GMN are NOS from ebay. They were a more common "premium" bearing back in the day, so there's still cases of them floating around. I believe old school skates sells NOS ones.

For the FAGs I found a guy in the Czech Republic who supplies industrial parts and he ordered them for me. Most suppliers don't want to bother with such small quantities and they often have like a 100 piece minimum order or they'll charge a bunch for shipping, so this was the easiest and cheapest way I found. They were I believe $28 including shipping and the whole process took about a month.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #3523 on: September 02, 2019, 02:52:04 PM »
Just got some ck1s, skytop 3s and a pair of the skytop 1s -brown colorway, for super cheap, cant wait to skate the skytops!

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3524 on: September 02, 2019, 03:38:20 PM »

$16.99 at burlington, im stoked.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #3525 on: September 02, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »
My local shop got sml wheels in so Tuesday when they reopen I’ll be getting a new set. Very thrilled I can get those wheels at the shop instead of always having to order online.

ramplocal

• poser
« Reply #3526 on: September 02, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »

Holy shit, those are super dope, love the colorway, and that price!

ramplocal

• poser
« Reply #3527 on: September 02, 2019, 05:41:23 PM »

Excuse my ignorance, what rumors abt the shoe?

Switchpopshuvit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3528 on: September 02, 2019, 07:46:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=106612.0

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3529 on: September 03, 2019, 12:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah they're legit. The GMN are NOS from ebay. They were a more common "premium" bearing back in the day, so there's still cases of them floating around. I believe old school skates sells NOS ones.

For the FAGs I found a guy in the Czech Republic who supplies industrial parts and he ordered them for me. Most suppliers don't want to bother with such small quantities and they often have like a 100 piece minimum order or they'll charge a bunch for shipping, so this was the easiest and cheapest way I found. They were I believe $28 including shipping and the whole process took about a month.
I work with printing machines in EU and I’ve been using those FAG ones as a spare bearing for as long I can remember as we have tons of them lying around. Those are your typical indystrial bearing, you can get some more speed out of them if you pop them shields and change some speed cream for lubricant but no way you can get them as fast as swiss...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

ramplocal

• poser
« Reply #3530 on: September 03, 2019, 04:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=106612.0

Oh yes, im stupid, fuck them indeed if its true

Spacenoid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3531 on: September 03, 2019, 07:27:36 AM »

trucks ain't new, everything else is. Baker 8.5, Ricta Rapido Round 54s, Mini-Logo bearings

I honestly might not skate any of these shoes but they give me more footwear choices so I can skate a few pairs of Dunks/Lunar Gatos out. Also just copped that Crailtap hard good box

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3532 on: September 03, 2019, 08:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The GMNs were what everyone had back when I was young. You dreamed about getting swiss, but they were unrealistically expensive for a 12 year old so it was germans. These days I don't think I skate fast enough that it really matters what I have. I'm riding reds currently and they suit my needs just fine.
No.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #3533 on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hot damn. I've been sleeping on Burlington for far too long.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3534 on: September 03, 2019, 08:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Hot damn. I've been sleeping on Burlington for far too long.

Mine only has FUBU and RBX sneakers and knock off timbs. This bums me out but at the same time I'm stoked for you.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3535 on: September 03, 2019, 09:10:31 AM »
Thanks guys, wasn't even expecting to find anything haha. But yea this was the only pair of SBs I saw besides one pair of janoski air max not my size. Worth a look at every now and then I guess, but definitely not as consistent as other discount places.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3536 on: September 03, 2019, 12:23:05 PM »
I work with printing machines in EU and I’ve been using those FAG ones as a spare bearing for as long I can remember as we have tons of them lying around. Those are your typical indystrial bearing, you can get some more speed out of them if you pop them shields and change some speed cream for lubricant but no way you can get them as fast as swiss...

The GMNs were what everyone had back when I was young. You dreamed about getting swiss, but they were unrealistically expensive for a 12 year old so it was germans. These days I don't think I skate fast enough that it really matters what I have. I'm riding reds currently and they suit my needs just fine.

Yeah I got them mostly because I wanted to see if there was any validity to the claims made by the purveyor of Rock em' Sock em' Ronald's Cock Rockin' Knee Knockin' Shockin' Pocket Rockets™. There's so much marketing hype and misinformation on the topic of bearings and I wanted to kind of de-mystify it all. I've been saying for a while that just because a bearing is cheap and made in china it doesn't mean it's bad. I have a set of Flip HKD 7's that are better than my swiss, and I just bought a set of $8 bearings on amazon that are incredibly smooth and fast - I thought they accidentally sent me ceramics at first because they were so quiet. Plus GMN were the first bearing upgrade I ever purchased so that was a bit of a nostalgia thing too.

My first impression is that they're both good bearings, but the FAGs are the better of the two. They aren't crazy fast like 6 ball swiss but what they do seem to be really good at, especially the FAGs, is holding speed once you've built it up. They take a little bit of time to warm up, but once you're going you can definitely coast longer than with reds. There's a little hill on my way home from work that I hit and can usually coast for a fair bit on before I start pushing, but with these I was able to coast significantly longer and actually only stopped because I hit an intersection. I don't know if thats because of the thicker lube or because they're just a better bearing, but once I've got them broken in and have a good idea of what to expect I'll break them down and clean the lube out, then try them with speed cream to give me a better idea. 

Also just throwing it out there but if you can grab a hand full of those bearings from work without anyone noticing you could probably make some good side cash selling them on ebay. I'd definitely buy another set.

RoyMedKukken

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3537 on: September 03, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »

Skated my Joslins for a month and theyre pretty beat, so I got a new pair.
Love these shoes, they feel almost the same as the Fallen Trooper (best shoe ever)

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #3538 on: September 03, 2019, 05:35:36 PM »
Finally pulled the trigger on a few things skate related got a gift from my wifey a Independent parts kit a new set of Ace 44's green ones and the only hardware at my local that was allen keys were Enjoi gender benders which is a dual phillips head/allen star. I am pretty psyched on all of these things.

Anyone ever fucked with Ace trucks and is it true they come with bones bushings?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
« Reply #3539 on: September 03, 2019, 05:47:03 PM »

Anyone ever fucked with Ace trucks and is it true they come with bones bushings?

knock your selfout ; https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=48056.1470
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[