Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988833 times)

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4830 on: June 07, 2020, 10:17:07 AM »

got another curb crusher.  this one is a different, skinnier (9.8 i think), more tapered shape.  and its dipped.  wanna skate it, but i think im gonna hang it on the wall for a bit.

Based off this lil picture your studio looks fun

BL0B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 417
« Reply #4831 on: June 07, 2020, 01:02:19 PM »

got another curb crusher.  this one is a different, skinnier (9.8 i think), more tapered shape.  and its dipped.  wanna skate it, but i think im gonna hang it on the wall for a bit. 

nice Abyss and CC! got one of those pearly CC's coming, bummed i missed out on the eyeballer.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #4832 on: June 07, 2020, 04:47:29 PM »
My 5th Real hw deck I think they’re a budget version of the vx decks.  A little bit thicker but honestly these have lasted me a year

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4833 on: June 07, 2020, 06:28:31 PM »

Library Skateshop good new shop haven’t been but I’m a state over so still good to support.
F4 and reds combo (covid?) deal they had going, conical fulls I went with.

Want to check out the loophole wheels they have too. See: latest page of wheels thread

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #4834 on: June 08, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »

I like looking at fresh aces lol

nothing's been the since same

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4835 on: June 08, 2020, 12:48:56 PM »

That’s fucking sick

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4836 on: June 08, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »

Very fresh.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4837 on: June 08, 2020, 02:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Very fresh.
fresh aces. And fresh classics. And fresh white deck. All fresh to the max

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4838 on: June 08, 2020, 04:45:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Very fresh.
[close]
just sold me on some 44s. gonna drop by civil this week and set them up
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #4839 on: June 08, 2020, 05:16:38 PM »
I wanted some 54 OG classics but got some 53 classics since it what was the shop had. wanted to try those since I've only been skating OG classic type wheels for a second. wanted to support and try some new gear so I went for it

sick. hope you enjoy the aces you're gonna pick up.

my other board has indies stage 11 with some dekeyzer spitfires. speed and turning feels great but it's a little heavier. kinda fun to have a lighter feeling setup.

nothing's been the since same

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4840 on: June 08, 2020, 05:37:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Very fresh.
[close]
[close]

pvd got looted and is closed and EG only had 55’s I think! I went a few days ago, but hit em up

Junglist

« Reply #4841 on: June 08, 2020, 10:11:26 PM »
I found a pair of emerica Ellington’s today at savers. They’re a half size big but they’re so sick. They’re dingey for sure but for $3 I couldn’t say no to a shoe I’ve always wanted

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4842 on: June 08, 2020, 11:23:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Very fresh.
[close]
[close]

[close]
pvd got looted and is closed and EG only had 55’s I think! I went a few days ago, but hit em up
im close to the EG shop and they told me a shipment will be in sometime this week. just gonna pop my head in tomorrow and test my luck
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #4843 on: June 09, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »
A couple back up $lave pigs. I love this shape.
The one I'm riding might have some busted nanotubes.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4844 on: June 09, 2020, 06:23:10 PM »
Got a chocolate 9.25 shaped board and some sml wheels in 52mm coming in the mail. Will pair them up with the film trucks that just arrived to complete my old man tech setup

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

411_bandit

• Rep: -15
« Reply #4845 on: June 09, 2020, 06:37:30 PM »
#getbetterandy

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4846 on: June 09, 2020, 10:30:02 PM »

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4847 on: June 09, 2020, 11:04:43 PM »
A couple back up $lave pigs. I love this shape.
The one I'm riding might have some busted nanotubes.

Been tempted on these and the Dicola shape. They both look so fun.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #4848 on: June 09, 2020, 11:28:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
so many questions and no answers.

I could use those trucks and wheels. Though the plank of wood away though.

thelonelynow

« Reply #4849 on: June 10, 2020, 03:47:01 AM »
DLX has been price gouging (I hope that's the correct term) and sending very little product to my local shop (where I like to do about 90% of my purchases) here in Japan since around last June (way before pandemic). The shop is actually considering dropping them completely since Sml, Bones and even Acid wheels are becoming more popular lately and Indy and Ace are taking over on the trucks side (at least this is the case in my prefecture). DLX brand decks have never been too popular here mostly because of the odd or terrible graphics. I prefer BBS or Crail and occasionally DSM wood so I skate a lot of Hook-Ups, Polar, Alien, Theories, Habitat and occasionally Girl and Enjoi boards. We just got some Hockey/FA in for the first time so I may purchase a couple of those since the shapes look cool. None of the other distributors (NHS/Dwindle/Theories/TumYeto/CrailTap/Hook-Ups (big anime tiddys)/Sovereign Sect for example) are charging them above and beyond the usual slightly higher than US prices we've gotten used to paying. Anyways, I usually ride Thunders but we've had none since last June so I've been riding Indy Titaniums since wearing out my last set of Thunders (they cracked right after I hit axle, sad day). I saw the Venture Titaniums in the shop the other day, and the prices, wow! So I left without buying and decided today that if they're still there (I didn't think they would be) then I'd purchase them. I haven't ridden Venture since the 1990's and all I can say from first observation is wow that baseplate is huge! Oh and wowee do I hate the color gold! Gonna need a very specific deck for these to work out and look good.

The Formula Fours are the shape/size I used to always ride but it's been over a year since I had them. I am completely satisfied with the Sml OG formula wheels but I wanted to try these out once again. I have way too many setups right now! As far as the weird gray color, one moment I think they look cool then the next I feel they may be the ugliest wheels I've ever seen. There's no happy medium. I'll see what they look like after being skated to make the final decision. I think I'm trending toward the latter opinion though...

Price for comparison: Venture 5.6 Titaniums - ¥13,500.00 About $125.00 US *gulp
                                  Indy 144 Titaniums - ¥9,000.00 About $85.00 US

Most Sml/Bones/Ojs - ¥5,500.00 About $50.00 US
                                  Spitfire Formula Fours - ¥8,500.00 About $80.00 US *double gulp with a bit of a puke burp!

So yeah, if DLX prices stay this way they will continue to get less popular here I feel especially since we are also in a recession now. I'm glad I discovered Sml wheels! I just don't know if I'm going to like any trucks more than I did Thunder. Indy are good all purpose trucks but something is missing for me riding them, just a certain feeling or something. I feel very fortunate to be able to choose different gear and not be affected by the recession as of now. I am also still able to eat ramen non-stop and pay for my Ninja School tuition (It's a joke)! I'm only 1/4 Japanese any ways (American Mom • Half Japanese/Belgian Dad), so they'd never accept my application!

I also two weeks ago got a set of Ace trucks to try out (I hope they don't sponsor the evil 1010 still, oh and we don't "all love him in Japan" that's a very small set of older skaters and notoriously racist bikers). I'm having a really hard time breaking in the Ace stock bushings. They're really mushy and stay stuck leaning one way or the other. I ride trucks moderately loose as well (kingpin nut is usually just barely flush with the top of the kingpin). They were so inexpensive though! Only ¥6,000.00 (About $55.00 US) so I'm hoping I will eventually like them since they seem to always be in stock and have a recession proof cost!

I hope I made the photos with the right dimensions!

I'm sorry I keep writing so much, I have too much free time right now being quarantined, yes many of us in most prefectures are still voluntarily staying home as much as possible. American news about Japan is always so far off from reality I've noticed. Imagine everyone assuming the entire US is just like NYC. That's what happens here except it's with Tokyo. I hope to get better at posting here in time. Please forgive me if I've wasted your time.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4850 on: June 10, 2020, 09:25:32 AM »
DLX has been price gouging (I hope that's the correct term) and sending very little product to my local shop (where I like to do about 90% of my purchases) here in Japan since around last June (way before pandemic). The shop is actually considering dropping them completely since Sml, Bones and even Acid wheels are becoming more popular lately and Indy and Ace are taking over on the trucks side (at least this is the case in my prefecture). DLX brand decks have never been too popular here mostly because of the odd or terrible graphics. I prefer BBS or Crail and occasionally DSM wood so I skate a lot of Hook-Ups, Polar, Alien, Theories, Habitat and occasionally Girl and Enjoi boards. We just got some Hockey/FA in for the first time so I may purchase a couple of those since the shapes look cool. None of the other distributors (NHS/Dwindle/Theories/TumYeto/CrailTap/Hook-Ups (big anime tiddys)/Sovereign Sect for example) are charging them above and beyond the usual slightly higher than US prices we've gotten used to paying. Anyways, I usually ride Thunders but we've had none since last June so I've been riding Indy Titaniums since wearing out my last set of Thunders (they cracked right after I hit axle, sad day). I saw the Venture Titaniums in the shop the other day, and the prices, wow! So I left without buying and decided today that if they're still there (I didn't think they would be) then I'd purchase them. I haven't ridden Venture since the 1990's and all I can say from first observation is wow that baseplate is huge! Oh and wowee do I hate the color gold! Gonna need a very specific deck for these to work out and look good.

The Formula Fours are the shape/size I used to always ride but it's been over a year since I had them. I am completely satisfied with the Sml OG formula wheels but I wanted to try these out once again. I have way too many setups right now! As far as the weird gray color, one moment I think they look cool then the next I feel they may be the ugliest wheels I've ever seen. There's no happy medium. I'll see what they look like after being skated to make the final decision. I think I'm trending toward the latter opinion though...

Price for comparison: Venture 5.6 Titaniums - ¥13,500.00 About $125.00 US *gulp
                                  Indy 144 Titaniums - ¥9,000.00 About $85.00 US

Most Sml/Bones/Ojs - ¥5,500.00 About $50.00 US
                                  Spitfire Formula Fours - ¥8,500.00 About $80.00 US *double gulp with a bit of a puke burp!

So yeah, if DLX prices stay this way they will continue to get less popular here I feel especially since we are also in a recession now. I'm glad I discovered Sml wheels! I just don't know if I'm going to like any trucks more than I did Thunder. Indy are good all purpose trucks but something is missing for me riding them, just a certain feeling or something. I feel very fortunate to be able to choose different gear and not be affected by the recession as of now. I am also still able to eat ramen non-stop and pay for my Ninja School tuition (It's a joke)! I'm only 1/4 Japanese any ways (American Mom • Half Japanese/Belgian Dad), so they'd never accept my application!

I also two weeks ago got a set of Ace trucks to try out (I hope they don't sponsor the evil 1010 still, oh and we don't "all love him in Japan" that's a very small set of older skaters and notoriously racist bikers). I'm having a really hard time breaking in the Ace stock bushings. They're really mushy and stay stuck leaning one way or the other. I ride trucks moderately loose as well (kingpin nut is usually just barely flush with the top of the kingpin). They were so inexpensive though! Only ¥6,000.00 (About $55.00 US) so I'm hoping I will eventually like them since they seem to always be in stock and have a recession proof cost!

I hope I made the photos with the right dimensions!

I'm sorry I keep writing so much, I have too much free time right now being quarantined, yes many of us in most prefectures are still voluntarily staying home as much as possible. American news about Japan is always so far off from reality I've noticed. Imagine everyone assuming the entire US is just like NYC. That's what happens here except it's with Tokyo. I hope to get better at posting here in time. Please forgive me if I've wasted your time.

rare to see an anime avatar make such a readable, thought out post. have a gnar

thelonelynow

« Reply #4851 on: June 10, 2020, 01:00:32 PM »
rare to see an anime avatar make such a readable, thought out post. have a gnar

Thank you! I hope you have a good day too! I'm glad it was readable, I was worried I babbled on too much and it wouldn't make sense.

fake nollie.sk8er

• Rep: -37
« Reply #4852 on: June 10, 2020, 03:26:17 PM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4853 on: June 10, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
so many questions and no answers.
Probably we're better without the answers.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #4854 on: June 10, 2020, 05:25:38 PM »
Static 1
Northern Co. - Helen

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #4855 on: June 11, 2020, 12:07:45 AM »
Got some bronson raws in the mail today. Excited to see you boys in the regret thread in a couple weeks.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4856 on: June 11, 2020, 02:57:17 PM »

I didn't need it, but was feeling it. with the 14.125 WB going to sit well with my Ventures 5.6s

Also nabbed these for my smaller board. 147 Hollow lights as TI are nowhere to be found.

V2 52
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:24:36 PM by Xen »

thelonelynow

« Reply #4857 on: June 11, 2020, 05:43:53 PM »

I didn't need it, but was feeling it. with the 14.125 WB going to sit well with my Ventures 5.6s

Also nabbed these for my smaller board. 147 Hollow lights as TI are nowhere to be found.

I really hope wheel wells become popular again and I hope we eventually get these Polar decks here! Can I ask what the deck width is? Also, you have a great photo setup for products! These shots look great! I want to get a white box for shooting skate stuff but for now I have to settle for my stairwell which is mostly white. Hey, at least you can get Thunders at all! Enjoy the cool new gear!

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4858 on: June 11, 2020, 05:57:11 PM »
Those are def stock photos

thelonelynow

« Reply #4859 on: June 11, 2020, 06:06:56 PM »
Those are def stock photos

Oh haha, my mistake! Derp.