Author Topic: The Transition Help Thread  (Read 12211 times)

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 84
Re: The Transition Help Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2024, 10:08:32 AM »
How do you guys lock for grinding 50s around corners? I'm mostly a cross-locker, and I cant for the life of me manage these 45 degree rather mellow corners in the local bowl...

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2024, 12:48:05 PM »
Personally

For Back 50s, I keep the cross lock and stay heavy on the back truck, letting front be a bit light so it’s guided through the corner

FS 50s, I go heavy heel-lock. If it’s sharp, i sink my weight into the turn. If it’s mellow, I stand more on top and basically ride the corner

From there is just finding speed and angle that makes the grind work
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2024, 01:14:41 AM »
Maybe it’s been answered but idk how to search it exactly- wtf is it called when you don’t pop into and don’t grab out of a pick? Think nose stall but on your front truck?

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 33
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2024, 01:16:54 AM »
2021 is the year I get better at transition, or so I have told myself. If anyone else is in the same boat, let's put all that crap here and see if we can't help each other out.

I'll go first: I can't do anything backside that doesn't come down to a carve, carve grind or slash grind. I always have my upper body over the transition and can't seem to move my weight fully on top the coping, and it's especially bad on flat walls. I really want to do a stand up bs 50-50 and get those bs 5-0s that are angled toward the deck and just zip right along the coping while locked in on the heelside wheel.

Anyone got any hints or tips or am I doomed to stay a "frontside guy"?

If no one has told you, with the exception of disasters and tailslides being a fs guy is infinitely cooler than being a bs guy

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2024, 01:37:17 AM »
Maybe it’s been answered but idk how to search it exactly- wtf is it called when you don’t pop into and don’t grab out of a pick? Think nose stall but on your front truck?

I had a search on google and funnily enough another old thread came up:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=106925.0

Might not be much good, but people think nosepick can be done with or without hands.

Newer deal is another one, a new deal being a nosepick to decker, like a fakie pivot to rock fakie only forwards...

I guess it is often down to where you skated or who you skated with.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2024, 07:57:51 AM »
Yeah we always just called it a New Deal, even without the disaster decker... Nose pivot, straight in.