Author Topic: The Transition Help Thread  (Read 11340 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
Re: The Transition Help Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2023, 01:54:22 PM »
How do I grind longer on pool coping? I think the longest I can get is maybe 7-8ft on a cross-locked back 50 and that's absolutely hauling ass. Some guys seem to be able to do 10 or 12ft grinds like it's nothing. Is there some trick here?

Samba Sauce?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2023, 11:50:16 AM »
Who has some advice on stretching techniques so I can learn some grabs? I am comfortable with frontside Ollies over coping on most ramps, but as soon as I try to grab the board I bail. Just standing on a board I can't grab behind my knees at all tuckknee style, and I cant grab behind my back melon or stalefish either. Any stretching or advice in general is greatly appreciated
fuck you bama

elegant_fox

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2023, 12:15:31 PM »
Who has some advice on stretching techniques so I can learn some grabs? I am comfortable with frontside Ollies over coping on most ramps, but as soon as I try to grab the board I bail. Just standing on a board I can't grab behind my knees at all tuckknee style, and I cant grab behind my back melon or stalefish either. Any stretching or advice in general is greatly appreciated

I’ve been practicing my way up to airs and the way I’ve wrapped my head around melon and Indy grabs is starting to grab during frontside and backside carves. Also watching skating from the 70s helps.

devils acrobat

• Rep: 121
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2023, 12:20:21 PM »
Hey tom, sounds like you need to loosen up those hip joints. There are plenty of options but I like to do a yoga routine including pidgeon stretches the evening before a session. I guess 'routine' is the magic word here, once you start stretching regularly you will get results rather quickly. Hope you will find something that you like.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2023, 01:54:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve been practicing my way up to airs and the way I’ve wrapped my head around melon and Indy grabs is starting to grab during frontside and backside carves. Also watching skating from the 70s helps.

I’ve been watching a lot of transition skating and trying to emulate the technique. It helped with figuring out where you need to actually start fs/bs ollies. It also seems like a lot of people have their arms setup to grab the board before they get anywhere near the coping

Hey tom, sounds like you need to loosen up those hip joints. There are plenty of options but I like to do a yoga routine including pidgeon stretches the evening before a session. I guess 'routine' is the magic word here, once you start stretching regularly you will get results rather quickly. Hope you will find something that you like.
Thank you. I have a buddy who has been telling me for weeks that I need to workout on my hips more. I’ll add hip specific stretches into the mix as well

Open to more suggestions  8)
fuck you bama

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2023, 05:59:56 PM »

I know it is probably not quite so helpful but I had pretty much given up on getting decent grabs / airs long ago, but the one thing that gave me a little hope and was actually rad to see was some old video of some guys talking shit to each other, but the one that couldn't get the behind the knee grab did stiff leg / tail bone airs instead and could get nose or tail grab variations way better, which I liked and that gave me a little hope and fun for a few years doing more of those sort of things.

Also I think Grosso had said something about he couldn't do the best grabs (yeah right, they were still amazing) which is why he started doing those similar ones and roast beef grabs.  I should try to look up somewhere that any of those guys say those things, but Raney does rad frontside grabs, sort of straight leg and I know Cardiel used to do those pushed out straight back leg frontside grabs with his back hand closer to his front bolts without being crail looking.

Just a thought anyway, but worth trying a few out of stuff or somewhere you don't have to go big just to get the motion.  I would often try a lot of tail block variations, using both front or back hands at different times, sometimes not just straight up nose grab but a bit lower down and they can be quite fun, especially the frontside ones on mellow banks, which help get you grabbing the board without the struggle of getting airs or other things that could go wrong way more easily.

This is one I just looked up, mainly to find the sort of air I was thinking of and not done by a pro, but they are fun when I used to do them, though no where near as high or pushed out as this one:

https://www.confuzine.com/tag/thilo-nawrocki/

« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 06:25:51 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2023, 07:37:06 PM »
@Mbrimson88 i didn’t even think to try grabs on banks. I feel silly for not trying that sooner lol. I’m trying to learn liens and backside air nosegrabs(whatever it’s called) by grabbing pivots. Currently if I’m lucky I can ride away from lien airs that have just my finger tips touching the nose
fuck you bama

elegant_fox

« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2023, 12:41:41 PM »
Debating going strictly transition riding as my right/popping ankle health is deteriorating as I’m rounding 30.

Have y’all found transition riding to be less intensive on ankles?

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2023, 02:56:26 PM »
Debating going strictly transition riding as my right/popping ankle health is deteriorating as I’m rounding 30.

That depends. If ankles/knees bother you, I'd strongly suggest knee pads and learning how to knee slide. Run-outs go wrong (esp. on a non-level surface) can cause some major problems and/or exacerbate existing ankle/knee problems. This is not to say that you should knee slide out of every bail--you shouldn't, but it can be huge help with mitigating potential ankle/knee issues.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2023, 06:00:00 PM »

From busted ankles back in the late 80s and early 90s, to going to a naturopath many years ago and getting told I am not going to be able to walk when I am 50, they recommended tiger balm among other things and it really does help.

I am now 48 and although I still skate everything, I do so on a much more mellow scale than when younger, so yeah, smaller tech stuff and definitely more transition but I still like doing this and that when I feel like it and things work how they should.

Rest if injured, do things to help your body, not work against it and don't feel like you have to do anything if you are not up to it or whatever.

Some days are more just a cruise around, others better, but I learned not to try to hold on to what I had from back in the day and accept that things are going to get harder as I get older.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2023, 07:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Rest if injured, do things to help your body, not work against it and don't feel like you have to do anything if you are not up to it or whatever.

Some days are more just a cruise around, others better, but I learned not to try to hold on to what I had from back in the day and accept that things are going to get harder as I get older.

Sage words.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2023, 09:13:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That depends. If ankles/knees bother you, I'd strongly suggest knee pads and learning how to knee slide. Run-outs go wrong (esp. on a non-level surface) can cause some major problems and/or exacerbate existing ankle/knee problems. This is not to say that you should knee slide out of every bail--you shouldn't, but it can be huge help with mitigating potential ankle/knee issues.

Knee bails can be helpful when you are skating perfect surfaces and the right transition. Not so helpful on aged concrete or the wrong transition. Bailing to flat on your knees doesn't feel that great on the lower spine. If you do want to knee bail get proper knee pads. When I pad up, I use the 187s but next up I plan on getting the S1s. Duct tape your laces.

There are couple of other techniques aside from running out and knee bailing. The Bum bail (you'll use up a lot of trousers) and a couple of quick steps and then rolling. I tend to use this one on rougher concrete. Stay low and don't stick your limbs out. Use your lead shoulder and bicep to roll over.

Mostly it is about calculated risks. I don't actually agree that it is a given that things get harder as you get older b/c so much of skateboarding is mental. A calmer mind can aid your progression. Don't just assume getting older is a guaranteed decline in your skateboarding. It's not that simple and there will be many up and downs.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2023, 04:30:18 PM »
So, who's got the secret to inverts? There's a quote from Grosso in Loveletters, something like "one time you're gonna flip onto your head, and lightbulb will go off". I've gotten some dogshit ones, just below coping on a steeper 4' QP, but keep noticing problems that I'm having trouble correcting.

1. I always throw the rotation too far and go in fakie. Which is kinda cool, but not the trick I'm craving.

2. Getting hand on coping and extending to the stall. Obviously this is tougher on a smaller ramp w/o vert, but even getting planted on coping is tripping me up. I imagine getting a more solid plant and stall might help with over-rotating

3. In the same vein as the prior, the Goldilocks amount of speed. Too slow and you won't get there or extended out of the ramp, too fast and you just blow out. Finding the speed to flip yourself to that point is hit or miss for me.

4. Do I just need the confidence of having it on lock to commit to larger ramps?

Speaking about normal ass, slob grab handplant, but any tips on Andrechts would be cool too! Just haven't dabbled to much since trying the OG.

elegant_fox

« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2023, 06:18:26 AM »
So, who's got the secret to inverts? There's a quote from Grosso in Loveletters, something like "one time you're gonna flip onto your head, and lightbulb will go off". I've gotten some dogshit ones, just below coping on a steeper 4' QP, but keep noticing problems that I'm having trouble correcting.

1. I always throw the rotation too far and go in fakie. Which is kinda cool, but not the trick I'm craving.

2. Getting hand on coping and extending to the stall. Obviously this is tougher on a smaller ramp w/o vert, but even getting planted on coping is tripping me up. I imagine getting a more solid plant and stall might help with over-rotating

3. In the same vein as the prior, the Goldilocks amount of speed. Too slow and you won't get there or extended out of the ramp, too fast and you just blow out. Finding the speed to flip yourself to that point is hit or miss for me.

4. Do I just need the confidence of having it on lock to commit to larger ramps?

Speaking about normal ass, slob grab handplant, but any tips on Andrechts would be cool too! Just haven't dabbled to much since trying the OG.

I don’t have this truck in my bag, but from locals I’ve seen do it, place it on transition with at least 2ft of vert, in the 8-11ft high sections.

The trick tips on the RIDE channel aren’t super in depth, but they have some substance:

https://youtu.be/Zy_82StDPys

Also if you can skip past the YouTube-isms on this one, it at least demonstrates the progress and troubleshooting of inverts:

https://youtu.be/oqF1ChmmUks

Actually, I just found this from AJ Nelson and it’s pretty comprehensive:

https://youtu.be/CL7zEwcrsgU
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 06:39:03 AM by elegant_fox »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2023, 06:24:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Also if you're skating transition that's a little steeper or a little taller then bailing can still be kinda high impact. 4-5 feet doesn't seem THAT tall until you're trying a trick and keep bailing to flat because it's too steep to run/slide out of.

elegant_fox

« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2023, 06:46:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Also if you're skating transition that's a little steeper or a little taller then bailing can still be kinda high impact. 4-5 feet doesn't seem THAT tall until you're trying a trick and keep bailing to flat because it's too steep to run/slide out of.

Yeah, that’s a good point. My park has an 8/12/13 combi that definitely has potential to wreck your day.

I picked up some tiger balm like y’all recommended and it actually helped a lot. It also made me realize the pain was in my soleus muscle, so that means I could probably rehab this leg pretty well with some targeted stretches and strengthening.

I think the reason my right ankle rolls has to do with the calf and soleus muscles being out of wack.

bigmike

• Rep: 11
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2023, 06:18:37 AM »

Not the secret to real ones (proper vert ramp with a bonk, air/grab, then plant style), but I’ve pulled my fair share of muscled up ones on smaller ramps. Steep 4-6 foot is my jam for these.

1) In my experience, over-rotating is the easiest problem to have with these on small ramps. That’s because the trick changes when you don’t have a big vertical ramp to use to get upside down. You have to grab earlier on small ramps and muscle your way into position, so you need to compensate for that change on your way up. I’ve found a slight alleyoop angle on the way up helps. Then, on the re-entry, after you’ve hit your peak, keep your eyes up looking forward and make a conscious effort to keep your back foot underneath you, almost like you’re sitting your butt on your heel and making a very slight fs shifty. Invert reverts (a la DP or Ben Raybourn style with the hand hop) are actually a bit easier on small ramps because you don’t have to deal with all this counterbalancing and can just sort of throw your weight out like a bert slide.

2) Wait. I mean that very literally. Steep ramps are your friend here. If you can plant your hand just below the coping and get your butt above your head upside down, you’re most of the way there. Grab early, go fast, and pull hard. Try to wait till you’re almost upside down to plant your hand. Literally say “wait” or “hold it” in your head if you need to trick yourself. Helps to film it and watch yourself. For example, if you see you’re planting just below coping with a straight arm, then try waiting and planting with a slight bend at the elbow to get a few extra inches.

3) Practice flying out on to the deck with the same grab and plant hand, but with no expectation of going upside down. Then, go a bit faster than that for your actual invert. Bonus, if you get comfortable doing this sort of fly out and rolling back in to the quarter (with the grab and leading your plant hand in front of you on coping) it will be a big confidence boost for the re-entry on normal inverts. Great way to practice where to look and how to sit your weight.

4) I have them pretty well locked on small, steep ramps, but am terrified of them on proper vert. I’ve also known skaters who can do them all day on 13ft vert ramps but can’t fathom them on a 4ft quarter. Two different skill sets, honestly.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2023, 09:28:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not the secret to real ones (proper vert ramp with a bonk, air/grab, then plant style), but I’ve pulled my fair share of muscled up ones on smaller ramps. Steep 4-6 foot is my jam for these.

1) In my experience, over-rotating is the easiest problem to have with these on small ramps. That’s because the trick changes when you don’t have a big vertical ramp to use to get upside down. You have to grab earlier on small ramps and muscle your way into position, so you need to compensate for that change on your way up. I’ve found a slight alleyoop angle on the way up helps. Then, on the re-entry, after you’ve hit your peak, keep your eyes up looking forward and make a conscious effort to keep your back foot underneath you, almost like you’re sitting your butt on your heel and making a very slight fs shifty. Invert reverts (a la DP or Ben Raybourn style with the hand hop) are actually a bit easier on small ramps because you don’t have to deal with all this counterbalancing and can just sort of throw your weight out like a bert slide.

2) Wait. I mean that very literally. Steep ramps are your friend here. If you can plant your hand just below the coping and get your butt above your head upside down, you’re most of the way there. Grab early, go fast, and pull hard. Try to wait till you’re almost upside down to plant your hand. Literally say “wait” or “hold it” in your head if you need to trick yourself. Helps to film it and watch yourself. For example, if you see you’re planting just below coping with a straight arm, then try waiting and planting with a slight bend at the elbow to get a few extra inches.

3) Practice flying out on to the deck with the same grab and plant hand, but with no expectation of going upside down. Then, go a bit faster than that for your actual invert. Bonus, if you get comfortable doing this sort of fly out and rolling back in to the quarter (with the grab and leading your plant hand in front of you on coping) it will be a big confidence boost for the re-entry on normal inverts. Great way to practice where to look and how to sit your weight.

4) I have them pretty well locked on small, steep ramps, but am terrified of them on proper vert. I’ve also known skaters who can do them all day on 13ft vert ramps but can’t fathom them on a 4ft quarter. Two different skill sets, honestly.

Beautiful response friend! Lot of ideas to work with.

How much speed do you usually approach with, namely on a bigger QP? Fast enough to get past the top of course, but more or less than an aerial?

There's a ~6ft ramp at my local that flicks full to vert, but has no vert wall. She's a steep one, but my skate-sense tells me it would work perfect with the right tech and commitment.

bigmike

• Rep: 11
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2023, 01:15:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How much speed do you usually approach with, namely on a bigger QP? Fast enough to get past the top of course, but more or less than an aerial?

There's a ~6ft ramp at my local that flicks full to vert, but has no vert wall. She's a steep one, but my skate-sense tells me it would work perfect with the right tech and commitment.

Oh yeah, sounds like a perfect quarter for it! I’d say about the same amount of speed as a knee/thigh high bs air (scoop or early grab style, not Ollie). For me, they were super scary to learn and natural hesitancy usually keeps me from going too fast. I have made that mistake a few times since learning them, but it gets easier to feel out with time.

With the right amount of speed, you’ll be upside down with a straight arm, but you won’t feel like your plant hand is bearing too much weight. That’s when you know you’ve got the sweet spot.

Good luck! Definitely keep us posted on the progress

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2023, 10:08:25 AM »
I somehow lost fs blunts :(
Any angle going up feels wrong, I end up either fucking up the pop out completely or underrotating. It used to be easy and now I'm doing something extremely wrong and can't get the feel back.
Someone here got a good one and can help me out?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2023, 09:09:54 AM »
I somehow lost fs blunts :(
Any angle going up feels wrong, I end up either fucking up the pop out completely or underrotating. It used to be easy and now I'm doing something extremely wrong and can't get the feel back.
Someone here got a good one and can help me out?

Front blunts have been one of those tricks I was never keen to commit to, but here are a few things I worked out that make things happen more as they should.

I would never get down low enough to get the motion of a fakie frontside 180, but the lower body always turned before the upper body did.  Once I got the upper body to turn with some momentum, then things got around way more easily, landing more 180 rather than just 90 or 120 and carve or tic tac out.

I could do back side blunts every other go, which are way more a toe side trick, whereas front blunts are way more a heel side trick, in that I needed to get my body weight over my heel side a lot more to get the pop out more easily.  This is not sliding or anything fancy, just the straight up blunt, then pop in motion, but if my weight was nowhere near far enough over to the heel side / front side, I would either not land my back foot on or manual out which didn't end nicely.

If I landed standing too tall, I would often end up with wheelbite or slip out, so I had to get the whole trick, especially the landing being more crouched and keep more turning motion on the back foot rather than the front and it was easier to ride out that way too.  Landing too tall, or in a pivot motion meant I was more likely to come off.

Seeing some of the people do them with such explosive snap and pop with a full frontside 180 in the air and all in one kind of motion is amazing, but for everyone else, to get up on there and almost turn more than pop them in seems a lot more common, especially on things that are not so steep or tall.

I have some videos, but that is probably enough for now anyway.

Does it even make sense?  It is past 2 am here right now.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2023, 10:59:33 AM »
Any help with fs ollies?
Don’t really even skate transition too much anymore but they look so good and fun when done properly.

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2023, 11:50:18 AM »
Any help with fs ollies?
Don’t really even skate transition too much anymore but they look so good and fun when done properly.

Jump up and away from the ramp, not just up if that makes sense. Idk, that was how it was taught to me, I haven’t filmed a good one since I got them but I have them pretty decent now and that was the only thing that helped

EDIT: oh yeah, they’re really easy to “cheat” if you start carving into the Ollie before you pop it. It’s not an Ollie 180 as much as it is an Ollie while turning frontside. I normally wait to pop it until my front wheels are almost/have actually popped over the coping

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2023, 12:32:08 PM »
Any help with fs ollies?
I learned how to ollie over coping a few months ago out of nowhere. You can sort of just kickturn off the coping to catch air. Once you get that motion down you can figure out how to scoop them higher. Backside was sort of the same thing-just scoop the tail to catch air

Grabs are not really working for me still. I got pretty wrecked on a backside nosegrab air(whatever it’s called) and gave myself a hipper that I keep slamming on. I’m in my 30’s so I just ordered some hip pads today for ramp skating. I’m leaning closer and closer to fully padding up too
fuck you bama

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2023, 12:56:05 PM »
Any help with fs ollies?

I'm pretty mids at this trick, but sometimes can pull a good one off. For me, it seems to take a fair amount of focus to do it well.

Main thing that comes to mind is I stay pretty heavy in the backseat. Let the front get really lightfooted towards the top of the ramp and explode off the tail. Popping off and away from the ramp is also a helpful mindset. Luckily, if it feels wrong, its easy enough to kick out. Don't commit if it doesn't feel like its gonna stick.

Angling into the ollie is helpful to learn, but I can't make em look very good unless I come up pretty straight.

I think there's a certain confidence and "muscle" that makes the trick work. To get a good one I have to go fast, stay low, get aggressive with the pop, and stay cool in the air. I don't really think about landing too much, mostly just compress into the transition and keep it stable. Just know the trick is gonna work.

I would also FS ollie anything in my path when I was learning it (still do lol). Find out how they work and just keep pushing the speed and aggression.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2023, 11:04:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh yeah, sounds like a perfect quarter for it! I’d say about the same amount of speed as a knee/thigh high bs air (scoop or early grab style, not Ollie). For me, they were super scary to learn and natural hesitancy usually keeps me from going too fast. I have made that mistake a few times since learning them, but it gets easier to feel out with time.

With the right amount of speed, you’ll be upside down with a straight arm, but you won’t feel like your plant hand is bearing too much weight. That’s when you know you’ve got the sweet spot.

Good luck! Definitely keep us posted on the progress

Threw a handful of these out on the 4' go-to QP the last few sessions. Kinda pussyfooted trying to handplant that 6' but it still feels a ways out.

The concept of the extra lil "wait" was super helpful. I've gotten more acclimated to getting out of the ramp and stall a touch longer on the hand. Still working up to planting the coping, but the whole move is feeling more proper. I've noticed there's a certain "stomp" tech to land it - it doesn't seem like you just "fall" in but rather force the landing.

If I get to a point that it isn't embarrassing, maybe I'll take a clip so we can see what I'm working with

switchfakie

« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2023, 09:33:03 PM »
Any help with fs ollies?

the secret is that you come at it at a 45 degree angle so you only have to do a FS "90" as opposed to a 180

start learning them at the bottom of a ramp & progressively bring them higher and higher

then when its time to go above coping, just commit and keep those knees sucked in

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2023, 12:20:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Any help with fs ollies?
[close]

the secret is that you come at it at a 45 degree angle so you only have to do a FS "90" as opposed to a 180

start learning them at the bottom of a ramp & progressively bring them higher and higher

then when its time to go above coping, just commit and keep those knees sucked in

Yeah, I got one the other day. Just a little above the coping and landing way too down on the transition for my liking, but it's a start.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2023, 03:52:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any help with fs ollies?
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I got one the other day. Just a little above the coping and landing way too down on the transition for my liking, but it's a start.

That's a whole lot better than clipping the wheels on the way back in or actually hanging up, cause I have seen a few people do that a bit too often and it is better to land a bit too far out than not enough.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2023, 02:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any help with fs ollies?
[close]

[close]

[close]

That's a whole lot better than clipping the wheels on the way back in or actually hanging up, cause I have seen a few people do that a bit too often and it is better to land a bit too far out than not enough.

At first I thought it went basically straight to bottom, but it didn’t look too bad on video.
I wanna get a proper fs air next, but my local doesn’t really have transition. Only jersey barrier type or way too small.
Should maybe build one this summer.