Author Topic: No more Indy cross?  (Read 12586 times)

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
Re: No more Indy cross?
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2020, 02:53:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm old enough to remember when Indy's didn't have the fucking iron cross on the base plate.
[close]
So, like... 20-25?  ;)
Those stamped plates didn’t show up until the Stage 10s; is that correct?
I actually still own a couple/few pairs of various Stages. Blessed, I suppose.
[close]

i think the indys i had in 2006 or so didn't have a stamp, the next ones a few years later had one, then the next stage had a different stamp i think. i forgot what the last stamp was. it was just the cross and then the cross with a ring around or vice versa, i don't remember. i think stage 10 was the first iteration. stage 11 had a different stamp.

no idea what stage indy is at rn.

They started putting the iron cross on the baseplate slide area on stage 8, so 1998. Every stage since then has had them, but around 10 I believe they started putting that circle around the cross.

I've got some stage 7's, last stage to have no cross... and they look great. I don't get the fuss against removing the cross, it's just going back to how the baseplates looked for the first 20 years of Indy. More authentic, less conflicting, seems like a win-win.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2020, 03:55:22 AM »
^

ha, i stand corrected. probably didn't pay any attention to the baseplate when i had my first pair of indys. i lost that whole setup shortly after purchasing and got thunders on the next, so i never got confronted with the baseplate again until i got another set 2010.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2020, 05:39:13 AM »

saw an ad with Independent in a diamond shape

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2020, 06:30:37 AM »
They should put Daniel Kim’s face on the baseplate

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2020, 09:31:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm old enough to remember when Indy's didn't have the fucking iron cross on the base plate.
[close]
So, like... 20-25?  ;)
[close]

i think the indys i had in 2006 or so didn't have a stamp, the next ones a few years later had one, then the next stage had a different stamp i think. i forgot what the last stamp was. it was just the cross and then the cross with a ring around or vice versa, i don't remember. i think stage 10 was the first iteration. stage 11 had a different stamp.

[close]

They started putting the iron cross on the baseplate slide area on stage 8, so 1998. Every stage since then has had them, but around 10 I believe they started putting that circle around the cross.

I've got some stage 7's, last stage to have no cross... and they look great. I don't get the fuss against removing the cross, it's just going back to how the baseplates looked for the first 20 years of Indy. More authentic, less conflicting, seems like a win-win.

Depending on if the logo was casted in versus stamped in, the new trucks without the logo may now be slightly heavier by the microgram. Depending on the number of micrograms in terms of this weight difference, it might matter to Bobby Puleo.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2020, 10:29:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
So, like... 20-25?  ;)
[close]

[close]

[close]

Depending on if the logo was casted in versus stamped in, the new trucks without the logo may now be slightly heavier by the microgram. Depending on the number of micrograms in terms of this weight difference, it might matter to Bobby Puleo.

Haha, like if it was 33 micrograms or 47 micrograms? Really, it's likely 88 micrograms for the pair.

Nazi's fuckin love numerology almost as much as Bobby!
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2020, 10:33:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
So, like... 20-25?  ;)
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haha, like if it was 33 micrograms or 47 micrograms? Really, it's likely 88 micrograms for the pair.

Nazi's fuckin love numerology almost as much as Bobby!

Pretty sure Judaism is into it too, so I wouldn’t draw too many inferences

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2020, 10:44:14 PM »
8.8 metrograms. indy introduced cross on the baseplate on stage 8. saves indy $0.0033 to take it off. bobby puleo rides ventures, 5.2 lows right? add that up. venture trunks shot indy on the grassy knoll with Jason jesses gun.

#33 #88 #1010

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2020, 11:54:23 AM »
So Rhino's racist? weird.
ok thanks

consumer

• Rep: 9
  • they/them
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2020, 12:48:56 PM »
i think its cool and shows that at least some companies do listen and give a shit, and in skating thats even cooler.

indys have been highly regarded and to me this just shows another aspect of trying to make a quality product for everyone instead of holding some idealistic bullshit that it was founded upon.

still riding ventures though.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:16 PM »
Next they can focus on making trucks as good as Aces.
ok thanks

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2020, 01:36:35 PM »
But its not an iron cross........

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
Can mods please merge all the "indy racist!?!?" threads into one?

Yes all 5,863 of them. Thanks.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2020, 02:13:44 PM »

Post an ad fuccboi
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2020, 06:40:37 PM »
My Indy crosses got scraped off in the first week.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2020, 02:14:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Post an ad fuccboi

the milton hillbomb poster in the new thrasher, diamond indy logo

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2020, 05:55:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Exactly. Fake badass vibe since day one. I've ridden them for years, but would definitely never have ever worn a t shirt or hat with those tuff guy logos.

Expand Quote
the logo has always been on some West Coast Choppers cringe Cali badass bullshit.

the imagery has a popular correlation to white supremacy and nazi crap

why wouldn't you drop the cross?
[close]
[close]

Agreed. With all this. I don’t think Indy is a secret Nazi brand or that there logo was anything other than a homage to 60s and 70s “outlaw” biker culture, but that’s enough reason to change it - because it’s fucking 2020 and that shit is played out and tacky, not to mention ugly

The smart thing to do is to just slip the logo deep into the background of your brand, and then bust it out every few years for a special release of 215s or XXL t-shirts for the Bowl Barneys who are going to be offended by the switch

winner winner.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »
It's never going to disappear  :'(

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2020, 01:11:06 PM »
New ad features the new logo, it is indeed the Diamond logo. Cross is done as of summer (its on some summer shirts they've pre booked already).