Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58528 times)

PeanutGallery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »
Got my second Pfizer shot Wednesday. I was fine for the rest of day. The night it got bad. My body started to ache as if I had a heavy session earlier that day, and the adrenaline was wearing off. Then I had a headache. I could not sleep. The next morning the headache was worse. I was extremely fatigued and still sore, on top of just feeling like I had a common cold. I called out of work. By that evening I was fine again.

My first shot had no major effects. But that second one was rough. Today I'm fine. Make sure you schedule accordingly dudes. I'd recommend not having anything too important scheduled the day after.

Whats your health history like? Are you active, any prior health issues, things like that? I read about 2nd shot side effects all the time and wonder if personal facts like lifestyle choices, health issues have anything to do with how the side effects, affect

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2021, 11:42:37 AM »
My old man got his second shot on Wednesday, feeling so so relieved! Mom's due for her second shot on the 23rd .... it's just been hard getting them scheduled even though they've been in the highest risk categories all along. So so fucking happy they're almost all done! Pops (Pfizer recipient) only had a mild reaction to the 2nd shot, on the day after receiving it. But like the trooper he is, he still managed to take his daily walk and teach his class (he's an adjunct prof) that evening .... so fucking cool :)

2nd shot safety is a fabulous recommendation, in terms of scheduling the next day off if you are able to! I'm hoping I can do the same, but I will be starting a new job soon ... so fingers crossed! Either way, we're all here to hear you out and let you know the symptoms are normal & you'll feel a-okay very soon! All the best my friends, we're almost there!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2021, 12:43:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Got my second Pfizer shot Wednesday. I was fine for the rest of day. The night it got bad. My body started to ache as if I had a heavy session earlier that day, and the adrenaline was wearing off. Then I had a headache. I could not sleep. The next morning the headache was worse. I was extremely fatigued and still sore, on top of just feeling like I had a common cold. I called out of work. By that evening I was fine again.

My first shot had no major effects. But that second one was rough. Today I'm fine. Make sure you schedule accordingly dudes. I'd recommend not having anything too important scheduled the day after.
[close]

Whats your health history like? Are you active, any prior health issues, things like that? I read about 2nd shot side effects all the time and wonder if personal facts like lifestyle choices, health issues have anything to do with how the side effects, affect

I skate 3 or 4 times a week. maybe 15ish lbs overweight. I'm not fit, but I don't have any major health issues.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #303 on: April 12, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »
I got the second Pfizer dose an hour ago; feeling fine so far. Same with my gf.
I wouldn't mind feeling kinda shitty so I can avoid work tomorrow lol.

Hyped on being fully vaccinated though. It won't really change anything with the precautions I take, but I can at least see my fam a bit more often (they're all vaccinated already).

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2021, 11:53:11 AM »
I got the second Pfizer dose an hour ago; feeling fine so far. Same with my gf.
I wouldn't mind feeling kinda shitty so I can avoid work tomorrow lol.

Hyped on being fully vaccinated though. It won't really change anything with the precautions I take, but I can at least see my fam a bit more often (they're all vaccinated already).

yeeeeeah kid! I'm fully vaxxed with Pfizer as of last Thursday. good for you man!
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2021, 01:00:50 PM »
I'm one dose in on Pfizer, with dose two on Wednesday.

I'm 48.  First dose had just a sore arm for a day. Fingers crossed for no big side effects on round 2.

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2021, 06:33:01 PM »
I got the first Moderna shot the other day, and didn't feel out of the ordinary. Maybe a slight fever in the night. Headache, muscle aches, etc. but I basically feel that way 90% of the time, so nothing out of the ordinary. So happy to get it, I swear I almost teared up when I got called up last minute by the state with an empty slot.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2021, 06:55:45 PM »
got JJ a couple days ago. headachey on the day after but nothing a tylenol couldn't remedy.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2021, 03:52:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Generally the better your immune system the more severe the side effects are likely to be so if you're worried about them I'd stop exercising, stay out of the sun and eat nothing but Mcdonalds asap
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

culdesac

• Rep: -9
« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2021, 08:50:58 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/us-pause-j-and-j-vaccine-blood-clot-reports-2dde2aacf486bab59844ef907a28cbce

“The U.S. is recommending a “pause” in using the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate reports of potentially dangerous blood clots.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday they were investigating unusual clots that occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination. The clots occurred in veins that drain blood from the brain and occurred together with low platelets. All six cases were in women between the ages of 18 and 48; there was one death and all remained under investigation.”

This appears to be similar to a response people had to Pfizer and Moderna as well:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/health/immune-thrombocytopenia-covid-vaccine-blood.html

“One day after receiving her first dose of Moderna’s Covid vaccine, Luz Legaspi, 72, woke up with bruises on her arms and legs, and blisters that bled inside her mouth.

She was hospitalized in New York City that day, Jan. 19, with a severe case of immune thrombocytopenia — a lack of platelets, a blood component essential for clotting.

The same condition led to the death in January of Dr. Gregory Michael, 56, an obstetrician in Miami Beach whose symptoms appeared three days after he received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. Treatments failed to restore his platelets, and after two weeks in the hospital he died from a brain hemorrhage.”
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:45:52 AM by culdesac »

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2021, 11:16:53 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/us-pause-j-and-j-vaccine-blood-clot-reports-2dde2aacf486bab59844ef907a28cbce

“The U.S. is recommending a “pause” in using the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate reports of potentially dangerous blood clots.

Approximate chance of a blood clot with J&J Vaccine : 1 in 1,000,000 (6 cases in 6.5M)

Approximate chance of a blood clot for smokers : 1,763 in 1,000,000. 

Approximate chance of a blood clot if you get Covid : 165,000 in 1,000,000.   165 thousand times that of getting the J&J vaccine.

Get the vaccine.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2021, 11:36:58 AM »
Got my second Pfizer dose on Saturday. 15 minutes after the shot, got a very minor headache and felt slightly nauseous. Other than that, felt completely fine through the next few days. Was able to go on a job etc. and didn't feel a thing.

Day 4, I now have grown scales and am telepathically communicating with my (our) reptilian overlordz.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2021, 11:57:10 AM »
Got J&J about 10 days ago, no side effects.

Get hungry on it!

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #313 on: April 13, 2021, 04:05:33 PM »
Just received the second dose of Pfizer today! It's been a few hours by now and I'm feeling fine so far, just a slight arm soreness but way less compared to last time.

My bday is this weekend, so if I end up feeling sick hopefully I can recover before then because I'd like to get a skate sesh in but if not I'm just relieved to finally be fully vaccinated.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1408
« Reply #314 on: April 13, 2021, 04:07:57 PM »
Just received the second dose of Pfizer today! It's been a few hours by now and I'm feeling fine so far, just a slight arm soreness but way less compared to last time.

My bday is this weekend, so if I end up feeling sick hopefully I can recover before then because I'd like to get a skate sesh in but if not I'm just relieved to finally be fully vaccinated.

Same boat, got my second dose today. Congrats on immunization

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #315 on: April 13, 2021, 06:04:34 PM »
Where I live they’re opening up vaccinations to younger people, but only in specific area codes...I live 10 feet to far north outside of that zone to get one. Also moving in about a month to a city with less cases, so it’ll probably be even longer until I’m able to get one.

On the plus side a few members of my family have been able to get their first shots.

culdesac

« Reply #316 on: April 13, 2021, 11:58:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Approximate chance of a blood clot with J&J Vaccine : 1 in 1,000,000 (6 cases in 6.5M)

Approximate chance of a blood clot for smokers : 1,763 in 1,000,000. 

Approximate chance of a blood clot if you get Covid : 165,000 in 1,000,000.   165 thousand times that of getting the J&J vaccine.

Get the vaccine.

Yes. 1 in a million seems like a very small number to pause J and J when they’ve only delivered 6.9 million doses of a 100 million dose contract for America.

I am a little worried though because there have now been reports of this blood platelet issue from every vaccine. Maybe Europe is being overly cautious, but Germany, Italy, Sweden, Latvia, Spain, and Ireland all paused the AstraZeneca vaccine as well.

And all this comes after last week’s fuckup at the Baltimore plant where J and J ruined 15 million doses.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/04/10/us-states-face-steep-decline-in-jj-vaccine-next-week-as-feds-work-to-approve-baltimore-plant.html

“Workers at the Baltimore plant several weeks ago mixed up ingredients for the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines, which led to roughly 15 million ruined J&J doses.”

Wish the US could get their act together!

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #317 on: April 14, 2021, 12:45:15 AM »
Hamburg just opened apointments for my profession (social worker in a homeless shelter) - got lucky and will get my first shot of Biontech tomorrow. my clients will get j&j at some point, cause of the single dose. hope it will not be cancelled, because that will make health care for this special group much easier.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #318 on: April 14, 2021, 04:56:30 AM »
dose 1 of AZ today - so far so good

culdesac

« Reply #319 on: April 14, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/4/14/denmark-ditches-astrazenecas-covid-19-shot-over-blood-clot-risks

Denmark has become the first country to halt all use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine after recent reports of rare but serious side effects among a small minority of recipients of the shot.

the Danish Health Authority said in a statement on Wednesday that the results of its own investigations showed there was a “real risk of severe side effects associated with using the COVID-19 vaccine from AstraZeneca”.

The agency’s head, Soren Brostrom, said the probe indicated one in 40,000 recipients of the shot would develop serious side effects.

DiscordanceAxis

• Rep: -23
« Reply #320 on: April 15, 2021, 11:50:36 AM »
what a nightmare world. hey guys, we need to be forcefully vaccinated with papers to prove it to grab groceries, anyone who doesn't agree be sure to treat them like a second class citizen. mask up, stay safe, stay sterile.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2021, 06:53:08 AM »
Got my second dose of the Pfizer yesterday. Got a bit of a head ache last night into today and over all just feel kind of tired. Hoping this is all of it but at least i'm done with it now.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2021, 08:44:24 AM »
I got my second dose yesterday of pfizer. Took a nap right after and woke up just a little sore but not much else to report on the after effects.

Of course, I'm still masking up but now I don't feel like I'm frivolously jeopardizing my family by going out to the skatepark.

Cheers to brighter futures for us all.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2021, 08:55:49 AM »
Fuck yes Cheers my friends! My turn for shot 2 tomorrow, both the hubby & I! PHEW! As well as my Mom, then both her and pops will be fully vaxxed - which is a huge relief cause they're both in their 60s & have conditions. All the best my friends, we're making it through this shit no doubt!

DiscordanceAxis

• Rep: -23
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2021, 09:36:09 AM »
you dumb asses know masks do close to nothing to prevent corunka, right? you're getting vaxxed and still have to "mask up" indefinitely until center for disease promotion and world hoax organization tell you that you can stop. yet i bet you all think religion is silly. total hopeless npc's lol.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #325 on: April 21, 2021, 11:00:56 AM »
you dumb asses know masks do close to nothing to prevent corunka, right? you're getting vaxxed and still have to "mask up" indefinitely until center for disease promotion and world hoax organization tell you that you can stop. yet i bet you all think religion is silly. total hopeless npc's lol.
You must really hate yourself to have this much negativity in your life. Unless you’re trolling. If so get fucked.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #326 on: April 21, 2021, 11:24:17 AM »
Getting my second pfizer dose the 30th. GF is already vaccinated and all my close friends are on their way also. Can't wait to be through this

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #327 on: April 21, 2021, 05:52:01 PM »
2 weeks post J&J. Fully vaxed.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2021, 06:35:50 PM »
Got my second Pfizer dose on Saturday. 15 minutes after the shot, got a very minor headache and felt slightly nauseous. Other than that, felt completely fine through the next few days. Was able to go on a job etc. and didn't feel a thing.

Day 4, I now have grown scales and am telepathically communicating with my (our) reptilian overlordz.

Dude, I swear that's pretty much what I spout to people when it comes to Covid (in jest of course)...and global warmingwe're being terraformed ...Covid Vaccine? We're now edible/ready for [full] mind control.

Got my Pfirst Pfizer shot last week, second shot is May 8th (long stretch).

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »
got my second moderna dose yesterday. started feeling chills, fatigue, muscle-ache, and other fever-like symptoms a few hours later, must be all the microchips. symptoms were pretty bad this morning and kinda felt them throughout the day, but i definitely feel better now