Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58524 times)

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2021, 12:40:25 PM »
My 12 year old son is stoked they finally approved his age group to be vaccinated. Wife was able to get him an appointment for next week already.

Stay safe and be careful of breakthrough infections pals.

I was so pissed last time I was reading this thread, mostly because of this kook bullshit (who is now citing the NY Post....no agenda there) that I just came back to it. I was gonna apologize for being crass before, but fuck that. Get vaccinated or get fucked, kook.

Also my 12 year old too is stoked! He wants to be able to visit his great-grandma who we just moved into assisted living and cant until he's vaxed.
ok thanks

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -769
« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2021, 12:45:11 PM »
Got my first Pfizer in Ireland on Monday. Sore arm the next day that's it. So happy.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

coneklr

« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2021, 12:55:36 PM »

I was so pissed last time I was reading this thread, mostly because of this kook bullshit (who is now citing the NY Post....no agenda there) that I just came back to it. I was gonna apologize for being crass before, but fuck that. Get vaccinated or get fucked, kook.

Also my 12 year old too is stoked! He wants to be able to visit his great-grandma who we just moved into assisted living and cant until he's vaxed.

Jesus are you stupid too.  What is my agenda?  To provide alternative FACTS.  Fuck you found me out!  I've posted links from all valid sources (minus that NY Post one which was a joke about how lazy that guy was in his response to me as it was the first link that came up when searched, but that obviously went over your head) and all have been non-biased.  Have you read any of them at all?  As I have said all along if you want to get it go right ahead, I think you should if it makes you feel safer, I've only presented things people may not have been aware of as to reasons why you may not want to.  As in women having crazy issues in large numbers most recently.  Also, children have almost no chance of getting it, so risking their health is crazy while it's still in the trial phase.  What the fuck!  I pray you don't end up back in this thread saying you wish you'd have looked into it more.  But you do you buddy, guess I'll go get fucked haha.  Fucking ignorant

coneklr

« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2021, 01:05:00 PM »
And if ANYONE has links that prove mine wrong I want to see them.  I want to know if I am wrong on anything so I can learn and grow and not spout off things that are incorrect.  So far no one has, I've only received feelings based shit, which does no one any good, including the people who respond negatively although most of them don't seem like they care to learn or what is factual anyway.

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #424 on: May 12, 2021, 01:38:49 PM »
I got my 1st dose of Astrazeneca / Oxford a week ago.

I made the mistake of skating and working at 100% the day I got it, and for a few days after.

Shit was no joke, lots of muscle and joint pain.  Thankfully no fever or other issues, but I had some serious fatigue and brain fog for about 5-6 days. 

Arm was also super swollen, but I had also just slammed on a back-3 so who knows...

The first dose is the strongest, so hopefully the second will be chill if I take it easier.

Shalom.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #425 on: May 12, 2021, 01:47:48 PM »
This Friday is my 2 weeks after the last dose... full vaxhole incoming. I got Pfizer and the 2nd jawn kicked my ass for the whole next day...fever and a super doap headache. Then I past out for like 5 hours. My girl was straight tho but she got owned by the 1st dose. Idk I was fucking juiced to get that shot and am stick happy as fuck my squad is all vaxxed out.
Whoa. Danger.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1425
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #426 on: May 12, 2021, 01:56:47 PM »
And if ANYONE has links that prove mine wrong I want to see them.  I want to know if I am wrong on anything so I can learn and grow and not spout off things that are incorrect.  So far no one has, I've only received feelings based shit, which does no one any good, including the people who respond negatively although most of them don't seem like they care to learn or what is factual anyway.

yo dude. although it's not regarding the vaccine(s) per say, the biggest holes I'm seeing in these anti-vaccine arguments are that they presuppose that there isn't a ton of other things proven to dangerous ingested into the blood stream/human body microbiome on a regular basis. This isn't necessarily saying "you" as in "coneklr" but it's like, do you eat only fully organic, non-factory processed, close to local food, or are you eating processed, sugar, fat, salt, preservative added food stuffs that are scientifically and unequivocally proven to manipulate the brain and negatively alter the human microbiome, healing abilities, fertility, and psychology? Are you breathing in air on the street or do you live on a mountain top with close to pristine air? Do you carry a cell phone, a little radiation device, around with you? Are y'all interested or knowledgable of industrial-natural resource management (mining, logging, fossil fuel extraction, fishing) and the introduction of excess carbon into the atmosphere? How about driving gas powered cars that release legit, proven poison into the air that we all need to survive?

What I'm saying is, is that this vaccine campaign seems to small potatoes considering the large scale destruction of the living environment, atmosphere, and human body/mind through mindless consumption that's pushed by billions of dollars in advertisements. If folks put their time and energy into something like what I noted above, humanity might survive a bit longer in a more harmonious way.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #427 on: May 12, 2021, 02:06:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jesus are you stupid too.  What is my agenda?  To provide alternative FACTS.  Fuck you found me out!  I've posted links from all valid sources (minus that NY Post one which was a joke about how lazy that guy was in his response to me as it was the first link that came up when searched, but that obviously went over your head) and all have been non-biased.  Have you read any of them at all?  As I have said all along if you want to get it go right ahead, I think you should if it makes you feel safer, I've only presented things people may not have been aware of as to reasons why you may not want to.  As in women having crazy issues in large numbers most recently.  Also, children have almost no chance of getting it, so risking their health is crazy while it's still in the trial phase.  What the fuck!  I pray you don't end up back in this thread saying you wish you'd have looked into it more.  But you do you buddy, guess I'll go get fucked haha.  Fucking ignorant

Im going to take you straight to fucking task, you absolute fucking goofball.

You CONVENIENTLY CHERRY PICK information that CONFIRMS YOUR PRIORS without JUXTAPOSING IT against the MASSIVE body of EVIDENCE that runs counter to YOUR PRIORS.

Its as transparent as the day is long. Youre a fucking dipshit.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #428 on: May 12, 2021, 02:08:58 PM »

Youre insanely stupid. 35% of this country is now vaccinated. I am pretty sure that's a sample size that holds IV (that's internal validity, because I am confident you either never took or conveniently failed stats) concerns true to course and wow, sure seems like the massive, overwhelming preponderance of people are doing fine. Just admit you have priors and a fucking agenda.
ok thanks

coneklr

« Reply #429 on: May 12, 2021, 02:11:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yo dude. although it's not regarding the vaccine(s) per say, the biggest holes I'm seeing in these anti-vaccine arguments are that they presuppose that there isn't a ton of other things proven to dangerous ingested into the blood stream/human body microbiome on a regular basis. This isn't necessarily saying "you" as in "coneklr" but it's like, do you eat only fully organic, non-factory processed, close to local food, or are you eating processed, sugar, fat, salt, preservative added food stuffs that are scientifically and unequivocally proven to manipulate the brain and negatively alter the human microbiome, healing abilities, fertility, and psychology? Are you breathing in air on the street or do you live on a mountain top with close to pristine air? Do you carry a cell phone, a little radiation device, around with you? Are y'all interested or knowledgable of industrial-natural resource management (mining, logging, fossil fuel extraction, fishing) and the introduction of excess carbon into the atmosphere? How about driving gas powered cars that release legit, proven poison into the air that we all need to survive?

What I'm saying is, is that this vaccine campaign seems to small potatoes considering the large scale destruction of the living environment, atmosphere, and human body/mind through mindless consumption that's pushed by billions of dollars in advertisements. If folks put their time and energy into something like what I noted above, humanity might survive a bit longer in a more harmonious way.

I appreciate this response.  But I think in all of this I'm only speaking to the vaccine as that is what this thread is about and I'm not here to derail, nor am I here to even be anti-vax.  I'm more here to say do your research and make the best decision for you and your loved ones and here are some facts you that aren't necessarily made easily available.  But I am 100% against the bullshit of someone forcing anyone to put something in their body that could negatively affect them, that absolutely no one is responsible for.

But yeah the world as a whole is pretty fucked and I do my part (eating super healthy and unprocessed as much as possible and downsizing and getting rid of as much as we could) to make it better and have recently started trying to do even more.

But my biggest problem is anyone telling someone they have to do something they don't want to with their body, especially something that is in trial phase with no liability.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #430 on: May 12, 2021, 02:19:07 PM »
My 12 year old son is stoked they finally approved his age group to be vaccinated. Wife was able to get him an appointment for next week already.

Stay safe and be careful of breakthrough infections pals.

Nice one. I'm glad that they're starting to include kids in the rollout. It's super important to have as many people vaccinated as possible.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

coneklr

« Reply #431 on: May 12, 2021, 02:23:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Youre insanely stupid. 35% of this country is now vaccinated. I am pretty sure that's a sample size that holds IV (that's internal validity, because I am confident you either never took or conveniently failed stats) concerns true to course and wow, sure seems like the massive, overwhelming preponderance of people are doing fine. Just admit you have priors and a fucking agenda.

Just admit you don't fucking research anything.  And what is my agenda?  I told everyone to get it if you want, here is some information you may not have had.  When are you going to post some links for your facts/stats?  Don't bother writing me again unless you have something worthwhile to add to the conversation.  Your fucking feelings don't count as I don't give a fuck about them.  Give me some facts.

Let me leave you with another link too (which they say very few actually report to so the numbers may be way higher but this is what has been reported in the few months since the vaccine has been available)
https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data

And again, I pray nothing happens to your son and that your wife is doing better now. 

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #432 on: May 12, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
There is an ignore button. You’re not going to convince anti vaxxers if anything except how smart they are because they roped you into some stupid conversation

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2021, 02:42:46 PM »
Just admit you don't fucking research anything.  And what is my agenda?  I told everyone to get it if you want, here is some information you may not have had.  When are you going to post some links for your facts/stats?  Don't bother writing me again unless you have something worthwhile to add to the conversation.  Your fucking feelings don't count as I don't give a fuck about them.  Give me some facts.

Let me leave you with another link too (which they say very few actually report to so the numbers may be way higher but this is what has been reported in the few months since the vaccine has been available)

And again, I pray nothing happens to your son and that your wife is doing better now.

So I clicked your link and read this:

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem, but is especially useful for detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse event reporting that might indicate a possible safety problem with a vaccine. This way, VAERS can provide CDC and FDA with valuable information that additional work and evaluation is necessary to further assess a possible safety concern.

I mean, I know what you're getting at, but you've got to expect that a lot of people are going to report that they got a shot within the past however many days when they have a serious health problem, which is very likely a coincidence in the overwhelming majority of cases where serious illness or death occurs.   You're linking to raw data where the only variable is self-reported "I got the COVID shot recently".  You really can't draw a lot of conclusions from it, good or ill.  You could replace vaccination with coffee consumption and it would tell you exactly as much about the safety of drinking coffee as it does about the safety of the vaccine.  In other words: fuck all, at least not without doing a whole lot of other work to isolate variables and determine causality first.

In conclusion, fuck this thread, almost everyone in here is acting like a spaz.

coneklr

« Reply #434 on: May 12, 2021, 02:46:19 PM »
There is an ignore button. You’re not going to convince anti vaxxers if anything except how smart they are because they roped you into some stupid conversation

Hahaha, this is fucking hilarious as both sides are doing the same fucking thing except one is providing links.

coneklr

« Reply #435 on: May 12, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So I clicked your link and read this:

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem, but is especially useful for detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse event reporting that might indicate a possible safety problem with a vaccine. This way, VAERS can provide CDC and FDA with valuable information that additional work and evaluation is necessary to further assess a possible safety concern.

I mean, I know what you're getting at, but you've got to expect that a lot of people are going to report that they got a shot within the past however many days when they have a serious health problem, which is very likely a coincidence in the overwhelming majority of cases where serious illness or death occurs.   You're linking to raw data where the only variable is self-reported "I got the COVID shot recently".  You really can't draw a lot of conclusions from it, good or ill.  You could replace vaccination with coffee consumption and it would tell you exactly as much about the safety of drinking coffee as it does about the safety of the vaccine.  In other words: fuck all, at least not without doing a whole lot of other work to isolate variables and determine causality first.

In conclusion, fuck this thread, almost everyone in here is acting like a spaz.

I appreciate that skepticism.  That's the whole point.  Look into shit and make the choice you think is best for you.  And I agree with your last line.  I think I'll bow out and let everyone continue the circle jerk uninterrupted.  I'm routing for bigdave  :-*

For those of you who wrote me thanking me, feel free to keep contact.  For everyone else, I hope you stay healthy and safe.

Fhk

« Reply #436 on: May 12, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »
The fact that this thread is causing frustration, judgment, and hate is a glimpse of the current state of humanity. I wonder if that's what the OP was trying to establish? It's like they saw this coming ;)

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #437 on: May 12, 2021, 06:00:23 PM »
Sorry to get away from all the noise, but has anyone used Lyft or uber for vaccine appointment? My second appointment is coming up on the 18th and my truck went out of commission in between the two. I don't want to fuck the answer form up on the apps and then get annexed from the free ride option.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #438 on: May 12, 2021, 07:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Eggie Vedder

I really appreciate this reply.  It was well written and respectful.  Thank you.

No need for back and forth but fwiw, I wasn't talking about the "conspiracy" of the vaccine sterilizing people.  I'm talking about the large group of women who got the shot and then have had significantly irregular periods (including some that had already went through menopause) and the dozens of women who have reported a miscarriage or still birth shortly after getting the shot and reported to VAERS.

So far the only message out I know of about it from Dr's is something like We don't have enough information on this yet, but it shouldn't make people hesitant from getting the vaccine.  Seriously?!?!  If I was a pregnant woman or wanted to be, I would 100% not take this right now until more info came out.  I will concede a few could be natural causes, but a large group not long after getting the shot definitely seems a little more than a coincidence.

And while I don't necessarily agree with businesses being able to deny people business based off of vaccination or not because I feel it's a slippery slope (it could open doors for discrimination for other reasons primarily).  I definitely think that if that is the law, then the people who decide not to get it need to accept that there are things they may miss out on.  All decisions have consequences.  If they aren't happy about that they may have to create their own versions of those things.
[close]
Nah, fuck you.
[close]

Fuck off cuck.  I've provided all factual links.  I'm sorry that hurts your feelings and goes against what you believe.  Here's another link for you (I would have supplied a link to the cdc page, but you have to go through the info and decipher for yourself and you definitely don't seem like the type that would do that so I'll give you a link that seems fitting)

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/cdc-exaggerates-outdoor-transmission-rate-covid-19-experts/

As I've said before, I'm open to reading factual studies to the opposite that would persuade me otherwise.  Feel free to post and I'll do my part and read and research.  But fear mongering and just being an asshole isn't it.  Don't bother replying if you don't have links for me to look at.

Again, I hope the shit does not fuck you up and you are all safe and healthy.
Nah, fuck you and your dirty ass family.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #439 on: May 12, 2021, 08:35:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I appreciate this response.  But I think in all of this I'm only speaking to the vaccine as that is what this thread is about and I'm not here to derail, nor am I here to even be anti-vax.  I'm more here to say do your research and make the best decision for you and your loved ones and here are some facts you that aren't necessarily made easily available.  But I am 100% against the bullshit of someone forcing anyone to put something in their body that could negatively affect them, that absolutely no one is responsible for.

But yeah the world as a whole is pretty fucked and I do my part (eating super healthy and unprocessed as much as possible and downsizing and getting rid of as much as we could) to make it better and have recently started trying to do even more.

But my biggest problem is anyone telling someone they have to do something they don't want to with their body, especially something that is in trial phase with no liability.

Again, I'm not directing to this you, coneklr, but rather the greater majority of folks/groups arguing against vaccination under the guise of anything, but especially it not being researched enough and being pro-human body rights- those with great power and influence behind these campaigns to halt vaccination,  presenting ideas that non-vaxxed will catch vaxx germs from the vaxxed, that it's a giant conspiracy to neuter the herd, and who all of a sudden have concern for womens bodily autonomy, are often the first in line to fight against the right to choose abortion. They're often on the front lines of fighting, literally inciting violence against brown bodies attempting to cross borders so that their minds/bodies/progeny can exist in their bodies in peace. They're often the ones fighting against how people find sexual and any sort of pleasure in and with their bodies. You catch what I'm saying? Why I find it hard to believe that, and again this isn't directed to you, but rather the groups with the loudest, most powerful, influential and prominent voices, actually care about bodily autonomy?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #440 on: May 12, 2021, 09:18:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Eggie Vedder

I really appreciate this reply.  It was well written and respectful.  Thank you.

No need for back and forth but fwiw, I wasn't talking about the "conspiracy" of the vaccine sterilizing people.  I'm talking about the large group of women who got the shot and then have had significantly irregular periods (including some that had already went through menopause) and the dozens of women who have reported a miscarriage or still birth shortly after getting the shot and reported to VAERS.

So far the only message out I know of about it from Dr's is something like We don't have enough information on this yet, but it shouldn't make people hesitant from getting the vaccine.  Seriously?!?!  If I was a pregnant woman or wanted to be, I would 100% not take this right now until more info came out.  I will concede a few could be natural causes, but a large group not long after getting the shot definitely seems a little more than a coincidence.

And while I don't necessarily agree with businesses being able to deny people business based off of vaccination or not because I feel it's a slippery slope (it could open doors for discrimination for other reasons primarily).  I definitely think that if that is the law, then the people who decide not to get it need to accept that there are things they may miss out on.  All decisions have consequences.  If they aren't happy about that they may have to create their own versions of those things.
[close]
Nah, fuck you.
[close]

Fuck off cuck.  I've provided all factual links.  I'm sorry that hurts your feelings and goes against what you believe.  Here's another link for you (I would have supplied a link to the cdc page, but you have to go through the info and decipher for yourself and you definitely don't seem like the type that would do that so I'll give you a link that seems fitting)

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/cdc-exaggerates-outdoor-transmission-rate-covid-19-experts/

As I've said before, I'm open to reading factual studies to the opposite that would persuade me otherwise.  Feel free to post and I'll do my part and read and research.  But fear mongering and just being an asshole isn't it.  Don't bother replying if you don't have links for me to look at.

[close]
I'm listening to this in the voice of Bunk Moreland. I can hear it in his voice.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #441 on: May 13, 2021, 03:16:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@Eggie Vedder

[close]
Nah, fuck you.
[close]

[close]
[close]
I'm listening to this in the voice of Bunk Moreland. I can hear it in his voice.
Season 5, pissed at McNulty's fake serial killer. I hear it.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #442 on: May 13, 2021, 05:06:01 AM »
this might be slightly anecdotal, but.
My cousin's  11-12 year old son caught covid from a friend (zero to light symptoms), gave it to his sister  who is 16 (moderate symptoms), his mother in her early 40s (moderate symptoms) and his dad in his late 40s, who has been in bed for 6-7 days. They also gave it to their 70 year old grandmother (the mothers mother) who is currently on a ventilator and I wouldn't bet money on her living.
so a, kids can get it, maybe they are less likely to get symptoms, or die but they spread it.
I am not afraid of covid, I am afraid of being part of the spread  or hurting somebody I love or care for.
 the possibility of having long term symptoms that would effect my day to day life for who know how long is another reason to want to avoid it and get a vaccine.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #443 on: May 13, 2021, 07:55:02 AM »
this might be slightly anecdotal, but.
My cousin's  11-12 year old son caught covid from a friend (zero to light symptoms), gave it to his sister  who is 16 (moderate symptoms), his mother in her early 40s (moderate symptoms) and his dad in his late 40s, who has been in bed for 6-7 days. They also gave it to their 70 year old grandmother (the mothers mother) who is currently on a ventilator and I wouldn't bet money on her living.
so a, kids can get it, maybe they are less likely to get symptoms, or die but they spread it.
I am not afraid of covid, I am afraid of being part of the spread  or hurting somebody I love or care for.
 the possibility of having long term symptoms that would effect my day to day life for who know how long is another reason to want to avoid it and get a vaccine.

This.

Why is this so fucking hard for people to wrap their heads around?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #444 on: May 13, 2021, 07:58:34 AM »
Why is this so fucking hard for people to wrap their heads around?

Because antivaxxers are dumb and selfish. A pretty shitty combination.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #445 on: May 13, 2021, 08:51:12 AM »
I do agree, anti vaxxers are dumb, but we must approach them without insulting hem. When they call you a sheep it is not going to make you put your feelings aside and listen, so when we call them a kook they likely aren't going to listen to us either.

They are kooks.  :)

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #446 on: May 13, 2021, 09:09:40 AM »
Finally got a date for my first dose, it’s in a week and a half. Never been so stoked to get a shot.

Canada’s been super slow for the vaccines, but at least here in Quebec, people seem to be taking that shit seriously so lots of people are getting vaccinated. A lot of people I know who I thought would be against it are the ones sharing pro-vax stuff on Facebook, so that’s cool.

Obviously there’s the loud-mouthed anti-vax crowd, but fuck ‘em.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #447 on: May 13, 2021, 10:24:47 AM »
It isn't benign for children either. We've had several kids in our hospital end up like this:

because their body had an autoimmune inflammatory response to this disease. Most did survive, but not all. And having to be put on ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) is extremely traumatic for anyone, so even the kids who did survive have to deal with that for the rest of their lives.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 602
« Reply #448 on: May 13, 2021, 10:43:35 AM »
I described the vaccine booking system user interface as Kafkaesque, so my girlfriend booked it for me. I have weird luck, so I imagine a 5G tower is going to antivax me with a non-lethal dose of Covid 19-2000 between now and the appointment. I’ll live, but not well...
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: May 13, 2021, 10:43:59 AM »
It isn't benign for children either. We've had several kids in our hospital end up like this:

because their body had an autoimmune inflammatory response to this disease. Most did survive, but not all. And having to be put on ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) is extremely traumatic for anyone, so even the kids who did survive have to deal with that for the rest of their lives.

hey brycickle, man, after looking at your name for years as "brick cycle" I wondering now if it's Bry-cycle." Anyways, thanks for doing whatever you do in the hospital. I imagine if it's been anxiety inducing for everyone else, it's got to be crazy for you folks. Truly, thank you for your service