Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58689 times)

Miller92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -282
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #390 on: May 05, 2021, 10:37:52 AM »
getting my second dose of Moderna tomorrow. fucking praying for no side effects....

heard pedialyte/electrolytes before and after can really really help stave off heavy side effects.

excited to be done with this shit

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #391 on: May 05, 2021, 01:06:31 PM »
I got my first shot of pfizer today. I felt a bit tiered in the afternoon and I had a bit of a headache in the evening. It wasn't too bad. I had the afternoon free from work. I hope I will be back to 100 percent tomorrow.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2021, 01:22:02 PM »
I received my second dose of Pfizer Saturday morning. Got drunk with my girlfriend later, and I don’t drink too much these days so I was gonna feel terrible the next day regardless. I did, I spend most of the day falling asleep on the couch with a headache hating myself. Finally went to the skate park for a bit later that day and was able to skate okay. No terrible side affects.

Today is Wednesday and I feel a general sense of fatigue. It could be 1000 different things, but has anyone else felt a shift in their energy levels for a prolonged period of time after either shot?

I don’t know what the root cause of this feeling is for me, could be stress, not stretching enough, eating wrong. I work a physically demanding job and Ive been okay, but i do randomly feel like napping all the time. Maybe I’m depressed. discuss...

My doctor told me to not drink and exercise for three days after the shot. It seems you did both. Maybe just chill for a few extra days and take care of yourself i.e. actually take a few of those naps you seem to crave, eat and drink well and get some rest.

Maybe also get some advice from a medical professional?

Acky Jacky

« Reply #393 on: May 05, 2021, 01:55:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I received my second dose of Pfizer Saturday morning. Got drunk with my girlfriend later, and I don’t drink too much these days so I was gonna feel terrible the next day regardless. I did, I spend most of the day falling asleep on the couch with a headache hating myself. Finally went to the skate park for a bit later that day and was able to skate okay. No terrible side affects.

Today is Wednesday and I feel a general sense of fatigue. It could be 1000 different things, but has anyone else felt a shift in their energy levels for a prolonged period of time after either shot?

I don’t know what the root cause of this feeling is for me, could be stress, not stretching enough, eating wrong. I work a physically demanding job and Ive been okay, but i do randomly feel like napping all the time. Maybe I’m depressed. discuss...
[close]

My doctor told me to not drink and exercise for three days after the shot. It seems you did both. Maybe just chill for a few extra days and take care of yourself i.e. actually take a few of those naps you seem to crave, eat and drink well and get some rest.

Maybe also get some advice from a medical professional?

Oh yeah I knew I shouldn’t have drank, they told me the first time, and I didn’t. After the first shot I pretty much just spent the whole day at home and took it easy the next day as well, as a precaution. So maybe I really blew it this time haha.
I would take these naps if I were at home and wasn’t at work when I started to feel sleepy. But otherwise you’re on point.

I guess I haven’t really had a “day off” since the vaccine, besides the one where I was hungover. It may be just me, or it could be me combined with subtle effects from the vaccination. I’ll report back after another week.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #394 on: May 05, 2021, 04:05:49 PM »
  For those that don't though, if you trust the vaccine currently, why would you be concerned with those that don't as they pose no threat to you. 

This is so irritating. Community health is sort of everyone's concern.

Right now declining vaccination rates are making it harder to account for and control variants. The concerns about India's emerging variants (because so few of their 1.3b people are actually vaccinated) is very fucking legitimate and very fucking serious. If you don't control what's currently going on quickly and a mutation occurs that usurps previous variants and vaccines are less effective, it's bad news.

The news that we arent going to reach herd immunity, mostly due to people like you, means we are going to be living with variants and a much slower re-emergence of "normal" than we would be if people got their shit together, stopped being ridiculous, and got their shots. I cannot fucking believe you invoked J&J's blood clotting. https://theconversation.com/what-are-the-blood-clots-associated-with-the-johnson-and-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-4-questions-answered-159523

Instead, you wont get what is by EVERY SINGLE LEGITIMATE SCIENTIFIC MEASURE a safe and effective vaccine, allowing variations to mutate, and eventually potentially kill people. All because people continue to perpetuate and hold completely unfounded beliefs about vaccine danger.

Real fucking cool society we got here.

ok thanks

Fhk

« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2021, 04:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
  For those that don't though, if you trust the vaccine currently, why would you be concerned with those that don't as they pose no threat to you. 
[close]

Right now declining vaccination rates are making it harder to account for and control variants. The concerns about India's emerging variants (because so few of their 1.3b people are actually vaccinated) is very fucking legitimate and very fucking serious. If you don't control what's currently going on quickly and a mutation occurs that usurps previous variants and vaccines are less effective, it's bad news.

The news that we arent going to reach herd immunity, mostly due to people like you, means we are going to be living with variants and a much slower re-emergence of "normal" than we would be if people got their shit together, stopped being ridiculous, and got their shots. I cannot fucking believe you invoked J&J's blood clotting. https://theconversation.com/what-are-the-blood-clots-associated-with-the-johnson-and-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-4-questions-answered-159523

Instead, you wont get what is by EVERY SINGLE LEGITIMATE SCIENTIFIC MEASURE a safe and effective vaccine, allowing variations to mutate, and eventually potentially kill people. All because people continue to perpetuate and hold completely unfounded beliefs about vaccine danger.

There are also "LEGITIMATE SCIENTIFIC MEASURES" that call for fully vaccinated people to continue to wear a mask and maintain their social distancing.

artskool

• Rep: 33
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #396 on: May 05, 2021, 05:03:10 PM »
For what it's worth, I had my 2nd Moderna shot the other day. Went skateboarding, and played soccer with my kid right after. Had a little headache, but I basically always do. I went to bed around 10 feeling kind of achy, slept fine. A little achy at the next day, but not so much I couldn't work as normal. Basically, anybody nervous keep in mind there's a pretty good chance it won't be a big deal. Almost disappointed, as I wanted an excuse to lie around in a hammock all day.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2021, 06:34:41 PM »
So Im getting nobody wants to criticise Bill Gates for denying India free vaccine cause they don't want to give any of the anti vaxxers who they've previously shamed on facebook any satisfaction. Dumb game.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2021, 08:13:35 PM »
Dose 2 of Moderna rocked me - was on the couch all Sunday with a 100 degree fever, super sore and with a gnarly headache. Woke up on Monday feeling 95%, was completely fine by midday. Fully worth it obviously, it was actually kinda cool to be “sick” and know I’d be fine shortly after.

coneklr

« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2021, 09:46:37 PM »

When you go back and click the links I actually posted and do some research, I hope we can have an actual conversation as I'm open to learning if/where I'm wrong.  It is quite clear you haven't, nor does it seem that you care to.  Everyone else that has reached out to me has been mature, whether they agree or disagree with me.  You're actually are the first person to respond as I expected most would, all from feelings and not facts.

I never even mentioned the blood clots so I'm not sure where that came from, but yes they have been a side effect and most likely are worse than we are being led to believe, or I have a hard time thinking they'd pull it, seeing as they can't be sued anyway.  And it wasn't just J&J.  And please share your links from reputable sites where this is safe and effective by "EVERY SINGLE LEGITIMATE SCIENTIFIC MEASURE", as I have provided links that show the opposite from the sites that the gov and msm use for sources and that everyone taking it now is actually still in a trial phase of this technology for at least another year, which I also linked to.  It is not the same as any other vaccine in the past and it has never been approved for human use in the past and was only this time because we declared a state of emergency.  You can also still get and pass on the virus, it's just less likely.  So that means masks and social distancing will continue forever, even if everyone got the shot.

I also saw you post that the second shot hit your wife hard.  I am so sorry to hear that and I pray that she does not get hit with the issues plaguing a large number of women with their reproductive health since getting it (heavy bleeding, miscarriages, bleeding even in menopause).  This is also fact, and in our circle, we know more that have been affected by that, then actually tested positive for covid.  And no one knows how that is going to play out yet.  I also personally know more that have had severe mental issues, including suicide, due to lack of social/physical contact, losing jobs and businesses  than I do tested positive.

And as for your last comment, "Real fucking cool society we got here", the same can be said for people trying to force people to take an experimental drug because they are so fucking afraid of an illness that has a 99+% survival rate, while not caring at all about the fallout of the actual side effects that are affecting people.  The majority of people who had significant issues with covid and were hospitalized or died, had 2 or more issues that made it as bad as it was (this can also be found on the cdc website).  So fuck out of here with that virtue signaling shit and do some actual research.

Go ahead and hate on people who want to wait until the trials are over.  But sit back and take that in, self reflect and know that if you had your way and could force it on people, any of those side effects would be on you.  Could you live with that, if you talked a loved one into getting it and it severely fucked them up?  Read my posts again, there is nothing I've written that is anti getting it, or was my own opinion and I've even tried to source for you all so you wouldn't have to do the work of looking for it yourself.  I never even tried to talk people out of it, even if I disagree because contrary to your belief, community health is not everyone's concern, if it was, obesity, which has basically been our top contributor to health issues, wouldn't be a thing.  So I don't believe you actually care about community health and that isn't on just you, most people don't.  Which is why I don't think anyone is responsible for my health, nor am I responsible for theirs.

As I said before, I wish you all well who are getting it, I truly do.  I want to see all of us healthy and succeed and have some sort of unity in the future as we sure as fuck don't right now.

There are also "LEGITIMATE SCIENTIFIC MEASURES" that call for fully vaccinated people to continue to wear a mask and maintain their social distancing.
I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but I've responded to this in my other posts.  The fact that people would still have to wear a mask and distance if they got the vaccine is a fucking joke.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #400 on: May 06, 2021, 05:13:32 AM »
I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but I've responded to this in my other posts.  The fact that people would still have to wear a mask and distance if they got the vaccine is a fucking joke.
[/quote]

This is because even if you are fully vaccinated, it is possible (or it has not been disproven) that you can carry and transmit Covid to people who are not vaccinated.  Like teenage kids and younger.

It absolutely blows me away that people still can’t comprehend the whole “protect other people” part of the mask discussion.  Like from the very beginning.

Also, the vaccine was not an “experimental drug” that appeared out of thin air.

I guess this would be a good place to plop this:

coneklr

« Reply #401 on: May 06, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »
This is because even if you are fully vaccinated, it is possible (or it has not been disproven) that you can carry and transmit Covid to people who are not vaccinated.  Like teenage kids and younger.  I believe I have mentioned this in every single post.  At least you know you can still possible get and spread the disease.  Teens and children have gotten this rarely and is almost never life threatening if they do.  You'll be happy to know they've started testing on children too now, which Dr's actually shit on Fauci for and were adamant that if they were to go ahead with child testing that the government should remove the law protecting the companies making the vaccine from lawsuits.  Because, since you probably didn't read the link I had provided, none of those companies can be held liable for any harm that comes from taking their experimental product.

It absolutely blows me away that people still can’t comprehend the whole “protect other people” part of the mask discussion.  Like from the very beginning. This can be understood but if you look at the facts (it is in it's trial phase, there have been a lot of adverse side effects, you can still get and pass it) you'll start to see why people may just not do it because maybe it will help someone else.  Shitty?  Probably.  Is it shitty trying to force someone to put something they don't feel is safe in their body just to make you feel safer? Also Probably.

Also, the vaccine was not an “experimental drug” that appeared out of thin air. You're right and I've also mentioned that.  These vaccines have been around for a while and were never in history approved for humans because of all of the issues they had.  They were only given the greenlight right now because we are in an "emergency" Which if you look at the numbers, we should not be anymore.  The current numbers do not meet the threshold for a pandemic.  But they can't remove that or they'd have no way to push people to take it anymore.

I guess this would be a good place to plop this: I can't even believe you added this here.  Did you even watch it?
 I'm not going to respond as other than some numbers from another country, the rest is feelings based crap.  Early on they already knew there was going to be mass hesitancy and a document was leaked showing the ways that they would try to manipulate the masses to take it using psychology.  Including using message that promote fear and guilt and paying celebrities and influencers (which I know a handful that have received offers of $1300 to do and they don't even have huge followings) to promote it.  Does that seem right to you?  Manipulating the population to do something that may be against their best interest?  If so, you and I have totally different thoughts and values.  Again, if this was about health or as was written above "community health" why the fuck has no one actually cared before now about the easily preventable things that take the top spots in deaths every year?  Again, this shit is all virtue signaling bullshit based off of fear.  Please provide me some actual links from reputable sites to prove your points, not a paid for nighttime talk show host.
 Jesus

Holy fucking shit, I swear you guys don't even read what I write or look at the links I provided from sites that the government uses to get their info.  After this I'm done responding to feelings.  If you want a discussion hit me with some facts that can help change my mind ... because as the fear mongering implies, we've hit the point where the people left unvaccinated are the ones who think the risks are not worth putting this in their body at the time.  And as of right now, no one is going to force that and if they try that is when shit is really going to hit the fan in our country.

But ... Let me reply to this last feelings based reply.  I have replied in your quote to make following along even easier for you.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:22:36 AM by coneklr »

coneklr

« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2021, 08:28:50 AM »
And FWIW I feel horrible for anyone who has been persuaded to take it and now has to live with that.  And I pray for the vaccines side effects to affect as few people as possible.  I also understand how difficult it is to start critical thinking about shit that is so pushed on us.  I had a moment a few years ago that opened me up to that and now I am probably overly critical about everything, but when it comes to my health and the health of my family, there is no way I'm not being critical of all of the factual research (why I may come across as emotionless on it, less of a fuck your feelings and more of a holy shit how is this allowed) I can do.

Stay safe pals!  Even if I disagree with you, I don't want to see any harm come to anyone.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:37:59 AM by coneklr »

Fhk

« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2021, 08:41:07 AM »
Expand Quote
This is because even if you are fully vaccinated, it is possible (or it has not been disproven) that you can carry and transmit Covid to people who are not vaccinated.  Like teenage kids and younger.  I believe I have mentioned this in every single post.  At least you know you can still possible get and spread the disease.  Teens and children have gotten this rarely and is almost never life threatening if they do.  You'll be happy to know they've started testing on children too now, which Dr's actually shit on Fauci for and were adamant that if they were to go ahead with child testing that the government should remove the law protecting the companies making the vaccine from lawsuits.  Because, since you probably didn't read the link I had provided, none of those companies can be held liable for any harm that comes from taking their experimental product.

It absolutely blows me away that people still can’t comprehend the whole “protect other people” part of the mask discussion.  Like from the very beginning. This can be understood but if you look at the facts (it is in it's trial phase, there have been a lot of adverse side effects, you can still get and pass it) you'll start to see why people may just not do it because maybe it will help someone else.  Shitty?  Probably.  Is it shitty trying to force someone to put something they don't feel is safe in their body just to make you feel safer? Also Probably.

Also, the vaccine was not an “experimental drug” that appeared out of thin air. You're right and I've also mentioned that.  These vaccines have been around for a while and were never in history approved for humans because of all of the issues they had.  They were only given the greenlight right now because we are in an "emergency" Which if you look at the numbers, we should not be anymore.  The current numbers do not meet the threshold for a pandemic.  But they can't remove that or they'd have no way to push people to take it anymore.

I guess this would be a good place to plop this: I can't even believe you added this here.  Did you even watch it?
 I'm not going to respond as other than some numbers from another country, the rest is feelings based crap.  Early on they already knew there was going to be mass hesitancy and a document was leaked showing the ways that they would try to manipulate the masses to take it using psychology.  Including using message that promote fear and guilt and paying celebrities and influencers (which I know a handful that have received offers of $1300 to do and they don't even have huge followings) to promote it.  Does that seem right to you?  Manipulating the population to do something that may be against their best interest?  If so, you and I have totally different thoughts and values.  Again, if this was about health or as was written above "community health" why the fuck has no one actually cared before now about the easily preventable things that take the top spots in deaths every year?  Again, this shit is all virtue signaling bullshit based off of fear.  Please provide me some actual links from reputable sites to prove your points, not a paid for nighttime talk show host.
 Jesus

[close]

Holy fucking shit, I swear you guys don't even read what I write or look at the links I provided from sites that the government uses to get their info.  After this I'm done responding to feelings.  If you want a discussion hit me with some facts that can help change my mind ... because as the fear mongering implies, we've hit the point where the people left unvaccinated are the ones who think the risks are not worth putting this in their body at the time.  And as of right now, no one is going to force that and if they try that is when shit is really going to hit the fan in our country.

But ... Let me reply to this last feelings based reply.  I have replied in your quote to make following along even easier for you.
This man is laying down factual information so people on here with doubts have an easy way to stay informed. This obviously is an extremely touchy subject, however what I see from his links this info is indeed unbiased. Instead of getting frustrated that it maybe an opposing view, maybe take the time to learn why others are questioning things related to this. For me personally, I have a hard time trusting the fact that the US government is looking out for our best interests.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2021, 08:44:50 AM »
I check in on this thread every couple of days and it warms the cockles of my heart to see more and more people getting vaccinated and keeping themselves and their fellow humans safe. I just hope that Western governments get rid of vax IP so that the Global South can enjoy the same level of protection.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2021, 09:45:31 AM »
I understand the apprehension and I think skepticism can be healthy in society and I’m sure you will not change your mind regardless of what I post on a skateboard forum which is fine but the fertility claims about the vaccine are simply not true. This article gives a nice summary but you can find tons of other reputable articles that give the same information.

https://www.henryford.com/blog/2021/04/fertility-rumor-covid-vaccine

The proteins in the vaccine do not interact with the reproductive system.

Covid was the third leading cause of death in the US for 2020 after heart disease and cancer. The only thing about heart disease and cancer though is they aren’t contagious through the air so I think the fear about covid is justified. I know that the response will be that the most of those people had pre-existing conditions that contributed and that’s true but it is covid that killed the person. Also Covid beats 4th place by over 400,000 deaths so even if the numbers were inflated two times covid would still be in third place. 

More people have gotten the vaccine than have gotten covid. There have been no confirmed deaths from the vaccine and millions of deaths from covid.

I haven’t seen anything about influencers getting paid to speak about the vaccine but if they have I don’t really have a problem with it. Celebrities get paid to appear in anti smoking ads or don’t drink and drive PSAs and I see it kind of the same. I do realize I’m biased because I think the vaccine is good though.

You’re not being forced to get the vaccine and I’m not going to tell you have to. A private company may decide that they deem it necessary to be vaccinated before seeing a show in their venue or going on a cruise on their ship and that’s a decision that they have made to protect themself the best. If you feel like you don’t want to get the vaccine then you may not be able to take part in those things.

I just wanted to share some of my opinions. I respect your decision to not change your mind. We all want to get back to normal and luckily the infection rates and death rates are declining. A lot  of that is due to people wearing masks and getting vaccinated. If you are unsure about the vaccine, wearing a mask does greatly reduce transmission rates. I don’t like wearing one and I have asthma but at the worst it’s a slight inconvenience that could help us getting back to some normalcy.

I don’t feel like getting into a back and forth so if you reply I will for sure read it but I most likely won’t reply. Not out of disrespect for you but just because I’m lazy.

coneklr

« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2021, 11:02:25 AM »
@Eggie Vedder

I really appreciate this reply.  It was well written and respectful.  Thank you.

No need for back and forth but fwiw, I wasn't talking about the "conspiracy" of the vaccine sterilizing people.  I'm talking about the large group of women who got the shot and then have had significantly irregular periods (including some that had already went through menopause) and the dozens of women who have reported a miscarriage or still birth shortly after getting the shot and reported to VAERS.

So far the only message out I know of about it from Dr's is something like We don't have enough information on this yet, but it shouldn't make people hesitant from getting the vaccine.  Seriously?!?!  If I was a pregnant woman or wanted to be, I would 100% not take this right now until more info came out.  I will concede a few could be natural causes, but a large group not long after getting the shot definitely seems a little more than a coincidence.

And while I don't necessarily agree with businesses being able to deny people business based off of vaccination or not because I feel it's a slippery slope (it could open doors for discrimination for other reasons primarily).  I definitely think that if that is the law, then the people who decide not to get it need to accept that there are things they may miss out on.  All decisions have consequences.  If they aren't happy about that they may have to create their own versions of those things.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #407 on: May 07, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »
Had my second Moderna shot Tuesday. In preparation I bought gator aid and spent Wednesday getting stoned. Made it through just fine.

Some dude

• Rep: -40
« Reply #408 on: May 07, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »
It’s been bad enough convincing people to wear masks (I work in bars). It’s gonna be a real shit show when people start making others show their (hypothetically speaking) vaccine cards for entry into things/places. 

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 68
« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2021, 06:02:12 PM »
Ontario Canada here, was finally able to get my first dose of Pfizer last week. I had to wait in line for 4 hours, almost pissed my pants. There was a DJ for the line which was sick lmao. Had a sore arm the next day and that's it. Supposed to get my second dose in 3-4 months from now but I hope to fuck we get more supply soon so I can get it sooner than that and get to have a proper white boy summer. Shalom.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1508
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2021, 06:31:51 PM »
My 12 year old son is stoked they finally approved his age group to be vaccinated. Wife was able to get him an appointment for next week already.

Stay safe and be careful of breakthrough infections pals.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1525
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #411 on: May 12, 2021, 01:16:58 AM »
I was finally able to apply to get on the vaccination list, but it looks like at least a couple of weeks of waiting. Our nationa application framework was developed late so some regions developed their own and will fulfill those applications first. Sucks for me.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #412 on: May 12, 2021, 04:15:54 AM »
I got Phizer yesterday, feeling good.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #413 on: May 12, 2021, 04:48:48 AM »
@Eggie Vedder

I really appreciate this reply.  It was well written and respectful.  Thank you.

No need for back and forth but fwiw, I wasn't talking about the "conspiracy" of the vaccine sterilizing people.  I'm talking about the large group of women who got the shot and then have had significantly irregular periods (including some that had already went through menopause) and the dozens of women who have reported a miscarriage or still birth shortly after getting the shot and reported to VAERS.

So far the only message out I know of about it from Dr's is something like We don't have enough information on this yet, but it shouldn't make people hesitant from getting the vaccine.  Seriously?!?!  If I was a pregnant woman or wanted to be, I would 100% not take this right now until more info came out.  I will concede a few could be natural causes, but a large group not long after getting the shot definitely seems a little more than a coincidence.

And while I don't necessarily agree with businesses being able to deny people business based off of vaccination or not because I feel it's a slippery slope (it could open doors for discrimination for other reasons primarily).  I definitely think that if that is the law, then the people who decide not to get it need to accept that there are things they may miss out on.  All decisions have consequences.  If they aren't happy about that they may have to create their own versions of those things.
Nah, fuck you.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #414 on: May 12, 2021, 05:14:32 AM »
I'd DEFINITELY get it when I have the chance ...

But I got covid as we speak so I'm too late to protect myself. So I'll do it for others.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #415 on: May 12, 2021, 07:45:38 AM »
Got my second Moderna shot last Thursday and holy fuck Friday was a shit show.

Easily in the top 3 sickest moments of my life. 

Lasted literally 24 hours and then BOOM I woke up fine Saturday.

worth it! ready to go do shit and feel a tiny sense of protection

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #416 on: May 12, 2021, 08:09:27 AM »
I also feel like people in countries like the US and UK/Europe have an insane privilege. We can choose to get it. People in India are dying and in Peru and they can’t get this shot. They’d trade places with those of us who can yet aren’t.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #417 on: May 12, 2021, 09:02:39 AM »
Got my second Moderna shot last Thursday and holy fuck Friday was a shit show.

Easily in the top 3 sickest moments of my life. 

Lasted literally 24 hours and then BOOM I woke up fine Saturday.

worth it! ready to go do shit and feel a tiny sense of protection

Speaking from my own perspective, I’m past the two week mark on my second dose of Pfizer. All I can say is holy shit, I didn’t realize how used to the level of anxiety I experienced in public places I was until now. I’m more or less not worried about shit when I go places now, not that I’m going buck wild and cramming into crowded indoor spaces or anything. 10/10 would recommend getting vaccinated and if you can access it you should do your part to end this shit now

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2021, 12:06:06 PM »
got 2nd moderna shot last friday at 5pm mannnnnn it was rough
woke up at around 4am sweating and shaking
was the sickest I've been since Swine flu 2009
was still sick sunday but more like regular flu and it got better throughout the day
barely ate all weekend
but was better by monday besides skinnier and exhausted. Neck was sore prob from sleeping all screwed up
back in action now
pow
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

coneklr

« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2021, 12:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote
@Eggie Vedder

[close]
Nah, fuck you.

Fuck off cuck.  I've provided all factual links.  I'm sorry that hurts your feelings and goes against what you believe.  Here's another link for you (I would have supplied a link to the cdc page, but you have to go through the info and decipher for yourself and you definitely don't seem like the type that would do that so I'll give you a link that seems fitting)

https://nypost.com/2021/05/11/cdc-exaggerates-outdoor-transmission-rate-covid-19-experts/

As I've said before, I'm open to reading factual studies to the opposite that would persuade me otherwise.  Feel free to post and I'll do my part and read and research.  But fear mongering and just being an asshole isn't it.  Don't bother replying if you don't have links for me to look at.

Again, I hope the shit does not fuck you up and you are all safe and healthy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 12:41:37 PM by coneklr »