Author Topic: Vallely of by the sword???  (Read 16928 times)

cheese

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -68
Re: Vallely of by the sword???
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2010, 05:17:38 PM »
I used to respect mike vallely a lot.? ? I was a fan forever and over the years I've defended him on more then one occasion with every ounce of commitment, enthusiasm and passion.? ? His part in public domain was a favorite.? ? I remember doing everything i could to learn anything he did back then.? ? ? I've watched his carreer for as long as I have been skating.? ? ? The pride I felt as a fan has given way to shame and embarassment and ,while I admit, he played an enormous part in skateboarding, The problem is that Mike Vallely will never be as legendary to skateboarding as he is to himself in his own mind.? ? 

He has blown himself up to a point where his delusions of grandeur are nothing short of humiliating.? ? ? Every word that comes out of his mouth is a ticking timebomb of hyprocrisy waiting to contradict itself.? ? Theres a certain implied guarantee that anytime he says anything about anything or anyone that he's going to turn on it eventually and within minutes his saving grace will become an instant damnation.
He has turned his back on sponsors, gone against his word and sold out friends along the way.

It's the desperate attempt of a man holding on to something he lost years ago.? ? 

Face it Mike, Regardless of what you think about yourself.. take a little advice: You will never be close to the kind of legend Cab, Mountain, Natas or Gonz are.? ? 

Im pretty sure you just succesfully summed up everybodys thoughts on Mike V. I am eternally grateful.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »
that was very elegant and diplomatic, we should mass email mike valley-lee this shit
:) I must have been tripping last night

lukewarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »

Powell-Peralta and the Bones Brigade has always been my ideal. Since I left the team in 1989, I?ve been chasing after that ideal, or at least trying to make good on it. With Stacy Peralta back with George Powell, I could not refuse the opportunity to drop everything I was doing and join forces with two people I have great respect and admiration for, and for a cause I truly believe in. I feel I can finally now make peace with my skateboard career. And that as far as the business of skateboarding is concerned, that I now have a purpose to continue to be involved for a long time to come.
?Mike Vallely

"Until you quit again and cry about whatever self-imaginary injustice you feel you were the victim of."

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2010, 10:59:37 PM »
Good thing he didn't get that elephant tattoo crossed out too.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »
Really looking forward to another decade of watching him punch the innocent for not respecting him.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:41:54 AM by Mouth »
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

N/A

• Rep: 7
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
Still running through that cemetery...
!!! VERT SAVES !!!

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2010, 08:17:04 AM »
Day Job would be a pretty sick name for a skateboard company.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2010, 09:50:34 AM »
Stacy Peralta: "Mike, so George wants us to put together a new video.  It's gonna be huge, McGill has been killing it lately.  Anyways, I wanted to run some ideas by you."

Mike Vallely: "Okay, shoot."

Stacy: "Well, for your section I wanted to do something that was forward looking, but still showcased your rich heritage.  I got the art department to put together a few gravestones behind the warehouse up in Santa Barbara.  I was thinking..."

Mike: "Stacy, I'm not running through a fucking graveyard again.  You know that's not what I'm about."

Stacy:  "Wait a sec Mike, hear me out.  I got the art guy to do up each gravestone with the logo of a company you've quit or run into the ground.  It'll be like you're running through your past being pursued by skateboard industry demons and you don't know where to go.  It's all very symbolic.  But then you see a light in the sky.  You turn towards the light and there's a skeleton hand reaching down to you.  I think we can probably do this part in CGI, but I wanna have the Powell Ripper materialize in front of you.  He'll be glowing in a white light.  You guys hug and then..."

Mike: "This is bullshit Stacy."       

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
Stacy Peralta: "Mike, so George wants us to put together a new video.  It's gonna be huge, McGill has been killing it lately.  Anyways, I wanted to run some ideas by you."

Stacy: "Well, for your section I wanted to do something that was forward looking, but still showcased your rich heritage.  I got the art department to put together a few gravestones behind the warehouse up in Santa Barbara.  I was thinking..."

Mike: "Stacy, I'm not running through a fucking graveyard again.  You know that's not what I'm about."

Stacy:  "Wait a sec Mike, hear me out.  I got the art guy to do up each gravestone with the logo of a company you've quit or run into the ground.  It'll be like you're running through your past being pursued by skateboard industry demons and you don't know where to go.  It's all very symbolic.  But then you see a light in the sky.  You turn towards the light and there's a skeleton hand reaching down to you.  I think we can probably do this part in CGI, but I wanna have the Powell Ripper materialize in front of you.  He'll be glowing in a white light.  You guys hug and then..."

lol

nice.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2010, 10:22:10 AM »
good story .

However, I'm pretty sure that Mike V would be down for anything CGI, cheesy and Hollywood-esque.  Maybe he could fight some aliens with a hockey stick while riding a skateboard and wearing Axel Rose-style cornrows.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2010, 11:18:47 AM »
Ha Ha that was fucking funny!!!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2010, 12:47:58 PM »

He'd probably quit and then talk shit about powell for the next 4 or so years

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »
Anyone remember when he was looking for a shoe sponsor not long ago and he posted this:

"Thanks for nothing, Nike and iPath."

What a tool.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »

Powell-Peralta and the Bones Brigade has always been my ideal. Since I left the team in 1989, I?ve been chasing after that ideal, or at least trying to make good on it. With Stacy Peralta back with George Powell, I could not refuse the opportunity to drop everything I was doing and join forces with two people I have great respect and admiration for, and for a cause I truly believe in. I feel I can finally now make peace with my skateboard career. And that as far as the business of skateboarding is concerned, that I now have a purpose to continue to be involved for a long time to come.
?Mike Vallely

"Until you quit again and cry about whatever self-imaginary injustice you feel you were the victim of."

Have you guys noticed that he tatooed the element logo then crossed it...

RevertEverything

• Rep: 18
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
The tiniest sliver of respect I had for the guy has officially been thrown in the incinerator. Mike, nice job screwing over a "DIY" skate-owned company/distributor. As always your ability to completely contradict your self-professed integrity and beliefs is unmatched.

I can't wait for his Matador beef jerky or Ball Park hot dog endorsements. 

Inbred Jed

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
He's like the Ted Nugent of skateboarding. I like a lot of the stuff he put out, but he says some wacky shit.

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2010, 04:30:35 PM »
He's like the Ted Nugent of skateboarding. I like a lot of the stuff he put out, but he says some wacky shit.
Ehhh... I say more of a Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise... He is really good and entertaining at what he does, but with age he just lost his marbles...

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »
so is his daughter 18 yet? lest get this thread where it needs to be.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »
...and thus marks Austin's triumphant return to SLAP.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

lukewarm

• Rep: 2
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
total tool!

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2010, 06:56:04 PM »
Zumies Tour 2010.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2010, 07:19:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
...and thus marks Austin's triumphant return to SLAP.
thanks andrew. its good to be back.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
"I used to respect skateboarding a lot.  I was a fan forever and over the years I've defended my favorite pro on more then one occasion with every ounce of commitment, enthusiasm and passion.  His part in whatever was cool at the time was a favorite.  I remember talking about doing everything i could to say I learned anything skateboard trick done back then.   I've watched other people's skateboarding for as long as I have been skating.   The pride I felt as a fan has given way to shame and embarassment and ,while I admit, I never played an enormous part in skateboarding, The problem is that I will never be as anything to skateboarding  and that is why I am bitter and was never any good. 

I had blown myself up to a point where my actual skateboarding delusions of grandeur are nothing short of humiliating.   Every word that came out of my mouth is a ticking timebomb of hyprocrisy waiting to contradict myself.  Theres a certain implied guarantee that anytime I post anything about anything or anyone that I'm going to turn on it eventually and within minutes his saving grace will become an instant damnation.
I have turned my back on brands, gone against my own word and sold out friends along the way.

It's the desperate attempt of a man holding on to something he lost years ago. 

Face it Slap posters, Regardless of what you think about yourself.. take a little advice: You will never be close to being able to actually ride a skateboard."

I have taken the time to edit his post about Mike V, so it truly underlines 98% of the posters here on Slap and their delusional relationship as they age and realize they could never skateboard and were slaves to the things they bitched about day after day.

ihitmyheadalot

• Rep: 1
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »
"I used to respect skateboarding a lot.  I was a fan forever and over the years I've defended my favorite pro on more then one occasion with every ounce of commitment, enthusiasm and passion.  His part in whatever was cool at the time was a favorite.  I remember talking about doing everything i could to say I learned anything skateboard trick done back then.   I've watched other people's skateboarding for as long as I have been skating.   The pride I felt as a fan has given way to shame and embarassment and ,while I admit, I never played an enormous part in skateboarding, The problem is that I will never be as anything to skateboarding  and that is why I am bitter and was never any good.  

I had blown myself up to a point where my actual skateboarding delusions of grandeur are nothing short of humiliating.   Every word that came out of my mouth is a ticking timebomb of hyprocrisy waiting to contradict myself.  Theres a certain implied guarantee that anytime I post anything about anything or anyone that I'm going to turn on it eventually and within minutes his saving grace will become an instant damnation.
I have turned my back on brands, gone against my own word and sold out friends along the way.

It's the desperate attempt of a man holding on to something he lost years ago.  

Face it Slap posters, Regardless of what you think about yourself.. take a little advice: You will never be close to being able to actually ride a skateboard."

I have taken the time to edit his post about Mike V, so it truly underlines 98% of the posters here on Slap and their delusional relationship as they age and realize they could never skateboard and were slaves to the things they bitched about day after day.

False.  You don't have a clue what youre talking about.

I've put in 25 years.  I've paid my dues in sweat, blood and physical abuse.  And for a second i felt some lame need to defend myself against you're bullshit then realised it was entirely off topic.

The simple truth is I find it hard to look at someone with admiration anymore when I'm left looking at a man who flip flops around the industry proclaiming each new business venture as the best.. last.. and greatest only to see him do it all over again in a handful of months.  I wonder about  things when i look at a tour where he's doing demos but kids need VIP tickets that cost a fortune for a chance to meet him.  I get that people change. I understand nothing stays the same.  And im aware he has a family to take care of.    Despite all of that i can't help but feel like MY mike vallely.. the one I defended well into my late 20's sold his soul.

I'd have a lot more respect for Mike Vallely.. Present day mike vallely if he just called down the middle.  Its easier to respect
a dude who admits hes selling out to make a buck then it is to respect anyone who says they are "core" or "diy" just to
fit into whatever kind of pants the cool kids are wearing this year.  Where the heck is a man supposed to go when he's burned every bridge going outta town.

I might be new posting around here but ive been lurking forever.  Rather then contribute something constructive you sunk to typical message board flame tactics.   Good on you. Edit that jackass.  

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:48:31 PM by ihitmyheadalot »

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
"Wow.  You were 100% correct.

I've put in 25 years with some false sense of reasoning that the number of years I have claimed something makes me worthwhile.  I've paid my dues in sweat, blood and physical abuse just like anyone else that has skateboarded, but there is that validation issue I have showing it's ugly head again.  What can I say, I was really into Black Label when Mike Vallely rode for them. I'm competed, cause I am a jock and need to feel like i beat people at something I "love".   I've worked along side a handful of cities to get skateparks designed and built, I have to do something to feel like I am "part" of the scene.  Everything I do is for show, I need people to see what I am doing and making an effort so I have self worth.  I take shit from my gf every few weeks when i come home without my board cause i gave it to a kid who needed it cause my buddy runs a local shop and cuts me great deals.  I tell the kid I gave the board the reason it looks brand new is cause I ride for the company and he should have it, cause I care about the scene, I know what it was like when I was kid riding shitty setups!!!!  I make sure to tell everyone possible that I give local kids boards, it provides good cover for the fact that I don't actually skate anymore, but I sure do like to talk about it and provided feedback about how current pros, "just don't get it or compare to the pros of the time when I was growing up!!!!" I've worked as an instructor at a few parks in different municipalities doing camps with small children as most guys my age do so I can cling to the label skateboarder, I don't care, it is for the kids....  I did my time riding for shops or getting flow from distributors in my early to mid 20's until I decided I just wanted to get back to what I loved in the first place, come to think of it, I wasn't really on flow or the team, but I filmed the team, had a car and drove them around, and cleaned the shop for used shop decks.  I really mean I sucked  Riding my skateboard.  The truth be told I have lived through Mike Vallely for most of my life.  I looked up to the dude and i made a lot of decisions on who i wanted to be as a skateboarder as a result of things he did himself. Eventually though i started to notice how often he just went back on his word, I am a complete tool and realized I was stalking and cloning someone I didn't know personally.  Now I am using this forum to lash out.  Social Distortion forever."

There you go bud. :)

few123456789

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2010, 09:23:14 PM »
"Wow.?  You were 100% correct.

I've put in 25 years with some false sense of reasoning that the number of years I have claimed something makes me worthwhile.?  I've paid my dues in sweat, blood and physical abuse just like anyone else that has skateboarded, but there is that validation issue I have showing it's ugly head again.?  What can I say, I was really into Black Label when Mike Vallely rode for them. I'm competed, cause I am a jock and need to feel like i beat people at something I "love".?  ? I've worked along side a handful of cities to get skateparks designed and built, I have to do something to feel like I am "part" of the scene.?  Everything I do is for show, I need people to see what I am doing and making an effort so I have self worth.?  I take shit from my gf every few weeks when i come home without my board cause i gave it to a kid who needed it cause my buddy runs a local shop and cuts me great deals.?  I tell the kid I gave the board the reason it looks brand new is cause I ride for the company and he should have it, cause I care about the scene, I know what it was like when I was kid riding shitty setups!!!!?  I make sure to tell everyone possible that I give local kids boards, it provides good cover for the fact that I don't actually skate anymore, but I sure do like to talk about it and provided feedback about how current pros, "just don't get it or compare to the pros of the time when I was growing up!!!!" I've worked as an instructor at a few parks in different municipalities doing camps with small children as most guys my age do so I can cling to the label skateboarder, I don't care, it is for the kids....?  I did my time riding for shops or getting flow from distributors in my early to mid 20's until I decided I just wanted to get back to what I loved in the first place, come to think of it, I wasn't really on flow or the team, but I filmed the team, had a car and drove them around, and cleaned the shop for used shop decks.?  I really mean I sucked?  Riding my skateboard.?  The truth be told I have lived through Mike Vallely for most of my life.?  I looked up to the dude and i made a lot of decisions on who i wanted to be as a skateboarder as a result of things he did himself. Eventually though i started to notice how often he just went back on his word, I am a complete tool and realized I was stalking and cloning someone I didn't know personally.?  Now I am using this forum to lash out.?  Social Distortion forever."

There you go bud. :)

Ahahahaha.  Vallely is a kook but so is anyone who 'feels' let down (this excludes the people who were actually let down, like Kristian).

thugnificent

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
The tiniest sliver of respect I had for the guy has officially been thrown in the incinerator. Mike, nice job screwing over a "DIY" skate-owned company/distributor. As always your ability to completely contradict your self-professed integrity and beliefs is unmatched.

I can't wait for his Matador beef jerky or Ball Park hot dog endorsements. 

anyone who would turn down a ball park sponsorship is really only playing themselves

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2010, 10:23:27 PM »
was never into hoho plants.  now hoho snack cakes...

also maybe he got teh A.D.D.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2010, 11:50:44 PM »
does powell-peralta even make much money these days? I'd like to see some figures!

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2010, 12:14:36 AM »
does powell-peralta even make much money these days? I'd like to see some figures!

Bones wheels are huge as are the bearings and the truck bushings, so I am sure it all adds up. Have not seen many people riding the powell blanks like I use to, but I know they made a lot of money off of those.