Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8717672 times)

FROTHY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #39060 on: September 08, 2020, 01:25:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Those DC mash ups are so fucking bad that I actually burst out laughing at the concept. It's like someone put on a pair of Lynx and kept stepping into progressively worse shoes as DC got more and more terrible.
[close]

Haha. For real. But amazed Kalis can do such a good tre flip with them. Even with his 90s look still, those shoes look fucking gigantic.

If my unvetted sources are correct, they'll be about $500. So, don't expect to see much of them, unless you intentionally follow shoe heads. I personally like the black and blue ones, but I'll skate anything from slip-ons to Iversons.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #39061 on: September 08, 2020, 03:51:29 PM »
Does anyone know when those blue Puig adidas release?

They gotta be coming really soon maybe this month? I’m seeing adidas riders from pro to flow with em on Instagram

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39062 on: September 08, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Why in the world would anyone buy these over a Vans slip on? Definitely much better than those hideous Riley Hawks with the strap though.
[close]

Have you tried them before making this comment? I'm a Vans fanboy and it's basically the only thing i skate, but after skating the emerica version I would choose them over the vans slip-ons every time.
[close]

Mine literally disintegrated from the inside and I stopped skating them after about a week.
[close]

After my first pair of wino slips I went back to vans and the vans wasn’t as comfortable wasn’t as nice. I wore them to do yard work and bought another pair of wino slips. Ended up tossing the vans out to see if someone would take them. Sucks you had issues with the winos you had. The ones I have has hands down beat vans Slips in every department. Now if emerica will just make a wino slip cup! With that flick shield from the Dickson.
[close]
We have something special in the works  :)

Stoked to see how many of you have tried them coming from Vans. I was always a fan of the Vans slips but haven't gone back to them since getting the Winos when they first came out.

Interested...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #39063 on: September 08, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »
I actually think those DC doublet joints are fucking incredible. And it’s dope that DC is doing the fashion shoe thing instead of just letting some high end brand copy their aesthetic.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2265
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39064 on: September 08, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those DC mash ups are so fucking bad that I actually burst out laughing at the concept. It's like someone put on a pair of Lynx and kept stepping into progressively worse shoes as DC got more and more terrible.
[close]

Haha. For real. But amazed Kalis can do such a good tre flip with them. Even with his 90s look still, those shoes look fucking gigantic.
[close]

If my unvetted sources are correct, they'll be about $500.

This just keeps getting funnier. Who the fuck is gonna pay $500 for DCs?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #39065 on: September 09, 2020, 06:07:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If my unvetted sources are correct, they'll be about $500.
[close]

This just keeps getting funnier. Who the fuck is gonna pay $500 for DCs?
Someone in Japan.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #39066 on: September 09, 2020, 06:54:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Why in the world would anyone buy these over a Vans slip on? Definitely much better than those hideous Riley Hawks with the strap though.
[close]

Have you tried them before making this comment? I'm a Vans fanboy and it's basically the only thing i skate, but after skating the emerica version I would choose them over the vans slip-ons every time.
[close]

Mine literally disintegrated from the inside and I stopped skating them after about a week.
[close]

After my first pair of wino slips I went back to vans and the vans wasn’t as comfortable wasn’t as nice. I wore them to do yard work and bought another pair of wino slips. Ended up tossing the vans out to see if someone would take them. Sucks you had issues with the winos you had. The ones I have has hands down beat vans Slips in every department. Now if emerica will just make a wino slip cup! With that flick shield from the Dickson.

Reading things like this makes me feel insane. I can accept that maybe my pair may have been defective in terms of durability, but in terms of comfort and overall wearability I find those and the Slip On Pro to be truly night and day. I think I skated my Wino Slips like 3 or 4 times before the elastic band completely gave out, but since the shoe itself was mostly in tact I kept them to wear to my sit down office job. From there just taking walks around the block I would always find little pieces of foam in my shoe until I realized it was the inside literally disintegrating and chipping away from the inside out.

Like I said, I accept that they may have been a defect, but I've had the same Slip On Pros as chillers for the last year and a half and think they're the most comfortable shoe ever. I've thought about trying some Winos again as chillers cuz I really like the sillouette and the colorways Emerica does (especially the new Dakota colorway) but man, it was just such a bad experience I haven't really looked back.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #39067 on: September 09, 2020, 06:58:21 AM »
I wouldn’t buy those dc’s but I’m glad they are leaning into who they are. The dc’s I’m skating now are great. Want to get some legacy slims in the future. Are all their shoes roughly 1/2 size small? I had to go up a 1/2 size for these tribekas.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #39068 on: September 09, 2020, 06:59:01 AM »

How much dem cost?

Rumor is these are going to be 550$. If so, and they're still made in China/Taiwan, DC can go fuck themselves and I hope they bomb in sales.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39069 on: September 09, 2020, 07:03:53 AM »
I wouldn’t buy those dc’s but I’m glad they are leaning into who they are. The dc’s I’m skating now are great. Want to get some legacy slims in the future. Are all their shoes roughly 1/2 size small? I had to go up a 1/2 size for these tribekas.

Yeah, I have to go half size up as well.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39070 on: September 09, 2020, 08:17:45 AM »
Yeah, it's good to see a skate shoe company rely on it's own bold identity rather than try to camouflage in with sports brands and vans.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #39071 on: September 09, 2020, 09:41:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think dc's are tts if you like shoes that stretch. if you want shoes to be roomy in the end go 1/2 up.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39072 on: September 09, 2020, 10:00:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i think dc's are tts if you like shoes that stretch. if you want shoes to be roomy in the end go 1/2 up.

I like my shit tight and wear size 9 in all brands but the Legacy OG, for example, squashes my toes really hard. I think they're shorter, but I have a pretty wide foot too so that might have something to do with it.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #39073 on: September 09, 2020, 12:43:54 PM »

Thank fuck for Watson.

I know all things come back around, but I honestly never would have believed that fucking disgusting tank-sized DCs would be a thing actual skateboarders were stoked on in 2020.

Tell you what though, that Kalis flatground tre was pure sex.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
« Reply #39074 on: September 09, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone know when those blue Puig adidas release?

[close]

They gotta be coming really soon maybe this month? I’m seeing adidas riders from pro to flow with em on Instagram

I guess...

"Soon"?

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #39075 on: September 09, 2020, 01:18:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
How much dem cost?
[close]

Rumor is these are going to be 550$. If so, and they're still made in China/Taiwan, DC can go fuck themselves and I hope they bomb in sales.

pretty sad to think that this shoe which is a mashup of 3 shoes important to skate heritage (Legacy, Kalis, Lynx) are going to be offered to a completely non-skate demographic. Kind of a slap in the face to the core skate guys and OG skate shoe enthusiasts.

I also highly doubt this shoe cost more that $50 max to produce, so i don't exactly understand the upcharge

I really just hope it's only this price for this collaboration, and that have another release that is non-collaborative and running around the $100-$200 pricepoint , similar to how adidas is doing with the Palace puig and the soon-to-be-released puig pro

don't let me down DC, you did good with the stevie and kalis re-issues, don't fuck up now

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #39076 on: September 09, 2020, 01:45:36 PM »
There are plenty of more reasonably priced bulky dc’s and they have been dropping OG’s left and right. Let them do their limited high dollar insane shoes. Everything isn’t for everybody. I understand the feeling, but a brand playing with your emotions about something unattainable builds hype
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #39077 on: September 09, 2020, 01:53:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
How much dem cost?
[close]

[close]

pretty sad to think that this shoe which is a mashup of 3 shoes important to skate heritage (Legacy, Kalis, Lynx) are going to be offered to a completely non-skate demographic. Kind of a slap in the face to the core skate guys and OG skate shoe enthusiasts.

I also highly doubt this shoe cost more that $50 max to produce, so i don't exactly understand the upcharge

I really just hope it's only this price for this collaboration, and that have another release that is non-collaborative and running around the $100-$200 pricepoint , similar to how adidas is doing with the Palace puig and the soon-to-be-released puig pro

don't let me down DC, you did good with the stevie and kalis re-issues, don't fuck up now

Sidetracking, but any word on how the Williams Slims fit compared to other DC cups (esp Kalis S, Kalis Lite, Legacy Slim, or Lynx OG)?

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39078 on: September 09, 2020, 03:02:21 PM »
YungJugg, Goldenera did a youtube video on them and I think he said they run about 1/2 size big. Not positive that was the verdict, but that video should be pretty easy for you to find.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39079 on: September 09, 2020, 03:56:25 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #39080 on: September 09, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »

Fuck me. Lakai just make Manchester’s and Telfords and maybe in a few years you’ll be cool again.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #39081 on: September 09, 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
I haven't had a pair of Lakai since around the fully flared era but those navy manchesters look pretty damn good.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #39082 on: September 09, 2020, 05:16:42 PM »
Damn that navy manchester is nice. Would consider buying them and removing the flare

Glurmpz

« Reply #39083 on: September 09, 2020, 08:19:18 PM »
Those blue Manchester's look sick but I tried that shoe in a different color and they killed my feet so bad I had to take them off after a couple hours and sell them. Super narrow.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #39084 on: September 09, 2020, 09:51:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Reading things like this makes me feel insane. I can accept that maybe my pair may have been defective in terms of durability, but in terms of comfort and overall wearability I find those and the Slip On Pro to be truly night and day. I think I skated my Wino Slips like 3 or 4 times before the elastic band completely gave out, but since the shoe itself was mostly in tact I kept them to wear to my sit down office job. From there just taking walks around the block I would always find little pieces of foam in my shoe until I realized it was the inside literally disintegrating and chipping away from the inside out.

Like I said, I accept that they may have been a defect, but I've had the same Slip On Pros as chillers for the last year and a half and think they're the most comfortable shoe ever. I've thought about trying some Winos again as chillers cuz I really like the sillouette and the colorways Emerica does (especially the new Dakota colorway) but man, it was just such a bad experience I haven't really looked back.

I've had four pairs of wino slip-ons. the fabric inside of the heel gets worn out but I haven't had any foam or pieces chipping away. They're also significantly more comfortable than Vans slip-ons. To each pair of feet their own, I guess.

We have something special in the works  :)

Stoked to see how many of you have tried them coming from Vans. I was always a fan of the Vans slips but haven't gone back to them since getting the Winos when they first came out.

Hopefully it's not a flimsy slip-on with a repurposed "cupsole"?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #39085 on: September 09, 2020, 11:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My thing between the Vans and Emerica slip on is that the Vans take a while for me to fit comfortably. It might be due to my foot being a little wider than most I guess. The strap on the Vans slip on pros are way too tight to skate right outta the box. It takes about a week or so for them to loosen up and to be able to skate comfortably. The Emericas are good right outta the box for me. They’re both great shoes but I prefer Emerica for that reason. Again this is just my personal experience and I understand everyone’s foot is different.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #39086 on: September 10, 2020, 09:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fuck me. Lakai just make Manchester’s and Telfords and maybe in a few years you’ll be cool again.
I absolutely love the new Manchester. Got the perfect toe for a perfect flick. I put in some footprint insoles and it gives me the perfect fit. I am for sure gonna but multiple pairs of this shoes.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #39087 on: September 10, 2020, 09:41:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I absolutely love the new Manchester. Got the perfect toe for a perfect flick. I put in some footprint insoles and it gives me the perfect fit. I am for sure gonna but multiple pairs of this shoes.
sponsored

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #39088 on: September 10, 2020, 10:01:40 AM »
A couple of years ago, I'd have bought multiple pairs of those manchesters.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #39089 on: September 10, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My thing between the Vans and Emerica slip on is that the Vans take a while for me to fit comfortably. It might be due to my foot being a little wider than most I guess. The strap on the Vans slip on pros are way too tight to skate right outta the box. It takes about a week or so for them to loosen up and to be able to skate comfortably. The Emericas are good right outta the box for me. They’re both great shoes but I prefer Emerica for that reason. Again this is just my personal experience and I understand everyone’s foot is different.

I got a wide foot too. Maybe that’s why I prefer the wino slips over vans slips. Vans straight up destroyed my pinky toe.