Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 45654 times)

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2023, 10:39:32 AM »
New DLC available 10/26
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cyle5w1uygp/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Not stoked that it appears to be an abandoned mall. The Waterpark got old quick who wants another abandoned place vs regular city streets?  Also 30+ objects to the DIY selection but that's not fun either.

Debating do I buy to support their ability for making more? Or not buy so they recognize we want realistic shit and not wood boards all over a place

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2023, 11:40:06 AM »
New DLC available 10/26

Not stoked that it appears to be an abandoned mall. The Waterpark got old quick who wants another abandoned place vs regular city streets?  Also 30+ objects to the DIY selection but that's not fun either.

Debating do I buy to support their ability for making more? Or not buy so they recognize we want realistic shit and not wood boards all over a place

I'm gonna buy it and probably play it for like 5-10 hours then go back to modded maps like I did with the Waterpark. You should look into getting modded maps if you want more realistic shit, there's a lot of really good maps to be played through that.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #602 on: October 19, 2023, 11:48:50 AM »
Expand Quote
New DLC available 10/26

[close]

I'm gonna buy it and probably play it for like 5-10 hours then go back to modded maps like I did with the Waterpark. You should look into getting modded maps if you want more realistic shit, there's a lot of really good maps to be played through that.

Where are you getting your mods? I went on Nexus but only saw a few

FactoryMinimum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #603 on: October 19, 2023, 01:24:46 PM »
New DLC available 10/26

I’m buying to support. Really hoping they continue to polish the gameplay and eventually the animations.

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #604 on: October 19, 2023, 05:29:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
New DLC available 10/26

[close]

[close]

Most are on discord in this server https://discord.gg/cBQf548d. I've also posted a couple unfinished maps I've made on this website if you dig through https://primosessionmag.com/spo.html, and this discord server has some good clothes and stuff https://discord.gg/d2dYU2GY

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #605 on: October 20, 2023, 11:56:32 AM »
Come on, there has to be some artistic license to make 80%+ the way there recreations of real life spots without getting sued. That sounds like a cop out.

If they’re not going to recreate IRL spots, at least make more realistic-seeming maps. Water park worked out somewhat ok because there’s some spots people would actually skate IRL, sewers is stupid.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 65
« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2023, 09:48:04 AM »
Come on, there has to be some artistic license to make 80%+ the way there recreations of real life spots without getting sued. That sounds like a cop out.

If they’re not going to recreate IRL spots, at least make more realistic-seeming maps. Water park worked out somewhat ok because there’s some spots people would actually skate IRL, sewers is stupid.

Yeah I don’t get this either. Did they get some sort of “clearance” for the real world spots already included in the game? I doubt it.

With the general feel an ethos of the game seeming much more grounded and sim like I find the choice of the more fantastical maps that much more strange.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2023, 05:18:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
New DLC available 10/26

[close]

[close]

[close]

Most are on discord in this server https://discord.gg/cBQf548d. I've also posted a couple unfinished maps I've made on this website if you dig through https://primosessionmag.com/spo.html, and this discord server has some good clothes and stuff https://discord.gg/d2dYU2GY

Yeah I use Illusory as well.

Here’s a sort of “modding for dummies” video that I followed along with to set up Session mods on my PC

https://youtu.be/8pGgF-fI73w?si=A5XST6xlqkWI5pBB

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #608 on: October 26, 2023, 07:03:03 AM »
New map is out - not bad at $8
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy3Hx8hutsB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Pretty fun initial impression so far.  The neon arcade-like skatepark section is pretty fun to be in

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #609 on: October 26, 2023, 08:32:37 AM »
New map is out - not bad at $8
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy3Hx8hutsB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Pretty fun initial impression so far.  The neon arcade-like skatepark section is pretty fun to be in

Yeah under $10 was a good selling point. seems fun so far but just did a little cruise around.

FactoryMinimum

« Reply #610 on: October 26, 2023, 02:56:02 PM »

I am excited to try the map out. Looks fun.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #611 on: October 28, 2023, 07:48:56 AM »
The new map is definitely the most inspired that they have released as a DLC. There's a lot of interesting lines available and really long rails.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #612 on: October 28, 2023, 08:48:28 AM »
Sewers, waterpark, mall... They're really THPSing this shit into the ground. 

ssbsminotti

• Rep: -8
« Reply #613 on: October 30, 2023, 07:35:44 AM »

The base game mechanics are where it’s at. Plenty of spots in this game.. don’t think a couple of semi-realistic maps are gonna ruin that. If you don’t like it don’t skate it.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2023, 06:44:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The base game mechanics are where it’s at. Plenty of spots in this game.. don’t think a couple of semi-realistic maps are gonna ruin that. If you don’t like it don’t skate it.
Yeah, that's my main problem.  Zero progress to get the core game finished, which is a huge bummer

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #615 on: November 01, 2023, 08:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah, that's my main problem.  Zero progress to get the core game finished, which is a huge bummer

I'm pretty sure they don't have people to work on that sort of stuff, if they did they would work on it, if you know how to fix what needs to be fixed perhaps you should send them a job application

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: November 03, 2023, 01:20:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm pretty sure they don't have people to work on that sort of stuff, if they did they would work on it, if you know how to fix what needs to be fixed perhaps you should send them a job application

Everyone there knows how to work on that stuff, they're the ones that built the game... they're just chasing DLC money because they want cash and performance/gameplay updates don't generate cash. Not shitting on them as they're a small company and I get it, game development is expensive, but lets be real here.

FactoryMinimum

« Reply #617 on: November 03, 2023, 02:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Everyone there knows how to work on that stuff, they're the ones that built the game... they're just chasing DLC money because they want cash and performance/gameplay updates don't generate cash. Not shitting on them as they're a small company and I get it, game development is expensive, but lets be real here.

As long as they keep dropping base game improvements alongside DLC or in-between releases, I'm good with it.

The object dropper overhaul seems substantial enough, though I haven't tried it out yet myself.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #618 on: November 05, 2023, 03:06:22 PM »
I recently had to switch from an xbox controller to a PS5 controller on PC, and the game feels completely different. it feels so much more difficult on a PS5 controller. the analog sticks are way more sensitive but there's much more resistance in them.

does anyone have any setting tips for the PS5 controller?

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #619 on: December 13, 2023, 05:30:43 AM »
i use a ps3 controller its chill
fun fun fun

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2023, 08:49:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Not entirely true with Creature. They only had one animator (none at the moment bc they keep quitting), and the guy that did most of the game's complicated programming is gone too. Not much is being done on the game's core mechanics since since they paired up with NACON unfortunately

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #621 on: December 17, 2023, 12:54:13 PM »
i love when a trick suddenly starts to klick then i do a few and then they're gone i say come back!! looking at you ss impossibles!
fun fun fun

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #622 on: December 17, 2023, 01:42:29 PM »

Made this video with some friends last month

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #623 on: December 18, 2023, 08:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not entirely true with Creature. They only had one animator (none at the moment bc they keep quitting), and the guy that did most of the game's complicated programming is gone too. Not much is being done on the game's core mechanics since since they paired up with NACON unfortunately

I mean the game industry in general has a high turnover rate... and if you have money to develop new content then you have money to hire new staff. But refining base game content and mechanics doesn't bring in microtransaction money.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #624 on: December 20, 2023, 08:49:11 AM »
I see on the Creature website that they have an animation director again, so hopefully they can keep him long enough to get updated animations. Their IG also said they have a teaser dropping on Friday... cautiously optimistic that they have some gameplay updates coming.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: December 20, 2023, 09:25:50 AM »
I see on the Creature website that they have an animation director again, so hopefully they can keep him long enough to get updated animations. Their IG also said they have a teaser dropping on Friday... cautiously optimistic that they have some gameplay updates coming.

Nice to hear. After that last new map I realize I need some new updates beyond just maps cause the gameplay itself is just too stiff for me at this point. Maybe my own custom settings kinda suck too, wouldn't be surprised if I fucked with them too far without realizing

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #626 on: December 20, 2023, 10:28:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice to hear. After that last new map I realize I need some new updates beyond just maps cause the gameplay itself is just too stiff for me at this point. Maybe my own custom settings kinda suck too, wouldn't be surprised if I fucked with them too far without realizing

It's definitely stiff overall, but having the physical animations turned on in the experimental menu can help a bit. That and playing with your truck tightness + turn settings. I noticed some people's settings make turning weird and twitchy, which just looks terrible.

WPG

« Reply #627 on: December 22, 2023, 10:12:40 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1KbfDUu0AA/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Cali school map coming out, happy to see real spots make a comeback
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #628 on: December 22, 2023, 11:46:28 AM »

looks dope. hope they do some bank to benches and the Adams bump

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 65
« Reply #629 on: December 24, 2023, 12:16:03 PM »

This is the sort of Map addition I was looking forward to!
Excellent, Carlsbad, El Toro, HH16 all will be good fun to skate with this games' mechanics.
I needed an excuse to get back into it after spending about 100hrs with it this year.