Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 565913 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3660 on: December 17, 2019, 12:05:06 PM »
Thanks for the info, iKobrakai. I’ve always had a love for games like Sekiro. Just hadn’t found a good enough reason to buy it. Might wait until after Christmas and see what’s good.

No problemo.

By the way, right now I'm stuck. Boss A is hard as fuck. Boss B has a fuckton of minions. Boss C is too early to tackle. So, I'be pretty pissed if I payed money for this. If you have not bought it yet, wait for a sale, because as of now I just want to toss the fucking disc out of the window. I'll get back during the weekend, most likely.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3661 on: December 18, 2019, 07:29:02 AM »
Honestly, that's my experience with most games of that style. I play with a scavenger mindset, so I tend to just get absolutely fucking lost in the environment looking for literally anything that could help me in the long run.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #3662 on: December 20, 2019, 12:19:38 PM »
I forgot to mention it on here but a few months ago I finally beat the original Shinobi arcade machine in an actual arcade. At age 43.

Life goals.

(Continued once though)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:29:55 AM by Willie »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3663 on: December 21, 2019, 05:57:43 AM »
Just hopped on GTA online for the first time in a while just because of the snow. Really the only time I enjoy it at this point.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3664 on: December 22, 2019, 08:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Thanks for the info, iKobrakai. I’ve always had a love for games like Sekiro. Just hadn’t found a good enough reason to buy it. Might wait until after Christmas and see what’s good.
[close]

No problemo.

By the way, right now I'm stuck. Boss A is hard as fuck. Boss B has a fuckton of minions. Boss C is too early to tackle. So, I'be pretty pissed if I payed money for this. If you have not bought it yet, wait for a sale, because as of now I just want to toss the fucking disc out of the window. I'll get back during the weekend, most likely.

I'm playing Sekiro again after some Dark Souls 3.

Honestly, the first play through of Sekiro is the hardest, by far. Once you have a full health bar, 10 gourds, a few of the more useful prosthetics, and know generally what to do it's a lot easier. NG++ is a comparative breeze and you can skip nearly everything but the main bosses.

Tips: A few mini bosses like the Headless and Shichimen warrior you should wait until the endgame to bother with.

Aside for a handful of exceptions, nearly every mini boss can be taken down one bar with a stealth attack. Take advantage of that.

Dodge is mostly worthless compared to Dark Souls - there are only a few spots where you want to use it. Parry, mikiri counter, run, or jump. If you need to heal, run to put some distance between you and the enemy.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 11:24:48 AM by Willie »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3665 on: December 22, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »
Psychonauts, finally. Should've sought it out back in the day. And actually check out what Tim Schafer and co. had been doing between Full Throttle and the Cave.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3666 on: December 22, 2019, 04:07:05 PM »
Just hopped on GTA online for the first time in a while just because of the snow. Really the only time I enjoy it at this point.

What platform are you playing it on?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3667 on: December 22, 2019, 05:13:31 PM »
Loaded up RDR2 for the first time since finishing it, forgot the controls and shot a guy at a poker table. Closed it back down immediately. I think I should replay from the beginning

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #3668 on: December 22, 2019, 06:19:23 PM »
Have had the time to finally play Pokémon Sword. Not bad as I’m coming from Alpha Sapphire
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #3669 on: December 23, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »
Star wars fallen order. I rarely play video games and wanted something wholesome. Playing in Story Mode now and it's fun, keeps the mind occupied. MIL is in town, we don't speak the same language, will be playing for the entire time she's here.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #3670 on: December 23, 2019, 09:33:32 AM »
the devil
mArLeY

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3671 on: December 25, 2019, 05:23:43 AM »
Rented la noire remaster and finished it. My girlfriend actually really liked it so she played a ton of it with me. Not  a bad game but also very little to do outside of the actual investigations, which get pretty monotonous after a while. The open world aspect is just kind of dead. Had fun though but unless you really like detective shit and noire films I wouldn't recommend it.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3672 on: December 25, 2019, 06:12:34 AM »
Rented la noire remaster and finished it. My girlfriend actually really liked it so she played a ton of it with me. Not  a bad game but also very little to do outside of the actual investigations, which get pretty monotonous after a while. The open world aspect is just kind of dead. Had fun though but unless you really like detective shit and noire films I wouldn't recommend it.

Found a ps3 version at goodwill and have been working through it recently.
I originally put it down years ago cause I was impatient and it was not GTA or Max Payne.

Enjoying it now though.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3673 on: December 25, 2019, 08:39:36 AM »
Having fun playing Red Dead 2 but the story is a bit annoying.

"Hey Dutch you think we should be doing this?"
"Arthur you must have faith in me, all we need is this last score."

(Robbery goes wrong, repeat 10x)

I have more fun doing the side stuff. Fuck Dutch, I know he's gonna fuck me over in the end.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3674 on: December 25, 2019, 07:59:26 PM »
This has been Red Dead online for me so far. Just like 50mm said in the previous post the single player story can be tedious, so online is what I've mostly been playing so far.

shucknjive

« Reply #3675 on: December 25, 2019, 08:05:38 PM »
free finley
mArLeY

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3676 on: December 26, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »
Contra 3 on the SNES.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

shucknjive

« Reply #3677 on: December 26, 2019, 12:45:24 PM »
we all got a Nintendo Switch w/ Zelda
mArLeY

Audrey II

• Rep: 14188
« Reply #3678 on: December 26, 2019, 04:57:20 PM »
Killer queen black, really fun game. If you have friends to play with it’s awesome, communication is kinda key even though the goals are simple.

You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3679 on: December 27, 2019, 04:39:56 AM »
Alright, I got into Sekiro again. Some progress, at last. Some bosses are just relentless... I need something to play inbetween my attempt, Sekiro is just to gnarly to play full time.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3680 on: December 27, 2019, 06:56:11 AM »
Playing the newish God Of War I bought myself for Christmas.

It’s pretty enjoyable. I don’t think the combat is super great and the piss-off-mom gore is kinda cringey but it’s been a while since I’ve played a non-Fromsoft game where you steadily progress without major roadblocks and get to take in the scenery. Q

Yu Dum

« Reply #3681 on: December 27, 2019, 08:33:39 AM »
My wife got me a Switch for Christmas along with Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening Collectors Edition and a $20 Nintendo market giftcard. Ended up buying Cuphead since it was only $16 after tax. Both incredible games.

Link's Awakening is seriously beefed up from the Gameboy version. Graphics aside...the enemies are tougher and it just feels like a brand new game again.
Can't wait to get my hands on BOTW and Smash Ultimate.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #3682 on: December 27, 2019, 04:19:43 PM »
Just started Star Wars: Fallen Order. I've never played a Souls-like game so I am very bad.

hmmmokay

« Reply #3683 on: December 27, 2019, 05:30:19 PM »
Just started playing Control. Looking forward to where the game goes, it seems really cool.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #3684 on: December 29, 2019, 03:54:08 AM »
Just started playing Control. Looking forward to where the game goes, it seems really cool.

I've put it down the past week since I don't want it to end! Definitely my favorite game of the year. Love all that conspiracy/urban legend shit, and the whole creepy shifting/never ending rooms stuff like in the book, house of leaves. Great game.

Playing Mega Man 11 right now, about half way through, and I'm surprised at how good it is. Never played any of the other ones between 7 and this one. So far 11 is not the best MM game but I'm enjoying it. I've always like the series though. 2 and 3 the most, but damn I forgot how much I like that little dude. Fun yet challenging platformers. I feel like most people I ask don't seem to care for the series all that much, but I have played them a bunch as a kid upto around 7. Got the legacy pack on PSN sale also so I have the first 6 as well. Stoked!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3685 on: December 29, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »
Had a dig through the ps now list,  ton of racing simulations and uncharted4 were on the list of games played so far...I’ve had it for years now and it’s finally worth it

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #3686 on: December 29, 2019, 07:15:36 PM »
UFC undisputed 3.  I bought a 360 a few weeks ago so I could play sports games over the winter time.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3687 on: December 29, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »
Bought Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild today and oh my fucking god it’s better than I could have imagined. Such a beautifully massive game.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #3688 on: December 30, 2019, 05:51:56 AM »
Bought Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild today and oh my fucking god it’s better than I could have imagined. Such a beautifully massive game.
Welcome to winter.

Enjoy

Yu Dum

« Reply #3689 on: December 30, 2019, 11:49:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Welcome to winter.

Enjoy
I seriously underestimated just how massive and immersive this game is. I've already beaten two of the Goddess Trials and have SO MUCH ground to cover to get to the next few. Lowkey wishing I had brought it with me to work today...but, my wife wanted to play Bendy & The Ink Machine since she's off today.