Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237050 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1410 on: October 30, 2021, 09:31:11 PM »
Welcome Principal Solid Color Elastic Pants, Magic Forest color - got them on sale for $52. Not my usual fit but I wanted non-jeans for more room + elastic waist/string (if you know of more let me know, ideally a 99%cotton 1% spandex type deal). Sorry lots of pics.

I'm 183lbs (today), 5'10"/31"ish inseam + muscular quads and calves so I can't do skinny or regular - these are a size SM (I had tried the medium, fucking huuuuge) - These are 97% Cotton 3% spandex, so a bit of stretch to them, but plenty or room, they are on the thicker side/heavier weight size so great for fall. No cuff, they hang/sit perfectly...but one wash in cold, and a medium tumble dry and they shrunk in length like a mother fucker. Total highwaters now. HAD I READ THE FUCKING TAG it clearly states to not tumble dry them at all. oh well. buyer beware.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 10:04:23 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1411 on: October 31, 2021, 12:44:15 PM »
I'm washing them in HOT and going to Tumble dry on HIGH AS FUCK to see how small I can get them now, maybe one of my kids can wear them.

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #1412 on: October 31, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »
Welcome Principal Solid Color Elastic Pants, Magic Forest color - got them on sale for $52. Not my usual fit but I wanted non-jeans for more room + elastic waist/string (if you know of more let me know, ideally a 99%cotton 1% spandex type deal). Sorry lots of pics.

I'm 183lbs (today), 5'10"/31"ish inseam + muscular quads and calves so I can't do skinny or regular - these are a size SM (I had tried the medium, fucking huuuuge) - These are 97% Cotton 3% spandex, so a bit of stretch to them, but plenty or room, they are on the thicker side/heavier weight size so great for fall. No cuff, they hang/sit perfectly...but one wash in cold, and a medium tumble dry and they shrunk in length like a mother fucker. Total highwaters now. HAD I READ THE FUCKING TAG it clearly states to not tumble dry them at all. oh well. buyer beware.

Came here to say these don't qualify for this thread, but sounds like you wanted them bigger but ruined them with the dryer. I'm going to say that you shouldn't put anything in the dryer that you care about, except towels and sheets. We have one at home and i won't even put my sheets in it unless i absolutely have to. That thing is the worst for your clothes.

Also, the medium probably would have been fine, maybe you're just not used to seeing yourself in baggy pants? If you're coming from slim or relaxed, it takes a bit of getting used to, seeing those big pants in the mirror
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1413 on: October 31, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Came here to say these don't qualify for this thread, but sounds like you wanted them bigger but ruined them with the dryer. I'm going to say that you shouldn't put anything in the dryer that you care about, except towels and sheets. We have one at home and i won't even put my sheets in it unless i absolutely have to. That thing is the worst for your clothes.

Also, the medium probably would have been fine, maybe you're just not used to seeing yourself in baggy pants? If you're coming from slim or relaxed, it takes a bit of getting used to, seeing those big pants in the mirror

I did indeed fuck them up by not reading the label. That's on me. Perhaps someone interested on them will glean some useful information from the post. Moving on...

As the title of the thread suggests we're talking loose fit, doesn't say 'oversized' or 'baggy' or 'MC Hammer-like but loose. Which these are (pic is medium btw but they were too big in the waist or I would have just cut to length): https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Welcome_Principal_Twill_Pants/descpage-WCPTEPT.html?from=gshop&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_fiLBhDOARIsAF4khR2XNCVtSAwnftGct61tFbDKJiQhJipBYZu_ry6KCDM0eSw7H2BOczsaAuEpEALw_wcB

Pretty holier than thou/highly condescending post. It's great that you have a dryer, and sheets at home. It's also greatly appreciated you taking the time out just to drop by with your 'loose fit' qualifications standards. Kudos.

What does me [you assumed here and are uninformed] not being used to seeing myself in baggy clothes have to do with anything if I was happy with the fit before I fucked them up? You got one thing right, Mediums would have been fine...after shrinking.

Anyway, I, too, have sheets and a dryer (both fucking rad, am I right?). I'm also quite versed in high quality fabrics and care; including high-end workout gear (that can also be instantly fucked in 5 min. med heated dryer) / casual wear, synthetics, cotton, silks, and wool to a few hundo+ selvedge denim (that I don't wash or dry ever). I guess  you hang your sheets on a clothes-line then (serious question, not stirring up shit)? I couldn't be bothered with that shit.

One thing is clear, we have different expectations of pant care for pants that one actually uses to, dare I say, skate in, perhaps you were thinking this thread only pertains to loose fit casual/street wear?

If I have to wash $65 skate pants inside out, cold only, hang them dry, can't dry clean (exact label specs btw), and have touch my nose and spin three times to care for them properly, when they are going to get fucked on session one, I don't want them; street/casual wear is is a total different story but I didn't buy these with that in mind.

That all said they are great feeling and fitting pants provided you don't put them in the fucking dryer - now to get a pair in large and shrink them down so I don't have to worry about them ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 03:05:10 PM by Xen »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1414 on: October 31, 2021, 06:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I did indeed fuck them up by not reading the label. That's on me. Perhaps someone interested on them will glean some useful information from the post. Moving on...

As the title of the thread suggests we're talking loose fit, doesn't say 'oversized' or 'baggy' or 'MC Hammer-like but loose. Which these are (pic is medium btw but they were too big in the waist or I would have just cut to length): https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Welcome_Principal_Twill_Pants/descpage-WCPTEPT.html?from=gshop&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_fiLBhDOARIsAF4khR2XNCVtSAwnftGct61tFbDKJiQhJipBYZu_ry6KCDM0eSw7H2BOczsaAuEpEALw_wcB

Pretty holier than thou/highly condescending post. It's great that you have a dryer, and sheets at home. It's also greatly appreciated you taking the time out just to drop by with your 'loose fit' qualifications standards. Kudos.

What does me [you assumed here and are uninformed] not being used to seeing myself in baggy clothes have to do with anything if I was happy with the fit before I fucked them up? You got one thing right, Mediums would have been fine...after shrinking.

Anyway, I, too, have sheets and a dryer (both fucking rad, am I right?). I'm also quite versed in high quality fabrics and care; including high-end workout gear (that can also be instantly fucked in 5 min. med heated dryer) / casual wear, synthetics, cotton, silks, and wool to a few hundo+ selvedge denim (that I don't wash or dry ever). I guess  you hang your sheets on a clothes-line then (serious question, not stirring up shit)? I couldn't be bothered with that shit.

One thing is clear, we have different expectations of pant care for pants that one actually uses to, dare I say, skate in, perhaps you were thinking this thread only pertains to loose fit casual/street wear?

If I have to wash $65 skate pants inside out, cold only, hang them dry, can't dry clean (exact label specs btw), and have touch my nose and spin three times to care for them properly, when they are going to get fucked on session one, I don't want them; street/casual wear is is a total different story but I didn't buy these with that in mind.

That all said they are great feeling and fitting pants provided you don't put them in the fucking dryer - now to get a pair in large and shrink them down so I don't have to worry about them ;)
Firstly, thanks for this wonderful reply, it made my day.

I think we just have very different ideas of loose fit. I'd call those a relaxed fit at best. I hope you find a good home for these and that shrinking down a bigger size works out for you
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1415 on: October 31, 2021, 07:25:19 PM »
Glad I made your day.

FWIW Welcome puts them as 'baggy relaxed' - SW 'Regular straight fit' (as if), so point to you on relaxed, but come on..when talking about skinny/slim/regular/relaxed/ where does baggy or loose come into play? All fucking around aside, you are fond of the Polar surf pants, you consider them loose, to me, they're baggy due to the long inseam so they stack (where as the Welcomes are a shorter inseam), both with wide hip width and low crotches and tapers.

I think you are looking at my size choice compared to how the pants are actually made to fit (hence you suggesting mediums would have been fine, by your definition). The pants are indeed loose, I just chose to keep the fit less fashion over form.

https://usa.polarskateco.com/products/surf-pants-black-1
https://welcomeskateboards.com/collections/pants/products/principal-elastic-waist-pant-magic-forest
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 08:36:00 PM by Xen »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1416 on: November 01, 2021, 04:32:43 AM »
Glad I made your day.

FWIW Welcome puts them as 'baggy relaxed' - SW 'Regular straight fit' (as if), so point to you on relaxed, but come on..when talking about skinny/slim/regular/relaxed/ where does baggy or loose come into play? All fucking around aside, you are fond of the Polar surf pants, you consider them loose, to me, they're baggy due to the long inseam so they stack (where as the Welcomes are a shorter inseam), both with wide hip width and low crotches and tapers.

I think you are looking at my size choice compared to how the pants are actually made to fit (hence you suggesting mediums would have been fine, by your definition). The pants are indeed loose, I just chose to keep the fit less fashion over form.

https://welcomeskateboards.com/collections/pants/products/principal-elastic-waist-pant-magic-forest
I'd say it goes relaxed, then loose, then baggy?
those pants are nice, look a lot like the surf pants but a better length.
Good point about the sizing, I'd probably need a L at least.
Also, you're right, that was condescending earlier, and I apologise.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1417 on: November 01, 2021, 10:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Glad I made your day.

[close]
I'd say it goes relaxed, then loose, then baggy?
those pants are nice, look a lot like the surf pants but a better length.
Good point about the sizing, I'd probably need a L at least.
Also, you're right, that was condescending earlier, and I apologise.

All good man. I'm just trying to find some fucking loose pants to skate in and I'm pissed I fucked up those welcomes - but FFS that's A LOT of care for a pair of pants; I've got some expensive dress/work and gym gear that require less fucking effort than those things.

I looked at the surf pants too, but they seemed way too long, I would have cut them for sure, not bothered with tailoring them (especially for skating). They seem a bit baggier (thigh width) than I want. What's the care for them?

Also, the Welcome's have a really fucking nice sheen to them (hence the need to wash inside out). I soaked them in hot water, finished the wash cycle, then nuked the fuck out of them on high in the dryer, teen kid sized now.

Picked up these in a few big sizes. cheap. (easy returns if they suck):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V87J642/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wear these as casual shit, errands and such, but they are a very athletic cut so I boosted up 2 sizes, easy returns as well; much more than I want to spend on skate pants tho...they're really nice pants tho.

https://byltbasics.com/collections/pants/products/bylt-pant?variant=31312903045222

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #1418 on: November 01, 2021, 06:21:58 PM »
Holy shit both of them are tight. The second ones are SUPER tight.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #1419 on: November 01, 2021, 06:26:39 PM »
The Tiago’s are too baggy. I never thought I’d ever say that. Around the thighs they are MASSIVE and don’t tapper much. If they were the same style cut as Big Boys they would be full JNCO fr

You can’t really tell buy photos but I catch my reflection and think “these look silly” lol

Jagr

• Rep: 117
« Reply #1420 on: November 01, 2021, 08:49:19 PM »
I just got the Dickies Franky Villani double knee cords in 36 x 27. My true waist is 32, but sizing up is especially necessary for dickies. The fit is fine, but I wish they were more tapered. That, and the cut bottoms that are supposedly made not to fray frayed really quick. Color/material is super nice tho.

Do you mean sizing up on the Villani cords is necessary like with 874s? I usually go up at least 2 if not 4 inches at the waist on 874s just because the waist sizing is so crazy. Or did you size up from 32 to 36 to get a little extra bagginess?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1421 on: November 01, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »
Holy shit both of them are tight. The second ones are SUPER tight.

I wear the mediums as casual / work pants, they are an athletic cut  (bigger thigh, and a taper), I wear a medium, so I ordered a XL and XXL to achieve what I am after (easy post office box returns).

I swear the model is wearing a small, the meds fit like you'd expect  slim or slim-regular with a taper. They don't appear skinny like that on me. It states "Model is 5'11" and is wearing a size Medium" I'm 5'10" and way more swole in the legs than that dude and the mediums still have room in them. Well see how the XL goes, will need to chop the legs. They've got this sweet almost inner thigh pocket on them, perfect for a phone and it doesn't get in the way of ollies.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 09:07:16 PM by Xen »

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #1422 on: November 02, 2021, 05:13:23 AM »
Anyone skated the Louie Lopez Mens Tapered Denim Pant?
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1423 on: November 02, 2021, 05:57:34 AM »
any pals in here able to point me in the direction of a pair of elastic waist cords, preferably with a drawstring?  i stumbled upon these levis quick release pants but they dont seem to be sold in the US and im looking to spend less than $100 lol

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1424 on: November 02, 2021, 06:06:25 AM »
any pals in here able to point me in the direction of a pair of elastic waist cords, preferably with a drawstring?  i stumbled upon these levis quick release pants but they dont seem to be sold in the US and im looking to spend less than $100 lol

https://www.paradeworld.com/product/krooked-eyes-corduroy-pants-green-276-41016649679008/

shawngreg

« Reply #1425 on: November 02, 2021, 06:16:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.paradeworld.com/product/krooked-eyes-corduroy-pants-green-276-41016649679008/

hahaha awesome, i should have mentioned i was just looking for black or brown.  i wonder if i could dye these

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1426 on: November 02, 2021, 06:33:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hahaha awesome, i should have mentioned i was just looking for black or brown.  i wonder if i could dye these

Can be dyed pretty easily with RIT dye. Just dont be cheap and skip the colorstay, just dye alone will wash out over time. The colorstay will increase the color longevity.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1427 on: November 02, 2021, 01:17:05 PM »

CCS easy fit cords would work for you. Like $60 bucks comes in brown

https://shop.ccs.com/collections/pants/products/ccs-easy-corduroy-pants-brown

shawngreg

« Reply #1428 on: November 02, 2021, 01:46:28 PM »
oh hell yeah hobochimp, nice.  thanks dude

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1429 on: November 02, 2021, 01:52:47 PM »
Picked up these in a few big sizes. cheap. (easy returns if they suck):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08V87J642/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For $30 these aren't half bad quality to skate in (95% Cotton, 5% Polyester, no spandex for that tiny bit'o'stretch) waist runs small (not even using the drawstring so you can go bigger for a baggier fit) as these a Made in China, but I'm surprised that they aren't 'typical' off amazon asian sizing (i.e. small).

I picked up a 32" (I'm normally a fitted 30/31), and they are a very relaxed regular cut, pretty sure a 34 is going to be my sweet spot, 36+ for the lot of you.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #1430 on: November 02, 2021, 02:11:17 PM »
I just ordered those purple Franky Villani cord Dickies. I hope Franky gets a good cut of my money, he deserves it.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

nevrwasben

« Reply #1431 on: November 02, 2021, 10:37:32 PM »
I'm starting my own clothing line of oversized overalls with a bum flap in the back. It's gonna be called Bungalow Dungarees or Bung Dungs for short. Because how are you supposed to take a shit when you're in the city at the spot and the bubbleguts strike? What are you gonna do, unbuckle those fuckers and take em down to your ankles in the porta-potty? You're gonna get shit flakes and piss residue all over your nice baggy overalls. Bung Dungs is the fashion forward urban couture innovation that the concrete jungle needs so bad right now. Everybody knows when you are on the verge of getting radical the urge to dump hits you like a ton of bricks. Bungalow Dungarees are the solution to the most pressing problem facing skaters today. Join the Bung Dung Army and let it rip with pride in your stride when a public bathroom is your stinky oasis in the desert of life. This ain't the 1920's and a caca stain on your overalls ain't cool, you're darn skippy I'm taking this concept to the bank. Who's with me?
Uhhhhhh….aiye aiye cap’n

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1432 on: November 03, 2021, 08:10:12 AM »
Anyone skated the Louie Lopez Mens Tapered Denim Pant?

I've only skated the cords, but the fit should be similar/identical to the jeans. I enjoyed skating in them; they felt nice and roomy. The denim is a lot lighter/breathable than Polar 93's though if that helps

nevrwasben

« Reply #1433 on: November 03, 2021, 05:53:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm starting my own clothing line of oversized overalls with a bum flap in the back. It's gonna be called Bungalow Dungarees or Bung Dungs for short. Because how are you supposed to take a shit when you're in the city at the spot and the bubbleguts strike? What are you gonna do, unbuckle those fuckers and take em down to your ankles in the porta-potty? You're gonna get shit flakes and piss residue all over your nice baggy overalls. Bung Dungs is the fashion forward urban couture innovation that the concrete jungle needs so bad right now. Everybody knows when you are on the verge of getting radical the urge to dump hits you like a ton of bricks. Bungalow Dungarees are the solution to the most pressing problem facing skaters today. Join the Bung Dung Army and let it rip with pride in your stride when a public bathroom is your stinky oasis in the desert of life. This ain't the 1920's and a caca stain on your overalls ain't cool, you're darn skippy I'm taking this concept to the bank. Who's with me?
[close]
Uhhhhhh….aiye aiye cap’n
[close]
Ahoy Matey. You just gave me a great idea, women's bum flap overalls with 'THAR SHE BLOWS' embroidered on the butt. This idea is gonna take off like hotcakes laced with methamphetamine
Great idea Cappy!
Nutritious and delicious!!
Wait, whaaaa??

nevrwasben

« Reply #1434 on: November 03, 2021, 09:15:00 PM »
Back to the subject at hand.
Nobody bit last time I mentioned, so throwing it back out there again.
For those of you that want a nice relaxed/tapered fit without getting in the Big Boy territory, Levi’s 541 a size or 2 up is nice.
Black overdye color way 1 sz up (36 —> 38) is nice for me. Had another color (dark grey) that was too slim/tapered, so be careful ordering online…

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1435 on: November 04, 2021, 09:51:49 AM »
Quasi just dropped their corduroy version of the utility pant. Can’t wait to get my hands on some. If anyone has a link hit a brotha up

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 10:12:53 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #1437 on: November 04, 2021, 10:52:00 AM »
I'm all in on this cord comeback.

europa1991

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1438 on: November 04, 2021, 11:16:39 AM »
Just wanted to say that if anyone can find a pair of these either at a reasonable price or in their size, definitely look into getting the Carhartt WIP Alder pants. I went one size up and they fit perfectly. Nice relaxed taper fit, not wide but not on some Uniqlo slim straight leg shit either. Almost like Surf pants but made with stone washed twill.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1439 on: November 04, 2021, 11:30:21 AM »