Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65809 times)

Bristol_Palin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1950 on: May 05, 2024, 07:10:35 AM »
My session window is 8-10 but I needed to exchange my propane tank for my grill so that would have to cut into my session, plus I knew I wanted to take a walk on the beach in this window. First time skating a more rounded board instead of a squarer board in years. I had to relearn 360 flips. Also skating brand new 58mm 93a spitfires. I really like them. I didn't really do many ledge tricks besides 5050s, a couple backside nose slides and one nolle back lip. I did manage to film myself a little cause I was solo at the skate park. Wallrides still feel good like every try. I tried 2 frontside ones and I was close but I'm not going to ruin my whole skate window trying them so if a trick doesn't work I move to the next. I got a kid and a wife that would be bummed if I skated all day instead of playing with them. So this was all before 10 am. I don’t skate enough with all the life stuff but it’s never not fun.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 07:25:18 AM by Bristol_Palin »

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #1951 on: May 05, 2024, 06:44:12 PM »
Had coffee with my wife while I skated a parking block near some pickle ball courts. I ate shit on a slappy, old people played pickleball, the coffee was excellent and my wife got to see why I wear wrist guards all the time.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1952 on: May 06, 2024, 05:21:06 AM »
Yesterday did my first Ollie in 2 months. It hurt but less than expected. This recovery sucks but at least it seems going somewhere but way too slow.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crust

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1953 on: May 06, 2024, 05:28:14 AM »
Arrived at the park, full of very young children using it as a playground while their parents occasionally look over from the park benches. Made the most of the areas of the park not littered with kids

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
« Reply #1954 on: May 06, 2024, 07:17:42 AM »
My last session on the angle iron box at the diy was going great. Landed a bunch of tricks, some I hadn't done in a little while. I was about to end the sesh on a really good back smith. I took a rip from my vape, cooled off a little bit and then thought: "I haven't done a fakie 5-0 today. I'll do one real quick". It's usually pretty easy for me. I almost do it first try, I'm thinking: "I definitely got it second T, then I'm going home". Well on the second go I whiff the pop and miss the box entirely. My left leg bashes into the angle iron and I slam hard on my right hand. Luckily my wrist was good, but I got a real nice shinner on my left leg now. Been about a year since my last bad shinner so I was due. I had to get greedy with "one last trick" tho lol.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1955 on: Today at 09:39:06 PM »
I arrived and this kooky motherfucker with a loud speaker was rapping about vaccines, inflation, government controlling the population, Jesus being our savior, AI controlling us, Elon Musk controlling us, and all sorts of kooky nonsense.

I was fucking pissed as I had driven 30 minutes and just wanted to enjoy the park on my day off. I yelled at him to shut the fuck up. He kept rapping for another hour. It was absolutely infuriatingly annoying.

He was also trying to bribe Russian speaking children with stickers, skateboards, and other shit. It was absolutely beyond annoying.

I think he was super pissed that I yelled at him to shut the fuck up and could sort of interact with the kids in their own language.

On the plus side, one of the kids was super stoked on skateboarding, wanted to show me his kickflip attempts, and was stoked that I had lived in his home country (former Soviet Republic) and I can sort of speak his native language.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?