Author Topic: What are you eating right now?  (Read 434693 times)

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #3930 on: March 23, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »
Scored a bunch of Vega vegan protein powder for hell cheap from a local warehouse that resells stuff returned to Amazon. Made a banana strawberry protein shake. It's pretty good! Not too chalky.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3931 on: March 24, 2022, 06:53:39 AM »
Beans. Garbanzo beans and Thia red curry.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3932 on: March 24, 2022, 09:13:51 AM »
French Toast Sticks. Mmmm delicious.

rhetoric

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #3933 on: March 24, 2022, 06:03:37 PM »
Tuna steaks, crab cakes, steamed butter-garlic Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -281
« Reply #3934 on: March 24, 2022, 07:38:41 PM »
Currently sitting in a pub by myself and just smashed a double cheeseburger and chips. I’m waiting for a mate to go to a hardcore show in the city.. It’s been a while between drinks for shows so super amped.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3935 on: March 24, 2022, 07:41:31 PM »
Currently sitting in a pub by myself and just smashed a double cheeseburger and chips. I’m waiting for a mate to go to a hardcore show in the city.. It’s been a while between drinks for shows so super amped.

Sounds fun as fuck.

Made two large pizzas from scratch, they turned out pretty well considering the limitations of our consumer-grade oven. 

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1425
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3936 on: March 24, 2022, 08:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds fun as fuck.

Made two large pizzas from scratch, they turned out pretty well considering the limitations of our consumer-grade oven.

you ever make em in cast iron skillets? pop those fuckers in the oven and they come up real nice. better than a pizza stone thingamajig because the cast iron is versatile and can also be used to make giant cookies... but really, they heat up so evenly and the walls of the pan cook the crust niiiiiice. ain't gonna be a "large" pizza but 2 of em are definitely enough for 2 people with a few slices left over

had some Annies boxed Mac and Cheese tonight. ketchup squirted all over it. homemade slaw with cabbage, baby radishes, avocado, ACV on the side
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3937 on: March 24, 2022, 08:16:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds fun as fuck.

[close]

you ever make em in cast iron skillets? pop those fuckers in the oven and they come up real nice. better than a pizza stone thingamajig because the cast iron is versatile and can also be used to make giant cookies... but really, they heat up so evenly and the walls of the pan cook the crust niiiiiice. ain't gonna be a "large" pizza but 2 of em are definitely enough for 2 people with a few slices left over

had some Annies boxed Mac and Cheese tonight. ketchup squirted all over it. homemade slaw with cabbage, baby radishes, avocado, ACV on the side

Oh man, yes, I've made so many cast iron pizzas. I go through pizza phases, last year was Sicilian. Cast iron pan pizza was great when we had a tiny oven. Bought a 1/4" baking steel and it's a noticeable improvement over a stone. May make a cast iron pizza with the rest of the dough tomorrow. Sounds yummy. Just wish the oven went higher than 525. Some ovens have a self-cleaning mode, and you hack the door latch so it'll stay on when opening and closing it. No such luck here.  :-\

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #3938 on: March 25, 2022, 08:11:52 AM »
Just broke a 17hr fast with two grilled chicken snack wraps from Wendy’s with half an avocado on each, followed by a 1/2 cup of plain Icelandic yogurt with 1/2 a cup of blueberries.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3939 on: March 25, 2022, 08:29:34 AM »
Just broke a 17hr fast with two grilled chicken snack wraps from Wendy’s with half an avocado on each, followed by a 1/2 cup of plain Icelandic yogurt with 1/2 a cup of blueberries.

Bet that was satisfying.

Carrots and homemade hummus.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #3940 on: March 25, 2022, 08:50:28 AM »
Tbh I dunno what I’m doing, just kinda mashing up a bunch of weight loss “superfoods”, except for the Wendy’s obvs but those wraps are pretty low cal.  Definitely get a wave of fatigue after breaking fast, but it goes away quick then I feel great.  Think I’ve lost a few lbs this week already.  Doing lots of planks and going for a walk after dinner is prob helping too.

Sorry for bringing down the vibe in here, I’ll save my bs for the Covid weight loss thread.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3941 on: March 25, 2022, 08:57:23 AM »
Tbh I dunno what I’m doing, just kinda mashing up a bunch of weight loss “superfoods”, except for the Wendy’s obvs but those wraps are pretty low cal.  Definitely get a wave of fatigue after breaking fast, but it goes away quick then I feel great.  Think I’ve lost a few lbs this week already.  Doing lots of planks and going for a walk after dinner is prob helping too.

Sorry for bringing down the vibe in here, I’ll save my bs for the Covid weight loss thread.

Nah, I love to hear it. I've been trying to cut my carb consumption lately. When I adhere to a more bean/veggie-based diet I have visible abs which is kinda cool. Sometimes I get stuck in a bread hole and the chub piles on. I've been doing some Russian Twists with a 30-pound kettlebell. Really makes the tummy muscles ache, and in turn, it feels like an appetite suppressant for some odd reason.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3942 on: March 25, 2022, 09:12:00 AM »

Friday is treat day and homeboy at work brings in 2 dozen these Vietnamese donuts. Can't.handle.sugar.but.it.hits.so.hard

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3943 on: March 25, 2022, 09:17:19 AM »

Friday is treat day and homeboy at work brings in 2 dozen these Vietnamese donuts. Can't.handle.sugar.but.it.hits.so.hard

Mmmmm, delicious!

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3944 on: March 28, 2022, 07:03:10 PM »
lentils poured on top of quinoa. splashes of braggs liquid aminos. slice of sprouted bread with Kerry gold buttah (my girlfriend likes that expensive shit)

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #3945 on: April 07, 2022, 10:13:08 AM »
Dark chocolate. Again.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #3946 on: April 07, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »
Ground lamb and kidney beans over steamed rice, with a heaping spoonful of Lao Gan Ma chili crisp on top. Love this, or really any chili oil/crisp:

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #3947 on: April 08, 2022, 10:31:37 AM »
Rice and peas with garlic and ginger and some raosted sesame oil and soy sauce. The chili crisp on top would have been a blast. Damn, should try to get some.

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #3948 on: April 08, 2022, 02:29:48 PM »
spinach florentine and jalapeno cheddar bagels from Einstein Bros, with garden vegetable schmear. Eating dairy made me think of the NYC mayor comparing cheese to heroin. It was worth it.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3949 on: April 08, 2022, 02:42:01 PM »
spinach florentine and jalapeno cheddar bagels from Einstein Bros, with garden vegetable schmear. Eating dairy made me think of the NYC mayor comparing cheese to heroin. It was worth it.

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #3950 on: April 08, 2022, 02:50:12 PM »
“Food is like a drug,” Eric Adams said. “And in fact, the studies show the same level of brain that encourages you to use drugs also addicts you to food.

“Food is addictive. You take someone on heroin, put them in one room, and someone hooked on cheese, put ’em in another room, and you take it away, I challenge you to tell me the person who’s hooked on heroin and who’s hooked on cheese.”

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #3951 on: April 08, 2022, 03:29:33 PM »
“Food is like a drug,” Eric Adams said. “And in fact, the studies show the same level of brain that encourages you to use drugs also addicts you to food.

“Food is addictive. You take someone on heroin, put them in one room, and someone hooked on cheese, put ’em in another room, and you take it away, I challenge you to tell me the person who’s hooked on heroin and who’s hooked on cheese.”

What the fuck kind of cheese does this dude eat?

Like, I for sure haven't stolen anything for my love of cheese. Nor have I sucked dick for my love of cheese.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #3952 on: April 08, 2022, 04:14:59 PM »
sounds like you only have a like of cheese

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3953 on: April 08, 2022, 08:39:51 PM »
Had a Cambodian chicken curry soup over white sticky rice. Dark meat chicken, carrots, bamboo shoots, potato (picked out eggplant and onion slices). Nice turmeric, lemon grass, chili spice flavor. Tastes as authentic as any cambodian food I've had stateside, for sure.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #3954 on: April 09, 2022, 11:18:12 AM »
Oatmeal cookies

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #3955 on: April 11, 2022, 08:48:19 AM »
Made the most bomb ass breakfast sandwiches this morning.
English muffin properly toasted and buttered
Fried egg slightly runny yolk, salt and peppered
Mild cheddar cheese melted on the egg
Plop that on the muffin
Add crispy ass turkey bacon top of that
Slight drizzel of maple syrup on top muffin
Wrap that sucker up in a foil while you finish the rest so that the whole thing gets properly steamed up.
Enjoy

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #3956 on: April 11, 2022, 09:14:21 AM »
two wheat tortilla with: cilantro rice, black beans, corn, green peppers, onions, and salsa
going to wash it down with a cup of mango Good Belly

This meal makes up for me not doing so well on a math final. Sober-me gets more utility from eating food than stoned-me.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #3957 on: April 11, 2022, 09:19:31 AM »
Pistachios. Lots and lots of pistachios.
ok thanks

hmmmokay

« Reply #3958 on: April 11, 2022, 01:00:26 PM »
Well I tried to give Chipotle a go again (on the way to work lunch) and it was eh. So now I'm eating a mini bag of Cheetos.

Is it just me or was Chipotle significantly better even 4-5 years ago? Used to be the easy go to if I didn't feel like making lunch  :(.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #3959 on: April 11, 2022, 01:40:53 PM »
Well I tried to give Chipotle a go again (on the way to work lunch) and it was eh. So now I'm eating a mini bag of Cheetos.

Is it just me or was Chipotle significantly better even 4-5 years ago? Used to be the easy go to if I didn't feel like making lunch  :(.

Im vegan so I am a big fan of its convenience, but being that I dont eat meat, the quality seems about the same as it's ever been.
ok thanks