Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584649 times)

WastedHippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4320 on: March 14, 2020, 02:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
being single in your late 30s and 40s seems awkward
[close]

I'm going to tell you what my grandfather told me

Never stop fucking John. Never get married never have kids. Fuck and Fuck and Fuck some more and move on before its too late.

You'll thank me when you're old like me.
[close]

haha this gave me a good laugh, I'd completely forgotten about this episode too hahaha

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4321 on: March 14, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
being single in your late 30s and 40s seems awkward
[close]

I'm going to tell you what my grandfather told me

Never stop fucking John. Never get married never have kids. Fuck and Fuck and Fuck some more and move on before its too late.

You'll thank me when you're old like me.
[close]

[close]

haha this gave me a good laugh, I'd completely forgotten about this episode too hahaha

This used to be Party Mountain. Hot babes, cold brews.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #4322 on: March 15, 2020, 04:37:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friend was trying to warn me about the quality of the weed he just got me being cheap but just two joints in, I'm here wondering how it's possible to sense the way SLAP posters skate from the flow and structure of their posts. Can't wait to get the even better stuff now.
[close]
I need.
[close]

My old dealer used to come up with some really good hash (talking nowadays' standards) before he had to move out of the city eventually. On a recent batch I got, I was wondering whether or not the people who don't flip their nollie hardflips just had an overall better grasp on general efficiency in life, but at the expense at some other considerations than the people who flip theirs. That entire day, my revelation was that Cairo Foster was the brightest man on the planet. I'm still owed some of that hash so I hope my dude comes through soon.
If there’s a national lockdown here in the USA I’m wondering how I’ll get my weed. I don’t know how it’ll be with driving around. Gonna have to stock up.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4323 on: March 15, 2020, 04:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friend was trying to warn me about the quality of the weed he just got me being cheap but just two joints in, I'm here wondering how it's possible to sense the way SLAP posters skate from the flow and structure of their posts. Can't wait to get the even better stuff now.
[close]
I need.
[close]

My old dealer used to come up with some really good hash (talking nowadays' standards) before he had to move out of the city eventually. On a recent batch I got, I was wondering whether or not the people who don't flip their nollie hardflips just had an overall better grasp on general efficiency in life, but at the expense at some other considerations than the people who flip theirs. That entire day, my revelation was that Cairo Foster was the brightest man on the planet. I'm still owed some of that hash so I hope my dude comes through soon.
[close]
If there’s a national lockdown here in the USA I’m wondering how I’ll get my weed. I don’t know how it’ll be with driving around. Gonna have to stock up.
  Seeds bra. And weed too for the short term.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #4324 on: March 15, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »
I've been wondering lately how many people obsess over sports because they genuinely love the sport and repping their team/home, compared to how many people love/follow sports just for the gambling opportunities.

Almost all the friends I have who love sports are always betting money on games. It's obviously common worldwide. So is the prospect of winning money the real reason why most people love sports?

I never obsess/follow teams or games, I'm a casual enjoyer. I also never bet on any of them. I'm sure if I started to put money behind it, I'd be paying way more attention in order not to lose money.

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #4325 on: March 15, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »
I've been wondering lately how many people obsess over sports because they genuinely love the sport and repping their team/home, compared to how many people love/follow sports just for the gambling opportunities.

Almost all the friends I have who love sports are always betting money on games. It's obviously common worldwide. So is the prospect of winning money the real reason why most people love sports?

I never obsess/follow teams or games, I'm a casual enjoyer. I also never bet on any of them. I'm sure if I started to put money behind it, I'd be paying way more attention in order not to lose money.
the same way we like to see men do things w/ boards, others like to see men do things w/ balls.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 955
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4326 on: March 16, 2020, 08:09:04 AM »
I sit in my studio alone tracking and tracking and I think I should just throw a cable over the beam and jump off the drum stool

I became a jack off of all arts mastering nothing and never finished anything I'm 100 behind.

I fucking blown off ever opportunity given to me.

I must like to suffer buy why?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #4327 on: March 19, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »
Is it common for companies to pay artists to subtly include their brand name in the lyrics? Would be a pretty great way to advertise. Like imagine if that despacito guy shouted out pepsi in that despacito song. People would be drinking so much pepsi

I had to try and explain skateboarding to someone yesterday, and compared it to music (the most technically gifted singer might not be the one who's songs you want to listen to, or something like that). Then started pondering about how weird it would be if one of the primary functions of a song was to advertise shit, like how it is for skate parts, which led me to ponder the question
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 04:02:03 PM by Hevonen »

lady fanny

« Reply #4328 on: March 19, 2020, 01:50:21 PM »
Is it common for companies to pay artists to subtly include their brand name in the lyrics? Would be a pretty great way to advertise. Like imagine if that despacito guy shouted out pepsi in that despacito song. People would be drinking so much pepsi

I had to try and explain skateboarding to someone yesterday, and compared it to music (the most technically gifted singer might not be the one who's songs you want to listen to, or something like that). Then started pondering about how weird it would be if one the primary functions of a song was to advertise shit, like how it is for skate parts, which led me to ponder the question
Suicidal Tendencies tried that but they wouldn't give it to him.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4329 on: March 25, 2020, 08:50:17 PM »
I bet zeppelin pilots dread having to tell people at parties what they do for a living because if one more person immediately brings up Led Zeppelin as if they are the first one to ever make that connection, they’re going to explode.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #4330 on: March 25, 2020, 09:12:50 PM »
What’s life gonna be like after this ?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #4331 on: March 25, 2020, 09:31:32 PM »

Looks like a deeper more Digital future yo

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #4332 on: March 25, 2020, 09:48:07 PM »

I wonder if we'll get through this. Not gonna lie, seeing the amount of non-compliance in the US alone (e.g. Mississippi Gov signing an executive order to ignore all "Safe in Place" orders by counties, Spring Breakers, Mega Churches still congregating) makes me doubt our ability to get through this. And my wife is a nurse. Knowing she's out there helping people who don't even want to help themselves has left me riddled with anxiety.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1490
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4333 on: March 25, 2020, 10:31:24 PM »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4334 on: March 28, 2020, 09:21:16 PM »
Would fakie 360’s still be named after Steve Caballero if his name happened to be Steve Hitler?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
« Reply #4335 on: March 28, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »
Would fakie 360’s still be named after Steve Caballero if his name happened to be Steve Hitler?

It would be called a Full Hitler, because a Hitler-Ariel does not roll off the tongue, but in a contest they would call it a fakie 360, but we would know what the trick is actually called, like a gay twist.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4336 on: March 29, 2020, 05:52:36 PM »
Hitlair

lady fanny

« Reply #4337 on: March 29, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »
Hitlair
and if it's a big one, heil hitlair
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4338 on: March 30, 2020, 07:22:00 AM »
I bet zeppelin pilots dread having to tell people at parties what they do for a living because if one more person immediately brings up Led Zeppelin as if they are the first one to ever make that connection, they’re going to explode.

hydrogen gas is not used anymore.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #4339 on: March 31, 2020, 12:27:48 PM »
Wearing some real deep vneck tshirts this summer, in tribute to Mark Gutterman's 411 part

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #4340 on: March 31, 2020, 08:57:20 PM »
if i did a switch nose manny fs 180 out (nose manny bs 180 mirrored) i would be doing the best manual trick i've ever done, but a trick i've never seen done well or in any sort of progressive way.nobody does them.  it hasn't boiled down to switch nose manny 180s yet. give it ten years, probably

also who has had a noteable nose manny bs 180? i love that trick, i can't think of one in any skate video
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4341 on: April 02, 2020, 09:25:58 PM »
My old boss text me today about an opening in the online school she works at. It seems like it's a lot of paper work and I would be working from home. I'm having second thoughts and anxiety about applying to it. Currently I work for an after school program I'm an elementary school and I love it. Granted I could use a pay raise and more hours.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #4342 on: April 04, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
Did 5inchdick ever get over Merks?

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #4343 on: April 06, 2020, 05:04:08 AM »
What part of my presence gives newhires the mentality that it's alright to call me buddy
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #4344 on: April 06, 2020, 02:45:00 PM »
Daydreaming about smoking hookah poolside at this amapiano show

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #4345 on: April 06, 2020, 11:55:55 PM »
What part of my presence gives newhires the mentality that it's alright to call me buddy

hahah i had a guy at work like 5 years younger than me start calling me champ and it didnt sit right with me

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4346 on: April 07, 2020, 07:34:41 AM »
I really wish I got to go to space camp