Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 581114 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4290 on: February 27, 2020, 03:54:52 PM »
being single in your late 30s and 40s seems awkward
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Yu Dum

« Reply #4291 on: February 27, 2020, 05:42:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really want to go back to skating vulcanized shoes, but the lack of padding and any impact support has me apprehensive. I miss the way my tricks felt when skating Cons CTAS Pros, but they were really starting to hurt the balls of my feet especially when the Lunarlon started to flatten out. :( What's a boy to do, Pals? Just get some orthopedic insoles and give it a whirl?
[close]

a set of FPs is all you need chief.
[close]
Are they really that good?? I've been curious about them since their inception.
[close]

I think they are.
my buddy had been telling me to get some insoles for years but i was skeptical. I had a really thin pair of State vulcs and my feet were aching after every skate, I saw a pair of FPs going half price so i thought fuck it and got 'em and i shit you not man, i went from sore feet skating flat to jumping down stairs again.
Alright. You sold me. I’m gonna cop some with this next paycheck.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4292 on: February 27, 2020, 08:38:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Whenever you take off on a run and you comeback to the smell of your favorite food being cooked but not offered?

I mean am I wrong to feel a bit butthurt especially if it’s my food being cooked.

It seems like they waited for me to leave and if I say anything about it like hey I am glad y’all made food for yourselves off my shit buttttttt not leave me anything or offer?!
[close]
i thought it was just people on here who couldn't stand you. but in all seriousness, you get back the vibes you put out so maybe you made everyone nervous and scared to ask for food but when you leave they get to eat. house guest is an awkward place to be in.
My flatmates are inconsiderate jerkass’s. If you buy food and someone eats it you know damn well either cook for the owner or replace what you use.

As far as people who can’t stand me on here, I don’t give a fuck, As if anyone on here kicks it with each other.

Dueces Bitch's

lady fanny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -52
« Reply #4293 on: February 27, 2020, 09:36:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whenever you take off on a run and you comeback to the smell of your favorite food being cooked but not offered?

I mean am I wrong to feel a bit butthurt especially if it’s my food being cooked.

It seems like they waited for me to leave and if I say anything about it like hey I am glad y’all made food for yourselves off my shit buttttttt not leave me anything or offer?!
[close]
i thought it was just people on here who couldn't stand you. but in all seriousness, you get back the vibes you put out so maybe you made everyone nervous and scared to ask for food but when you leave they get to eat. house guest is an awkward place to be in.
[close]
My flatmates are inconsiderate jerkass’s. If you buy food and someone eats it you know damn well either cook for the owner or replace what you use.

As far as people who can’t stand me on here, I don’t give a fuck, As if anyone on here kicks it with each other.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4294 on: February 28, 2020, 12:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really want to go back to skating vulcanized shoes, but the lack of padding and any impact support has me apprehensive. I miss the way my tricks felt when skating Cons CTAS Pros, but they were really starting to hurt the balls of my feet especially when the Lunarlon started to flatten out. :( What's a boy to do, Pals? Just get some orthopedic insoles and give it a whirl?
[close]

a set of FPs is all you need chief.
[close]
Are they really that good?? I've been curious about them since their inception.
[close]

I think they are.
my buddy had been telling me to get some insoles for years but i was skeptical. I had a really thin pair of State vulcs and my feet were aching after every skate, I saw a pair of FPs going half price so i thought fuck it and got 'em and i shit you not man, i went from sore feet skating flat to jumping down stairs again.
[close]
Alright. You sold me. I’m gonna cop some with this next paycheck.

i hope they work as good for you as they did fo rme

Saint Coke

« Reply #4295 on: February 28, 2020, 07:31:09 PM »
Should I learn 5-0's next or smith grinds? Currently working on my grind game on a little curb but the roll up sucks. all crackly and stuff.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4296 on: February 28, 2020, 10:49:07 PM »
crazy conspiratorial thought but maybe the novel coronavirus was concocted by the trump administration for various political reasons.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #4297 on: February 29, 2020, 12:48:49 AM »
crazy conspiratorial thought but maybe the novel coronavirus was concocted by the trump administration for various political reasons.

Last thing they want is a tanking economy.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #4298 on: February 29, 2020, 02:56:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Last thing they want is a tanking economy.

Whoever wins the next election has been behind it all. That's how these things go right?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4299 on: February 29, 2020, 03:53:23 AM »
anyone remember which bsides video has the one of the filmer bailing and just destroying the camera? think it was one of the emerica ones but my memory is slipping

hmmmokay

« Reply #4300 on: February 29, 2020, 04:34:52 AM »
anyone remember which bsides video has the one of the filmer bailing and just destroying the camera? think it was one of the emerica ones but my memory is slipping

The only one that comes to mind is Daniel Wheatley in the beginning of Jon Scianos “The Flare” part.  I could’ve sworn they put out a bside of his part but I couldn’t find it.

lady fanny

« Reply #4301 on: February 29, 2020, 05:11:30 AM »
China to stop the Hong Kong protests
Lady Fanny from Omaha

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4302 on: February 29, 2020, 05:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The only one that comes to mind is Daniel Wheatley in the beginning of Jon Scianos “The Flare” part.  I could’ve sworn they put out a bside of his part but I couldn’t find it.

nah i don't think it was that given i haven't seen the flare and i think the one i'm remembering was earlier than that. think it may have been a static cam/second angle that captures the filmer just tumbling into the frame but i could be wrong.

hmmmokay

« Reply #4303 on: February 29, 2020, 06:54:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nah i don't think it was that given i haven't seen the flare and i think the one i'm remembering was earlier than that. think it may have been a static cam/second angle that captures the filmer just tumbling into the frame but i could be wrong.

Don't know why I didn't just google it earlier instead of going straight to youtube.

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/extra-flare-jon-sciano/

@ 3:50 is the clip I was thinking of.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4304 on: February 29, 2020, 07:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't know why I didn't just google it earlier instead of going straight to youtube.

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/extra-flare-jon-sciano/

@ 3:50 is the clip I was thinking of.

shit that was infact the one i was thinking of, many thanks + gnars

Dr Dew

« Reply #4305 on: February 29, 2020, 08:31:37 AM »
Should I learn 5-0's next or smith grinds? Currently working on my grind game on a little curb but the roll up sucks. all crackly and stuff.

for me, 5-0's are prerequisites to smiths.. so 5-0's first!  :D

i wanna learn nollie back 5-0 this year. shuv out too.

Saint Coke

« Reply #4306 on: February 29, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Any tips?

lady fanny

« Reply #4307 on: February 29, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »
so i creep on Lennie Kirk's instagram and he lists all his delusions [entreprenuer, lover, fighter, mma, cyberhacker] but he doesn't list Christian or man of God.
is Lennie of the Lord?
will someone dm him like a man? if he fell from grace it might need it's own thread.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Dr Dew

« Reply #4308 on: February 29, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Any tips?

oh man i might have to tag in cheetah for this one, i'm not great at explaining tricks. i think i learned manuals first, on a tiny manny pad (fully scraping my tail lol). then i tried the 5-0 on a tiny ledge (probably like 6"). i kept getting into the grind, but slipping out backwards, board shooting forward. eventually figured out how to keep my body fully above the board (centered?) while lifting my front truck up, instead of leaning my entire body backwards and only grinding for a moment before i slipped out.

maybe also try doing it as a stall on a unwaxed curb first. like ride up to it at almost a 90 degree angle, slowish, and ollie into the stall, hole for a second, and pop out. this can help get the feel and confidence for it, without the risk of slipping out.

if that wasn't at all helpful, im sorry.

Saint Coke

« Reply #4309 on: February 29, 2020, 05:11:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Any tips?
[close]

oh man i might have to tag in cheetah for this one, i'm not great at explaining tricks. i think i learned manuals first, on a tiny manny pad (fully scraping my tail lol). then i tried the 5-0 on a tiny ledge (probably like 6"). i kept getting into the grind, but slipping out backwards, board shooting forward. eventually figured out how to keep my body fully above the board (centered?) while lifting my front truck up, instead of leaning my entire body backwards and only grinding for a moment before i slipped out.

maybe also try doing it as a stall on a unwaxed curb first. like ride up to it at almost a 90 degree angle, slowish, and ollie into the stall, hole for a second, and pop out. this can help get the feel and confidence for it, without the risk of slipping out.

if that wasn't at all helpful, im sorry.
I will have to give it a shot sometime, I will do it next time I skate, I was skating all day today.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4310 on: March 10, 2020, 05:43:47 PM »
Who else has been watching/mostly disappointed by The Outsider?

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #4311 on: March 12, 2020, 10:23:40 AM »
Should I travel back home to SF? I need to getstuff and see family but this virus is tempting me to stay home.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #4312 on: March 12, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »
The virus ain't shit man. The flu is the real issue

Nothing new under the sun, be smart protect yourself on the basics and go see family
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4313 on: March 12, 2020, 09:13:43 PM »

I'm going to tell you what my grandfather told me

Never stop fucking John. Never get married never have kids. Fuck and Fuck and Fuck some more and move on before its too late.

You'll thank me when you're old like me.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #4314 on: March 13, 2020, 04:34:05 AM »
My friend was trying to warn me about the quality of the weed he just got me being cheap but just two joints in, I'm here wondering how it's possible to sense the way SLAP posters skate from the flow and structure of their posts. Can't wait to get the even better stuff now.

lady fanny

« Reply #4315 on: March 13, 2020, 06:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never stop fucking John. Never get married never have kids. Fuck and Fuck and Fuck some more and move on before its too late.

Lady Fanny from Omaha

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #4316 on: March 13, 2020, 09:08:47 AM »
My friend was trying to warn me about the quality of the weed he just got me being cheap but just two joints in, I'm here wondering how it's possible to sense the way SLAP posters skate from the flow and structure of their posts. Can't wait to get the even better stuff now.
I need.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #4317 on: March 13, 2020, 09:41:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HAHA! well played

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #4318 on: March 14, 2020, 01:17:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I need.

My old dealer used to come up with some really good hash (talking nowadays' standards) before he had to move out of the city eventually. On a recent batch I got, I was wondering whether or not the people who don't flip their nollie hardflips just had an overall better grasp on general efficiency in life, but at the expense at some other considerations than the people who flip theirs. That entire day, my revelation was that Cairo Foster was the brightest man on the planet. I'm still owed some of that hash so I hope my dude comes through soon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:19:22 AM by silhouette »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4319 on: March 14, 2020, 01:22:34 PM »
Getting back into camming sk8 vids if Philly gets put on lockdown