Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 718511 times)

144p, DinnerDog425 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

nekro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3810 on: January 22, 2022, 10:39:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rumor is
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Conical Fulls coming this Summer.
[close]

A 60mm 97a wheel would be hilarious. I know so many crusty dudes who would buy that.
[close]

Hilarious that you think that would be hilarious.  Standard size/durometer back in the day and works perfectly.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
« Reply #3811 on: January 22, 2022, 11:24:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rumor is
[close]

A 60mm 97a wheel would be hilarious. I know so many crusty dudes who would buy that.
[close]

[close]

Hilarious that you think that would be hilarious.  Standard size/durometer back in the day and works perfectly.

That’s exactly why it would be funny. Right back where we began, skating 97a, 60mm wheels on 9” wide boards in a subterranean parking garage.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #3812 on: January 23, 2022, 01:59:18 AM »
Might be of interest. Size/shape chart from my latest purchase.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3813 on: January 23, 2022, 03:23:28 AM »

That's rad and thanks for posting.

Was this from the Kader wheels?

I see Radial Slim is still in there @rocklobster and Radial Full replaces the Radial info.

It is better to upload using the "Add image to post" which should be directly under the type box, so it is a much higher res image and hosted on the free site, vs files attached on the Slap server.

EDIT: 

2022 Spitfire chart with Radial Full info from @Schinken

I just changed the link to the hi res version you uploaded.

https://imgbb.com/jJGKBDf

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 01:59:37 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #3814 on: January 23, 2022, 07:39:00 AM »
Here's the one from the Oskis if it helps...

Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Schinken

« Reply #3815 on: January 23, 2022, 07:56:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's rad and thanks for posting.

Was this from the Kader wheels?

I see Radial Slim is still in there @rocklobster and Radial Full replaces the Radial info.

It is better to upload using the "Add image to post" which should be directly under the type box, so it is a much higher res image and hosted on the free site, vs files attached on the Slap server.

I just uploaded your pic then, but I will remove it if you upload the hi res version.

Yes, this chart was from those kader wheels.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:18:49 AM by Schinken »

Schinken

« Reply #3816 on: January 23, 2022, 08:22:51 AM »

[Img] didn't work, here is the link
https://ibb.co/jJGKBDf

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3817 on: January 23, 2022, 11:18:00 AM »
are the regular radials no more?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3818 on: January 23, 2022, 12:01:06 PM »

The new Oskis in 55 and 57 mm are Radials.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3819 on: January 23, 2022, 01:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I think they just ran out of room on the backing cards, so can only put so  many on there, compared to the now eleven different shapes, isn't it?

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3820 on: January 23, 2022, 02:08:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I think they just ran out of room on the backing cards, so can only put so  many on there, compared to the now eleven different shapes, isn't it?

Definitely, though I think it’s 10:

Classic
Classic Full
Lock-Ins
Tablets
O.G. Classics
Radial Slims
Radials
Radial Full
Conical
Conical Full

As a Tech Writer, it really bothers me that they don’t name the shapes consistently. Slims vs. Full(s), Radials vs. Conical(s), etc.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3821 on: January 23, 2022, 02:36:37 PM »

didn't work, here is the link
https://ibb.co/jJGKBDf

I updated my post from before with the chart you uploaded, so again thanks for that!

Here's the one from the Oskis if it helps...

Thanks for that too!

Interesting it seems it is only the Radial Full wheels that come with the changed chart, as per this one, from the Radials, which still has the 2021 chart as is.

Those normal Radials are a nice wheel too.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Definitely, though I think it’s 10:

Classic
Classic Full
Lock-Ins
Tablets
O.G. Classics
Radial Slims
Radials
Radial Full
Conical
Conical Full

As a Tech Writer, it really bothers me that they don’t name the shapes consistently. Slims vs. Full(s), Radials vs. Conical(s), etc.

https://skateparkoftampa.com/product/73413/Spitfire_Andrew_Reynolds_Sweeper_Formula_Four_99D_Classic_Slim_Wheels

Classic Slim wheels were the eleventh shape.

Guessing the Classic Slims will never make a comeback, but they were in there for a minute, mainly the Reynolds pro wheels, but I guess there wasn't enough interest to keep them going.

I totally get what you mean too - some have (s) on the end, some do not.

Just one of those things, but I always try to keep the names in capitals too, eg Radials, Classic Full, etc.  That is just my "English teacher" coming out though, not that I ever finished teaching college.

Edit:

A better listing of the "Classic Slims" with the side view as well.

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-wheels-c8/spitfire-wheels-reynolds-street-sweepers-99du-classic-slims-formula-four-skateboard-wheels-52mm-p27595

« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 07:18:34 PM by Mbrimson88 »

europa1991

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3822 on: January 23, 2022, 05:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Huh Idk why I thought they were fulls but got a set yesterday and really like them. Curious what other ppl think about them tho

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3823 on: January 23, 2022, 06:02:34 PM »
Currently started skating an old set of 54m radials I dug out and man I hope they make these more available

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #3824 on: January 23, 2022, 06:23:50 PM »
I haven’t seen lock-ins in years.  I massively chunked mine and was never able to find a replacement.  I liked them a lot.  Wide surface, big lock in, still rounded enough on the outside to roll up on things.  Great transition shape.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3825 on: February 03, 2022, 09:30:34 PM »
Well, at least the Radial slims are still in the line-up even if no drops contain them.

Based on the insert pics, the OG looks really similar to the Radial slim (and yet, also like the Conical Full). Am I crazy? Granted width is different per mm tall, maybe the OGs are a bit more round+the cutaway?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:39:49 PM by Xen »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3826 on: February 04, 2022, 03:44:32 AM »
Well, at least the Radial slims are still in the line-up even if no drops contain them.

Based on the insert pics, the OG looks really similar to the Radial slim (and yet, also like the Conical Full). Am I crazy? Granted width is different per mm tall, maybe the OGs are a bit more round+the cutaway?

OG Classics ride and feel like a very squared off wheel, with a cutout from just under the lip of the wheel, so when they go down a few mm, they end up quite sharp, just like the Conical Full and similar wheels do.

They were also thinner than I had first thought, but when setup they skate well, sort of like a fatter Tablet or Radial Slim, even if it is barely a mm or so extra.

I can't help but think that Conical Full are maybe the best all rounder, even if I am not so keen on them when new, all the older used sets of 54mm, mostly down around 50-52 mm I have received back from people and then machined to be a bit more round on both edges just work so well.

The tablet with a little rounding is maybe the closest thing to what a lot of people miss with the Radial Slim wheels, but I guess most people are a bit scared to take an angle grinder to wheels like I do.  If they are not used to it, they can make a pretty big mess, but it pays off - the same dimensions with a slightly more rounded edge.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #3827 on: February 04, 2022, 06:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

OG Classics ride and feel like a very squared off wheel, with a cutout from just under the lip of the wheel, so when they go down a few mm, they end up quite sharp, just like the Conical Full and similar wheels do.

They were also thinner than I had first thought, but when setup they skate well, sort of like a fatter Tablet or Radial Slim, even if it is barely a mm or so extra.

I can't help but think that Conical Full are maybe the best all rounder, even if I am not so keen on them when new, all the older used sets of 54mm, mostly down around 50-52 mm I have received back from people and then machined to be a bit more round on both edges just work so well.

The tablet with a little rounding is maybe the closest thing to what a lot of people miss with the Radial Slim wheels, but I guess most people are a bit scared to take an angle grinder to wheels like I do.  If they are not used to it, they can make a pretty big mess, but it pays off - the same dimensions with a slightly more rounded edge.

I don't think that insert picture is very representative of the OG Classics' actual shape - it's definitely much sharper. I'm currently skating some and they're far sharper on the edge than I thought they'd be. I was much a much bigger fan of tablets (even though they're just as square, I like their edge more) since they don't feel like they lock in as hard.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 791
« Reply #3828 on: February 04, 2022, 07:03:46 AM »
Rumor is

jeff carlyle promodel, coming in 58mm too
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1010
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3829 on: February 04, 2022, 07:52:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty sure if I had an angle grinder, I'd probably do it ;)

I've not ridden 'conical' spits since their debut, only classics/classic slim (I'd still ride them if they made them), radial slims, tablets (yuck) and the Conical full 97a.

Currently setting up a new sled and am torn between classics and radial slims. Been on Bones V5s for a minute (closer to classics).

The radial slims are still out there!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 08:35:39 AM by Xen »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3830 on: February 04, 2022, 10:04:50 AM »
You can’t really go wrong with Classics.

To someone that asked about standard Radials you can find them on Parade in tons of sizes. Only shape I haven’t ridden.

What happened to the Classic Full I think it was- the Classics that were just slightly wider?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3831 on: February 04, 2022, 10:10:06 AM »

To someone that asked about standard Radials you can find them on Parade in tons of sizes. Only shape I haven’t ridden.

What happened to the Classic Full I think it was- the Classics that were just slightly wider?

Classic Fulls still come up every once in awhile. Usually as a Lifer model for someone like Lance.That's probably my favorite all round shape. Noticeably wider than a Classic, great shape that seems to last longer and I like the way they square off as they wear down.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3832 on: February 04, 2022, 10:24:04 AM »
I'm running some 58mm classics right now in hopes of them wearing down to a perfect radial like 54mm. Any one got photos of a set they wore down from a similar size?

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #3833 on: February 04, 2022, 04:33:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Classic Fulls still come up every once in awhile. Usually as a Lifer model for someone like Lance.That's probably my favorite all round shape. Noticeably wider than a Classic, great shape that seems to last longer and I like the way they square off as they wear down.

There are some out there now.  They go by "repeaters"
https://seasonsskateshop.com/products/spitfire-f4-repeater-54mm-classic-full

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3834 on: February 04, 2022, 04:39:31 PM »
I'm running some 58mm classics right now in hopes of them wearing down to a perfect radial like 54mm. Any one got photos of a set they wore down from a similar size?

I sure do. These are exactly that 58 classic worn down to 54, maybe a little bit under.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #3835 on: February 04, 2022, 04:59:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I sure do. These are exactly that 58 classic worn down to 54, maybe a little bit under.

*chef kiss*

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3836 on: February 04, 2022, 06:09:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When I was running a shop (so had wholesale access) and the Grosso 56 mm and then the Lance 56 mm Classic Fulls came out I bought any and all I could get my hands on.

Any that had the one different colour, I usually tried to buy four sets, so I could swap them out, so I would get the white / natural sets and someone else could take the neon yellow, or blue or whatever others there were.  Someone always wanted a unique set of coloured wheels and I was stoked on the regular ones without any colour.

They really are such a good wheel.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3837 on: February 05, 2022, 05:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

*chef kiss*
Fuck yeah! they look great @Frank and Fred   :D

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #3838 on: February 05, 2022, 05:15:53 AM »

Aren’t Bigheads Classic Fulls?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3839 on: February 05, 2022, 06:18:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Aren’t Bigheads Classic Fulls?

They sure are, back when they were called "Bighead shape" before F4 and Classic Full was even a thing.

That was my go to for a long, long time and I still have a few too many of them new and used, floating around.

The funny thing is the newer ones are actually not as wide as the older ones, so somewhere along the way, they became the new Classic shape, more so than the Full shape they used to be.