Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 754136 times)

Larry Dallas

Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #1110 on: January 25, 2019, 07:27:16 AM »
Lol, not even, but let’s talk about how special aces are inserted into that dude’s rectum though.  If he skated he would know that the “big three” are vastly different and aren’t “just trucks,” in his words. But then again, they’re all just trucks, and do essentially the same thing in little different ways. This guy’s talking about aces like they’re for the enlightened skateboarder and not the filthy masses. Fuck him.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1111 on: January 25, 2019, 07:43:59 AM »
If he skated he would know the “big three” aren’t “just trucks,"

But then again, they’re all just trucks
::)

Larry Dallas

« Reply #1112 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:42 AM »
Bitch, you skate theeves 😂

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1113 on: January 25, 2019, 08:01:53 AM »
Proudly  8)

edit: Indy is aight too for higher speeds.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:04:07 AM by Firebert »

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #1114 on: January 25, 2019, 08:22:03 AM »
Most of the people I know who ride Aces prefer skating concrete bowls and riding loose trucks. 

The quality has been a bit spotty but people are willing to risk this for supporting a smaller, newer brand, they have minimal wheelbite and the tightest turning radius.....Julian Stranger rides them too.

Larry Dallas

« Reply #1115 on: January 25, 2019, 08:32:55 AM »
But the dude who sells new, random gear all the time thinks they’re for the skater who would rather talk about trucks all day than skate them, so I guess that’s your market now Ace.

Diocletian

« Reply #1116 on: January 25, 2019, 09:10:19 AM »
Never imagined my anonymous stupid opinion on skateboard trucks and items I sell could make a person so upset over it on a message board. There’s a first for everything. Hope you feel better :-*

« Reply #1117 on: January 25, 2019, 09:25:06 AM »
Dementia =

Mental confusion and emotional disruption. It makes it difficult to think, remember, sleep, pay attention, and more. You might experience the condition during alcohol withdrawal, after surgery, or when attempting to spew complete nonsense about a subject you have no experince with.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1118 on: January 25, 2019, 10:54:04 AM »
Dementia =

Mental confusion and emotional disruption. It makes it difficult to think, remember, sleep, pay attention, and more. You might experience the condition during alcohol withdrawal, after surgery, or when attempting to spew complete nonsense about a subject you have no experince with.
Larry Dallas on dementia?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Larry Dallas

« Reply #1119 on: January 25, 2019, 01:17:45 PM »
I think the geometry also keeps a lot of people away as much it brings people in. I’d say probably more people are out there who don’t really think too hard about their trucks or set-ups in general. They just wanna skate and focus on the tricks. Indy’s, Thunders, Ventures...these are all...predictable? uncomplicated?...types of trucks that kids can just hop on and feel stable while doing their thing.

Yeah, technically you could feel the same with Ace, but for the most part I’d say their trucks are geared towards people who want a very specific thing from their trucks. Who want to nerd out and really get in tune with everything. It’s weird but I’ve seen a lot of people deterred by that way of thinking. Some sort of indifference towards a truck that has any specialness to it. The big 3 work well for people that just want...trucks.
I just wanted to shift the focus back to this shit... and someone gnarred the guy 😂

Diocletian

« Reply #1120 on: January 25, 2019, 01:30:22 PM »
Maybe he’ll go away if everyone agrees that I’m a major kook and shuns me away, giving me negative rep and just destroying my ability to carry on in life knowing people on a message board reject me. Fuck...this really sucks guys. Sorry about all of this. I’ll never be the kind of man Larry is.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #1121 on: January 25, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »
Larry who hurt you?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1122 on: January 25, 2019, 04:31:30 PM »
It sounds like it was Joey Tershay

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #1123 on: January 25, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »
Larry Dallas. Not a badass.
Stanley Roper was much doper.
Ralph Furley was kinda squirly.

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1124 on: February 19, 2019, 05:45:34 PM »
Just realised my new pair have a very clear axle defect, wheel won't slide on smooth but once it's on it seems to work fine. I would send it back for a replacement but I don't have any spare trucks. They really need to fix their quality control.
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1125 on: February 19, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
Larry Dallas. Not a badass.
Stanley Roper was much doper.
Ralph Furley was kinda squirly.

Jack Tripper was a ripper.
Chrissy Snow did some blow.
Janet Wood always could.

I've been skating a set of 44s right now (4 months) that are probably the v1s.  I usually ride Indy 149 forged hollows and the 44s have a squirlier turn (good and bad) vs. the Indys.  44s are slightly heavier.

Would possibly consider another set of 44s depending on how these last.   
Enjoy your life.

Mongoloid

« Reply #1126 on: February 19, 2019, 08:08:45 PM »
Just realised my new pair have a very clear axle defect, wheel won't slide on smooth but once it's on it seems to work fine. I would send it back for a replacement but I don't have any spare trucks. They really need to fix their quality control.

A couple sets I own have this problem, but it doesn’t effect anything.

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1127 on: February 22, 2019, 01:14:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A couple sets I own have this problem, but it doesn’t effect anything.
I ended up emailing them a picture anyways and they're gonna send out another truck, they claimed to have never seen the problem. My disdain for Ace's quality control has been lessened by my new found respect for their customer service.
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

Diocletian

« Reply #1128 on: February 23, 2019, 06:00:58 AM »
I recently dug through an old boneyard of parts and had a couple broken Ace baseplates at the pivot from slappies. Stage 2’s from years ago. They replaced them no problem. They’re probably used to shipping out plenty of warranty parts, as their quality control still isn’t good.

BasedSenpai

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1129 on: February 23, 2019, 07:07:58 AM »
Recently got my first set, and honestly it's the best truck I've had as far as turning and grinds. Smith grinds feels soooo nice on these for some reason. Only thing that made me initially hesitant was build quality/durability, cause I feel like even though every other truck out of the big 3 are all good(indy, venture, thunder) I've never had Indy's break on me.

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #1130 on: March 07, 2019, 09:09:56 PM »
the last few pages have been real tough to gauge. Great trucks with poor QC seem to be the consensus . is that still the case? What size would i get for 8.3/4?

I wish these companies would all get together on one simple, concise measurement system.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #1131 on: March 08, 2019, 12:46:53 AM »
the last few pages have been real tough to gauge. Great trucks with poor QC seem to be the consensus . is that still the case? What size would i get for 8.3/4?

I wish these companies would all get together on one simple, concise measurement system.

I´ve been riding multiple sets of Aces over the past few years. Never had any defect described in this thread. I´d go with the 44s.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:04:30 AM by SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1132 on: March 08, 2019, 09:00:31 AM »

The latest round seem to have put the QC under control, grab some 44s 'classics' (make sure they have the new bushings).

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #1133 on: March 08, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
55s are actually closer in size to a 8.75" deck but I also ride 44s on an 8.75. Depends what you want to do...

Fingers crossed for a size in-between 44s and 55s soon. Pretty sure Ace are considering it, if not already working on it.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1134 on: March 08, 2019, 03:49:30 PM »
Before I email them, does anyone know which trucks skate warehouse has for their ace classics in 8.25. They only have deck width, not the truck model number

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #1135 on: March 08, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »
Those are the 44s. Actually an  8 3/8" axle  though.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1136 on: March 08, 2019, 04:03:58 PM »

Shalom, Thanks man!

Gonna pull the trigger.

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #1137 on: March 09, 2019, 12:46:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shalom, Thanks man!

Gonna pull the trigger.

I’ve come to realize that they (skatewarehouse) aren’t the most accurate when it comes to truck and deck specifics. But that seems to be the case on most online skate retailers. One site will have a board with a 14.25wb in the details, same deck elsewhere has a 14.4wb, kinda annoying. But when you go add the trucks to your cart it’ll show as ‘44’s.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1138 on: March 30, 2019, 02:13:44 AM »
Skated my 44’s for the first time yesterday (flatground only tho), coming from indy 149’s and it took very little to adjust my tricks. I love how they are lower and don’t feel tipsy like indys and still turn fucking amazing. Feel like I’ve found my truck <3
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #1139 on: March 30, 2019, 07:26:10 AM »
Its counter to what you'd imagine and maybe in my imagination but I was skating a couple of big bowls recently on loose 44s and I swear they felt nice and stable at speed... no wobble at all... but then turn super well at slow speeds...

Heard from a reliable source big things are coming for Ace by the end of the year with some size adjustments and other improvements.