Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 797991 times)

Sold Out and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5610 on: May 08, 2023, 01:28:49 PM »
As long as it has NO a resemblance to anything soletech I’ll support. One slight emerica vibe and I’m retiring MF’ing everything NB, even runners.

you are the emerica of posting

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5611 on: May 08, 2023, 01:38:14 PM »
@rothdigga was there ever a change in 1010 materials? I've got a pair of the black/gum soles from one of the first drops. The shoe feels narrower and is much stiffer even after 5 sessions. I've got the new all black 1010 and after 1 session feel completely different in terms of softness/width.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5612 on: May 08, 2023, 01:38:43 PM »
Also, let's not forget Tight Trucks Tom is going to have his own pro model as well soon!

eSK3

« Reply #5613 on: May 08, 2023, 01:39:48 PM »
Expand Quote
As long as it has NO a resemblance to anything soletech I’ll support. One slight emerica vibe and I’m retiring MF’ing everything NB, even runners.
[close]

SMMFD 😉😘

Sketch Hitchcock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #5614 on: May 08, 2023, 01:58:12 PM »
I have the utmost faith in Reynolds to deliver a great shoe.  The man just knows what he’s doing.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5615 on: May 08, 2023, 02:28:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Reynolds posted some screenshots of what looks like his own NB on his insta earlier today, I’m tech illiterate and don’t know how to upload shit otherwise I’d repost it
[close]

Nope not his shoe. Potential leaks not coming until the design is finalized…still 18 months out. RELAX.

Damn, I wanted to believe it could almost be time.  Something to look forward to at least.  So maybe Reynolds is wearing the new 440 in photos?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #5616 on: May 08, 2023, 02:29:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

SMMFD 😉😘

cute, but don't let emerica keep you up at night brother

on topic - what's the shoe in the bottom right on that reynolds post?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5617 on: May 08, 2023, 03:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
images of the vegan 440 are not displaying for me. any chance someone could repost or describe? also wondering if it has been disclosed which vulcanized model is getting a vegan colorway?
[close]
hope this works for you

[close]

yes, i see it now.  thank you!
[close]
That’s not the vegan one unfortunately, that one is just made using chrome free suede and recycled materials. The vegan 440 is black and gum and so is the vegan 272, the vulc option
[close]

thanks for info! i am even more stoked for black and gum 8)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5618 on: May 08, 2023, 03:55:56 PM »
Has anyone kept a record of all Reynolds related UFO’s - unidentified footwear offerings that is… any images of unreleased shoes we’ve spotted on him or others in the wild?  Sometimes I can’t tell if he’s wearing 808’s, new colorways or different models altogether.  Any guidance would be much appreciated!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #5619 on: May 08, 2023, 06:51:46 PM »
Daddies has the brown 440H for $59 and you can use the 20% off code. So after shipping and taxes they’re around $56. Tempted to bite, but I already have a few pair. It’s hard not to just stack a bunch of gear. Sadly I don’t skate enough to justify it.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5620 on: May 08, 2023, 10:47:42 PM »

We got this Reynolds post with some 👀 emoji which makes me believe that the shoes we're seeing here could be his pro model.
There is a half cabish vibe to it to me. A cupsole mid top would be a hammer 🔨
No matter what we know that the boss will deliver something great.
Facts.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #5621 on: May 08, 2023, 11:07:32 PM »

We got this Reynolds post with some 👀 emoji which makes me believe that the shoes we're seeing here could be his pro model.
Facts.

Pretty sure Rothmeyer directly said not to count on it any time soon.   Could be a blacked out Franky

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #5622 on: May 08, 2023, 11:46:56 PM »
Whatever you do, NB, please don't make the 440 v2 bulkier than the current model. It's a beautiful shoe as it is.

eSK3

« Reply #5623 on: May 09, 2023, 03:02:41 AM »

Facts.

Relax. It’s a black 417 that’s dropping prob 4th quarter. Holy shit some of y’all are outta control. Get off the mans dick it’s embarrassing.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5624 on: May 09, 2023, 04:22:29 AM »
Expand Quote

Facts.
[close]

Relax. It’s a black 417 that’s dropping prob 4th quarter. Holy shit some of y’all are outta control. Get off the mans dick it’s embarrassing.

Not looking like the 417 to me. And I know for a fact there isn’t an all black 417 dropping this year.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5625 on: May 09, 2023, 06:43:50 AM »
Zumiez has the wheat 808s for $63. How do they fit in comparison to the 440s? Of course my size 13 is the highest size so I can’t go up 😖

Thanks for the heads up on this, my bday is coming up and my girlfriend kept asking what I wanted and I didn't know, but a $65 pair of 1010's fit the bill perfectly.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5626 on: May 09, 2023, 07:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Facts.
[close]

[close]

Not looking like the 417 to me. And I know for a fact there isn’t an all black 417 dropping this year.

Anyone know when the numeric 480 is dropping?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5627 on: May 09, 2023, 07:10:51 AM »
what is going on here?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/New-Balance-Men-s-101v1-Numeric-Skate-Shoe/6MELD3S7XI4J

lol... is this some re-seller or something?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #5628 on: May 09, 2023, 08:43:04 AM »
how's the break in for 440s?

I have a pair now that's a little tight -- can't imagine going up a half size. The biggest piece that bugs me out of the box is the slight pressure on the inside arch. should i expect that to pack out a bit or do these just not work for my feet?

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #5629 on: May 09, 2023, 08:53:32 AM »

I have a pair now that's a little tight -- can't imagine going up a half size. The biggest piece that bugs me out of the box is the slight pressure on the inside arch. should i expect that to pack out a bit or do these just not work for my feet?

I'd chill in them for a week or two then they're pretty perfect!

ChipSuey

• Rep: 26
« Reply #5630 on: May 09, 2023, 08:55:38 AM »

I walked around in mine for a couple weeks before skating them.  I had pulled the insole out because it's a literal napkin, tried using a pair of FP's I have but they're just a bit too big, but threw some Vans Popcush insoles in and once they flattened out a bit I've had no issues.

They stretch out though- I didn't have issues with the arch, for me it was the outside toe box, my little toe got a blister the first few days I wore them.

Absolutely love them (I have the 440 High) now, best skate shoe I've owned in a long ass time.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #5631 on: May 09, 2023, 09:43:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I walked around in mine for a couple weeks before skating them.  I had pulled the insole out because it's a literal napkin, tried using a pair of FP's I have but they're just a bit too big, but threw some Vans Popcush insoles in and once they flattened out a bit I've had no issues.

They stretch out though- I didn't have issues with the arch, for me it was the outside toe box, my little toe got a blister the first few days I wore them.

Absolutely love them (I have the 440 High) now, best skate shoe I've owned in a long ass time.
Yup, I did the same exact thing with mine. They were a little tight on my toes straight out of the box but stretched out within two weeks or so. I also threw Popcush insoles in mine after they broke in and they felt so much better than the stock insole.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5632 on: May 09, 2023, 10:33:38 AM »
I walk around in my 440s for a day and in ~30min of skating they're great. They will soften up over time of course.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #5633 on: May 09, 2023, 11:13:25 AM »
Thanks pals I’m wearing them around for a few days we’ll see how it goes

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #5634 on: May 09, 2023, 01:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote

Facts.
[close]

Nah man he’s the boss, Ima stay fangirling idec anymore

Snackbar

• Rep: 8
« Reply #5635 on: May 09, 2023, 05:28:02 PM »
Grey Day 808s look good

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5636 on: May 09, 2023, 07:02:39 PM »
I’m gonna go ahead and assume Reynolds is like a lot of us somewhat wide footed folk and he’ll sprinkle his pixie dust on the 440’s and make them more like 1010’s.  Little more breathing room in the midfoot - like a KSL - subtle adjustments is all we’re talking here, everyone can be happy!  It would open the shoe up to an even wider audience  ;)  In addition to Reynolds’ own shoe… Even though I’m sure that isn’t what everyone wants, it’s what I’m sincerely hoping.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5637 on: May 09, 2023, 11:06:48 PM »
Grey Day 808s look incredible, sheesh!

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 128
« Reply #5638 on: May 10, 2023, 01:00:43 AM »
How do those seams in the Ollie zone on the 808s hold up for people? Super glue of course, but I always wonder this about Ollie area seams on certain shoes. I think I’ll end up trying them anyway.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5639 on: May 10, 2023, 05:43:27 AM »
How do those seams in the Ollie zone on the 808s hold up for people? Super glue of course, but I always wonder this about Ollie area seams on certain shoes. I think I’ll end up trying them anyway.
808 don't need super glue in my experience
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.