Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584993 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #2940 on: October 23, 2018, 07:16:18 PM »
If anyone else on SLAP wants to throw bricks at sprint windows in their area. Horrid cell phone reception. All the fucking time.

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2941 on: October 23, 2018, 08:35:20 PM »
If anyone else on SLAP wants to throw bricks at sprint windows in their area. Horrid cell phone reception. All the fucking time.

Sprint's reception is so bad where I live that the closest sprint store is 4 hours away so I can't even complain in person if I'd like.
Then again I have unlimited everything full LTE for 63/mo out the door. So I'll suck a little bit of Sprint dick here and there to keep my plan.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2942 on: October 24, 2018, 05:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sprint's reception is so bad where I live that the closest sprint store is 4 hours away so I can't even complain in person if I'd like.
Then again I have unlimited everything full LTE for 63/mo out the door. So I'll suck a little bit of Sprint dick here and there to keep my plan.

If you have cricket wireless in your area, switch to that. It uses At&t's network which is a billion times more reliable than sprint. My wife and I each get 5gb of data a month and our bill is $70 for both lines. Only place I don't have service is really rural areas in the norther part of my state. The only catch is you need to bring your own phone, and it need to be an AT&T phone or one thats unlocked. They don't really do the leasing thing that most of the other carriers are doing.

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #2943 on: October 24, 2018, 03:23:08 PM »
How hard is it to just up and leave to another place.  I keep thinking if I have a couple grand in my savings, would up and leaving to a new place be insane or work out just fine?  I definitely don't think my wife's on board but we got no kids, jobs we dislike.  not a lot keeping us here.  Maybe I just need to take more small vacations or something but I can't stop thinking that the worst case scenario is that i'm a waiter in a crappy apartment until I get something else.  Not too bad
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2944 on: October 24, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »
How hard is it to just up and leave to another place.  I keep thinking if I have a couple grand in my savings, would up and leaving to a new place be insane or work out just fine?  I definitely don't think my wife's on board but we got no kids, jobs we dislike.  not a lot keeping us here.  Maybe I just need to take more small vacations or something but I can't stop thinking that the worst case scenario is that i'm a waiter in a crappy apartment until I get something else.  Not too bad

Do it.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2945 on: October 24, 2018, 06:38:30 PM »
I wonder how you look/gnar someone on here

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2946 on: October 25, 2018, 06:38:39 AM »
how often do kim and kanye have sex?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2947 on: October 25, 2018, 09:59:31 AM »

It's however hard finding a place to live in the new area is. My wife and I move every few years for probably the same reasons you're feeling and it really keeps life fresh and interesting. We don't have kids and aren't going to, and being able to do a total refresh whenever you feel you need one is a nice luxury. Your wife probably isn't on board because humans are still animals that feel like wherever they are is "home" and have a desire to stay there. Have a conversation with her and give her some stuff to think about. I couldn't imagine not relocating every so often. We've been in our current place for 5 years and that's the longest we've been anywhere.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #2948 on: October 25, 2018, 10:47:13 AM »
Does new music actually suck or am I just old?
I need a coffee

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #2949 on: October 25, 2018, 11:42:08 AM »
You're old, a bunch of good stuff has come out this year.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 11:46:49 AM by childhood »

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2950 on: October 25, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »

TONS of great new music is still being made and it's easier than ever to discover it. What kind of music do you like?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
« Reply #2951 on: October 25, 2018, 06:00:17 PM »
I’m old but I still love exploring old and new music. It’s a matter of deciding to be open minded or letting yourself become a crotchety and stubborn old man.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2952 on: October 25, 2018, 06:40:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

TONS of great new music is still being made and it's easier than ever to discover it. What kind of music do you like?

Lots really.

Breeders, pavement, taking heads, gang of 4, PJ Harvey, patti Smith, dinosaur Jr. , M ward, broken social scene, deer tick, Rolling Stones, i could go on and on
I need a coffee

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2953 on: October 26, 2018, 07:10:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lots really.

Breeders, pavement, taking heads, gang of 4, PJ Harvey, patti Smith, dinosaur Jr. , M ward, broken social scene, deer tick, Rolling Stones, i could go on and on

Nice. We have similar tastes. I'll post a playlist of stuff thats been made in the past few years if you want to check it out. Do you use spotify, or is youtube the way to go?

7 year old

« Reply #2954 on: October 26, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How do I get my crackhead roommate evicted?
[close]
Expand Quote
My crackhead roommate is a woman and overweight to the point where she could probably kill me just by falling on me, there's no way I'm getting between her and her crack  :(
[close]
You tell your landlord that your roommate smokes crack. Most leases, if not all, prohibit drug use and illegal activities.

Edit: I don’t advocate snitching, but that’s the easiest way. Hopefully, you don’t have kids. Personally, I would just find a new place and sublet the current one. If that isn’t an option, you can make her uncomfortable by walking around naked or smearing feces on the walls. Aside from the crack, what’s so bad that makes you want to get her evicted?
[close]
The main problem is that she's been stealing things from me and my other roommates. There's a lot of other things but that's the main one. I am probably going to have to sublet the place.
[close]

fuck that, call the cops/landlord. squeal like a piggy.. get that scumbag gone
Squealed today. She stole my curry/container and her fucking toenails are on the table I eat of. Fuck this.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #2955 on: October 26, 2018, 02:41:23 PM »
It’s a matter of deciding to be open minded or letting yourself become a crotchety and stubborn old man.

This, I spent so long being a dick about modern music. recently found myself listening to so much more than the same old albums id been rinsing since high school.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #2956 on: October 26, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »
why everyone so mad i ponder

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2957 on: October 27, 2018, 08:57:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lots really.

[close]

Nice. We have similar tastes. I'll post a playlist of stuff thats been made in the past few years if you want to check it out. Do you use spotify, or is youtube the way to go?

I finally broke down and started using spotify more, even got the pay service.
I need a coffee

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
« Reply #2958 on: October 27, 2018, 09:17:50 AM »
why everyone so mad i ponder

kinda related thing I pondered. every apartment building I’ve lived in there’s at least one door slammer. what’s with these people? are they always pissed off or unaware of what they’re doing? to me it comes off like they are unhappy or angry.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2959 on: October 27, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »
i wonder if ill ever have sex again

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2960 on: October 28, 2018, 04:01:09 AM »
i wonder if ill ever have sex again
  Want to have sex but wouldn't want a stranger (sex worker)?   Well try interviewing a couple of them.  If one is sweet at all and you start getting a chubbo I'd say go for it.  Just to unclog the pipes kinda thing.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2961 on: October 29, 2018, 07:49:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lots really.

[close]

[close]

Give some of these a shot. Almost all of these songs come from great albums (my opinion). I tried to keep it condensed, but still ended up putting 30 songs on it. I'm sure there will be some things you don't like, but hopefully theres a few bands you like and they can lead you to some more.

https://open.spotify.com/user/126101711/playlist/0nftEBhQ7b58CdApbgM44V?si=AtpYF0abToe3i62ppprY8w

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #2962 on: October 29, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lots really.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Give some of these a shot. Almost all of these songs come from great albums (my opinion). I tried to keep it condensed, but still ended up putting 30 songs on it. I'm sure there will be some things you don't like, but hopefully theres a few bands you like and they can lead you to some more.

https://open.spotify.com/user/126101711/playlist/0nftEBhQ7b58CdApbgM44V?si=AtpYF0abToe3i62ppprY8w

Also this new band I came across in here called Greta Van Fleet if you're into good ol' seventies dad rock! They sound just like Led Zeppelin!

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2963 on: October 29, 2018, 07:59:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lots really.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Also this new band I came across in here called Greta Van Fleet if you're into good ol' seventies dad rock! They sound just like Led Zeppelin!

they're going to save rock and roll!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2964 on: October 29, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
I need a coffee

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2966 on: October 30, 2018, 05:00:53 AM »

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #2967 on: October 30, 2018, 07:09:51 AM »
Who even trusts critics? They know nothing about real music..

On a serious note that Fantano dude is a big headed kook.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2968 on: October 30, 2018, 07:22:37 AM »
I mostly posted that because I thought it was so brutal it was funny.
I need a coffee

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #2969 on: October 30, 2018, 07:33:41 AM »