Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 565794 times)

Skart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
  • Ham control
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3690 on: December 30, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »
I felt that way with twilight princes ^ haven't seen the new one though

Ocarina of time blew my fucking mind back in the day. Dk64 was the first game I had to myself, then OoT was 2nd

Dad was a champ for getting those 2 to start me off

I'm hooked on poe again hard man
Haven't played since breach/legacy

Hc metamorph, rip'd a 76 and 52 sab miner within the last week

Currently on a trickster ed, hoping to hold onto it long enough to check some stuff out

Days off coming up, going to be lit
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Audrey II

• Rep: 14188
« Reply #3691 on: December 30, 2019, 01:28:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bought Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild today and oh my fucking god it’s better than I could have imagined. Such a beautifully massive game.
[close]
Welcome to winter.

Enjoy
[close]
I seriously underestimated just how massive and immersive this game is. I've already beaten two of the Goddess Trials and have SO MUCH ground to cover to get to the next few. Lowkey wishing I had brought it with me to work today...but, my wife wanted to play Bendy & The Ink Machine since she's off today.

i suggest not spending time looking for all the korok seeds. the payoff is shit
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3692 on: December 30, 2019, 02:30:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bought Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild today and oh my fucking god it’s better than I could have imagined. Such a beautifully massive game.
[close]
Welcome to winter.

Enjoy
[close]
I seriously underestimated just how massive and immersive this game is. I've already beaten two of the Goddess Trials and have SO MUCH ground to cover to get to the next few. Lowkey wishing I had brought it with me to work today...but, my wife wanted to play Bendy & The Ink Machine since she's off today.
[close]

So I've heard. Might save that for after I finish the story. (I'm probably seriously underestimating how much gameplay there is.)

Audrey II

« Reply #3693 on: December 30, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Welcome to winter.

Enjoy
[close]
[close]

[close]
So I've heard. Might save that for after I finish the story. (I'm probably seriously underestimating how much gameplay there is.)

haha im jealous of you doing a first playthrough. i rushed through playing it and still clocked like 70 hours. take your sweet time and enjoy it and you could stretch it close to 100 hours.

also the dlc that came out is awesome and very difficult. once you beat the story mode there will be plenty of other stuff to do

edit: friend code if ya want it. SW-3836-4726-0786
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 03:08:22 PM by Audrey II »

Yu Dum

« Reply #3694 on: December 31, 2019, 07:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Welcome to winter.

Enjoy
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

haha im jealous of you doing a first playthrough. i rushed through playing it and still clocked like 70 hours. take your sweet time and enjoy it and you could stretch it close to 100 hours.

also the dlc that came out is awesome and very difficult. once you beat the story mode there will be plenty of other stuff to do

edit: friend code if ya want it. SW-3836-4726-0786
I'll definitely add you when I get home! If you see a "Dylan" with Ganondorf as the pfp in your friend requests, then that's me.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3695 on: December 31, 2019, 01:10:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Welcome to winter.

Enjoy
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Especially if you're doing the master trials on the more difficult setting.
Get ready to rage quit the lizard pond.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #3696 on: December 31, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »
I told myself a number of times I would never buy a game from EA ever again.

So what did I do? I completely ignored what I said and bought Jedi fallen order.

Story is good, gameplay is horrible.

Combat is annoying as fuck and hard. I’m not looking for something easy but also not looking for a headache either.

Lose health way too easily and when you die you have to go all the way back to the last checkpoint and backtrack through all this annoying shit just to get back to the point you were at when you died.

Maps are way too linear.

Customization is pointless.

Force powers are lame as fuck.

Fuck you again EA and fuck myself for buying this.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:01:34 PM by Dirk_Diggler »

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3697 on: January 02, 2020, 03:23:17 AM »
Nah, it was a good game. Not great, but very enjoyable. Yes the checkpoints/save points suck but that is about it. Combat is great. Turn down the difficulty if you are not that quick. You really actually have to block and dodge, if you don't you will just die over and over, which sounds like what is happening to you. Learn the mechanics, its like a souls game with the combat. If you do not parry and dodge and block, you are dead.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:28:22 AM by os89 »

Audrey II

« Reply #3698 on: January 02, 2020, 05:52:14 AM »
kinda felt obligated

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #3699 on: January 05, 2020, 04:15:34 PM »
Nah, it was a good game. Not great, but very enjoyable. Yes the checkpoints/save points suck but that is about it. Combat is great. Turn down the difficulty if you are not that quick. You really actually have to block and dodge, if you don't you will just die over and over, which sounds like what is happening to you. Learn the mechanics, its like a souls game with the combat. If you do not parry and dodge and block, you are dead.

I had a lot of fun playing this in Story mode for a couple of weeks, especially while my Puerto Rican MIL was in town and I couldn't fully converse with her due to language barrier. Story was fun, lots of things to unlock and it was great progressing through and getting to the finish. Altogether, I give it 7.5-10. With that said..

What upset me the most about this game is the fact nothing happens when you complete some large milestones, post completing the story, such as:
-Fully exploring planets
-Fulfilling entire Jedi skill tree
It would have made me loyal to completing these things if I knew there were more rewards to be had

Other things I disliked:
-Even though you make an alliance with the Night Sister, the whole planet still hates you (wtf?)
-The mods to your saber are purely aesthetics, i.e. do not affect to play of it. I think a great future would be aspiring to get different materials for more damage, something. I'm playing on my 60" TV and can't notice a difference in appearance when actually playing.
-Same with Pancho material - make different materials stronger against impact and/or lighter and you'd be able to run faster or jump higher (not that you need a higher jump after getting the double-jump ability)
-Making the ship more interactive (interior) and LET ME FUCKING RUN IN THE SHIP
-Crawling between crevices and cracks was annoyingly slow and pointless
-Not being able to re-visit imperial ship with Vader after the story is complete sucked. Would have liked to roam around there more
-ADD FEATURE TO REPLAY PARTS OF THE STORY FROM WHICHEVER POINT YOU WANT so I can replay the empire ship.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3700 on: January 05, 2020, 04:44:00 PM »
Reinstalled gta 4 for my ps3 ...playing this game killed 8 hours easily  ;D

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3701 on: January 05, 2020, 04:56:54 PM »
just completed link to the past yesterday, I feel rly empty now. I have no idea of what should I play next
Just shred some serious gnar.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3702 on: January 05, 2020, 11:21:58 PM »
just completed link to the past yesterday, I feel rly empty now. I have no idea of what should I play next

Earthbound?

Audrey II

« Reply #3703 on: January 06, 2020, 05:49:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Earthbound?
this is always the correct answer

Yu Dum

« Reply #3704 on: January 08, 2020, 07:33:19 AM »
Beat the Link's Awakening remake while I was sick and started trying to get into BOTW, but fuck, man... It's gonna take some getting used to with the whole cooking mechanics and breaking weapons. I feel like I'll love it once I'm past the initial "start" of the game. Just gotta get to that point...

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3705 on: January 08, 2020, 09:51:18 AM »
Just started playing The Last of Us because my wife got stuck at some point in the game. After 45 minutes of play, the story is entertaining but the gameplay is pretty slow and boring. Coming fresh off of Star Wars, this game is a yawn. Hopefully it gets better.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3706 on: January 08, 2020, 10:25:55 AM »
Just started playing The Last of Us because my wife got stuck at some point in the game. After 45 minutes of play, the story is entertaining but the gameplay is pretty slow and boring. Coming fresh off of Star Wars, this game is a yawn. Hopefully it gets better.
I ended up giving up after running into the first patch of clickers. Definitely one of those games where you have to really be into zombies.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3707 on: January 08, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I ended up giving up after running into the first patch of clickers. Definitely one of those games where you have to really be into zombies.

I like horror movies but I think the content, in sacrifice to the gameplay, is what draws people in.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3708 on: January 08, 2020, 11:06:55 AM »

I've heard this from every gamer i met, that its just too slow...Im thinking of buying witcher 3 tonight after watching it on Netflix im highly interested in it

Handwrecker

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3709 on: January 09, 2020, 01:55:30 PM »
I’ve been playing a handful of games after a recent surgery.

Recently finished The Last of Us. I’m usually not a fan of zombies, horror or anything from that genre. TLOU had me excited after the first chapter. Seemed like it was gonna be more post apocalypse style. As soon as the ‘zombies’ were introduced, I started regretting spending $15.

I played it on normal difficulty, it was frustrating when I kept dying over. I almost gave up and ate the $15 loss. That’s when it finally dawned on me; you’re playing as a grizzled man in a shitty end of the world setting. Why would you have an endless supply of ammo or unrealistic physical attributes? I needed to use every item/skill available and set it up better.

The game was supposed to be tense, I was supposed to move slowly and plan out each and every target. I never relaxed and never looked forward to the next big battle. I always wanted to save ammo and check everywhere for resources. That part of the design definitely worked. It was frustrating when you lost but it felt very satisfying when you won and advanced further into the story and characters.

I really wanted to write it off after the first couple hours, but I recommend figuring out what to change to get further. The story had me emotionally invested and the frustrating parts started to make sense.

tl;dr - will be frustrating and tense, try something different if stuck, avoid spoilers, I prob won’t play a 2nd time

Handwrecker

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3710 on: January 09, 2020, 02:11:57 PM »
Last game I finished was The Witcher 3. I thought it lived up to the hype. Story , ‘choices’, music and voices were all great. They made one of the most immersive worlds without it feeling like you had to grind or trudge through the same stuff over and over. GOTD

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #3711 on: January 09, 2020, 06:19:22 PM »
What I want to play again: Halo 2 on the hardest difficulty.
What I'm contemplating buying/playing: Witcher 3 and Red dead redemption 2
What I'll keep playing: super smash and LA noire

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3712 on: January 09, 2020, 10:29:08 PM »
What I want to play again: Halo 2 on the hardest difficulty.
What I'm contemplating buying/playing: Witcher 3 and Red dead redemption 2
What I'll keep playing: super smash and LA noire

Halo 2 on legendary is damn near impossible. In co-op, even harder.

I made it two levels in. Jackals are relentless, you will have to know where every single one is, because they one hit kill you. Every single enemy is pretty much death.

I'm back to Sekiro. Still pretty good but there are too many bosses.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #3713 on: January 11, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »
RdR2 rn. I hate to make progress in the game because I don't want it to end.

I am also working on titanfall 2, Batman Arkham city, and days gone.

PGA with Rory McIlroy I also play occasionally.

Re7 was so sick!

I want to play Subnautica. Has anyone played it?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3714 on: January 12, 2020, 06:51:48 AM »
Dividing my time tonight between Trials Uprising on the Switch and PUBG on the phone. 
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3715 on: January 12, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »
Army Men Sarge's Heroes, I had it like 20 years ago as a kid but never beat it until yesterday lol

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #3716 on: January 12, 2020, 10:08:14 AM »
Army Men Sarge's Heroes, I had it like 20 years ago as a kid but never beat it until yesterday lol

What a throwback
This game was sick

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #3717 on: January 12, 2020, 02:23:00 PM »
Witcher 3 is my video game equivalent of Flip Sorry. I've spent the past 5 years chasing the dragon, but nothing compares.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3718 on: January 12, 2020, 02:45:31 PM »
Witcher 3 is my video game equivalent of Flip Sorry. I've spent the past 5 years chasing the dragon, but nothing compares.

This was enough to convince me - buying it this week

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #3719 on: January 12, 2020, 03:22:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This was enough to convince me - buying it this week
If you can get the DLC for a few bucks more, do it! Blood and Wine could be sold as a stand-alone game. The Toissant map and advanced mutations are badass as fuck.