Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173245 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #300 on: July 02, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »
Got a new clip today, I'm pretty stoked.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -287
« Reply #301 on: July 02, 2011, 11:58:09 PM »
Got to my local park & was blown away by how many scooter kids
were there. I particularly enjoyed it when a kid started crying because
a board hit him in the leg.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2011, 04:54:59 AM »
bieng one of 3 people to manage to skate all day through the heat, it was so fucking hot that we started the session with about 20 people and ended just 3 people skating and everyone else completley dead under some shade, although when i got hoome my clothes were all disgustingly sweaty. also winning a 4 man game of skate with just shove variations was fun

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2011, 06:25:51 AM »

Skated this ditch today, got a nice kickflip fakie going. I want to dry up that water in the middle so I can get a little more speed from the other side though, trying to get a no comply tailslide or something.
that looks like so much fun, talk about a photogenic spot

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
chinese nollies and the fact that I managed to do a line of flatground tricks down a hill without fucking up. 

did not particularly enjoy: the fact that I only ever skate alone and can't seem to find a single fun spot to skate nearby me, despite living in a fairly urban area

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »
not being able to stand at work due to having an amazing dead leg after bailing yesterday so I spent the day sat on my arse. legs fucked though

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
walking out the door and throwing down a cruiser board to take over to my buddy's apartment, and then watching my friends that don't skate play Skate3 for an hour or so and having to teach them not to push mongo (or X/◊ in this case).
worked on some more carpet cruiser graphics this morning though.
@idealhandmades

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #307 on: July 08, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »
wearing myself down trying to do something. Skating a ditch trying to tailslide a pretty tall bank, pushing my ass off, coming close, running back and repeating it, despite my body sending me all sorts of signs to stop. I was seeing spots, my legs felt terrible, and I kept burping in a way wear I thought I was going to puke from overexertion, then I landed it, and laid down for like 10 minutes trying to catch my breath and get myself back to a stable state. I'm sore as fuck, but I got the trick, and now the soreness is just a reminder of what an awesome time skating I had today trying, and eventually landing that trick. Skateboarding is so fucking awesome. God I fucking love it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2011, 11:36:52 PM »
Finally getting to skate a spot I've eyed up on my way to work every day for months now.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -287
« Reply #309 on: July 09, 2011, 11:51:09 PM »
wearing myself down trying to do something. Skating a ditch trying to tailslide a pretty tall bank, pushing my ass off, coming close, running back and repeating it, despite my body sending me all sorts of signs to stop. I was seeing spots, my legs felt terrible, and I kept burping in a way wear I thought I was going to puke from overexertion, then I landed it, and laid down for like 10 minutes trying to catch my breath and get myself back to a stable state. I'm sore as fuck, but I got the trick, and now the soreness is just a reminder of what an awesome time skating I had today trying, and eventually landing that trick. Skateboarding is so fucking awesome. God I fucking love it.

That sore feeling is amazing. Big Ups Lad!

THE VOICE.

• Rep: 0
« Reply #310 on: July 10, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
saw my friend do a rad trick today. made me super hyped for him. ::)
Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals!... except the weasels.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #311 on: July 10, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »
I just found the sickest ledge by my apartment. Like seriously 2 blocks away. its super long and the ground is so smooth. SOOOOO hyped

im probably lying

kevbo999

« Reply #312 on: July 10, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
Got a couple friends out for the first time this year.  Street skating with other people rules.  Here's the icing on the cake though..  At some point in the sesh I fell backwards against a wall, 20 minutes later, I take my shirt off and notice a crushed bumblebee stuck to it.  Half alive but he didn't manage to sting me.  Stoked.

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #313 on: July 10, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
I skated the big bowl section of FDR for the first time.  It just didn't look as steep and tall as it used to.

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #314 on: July 10, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »

+ the walk of shame.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #315 on: July 10, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
+ the walk of shame.
People always stare at me on the walk back home with a broken board.

suetra

• Rep: 5
« Reply #316 on: July 10, 2011, 09:32:24 PM »
Cruising the streets at dark.
We got alot of walls, alot of fucking shit!

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #317 on: July 10, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »
watching that rasa libre clip someone just posted...

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2011, 10:28:31 PM »
bleeding hands at work

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
Thinking i was gonna go home without landing my trick due to the dark and deciding to give it a few more goes... Ended up landing in nearly full darkness... Pretty hyped.

bandini

« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2011, 12:27:30 AM »
Went to this spot with 2 tricks in mind... spent an hour & a half trying the first trick (fakie heel) off a ledge into this bank thing, landed on a few but never rode away. Finally, exhausted, dehydrated, sore, decided to give up, even though I hate giving up on a trick... just for the fuck of it, tried the 2nd trick (varial heel). Landed it in 3 tries. Immediately forgot I was tired & started trying other stuff. Landing something can definitely restore the energy level.: )

aWizard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »
Taking off my shirt after skating all day..
And realizing I forgot to bandage the road rash from a few days ago so now my shirt is stuck to me and I had to rip it off my skin pretty much.
I like my trucks between "loose" and "you're a faggot".

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
I went skating few hours ago in the biggest heat, just behind my house on a small schoolyard with good flatground, and a threestair, I always go there if Im not working or Im not at school and all the homies are lazy to go skate.  I had so much fun skating by myself, even thought I feel like shit now from the heat.. But whatevs, I havent done a nollie hardflip for the longest time and I did one today, so Im happy.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2011, 10:17:39 AM »
Went to this spot with 2 tricks in mind... spent an hour & a half trying the first trick (fakie heel) off a ledge into this bank thing, landed on a few but never rode away. Finally, exhausted, dehydrated, sore, decided to give up, even though I hate giving up on a trick... just for the fuck of it, tried the 2nd trick (varial heel). Landed it in 3 tries. Immediately forgot I was tired & started trying other stuff. Landing something can definitely restore the energy level.: )

i know you said you didnt ride away, but that is sick! fakie heels have to be one of the most awkward tricks, for me anyways. i feel like i rarely see people do them.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
skating flat today was so fun, i'm generally a heel flipper, but today i just did kickflip stuff.  i was doing switch bs flips 1 of 3 tries by the end, they feel amazing when you're in the air and you know your back foot just caught it right.  always sucked at half cabs, but figured out it was my non-popping foot's position and now they're almost like my nollie 180s. did a bunch of half cab flips and a few nollie fs flips too, the latter having always caused me trouble.  i pretty much just feel like for the past few months i've been rising off of a plateau that i was on for a while, makes skating that much better

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i know you said you didnt ride away, but that is sick! fakie heels have to be one of the most awkward tricks, for me anyways. i feel like i rarely see people do them.

my friend calls them "shit heels", always thought that was a good name.  purely a game of skate trick at our park

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

my friend calls them "shit heels", always thought that was a good name.  purely a game of skate trick at our park
Benny Fairfax has an awesome fakie heel, and not just on flatground.
@idealhandmades

bandini

« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I do them on flat all the time, but I just saw some video (totally blanking on which - maybe the new tw vid?) where someone did a fakie heel over a rail into a big bank. Got me thinking I could try taking the trick to a larger obstacle than flatground.: )

Turned out not to be so easy tho...

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
this thread makes me all tingly inside

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I do them on flat all the time, but I just saw some video (totally blanking on which - maybe the new tw vid?) where someone did a fakie heel over a rail into a big bank. Got me thinking I could try taking the trick to a larger obstacle than flatground.: )

Turned out not to be so easy tho...

Yup. Wes Kremer in the new TWS video like a fucking G.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW