Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584813 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4170 on: January 15, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is open relationship the same as getting cucked
[close]
   Could drift into that zone pretty suddenly i'd say.   I could only have an open relationship with a girl in her 20s.  Those are people you know u cant be with forever anyway so it wouldnt hurt if they were with someone.
[close]

what the fuck?

but yeah, sharing your girl is a one way ticket to crywanking in a cupboard whilst shes getting rattled by someone else. fuck that

Will try to work this into my daily vocabulary.

Uncle Gavone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • just when I thought I was out,they pull me back in
« Reply #4171 on: January 17, 2020, 02:08:46 PM »
Why are kids so quick to stop skateboarding to pick up scooters these days??
what the fuck happened

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #4172 on: January 17, 2020, 02:55:14 PM »
Why are kids so quick to stop skateboarding to pick up scooters these days??
what the fuck happened

I think it's just way easier to ride.  Plus there's a cost aspect from parents in terms of 1 scooter vs x amount of boards if the kid is starting to do tricks.  Feel ya, but it makes some sense
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #4173 on: January 17, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »
have an idea for an art piece with mannequins I was thinking getting gear for each model from the 70's Z-Boyz to present Dickies and condom beanies from the VX dudes.

I'm curious where to buy mannequins,  the clothes and boards will be a task to find. 

Any other ideas I can come up with Pals? 

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4174 on: January 17, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »

No.

cuckflip

« Reply #4175 on: January 17, 2020, 05:17:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No.

^ lol yeah right!

In any open relationship someone is being cucked (mentally or physically)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4176 on: January 17, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
who the fuck listens to h3 podcast . that dude and his wife suck and gonna assume anyone that’s a fan sucks too
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #4177 on: January 17, 2020, 08:12:03 PM »
who the fuck listens to h3 podcast . that dude and his wife suck and gonna assume anyone that’s a fan sucks too

Ramrod

• Rep: 7
« Reply #4178 on: January 18, 2020, 09:48:53 PM »
What will be Tarantino's next excuse of a film for him to personally pepper a few n-bombs into?

Rick_Kane

« Reply #4179 on: January 20, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
Winter clothing makes adults look like little kids. You can be old as fuck, but when you put on that puffy bubble coat and pom pom beanie, you may as well be a toddler.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #4180 on: January 20, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »
have an idea for an art piece with mannequins I was thinking getting gear for each model from the 70's Z-Boyz to present Dickies and condom beanies from the VX dudes.

I'm curious where to buy mannequins,  the clothes and boards will be a task to find. 

Any other ideas I can come up with Pals?

I appreciate that SLAP is your go-to place for a mannequin request. There's a certain thread that's full of them somewhere on here, but you'll need quite the endurant 3D printer.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:39:58 PM by silhouette »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #4181 on: January 20, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »
How the fuck do you buy a house in southern california?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4182 on: January 20, 2020, 07:26:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

No.
[close]

^ lol yeah right!

In any open relationship someone is being cucked (mentally or physically)

Only if you are highly insecure and are about as mature as a 16 year old.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4183 on: January 21, 2020, 04:53:33 PM »
Winter clothing makes adults look like little kids. You can be old as fuck, but when you put on that puffy bubble coat and pom pom beanie, you may as well be a toddler.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #4184 on: January 21, 2020, 05:31:16 PM »
if you dropped 1,000 king cobras into 1,000,000 worlds with the same environments but with different animals, what would they end up looking and acting like, and how long would they survive as a species?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #4185 on: January 21, 2020, 08:39:14 PM »
Has the Yaje Popson AWS x Burial-Untrue deck been discussed on here already?
https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/71653

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4186 on: January 21, 2020, 10:43:47 PM »
Has the Yaje Popson AWS x Burial-Untrue deck been discussed on here already?
https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/71653

I don't know if this is cool or cringeworthy.

Photosynthesis era AWS was my shit as a kid. And Burial has been my go to music in a lot of rough times.

Something about seeing that Untrue artwork on a board doesn't feel right. Maybe it's my disdain for Kode 9 coming through.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #4187 on: January 22, 2020, 07:45:25 AM »
Can I clean my records with a soft towel?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4188 on: January 22, 2020, 08:17:24 AM »
The implications of what I do for a living. Yesterday a girl told me she needed public assistance to get an abortion, which she got setup with. She didn't need to tell me what she needed coverage for, but she told me because I asked if it was an emergency, she could have said yes or no. I am pro choice but I kind of felt like, wow I just got this girl everything she needs to terminate her pregnancy. Not that I feel bad about it or anything, I'm sure it's for the best, but it's weird to have had a small hand in it. I'm glad I could help her, but it makes me upset how many people we have in situations like this and not enough staff to handle the demand. I called out today because I had a few customers with similar hardships and supervisors were not helping at all. I had to make 3 calls at the end of the day with really bad news, and had to stay past closing with the people on the phone to talk to them and give them reassurance.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #4189 on: January 22, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »

Look up record cleaning kits on amazon. You can go all out and get one of those spin clean things for like $80, but you can also just get a little brush thing and a squirt bottle for less than $20.

I've found that a lot of people online think that if you breath too hard on a record, it's ruined, but they're not THAT delicate, so just be careful what you read. I probably wouldn't use a bath towel or a paper towel to wipe one down, but like the other dude said, an old soft tshirt will work for now and you're not going to destroy your records.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4190 on: January 23, 2020, 06:11:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Look up record cleaning kits on amazon. You can go all out and get one of those spin clean things for like $80, but you can also just get a little brush thing and a squirt bottle for less than $20.

I've found that a lot of people online think that if you breath too hard on a record, it's ruined, but they're not THAT delicate, so just be careful what you read. I probably wouldn't use a bath towel or a paper towel to wipe one down, but like the other dude said, an old soft tshirt will work for now and you're not going to destroy your records.

I was going to buy some velvet from walmart and make my own brush, Money is a little tight at the moment so I have to be careful.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #4191 on: January 23, 2020, 06:57:41 AM »
Microfiber cloth works fine

PMA

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4192 on: January 23, 2020, 07:04:24 AM »
Microfiber cloth works fine
OK cool thanks!

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #4193 on: January 23, 2020, 01:33:38 PM »
If there was a pit, say about 10,000 feet deep, and it was filled about 2/3 of the way up with feathers, and you jumped off a cliff into that pit, would you just slowly slow down as you fell through all of the feathers and survive?

Irvine-Sucks.com

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4194 on: January 24, 2020, 05:46:37 AM »
When cats see food, do they think the word food or do they just blindly eat it

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4195 on: January 24, 2020, 06:06:02 AM »
Blindly. Cat's aren't as domesticated as dogs so they just got that animal brain going. I think all animals are like that.

Dogs probably don't think it either, but both pickup verbal cues. Like my dog would go crazy if you said "treat" and my girlfriends cat goes crazy when she shakes the treat bag.

Supposedly dogs have been so domesticated they wouldn't survive without humans, supposedly.

You should watch the documentary The Secret Life Of Cats. They put little cameras on cats and see where they go at night. They do it to a bunch of cats in a neighborhood and they even have a gps that shows their path at the end of the night. It's crazy how each cat has territory and the lines show how they don't usually cross others.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4196 on: January 24, 2020, 06:10:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Blindly. Cat's aren't as domesticated as dogs so they just got that animal brain going. I think all animals are like that.

Dogs probably don't think it either, but both pickup verbal cues. Like my dog would go crazy if you said "treat" and my girlfriends cat goes crazy when she shakes the treat bag.

Supposedly dogs have been so domesticated they wouldn't survive without humans, supposedly.

You should watch the documentary The Secret Life Of Cats. They put little cameras on cats and see where they go at night. They do it to a bunch of cats in a neighborhood and they even have a gps that shows their path at the end of the night. It's crazy how each cat has territory and the lines show how they don't usually cross others.
where can I watch that? I have an orange tabby and he's so strange, he licks the paint off of my upstairs railing.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4197 on: January 24, 2020, 06:24:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
where can I watch that? I have an orange tabby and he's so strange, he licks the paint off of my upstairs railing.
Yeah tabby’s are the shit. Orange or black I like. My girlfriend’s is orange. It’s actually called The Secret Life of The Cat by bbc. Not to be confused with the National Geographic secret life of cats.

Here’s part 1.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10w49m

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4198 on: January 24, 2020, 05:12:30 PM »
I figured i'd just ask this here rather than starting a new thread, but does anyone here have any experience with truck driving as a career? I've been contemplating giving it a another try because I was in school for it years ago but the timing was unfortunate so I couldn't complete it and just never got back to it.

I find trucking appealing but i'm also aware that it can be both physically and mentally draining, so I was just wondering if anyone here who has experience can share their thoughts on whether or not it's worth it.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4199 on: January 24, 2020, 07:30:51 PM »
I figured i'd just ask this here rather than starting a new thread, but does anyone here have any experience with truck driving as a career? I've been contemplating giving it a another try because I was in school for it years ago but the timing was unfortunate so I couldn't complete it and just never got back to it.

I find trucking appealing but i'm also aware that it can be both physically and mentally draining, so I was just wondering if anyone here who has experience can share their thoughts on whether or not it's worth it.
My old gay boss who is a total douchebag said his brother is a trucker and loves it. And that it actually sounds fun and he makes really good money. I have thought about it many times. The only downside I see is self driving cars killing the job in the years to come and you're on the road a lot. If you are single would probably be a less of a problem. Try going on youtube and search like day in the life of a trucker or some shit.