Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 945332 times)

bongboarder420 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fake nollie.sk8er

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -37
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #8310 on: June 10, 2020, 04:38:03 PM »

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #8311 on: June 11, 2020, 05:26:10 AM »
I got HBO max and went through some of it and added only movies I should have seen by now. I watched Bound last night. It wasn't good by any means, but I enjoyed it. Mid 90s lesbian crime story directed by the Wachowski's.

fake nollie.sk8er

• Rep: -37
« Reply #8312 on: June 11, 2020, 10:02:49 AM »

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8313 on: June 12, 2020, 05:34:59 AM »
Just noticing how goofy it looks to have ventures and big wheels^^^

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #8314 on: June 12, 2020, 08:14:41 AM »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8315 on: June 12, 2020, 11:22:23 AM »
I really enjoyed this David Lynch short:

Everything Lynch does is amazing (other than Dune, which Lynch is of and Smithee is credited as the director now).

I watched the Straight Story last night and it was actually way better than I expected. A feel good Lynch movie feels like an oxymoron but it was pretty good.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:28:38 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • old and in the way
« Reply #8316 on: June 12, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
I really enjoyed this David Lynch short:

[close]

Everything Lynch does is amazing (other than Dune, which Lynch is of and Smithee is credited as the director now).

I watched the Straight Story last night and it was actually way better than I expected. A feel good Lynch movie feels like an oxymoron but it was pretty good.

I still haven't seen the Straight Story yet. Hopefully I can find it streaming and check it out. As simple seeming as that Lynch film Pozar is it just hits all these points with the sound work and images. Even when he had that small Lumier camera section/part he comes through.
I watched Ladybird on Netflix and loved it.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #8317 on: June 12, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »
Yeah, Straight Story is the only Lynch movie I haven't seen. It's on here, I'm gonna watch it this weekend:
https://soap2day.to/movie_aTo0MTI0Ow.html

A classic:

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #8318 on: June 12, 2020, 01:17:10 PM »
Yeah, Straight Story is the only Lynch movie I haven't seen. It's on here, I'm gonna watch it this weekend:
https://soap2day.to/movie_aTo0MTI0Ow.html

A classic:

childhood, thank you for the link

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8319 on: July 12, 2020, 10:35:32 AM »
Watched Knives Out recently.
Really couldn't get into it at the start then the last 10-20 minutes blew me away.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #8320 on: July 12, 2020, 05:31:04 PM »
Palm Springs on Hulu - was pretty light but enjoyable spin on the time travel genre.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #8321 on: August 02, 2020, 12:21:18 PM »
In uncertain time's I'd like for everyone who's had a bad day with everything going on recently to take a look at this movie.

I cried watching this, it was a good sadness for love and compassion for everyone especially the troll's, I love you guy's.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #8322 on: August 15, 2020, 05:10:12 PM »
I know there's some pretty heavy Western nuts that post in this thread, so I'm wondering if anybody has any recommendations.

I have been on a huge binge lately, but I'm kinda particular about the ones I like; I like dark, dreary, slow and violent westerns.  Not really shoot em up or good guy/bad guy ones.. ones that are just... grim and depressing?  Acid Westerns as they've been called.

Some of my favorites are:

The Hired Hand
McCabe and Miss Miller
Once Upon a Time in the West
Good, Bad and the Ugly
Cutthroats 9
The Great Silence
Unforgiven
The Shooting
Pat Garret and Billy The Kid
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

anybody have any obscure ones they really love? 

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #8323 on: August 16, 2020, 05:17:46 AM »
I know there's some pretty heavy Western nuts that post in this thread, so I'm wondering if anybody has any recommendations.

I have been on a huge binge lately, but I'm kinda particular about the ones I like; I like dark, dreary, slow and violent westerns.  Not really shoot em up or good guy/bad guy ones.. ones that are just... grim and depressing?  Acid Westerns as they've been called.

The Hired Hand
McCabe and Miss Miller
Good, Bad and the Ugly
Cutthroats 9
The Great Silence
Unforgiven
The Shooting

Recently, In a Valley of Violence.
Great take on the John Wick style revenge setup.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #8324 on: August 16, 2020, 08:34:06 AM »

The Hired Hand
McCabe and Miss Miller
Good, Bad and the Ugly
Cutthroats 9
The Great Silence
Unforgiven
The Shooting

Hostiles is streaming on Netflix and I feel like you'd enjoy that. Also Slow West is one I really enjoy. It just got taken off Netflix, but worth checking out.

Irvine-Sucks.com

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #8325 on: August 16, 2020, 08:36:26 AM »
One of the most fucked feelings I've ever had watching anything

Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #8326 on: August 16, 2020, 12:11:31 PM »
I finally saw Cronos. A perfectly imperfect little film. Ron Perlman and his nose job obsession won my heart over.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #8327 on: August 16, 2020, 12:12:00 PM »
I watched Green Room last night on Netflix and it was great. Definitely intense, if you’re looking for a solid thriller with neo nazi Patrick Stewart check it out.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #8328 on: August 16, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »
watched Guns Akimbo the other day, pretty good action movie with the actor from Harry Potter

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #8329 on: August 16, 2020, 05:35:36 PM »
Just rewatched Aliens the other day and it's insane how perfectly paced it is. There's not a wasted moment in it—nor does it ever feel rushed. I don't think I've ever see a 2 hour and 24 minute movie that moves so effortlessly.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #8330 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:50 AM »
Just got to see Once Upon A Time In Hollywood yesterday. Thought it was pretty good.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #8331 on: August 18, 2020, 06:36:09 PM »
some good ones lately,

He died with a felafel in his hand, 90s aussie movie about roomate life, vaguely punk, great soundtrack. stars noah taylor.

The Passenger, mastroiani movie starring jack nicholson. existential tale set in europe and africa, similar feel to Blow Up though not quite as good imo.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #8332 on: August 18, 2020, 08:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote

The Hired Hand
McCabe and Miss Miller
Good, Bad and the Ugly
Cutthroats 9
The Great Silence
Unforgiven
The Shooting

[close]

Hostiles is streaming on Netflix and I feel like you'd enjoy that. Also Slow West is one I really enjoy. It just got taken off Netflix, but worth checking out.

Yeah I've checked those out, loved them both.  I just watched 60's Western called Hombre with Paul Newman that was pretty cool, worth checking out..

The Passenger, mastroiani movie starring jack nicholson. existential tale set in europe and africa, similar feel to Blow Up though not quite as good imo.

Is that the one with Maria Schneider?  If it's that one I've been wanting to check it out... couldn't find it streaming anywhere though?  I love Nicholson movies from that period.

Just watched a Russian film, Come and See....  this could easily be the best movie I've ever seen, and without a doubt one of the most disturbing and depressing.  It is about a young boy in Nazi-occupied Belarus during WWII and it was horrific and phenomenal.  It was visually and audibly amazing, and the story was heartbreaking.  Not sure if anybody else has seen it but I would love to hear what other people have to say about it.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #8333 on: August 18, 2020, 10:36:20 PM »
Come and See is probably the best war movie ever made.  Absolutely devastating. 

the movie was shot chronologically over the course of 9 months, and you can see the main character age.  his hair turns white by the end.  pretty sure they used live rounds in all of the fighting scenes.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #8334 on: August 18, 2020, 10:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The Hired Hand
McCabe and Miss Miller
Good, Bad and the Ugly
Cutthroats 9
The Great Silence
Unforgiven
The Shooting

[close]

[close]

Yeah I've checked those out, loved them both.  I just watched 60's Western called Hombre with Paul Newman that was pretty cool, worth checking out..

Expand Quote
[close]

Is that the one with Maria Schneider?  If it's that one I've been wanting to check it out... couldn't find it streaming anywhere though?  I love Nicholson movies from that period.

Just watched a Russian film, Come and See....  this could easily be the best movie I've ever seen, and without a doubt one of the most disturbing and depressing.  It is about a young boy in Nazi-occupied Belarus during WWII and it was horrific and phenomenal.  It was visually and audibly amazing, and the story was heartbreaking.  Not sure if anybody else has seen it but I would love to hear what other people have to say about it.

havent seen it but saw a youtube video on it saying its the gnarliest horror film of all time that didnt try to be a horror film. the translation of the title is a bit off where it originally was called 'Walk and look' or something, as in you're being commanded by a superior to witness the atrocities and you can't look away. dunno if ill watch it shit like this that actually happened is on a different level of fuckedness in my eyes tends to be more upsetting than entertaining but i dont blame people for making these types of movies
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #8335 on: August 18, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »
Took me several years to sit down and watch Come and See. A stunning but heavy movie you don't necessarily want to watch again.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #8336 on: August 19, 2020, 06:58:22 AM »

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #8337 on: August 19, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »
I'm a sucker for some cosmic horror and practical effects and I watched the void on shutter for the first time about a week ago and have since watched it 2 more times. Holy fuck, it's incredible.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #8338 on: August 19, 2020, 01:28:08 PM »

The Hired Hand
McCabe and Miss Miller
Good, Bad and the Ugly
Cutthroats 9
The Great Silence
Unforgiven
The Shooting

The Proposal. Australian western written by Nick Cave.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

duster1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8339 on: August 19, 2020, 02:41:57 PM »
Was going to post the opening scene, but looks like the movie is on Youtube

Fish Tank by Andrea Arnold
Skating and Baitin