Author Topic: bikes  (Read 308852 times)

Blue Fescue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: bikes
« Reply #930 on: May 09, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »
got a sweet deal on this gem, homie bought it and realized that he hates biking. i am kinda over my old roadbike, it already felt like its holding me back a little (its 20 years old, and most of my bike buddies are on 3000 euro carbon frames.)
cant wait to test this baby.
(its a canyon endurace)

so nice.   I want a canyon mountain bike but they aren't over here in the US yet.  germany has the best direct bike buying.  canyon, rose, yt etc

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #931 on: May 10, 2017, 03:48:05 AM »
yeah, at least 8 of my friends have got either canyon roadbikes or mountain bikes, all over their price range. every single one super happy with them.

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #932 on: June 16, 2017, 06:04:46 AM »

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #933 on: June 16, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »

That front tire/downtube clearance is blowing my mind.

Also, are those the Cult x Vans grips? I put some on my bike a couple months ago and am seriously diggin em.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #934 on: June 16, 2017, 07:38:38 PM »
That Flite is so beautiful, Clang. I have the exact same tires on mine.

I got a Trek Emonda ALR 5 as a graduation present. It's been great since I can't ride brakeless fixed for the time being bc of my ankle. I'm liking gears a lot.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #935 on: June 16, 2017, 08:23:06 PM »
Before I found my way back to skating, I spent a couple of years obsessed with downhill/freeride mountain biking, here's my steed:

Haven't ridden in almost a year now, definitely gotta get back to it soon.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #936 on: June 16, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »
I stripped all my shit off to a single speed and it's a great idea.....the only thing I miss is pedalling super fast down hills....but I treated shifters like a TV remote so I'm psyched not to have them.....I was my own worst enemy.....

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #937 on: June 17, 2017, 03:25:54 AM »
i switched my commuter ride to fixed again, and i really forgot how much i like it. only downside is that riding my road bike feels so weird now, like "whoa, i dont have to pedal all the time?".

Clang

« Reply #938 on: June 17, 2017, 08:22:07 AM »
Thanks for the love guys! I love your flite planman, and that trek looks sweet. I would like to get a road bike someday too.

Grampa; the front end clearance is super crazy. I never thought it would come that close but it's super fun. Toe overlap is a bit tricky at times but it's not a real issue as soon as you get going. Those are the Cult x Vans grips, I bought them because I like vans and they look cool but I was worried they would be uncomfortable. I was so wrong. They're super comfy and I really like them too!

Clang

« Reply #939 on: June 17, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »
I also have this rockhopper I picked up off a local classifieds for a winter beater. Was mostly original when I bought it (had a rock shox fork before). It's pretty fun!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #940 on: June 18, 2017, 08:34:05 AM »
I have a Kona hardtail that's over20 yrs old I can't part with.  They are building a pump track down the street which I might get some rock shox put on.....

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1516
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #941 on: June 18, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
where do you guys commute? I commute 8 km in one direction every day (city) and my shocks on my hybrid get used quite a lot ... I also have a seatpost shock absorber and that comes in handy when I turn to gravel roads. Aren't these stiff road bikes too limiting?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2274
« Reply #942 on: June 18, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »

Got this single speed laying around that needs a new rear tube, always getting flats on a screw or some bullshit on these dirty roads. Good commuter to work which used to be over ten miles away and now is hardly five.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #943 on: June 19, 2017, 06:28:39 AM »
Before I found my way back to skating, I spent a couple of years obsessed with downhill/freeride mountain biking, here's my steed:

So Nice.  I wish i lived somewhere with hills.  Have you seen the new Norco prototype that Sam Blenkinsop is riding in the downhill world cup this year?

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #944 on: June 22, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So Nice.  I wish i lived somewhere with hills.  Have you seen the new Norco prototype that Sam Blenkinsop is riding in the downhill world cup this year?

I still have at least a 30-45min drive to get to decent hills/mountains, but its always worth it! And I've been totally out of the loop with bike news lately :o DH bikes are getting so tech and futuristic lol I'm not too hyped on the move to DH 29ers

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #945 on: June 23, 2017, 09:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I still have at least a 30-45min drive to get to decent hills/mountains, but its always worth it! And I've been totally out of the loop with bike news lately :o DH bikes are getting so tech and futuristic lol I'm not too hyped on the move to DH 29ers

The world cup this year has been really good.  they are in the middle of crankworx right now though.  Yeah, Minaar bringing out the 29er this year got every other team scrambling.  People are always looking for the edge to win i suppose.  plus the industry has to push consumers to upgrade.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #946 on: June 24, 2017, 10:40:45 AM »
My bike chain just snapped when I was going up a very mellow hill. I was struggling way more than I should, which is, none at all, and then BAM, the chain snapped and fell on the asphalt. Luckily, I wasn't too far from home... what could have happened?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #947 on: June 24, 2017, 11:44:15 PM »
My bike chain just snapped when I was going up a very mellow hill. I was struggling way more than I should, which is, none at all, and then BAM, the chain snapped and fell on the asphalt. Luckily, I wasn't too far from home... what could have happened?

Actual breakage is rare. Most of the time a link detaches from the pin. Get a high quality chain or a cheap one with a mushroomed pin like the KMC "X" series.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2017, 09:32:47 PM »
Was it dry? If it's not lubed properly that can happen

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

colin

« Reply #949 on: July 19, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »
Eric's G'd up with a DB:

And I put a Brooks saddle on my single speed Bridgestone:

Proud Black Lesbian

« Reply #950 on: July 21, 2017, 12:20:53 AM »
Important message on bicycle safety:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aK_Ru6tScBE

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1516
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #951 on: July 21, 2017, 01:04:48 AM »
Not even mad, children's toys are what we are all about here ;)

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #952 on: July 23, 2017, 07:30:58 AM »
Bikes are one of the best inventions. The only reason why it's not as popular as it should be is the lobbying by the car industry. Here's a lil clip from my local store:
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

colin

« Reply #953 on: July 25, 2017, 12:42:14 PM »
^^^ I like seeing dudes on road bikes do bunny hops.

PBL, if you don't already know, it seems like you should know that Susan B. Anthony stated that nothing in history has done more for women's lib than the bicycle:

"Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood."

Stay proud and untrammeled.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:50:45 PM by colin »

Clang

« Reply #954 on: September 14, 2017, 05:04:21 PM »
Just thought I would give an update on my bike. Got the steerer tube cut, also replaced the loaner kona stem with a thomson and just threw on some drop bars with cotton tape.

I also got this neat top cap from Mash.

colin

« Reply #955 on: March 04, 2018, 06:56:02 AM »
^^^Sick

I put together a single-speed, fully-rigid 29er because I like the simplicity. SLAP bike heads: I have an Absolute Black oval chainring on this bike and another; I feel like I have increased traction, and on a geared bike I can run about one gear harder with the oval chainring

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #956 on: March 04, 2018, 07:49:10 AM »
got this Felt bike with disc brakes a while back.  feels good to have brakes again. 

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2018, 04:27:11 PM »
^^^Sick

I put together a single-speed, fully-rigid 29er because I like the simplicity. SLAP bike heads: I have an Absolute Black oval chainring on this bike and another; I feel like I have increased traction, and on a geared bike I can run about one gear harder with the oval chainring

Sick 29er, I've lowkey wanted a rigid old 26er for a while, just to run SS and beat the hell out of.

I've heard a lot about oval rings. I know they're not as popular as they used to be but Cavendish still runs then I'm pretty sure and I mean if they're good enough for him...

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #958 on: March 31, 2018, 07:20:09 AM »
I got my bike stolen and need to replace it with a good simple single speed.

Anyone here have any experience with Kona Paddy Wagons? There's a 2017 model at the local bike shop for about €500, which is a good deal in Helsinki.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #959 on: March 31, 2018, 08:51:01 AM »
I bought a kona unit its a 2005 maybe.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"