Author Topic: Worst board graphics ever?  (Read 78441 times)

somesortofspin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
Re: Worst board graphics ever?
« Reply #660 on: December 23, 2021, 04:09:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This isn’t as offensively terrible as other stuff posted, I just don’t know what the fuck it is and Tony D deserved better for his first pro board
[close]

[close]

With context that Numbers graphic is a bit better, but still basically ruined by the weird doodles and highlighting. I kind of wished they put just the stretched out skull without any of the shitty edits to it and called it a day. Ain't no way Hans Holbein the Younger is gonna Cease-And-Desist you from his 500 year old grave.
[close]

I actually like it. i like that they used it horizontal and spread the skull that way. its dadaism but I still like the design.
which leads me to the question:

do you prefer your deck prints vertical or horizontal? (classic real would be horizontal and fa boards vertical) and what's your personal preference for the wood color on top of you board? mine is yellow pink and green. I hate red or no color. completely color dipped decks is also not good imo.

also have to agree on the toy machine boards. if the print was hand painted and the used wood grain background it wouldn't look as cheap. even though those decks are ugly imo.
[close]

no it isn’t

explain to me what dadaism is and what the meaning behind a lengthened skull made out of a several pieces like a collage is?  its non sense

cky enthusiast

« Reply #661 on: December 23, 2021, 04:15:16 PM »
dada isn’t a catch all term for modern art. refers to a place and time.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #662 on: December 23, 2021, 08:28:23 PM »

it does but you could compare it to the works that came from that place and time. to me it has lots of similarities.

to me you can recreate any form or era of art right now and call it that way. its not modern art only because you drew it yesterday

this board graphic was made by random coincidently placed collages and lines. it doesn't make sense at all yet the artist decided to call it art.

for me and my eye its art and it looks great even though it has no meaning or cause whatsoever. you could say that about lots of modern art but this is made out of collages which reminded me of the dada movement. modern forms of art came out of that movement so why not call it dada?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 08:55:37 PM by somesortofspin »

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 286
« Reply #663 on: December 23, 2021, 09:38:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it does but you could compare it to the works that came from that place and time. to me it has lots of similarities.

to me you can recreate any form or era of art right now and call it that way. its not modern art only because you drew it yesterday

this board graphic was made by random coincidently placed collages and lines. it doesn't make sense at all yet the artist decided to call it art.

for me and my eye its art and it looks great even though it has no meaning or cause whatsoever. you could say that about lots of modern art but this is made out of collages which reminded me of the dada movement. modern forms of art came out of that movement so why not call it dada?
You know how i feel about these graphics??!!?

Shout out to my readymades.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #664 on: December 24, 2021, 01:25:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s just not how that works.

If it’s made now it’s contemporary.

You don’t get to choose.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #665 on: December 24, 2021, 05:29:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you can answer your own question by reading the post you quoted again

mushroom slice

« Reply #666 on: December 24, 2021, 07:33:03 AM »
It’s not dada or contemporary or post modern. It’s a graphic on a skateboard, mass produced and made by a graphic artist. Let’s not get carried away here.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #667 on: December 24, 2021, 07:57:18 AM »
This is some first grade handwriting book ass bullshit.  The way it's written makes it look like Alex Micller.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 286
« Reply #668 on: December 24, 2021, 08:15:01 AM »
This is some first grade handwriting book ass bullshit.  The way it's written makes it look like Alex Micller.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #669 on: December 24, 2021, 08:40:43 AM »

I'm so glad I have no fucking clue what that brand even is. That's dog shit.

And it's not Alex Micller?

Samedag

• Rep: -1
« Reply #670 on: January 26, 2022, 03:42:19 PM »
Was on sale for 50

KING__LIGMA

• Rep: 4
  • https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=96665
« Reply #671 on: January 26, 2022, 04:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote
That Gator graphic is a classic, doesn't deserve to be on this list.  Also, I like the Durao graphic.  I always dig what Numbers puts out, though.
[close]

i've never understood why people thought the Gator graphic was sweet--for that matter, really any of the original Vision graphics, and that's coming from someone who has the original Mark Gonzales graphic tattooed...although, that "Old Ghost" John Grigley graphic was kind of cool...but fuck, this shit right here is awful:

Which one there was three Old Ghost boards
Kook Skate Legend

KING__LIGMA

« Reply #672 on: January 26, 2022, 05:08:01 PM »
Kook Skate Legend

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #673 on: January 26, 2022, 05:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The thing is this isn’t even the worst thing that illegal civ has done.. such a dogshit company.

Rattus Localis

« Reply #674 on: January 27, 2022, 03:37:42 AM »
Expand Quote

Always this one.
[close]

Lol! I had this one back in 2011 or whatever. Straight from the bargain bin. If I had to skate something that bad now I'd at least put a coat of spray paint on it.

KING__LIGMA

« Reply #675 on: January 27, 2022, 11:02:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Always this one.
[close]
[close]

Lol! I had this one back in 2011 or whatever. Straight from the bargain bin. If I had to skate something that bad now I'd at least put a coat of spray paint on it.

That board is pretty cool considering it’s a spoof on one of his Blockhead graphics, I wish they took more time to make it instead of using inspect element.
Kook Skate Legend

smooth-T

• Rep: 1
  • Eat dat shrimp
« Reply #676 on: January 28, 2022, 03:52:54 AM »
These Jani Laitiala graphics are horrendous.

veritas

« Reply #677 on: January 28, 2022, 05:03:42 AM »
These Jani Laitiala graphics are horrendous.

When did he ride for DGK

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2022, 06:58:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I REALLY dont like how the script is touching the edge.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #679 on: January 28, 2022, 11:01:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Someone bought an Apple Pencil and figured they are a graphic designer now…
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -126
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #680 on: February 05, 2022, 09:55:21 AM »
Straight in at number one.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #681 on: February 05, 2022, 07:19:29 PM »
Straight in at number one.

Hahaha! Is that the ear from the Frankie Hill board? This is somehow worse than Angel Boy.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #682 on: February 05, 2022, 09:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This isn’t as offensively terrible as other stuff posted, I just don’t know what the fuck it is and Tony D deserved better for his first pro board
[close]

[close]

With context that Numbers graphic is a bit better, but still basically ruined by the weird doodles and highlighting. I kind of wished they put just the stretched out skull without any of the shitty edits to it and called it a day. Ain't no way Hans Holbein the Younger is gonna Cease-And-Desist you from his 500 year old grave.
[close]

I actually like it. i like that they used it horizontal and spread the skull that way. its dadaism but I still like the design.
which leads me to the question:

Dadaism can (and does) exist in contemporary art, but like others said, this isn’t it.

Dadaism often uses absurdity to highlight a kind of subversive message. Like the the R. Mutt urinal suggests. It was a direct joke at the ideals of art at the time, especially during WE1, which was the first time slaughter was on an industrial scale.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Skimper

• Rep: -64
« Reply #683 on: February 06, 2022, 02:51:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Always this one.
[close]
[close]

That board is pretty cool considering it’s a spoof on one of his Blockhead graphics, I wish they took more time to make it instead of using inspect element.
[close]

This one is so bad that it's good
Shalom

nonickname

• Rep: 86
« Reply #684 on: February 06, 2022, 02:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Always this one.
[close]
[close]

[close]
What is the Blockhead deck? I can't figure out which one (and how given the timeframe of Blockhead) it would be.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

rukes

• Rep: 218
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #685 on: February 06, 2022, 03:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote

Always this one.
[close]

But the graphic hasn't loaded yet? How you know it's bad?

Maybe you're connection is faster than mine? ???
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #686 on: February 06, 2022, 03:20:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

YBOS

• Rep: 14
« Reply #687 on: February 06, 2022, 07:25:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Always this one.
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
What is the Blockhead deck? I can't figure out which one (and how given the timeframe of Blockhead) it would be.

This one is the closest I can imagine

KING__LIGMA

« Reply #688 on: February 28, 2022, 09:47:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Kook Skate Legend

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #689 on: March 01, 2022, 05:22:29 AM »
every single primitive deck, bonus points for shitty anime collabs