Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720876 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5970 on: April 03, 2024, 08:00:59 AM »
https://skateparkoftampa.com/spitfire-formula-four-93d-radial-wheels-natural-blue-96381-10444

Paid for em, picking em up Friday!

Now kinda madnessing whether I should have got the 58s instead of the 56s! But I think 56's sitting on Indy Standard 55mm high something about that just seems perfect to me and i used to run only that setup for a really really long time. So I tihnk I made the right choice. I feel like that would be a bit too wheel bitey at 58.
Yay
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #5971 on: April 03, 2024, 08:04:33 AM »
https://skateparkoftampa.com/spitfire-formula-four-93d-radial-wheels-natural-blue-96381-10444

Now kinda madnessing whether I should have got the 58s instead of the 56s! But I think 56's sitting on Indy Standard 55mm high something about that just seems perfect to me and i used to run only that setup for a really really long time. So I tihnk I made the right choice. I feel like that would be a bit too wheel bitey at 58.

While I wait for my shipment to arrive, my madness is classic shape vs radial. I've never ridden a spitfire wheel before so probably best I give both a few sessions before committing

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5972 on: April 03, 2024, 10:33:47 AM »
I’m gear stupid-  what type of skating/skater exactly are these supposed to be good for?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5973 on: April 03, 2024, 10:40:42 AM »
I’m gear stupid-  what type of skating/skater exactly are these supposed to be good for?

A soft wheel for rough ground that slides. all other soft wheels are extremely grippy besides Dragons, and these are apparently much faster and are sliding even better.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5974 on: April 03, 2024, 10:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

While I wait for my shipment to arrive, my madness is classic shape vs radial. I've never ridden a spitfire wheel before so probably best I give both a few sessions before committing

well I have 2 setups... so I am going to continue to fun f4 99a Classic 52mm on that setup (8.38 / thunder 148 team) and then the 56mm radials going to be for my hybrid (8.75 egg / 149 Indy Std)

If I was putting it on my smaller setup then I would run the classic shape I'm thinking. w

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5975 on: April 03, 2024, 11:17:31 AM »

RIF

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5976 on: April 03, 2024, 01:27:59 PM »
admittedly waiting for zoomies to stock the 93a radials
(i have a gift card and anything less than 40 is a deal)
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • sup dog
« Reply #5977 on: April 03, 2024, 06:16:05 PM »
Chris Cole’s brother reviewed the 93a’s

I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Meathook

• Rep: 78
« Reply #5978 on: April 03, 2024, 06:53:50 PM »
Chris Cole’s brother reviewed the 93a’s

This industry never ceases to amaze me.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5979 on: April 03, 2024, 07:28:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

His riser positioning made me die a little inside...did he get universals/ventures and not the made for thunders?
https://youtu.be/S0Fn_H7YqAw?t=484
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He set up the wrong risers for sure.
[close]

For sure wrong, but (I've never seen any of the 3-ply real risers first hand) even if he switched them around they still wouldn't line up 1:1?
[close]

I guess because I pay attention to all the little things, I find it almost unwatchable / laughable / sad that some people really don't even do just a little research to get a bit more of an understanding about skate product and it really shows here in his last few videos, the unboxing of the DLX package, the setup video, which I didn't watch past getting a pic of those wheels and then as others say, the finished product.  I don't want to sound rude, but goodness he comes off as a bit of an idiot with so little product knowledge of anything that he gets out or looks at, then more so with that setup video.

He skates with and films with Ben de Gros, who could well be one of the most detailed and knowledgeable people posting videos and information, so it is almost like two opposites when I watch both of them at times.

Re those Real risers, sure they might not have had the correct risers in stock at whatever shop he went to - there are Thunder specific (blue), Venture specific (green) and Universal (yellow - Indy specific without saying it) which are pretty clearly labelled on the website, but even a number of other brands that have the long holes will fit Thunders well, so I will just leave it at that.

Any which way, I will still be super keen on those wheels and I did like the look of them for sure!

Link to those Real risers:

https://www.realskateboards.com/summer-2023/

I back these for Venture all day. They last too. I'm like 18 months into a set. Thats like 3 sets of trucks. Mine are round af. It looks cool.

If I can afford it I'd always have a set on. I'm never going back to rubber. This sounds way way better. It's like your wearing nothing at all.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5980 on: April 03, 2024, 07:32:04 PM »
Also it doesn't matter the color. You're gonna slide um into the shape of your plates anyway.

I feel like no plates used to fit thunder proper. We just went with which ever way looked less annoying.

I wish the drop had that little black graphic.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5981 on: April 04, 2024, 03:15:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

His riser positioning made me die a little inside...did he get universals/ventures and not the made for thunders?
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

For sure wrong, but (I've never seen any of the 3-ply real risers first hand) even if he switched them around they still wouldn't line up 1:1?
[close]

I guess because I pay attention to all the little things, I find it almost unwatchable / laughable / sad that some people really don't even do just a little research to get a bit more of an understanding about skate product and it really shows here in his last few videos, the unboxing of the DLX package, the setup video, which I didn't watch past getting a pic of those wheels and then as others say, the finished product.  I don't want to sound rude, but goodness he comes off as a bit of an idiot with so little product knowledge of anything that he gets out or looks at, then more so with that setup video.

He skates with and films with Ben de Gros, who could well be one of the most detailed and knowledgeable people posting videos and information, so it is almost like two opposites when I watch both of them at times.

Re those Real risers, sure they might not have had the correct risers in stock at whatever shop he went to - there are Thunder specific (blue), Venture specific (green) and Universal (yellow - Indy specific without saying it) which are pretty clearly labelled on the website, but even a number of other brands that have the long holes will fit Thunders well, so I will just leave it at that.

Any which way, I will still be super keen on those wheels and I did like the look of them for sure!

[close]

I back these for Venture all day. They last too. I'm like 18 months into a set. Thats like 3 sets of trucks. Mine are round af. It looks cool.

If I can afford it I'd always have a set on. I'm never going back to rubber. This sounds way way better. It's like your wearing nothing at all.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -23
« Reply #5982 on: April 04, 2024, 12:44:30 PM »
Spitfire 93s better then dragons?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5983 on: April 04, 2024, 12:55:45 PM »
Definitely better than Dragons, tested them on my skatelite quarterpipe today, didn't feel slow and didn't grab my coping.
I was bouncing back and forth between 97's but i might be 93 on all terrains now.
Dragon wheels are insanely fast but sound more longboard and don't slide well on smoother ground,
93 spits worked well on all terrains i skated.

smg1138

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5984 on: April 04, 2024, 01:01:18 PM »
Definitely better than Dragons, tested them on my skatelite quarterpipe today, didn't feel slow and didn't grab my coping.
I was bouncing back and forth between 97's but i might be 93 on all terrains now.
Dragon wheels are insanely fast but sound more longboard and don't slide well on smoother ground,

Have you tried them on indoor skatelite yet? It sounds like they'd be perfect for the slippery indoor park I skate sometimes.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5985 on: April 04, 2024, 02:12:57 PM »
My quarter is in my garage so i guess that qualifies,'was grippy for sure.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5986 on: April 04, 2024, 03:14:34 PM »

The new 93 duro wheels are front and center of the Spitfire catalog now.

I think people have pretty much seen everything they need to know about them, but they have everything well set out for info, pics, etc.

https://www.spitfirewheels.com/spring-2024/

Just posted / taken a couple of images from the catalog, more for specs than anything else.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #5987 on: April 04, 2024, 04:20:22 PM »
I'll wait until they release these in 56-58mm radial full before I pull the trigger. Riding my 97a's in that shape and they're doing just fine.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
« Reply #5988 on: April 04, 2024, 04:29:56 PM »
I'll wait until they release these in 56-58mm radial full before I pull the trigger. Riding my 97a's in that shape and they're doing just fine.

That;s what I said. how long do you think you'll last before you pay that pal?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5989 on: April 04, 2024, 05:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That;s what I said. how long do you think you'll last before you pay that pal?

I have the 54 mm Radial Full 97 duro wheels on an 8.75 white eagle, along with some old normal 58 mm Radials on another board and they are quite comparable - same 38 mm width, just bigger diameter.

Sure the bigger Radial Full are even wider, but I am pretty happy with 35 to 38 mm in total width all up, so I think the 93 duro in 58 mm Radial are a really good option there, for people wanting a big and wide wheel in the lower duro.

Also got the other sizes in Radial Full wheels still new in packs in bigger sizes too, but I feel like they are just a little too big for my liking, but I can definitely see their uses and why other people are all over them.

Zane

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5990 on: April 04, 2024, 06:43:27 PM »
Just got my 54mm Radial 93’s in the mail and these are my first impressions:

They feel exactly like what I would imagine a 95a durometer wheel would feel like. Compared to the dragons, they are just a tad slower, louder, and definitely slide better. They don’t bounce nearly as bad as the dragons. The dragons sounded and felt like a longboard wheel, and these sound like a 99a with the volume turned down.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5991 on: April 04, 2024, 07:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Homer rips

Banned from the room

« Reply #5992 on: April 04, 2024, 07:13:11 PM »

That's good news. I almost bought them I was like STOP YOU FRICKIN IDIOT! I literally bought two sets of 97s this year and I'm good for at least 3 months. One set are 58s.

As much as I want those other 58s I gotta get other stuff. I need a deck soon. I'm bummed. I'm in love with my current. Getting a one to one might be difficult.

pops

• Rep: 255
« Reply #5993 on: April 04, 2024, 10:00:22 PM »
I think I'm not getting these anytime soon since it will take a while for these to land in EU shops and I'm sitting on three pairs of Dragons and a few different sets of F4s (gonna sell/give away all my 97s probably). Also while waiting for these the hype will probably settle down a bit and I know for sure if they're worth it replacing my Dragons.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #5994 on: April 04, 2024, 10:56:20 PM »
I'd like a really wild Spitfire wheel.
Something like 93s 50mm Radial Full.

Basically 50 - 52mm wheels with a wide riding surface.

Dad Board had a really good video about those new 93s.
IG: @flowterspace

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
« Reply #5995 on: April 05, 2024, 01:29:43 AM »
I think I'm not getting these anytime soon since it will take a while for these to land in EU shops and I'm sitting on three pairs of Dragons and a few different sets of F4s (gonna sell/give away all my 97s probably). Also while waiting for these the hype will probably settle down a bit and I know for sure if they're worth it replacing my Dragons.

V7 distribution posted them two days ago and said soon ..so perhaps next weekend we will have them.

pops

• Rep: 255
« Reply #5996 on: April 05, 2024, 03:23:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

V7 distribution posted them two days ago and said soon ..so perhaps next weekend we will have them.

Really? I gotta take that back then and see if can get a set.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
« Reply #5997 on: April 05, 2024, 03:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I asked my local to order me some:

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5998 on: April 05, 2024, 03:27:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I do think they have been fast tracked all round the world.

Still no other info on them, but all distros seem to be posting about them, if for nothing more than to get the hype up, but a release like this could warrant a few boxes being air expressed to lots of places, hence the quick release and world wide distribution as soon as they possibly can.

Will wait and see here in AU any which way, but I am keen to try some as well, more so the bigger Radials than anything else, but I guess I could get a set of each if I was really keen and one test set worked well for me.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 104
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #5999 on: April 05, 2024, 05:41:22 AM »
Ordered 2 sets, looking forward to them
Cocteau Twins