Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237040 times)

goingapelikenigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1560 on: January 11, 2022, 02:27:56 PM »
Anyone know if the new Polar "92!" denim fits like their "90s" denim?

Yo I can’t find any review or topic on the polar 92 fit.
They look slimmer and with more aggressive taper compared to the 93…?

yea i wanna hear thoughts on these, i'm a big 93 fan so i'm probably gonna order a pair and try them out.

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #1561 on: January 12, 2022, 11:31:24 AM »

This would be dope since the 90s one was the perfect fit for me. Slightly baggy but not goofy boy baggy. Still wear one for skating regularly even tough it has some scruffs and holes in it.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #1562 on: January 12, 2022, 03:52:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

yea i wanna hear thoughts on these, i'm a big 93 fan so i'm probably gonna order a pair and try them out.

From what I’ve heard the 92s are the same fit as the 93s but with a tapered leg instead of a straight leg

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #1563 on: January 12, 2022, 05:03:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

From what I’ve heard the 92s are the same fit as the 93s but with a tapered leg instead of a straight leg
Heard the same. I saw a shop comparing them to the fit of vintage Silvertabs, which are usually baggy with a pretty decently tapered leg.

europa1991

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1564 on: January 12, 2022, 06:04:05 PM »
Miss when Polar actually included measurements in their size charts.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1565 on: January 12, 2022, 06:18:46 PM »

Everyone was probably plagiarizing them

vhsfisheye

« Reply #1566 on: January 12, 2022, 08:33:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

People were, TJ Rodgers even admitted to stealing the old cargo pants measurement’s for his televisistar pants

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1567 on: January 12, 2022, 08:38:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wait I did not even realize they had made a new fit. That’s clean. Can anyone comment on whether the waist runs true or not? They sadly don’t make a 36x34 so I’m hoping to maybe fit into a 34x34

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1568 on: January 13, 2022, 08:19:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't doubt that that probably is their reason, but that's a stupid reason. If another brand wants to make exact copies of the pants, they can just get a pair in each size and take the measurements themselves. Refusing to provide us with the measurements is not stopping another brand from making knockoffs, but it is preventing potential customers from knowing how the pants are going to fit before they buy them.

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #1569 on: January 13, 2022, 08:44:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Heard the same. I saw a shop comparing them to the fit of vintage Silvertabs, which are usually baggy with a pretty decently tapered leg.

this sounds sick, wish there were more photos of them on someone and them being a little oversized and not fitting like this which i personally hate:

they look cool here though.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1570 on: January 13, 2022, 09:02:13 AM »
anyone here have a pair of polar grund pants? what are you thoughts on them and how is the fit compared to 93's?

nevrwasben

« Reply #1571 on: January 13, 2022, 02:51:23 PM »
If you’re in search of some good chinos

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens/categories/clothing/pants-and-chinos/chino/wallace-amp-barnes-selvedge-officer-chino-pant/AZ698?display=all&fit=Classic&color_name=catskill-green&colorProductCode=AZ698

Sorry, bad at links

Edit: They’re baggier than they look in the pics and run about 1 waist size big. Awesome fit if you want your waist size with a fit just shy of 93s
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:14:06 PM by nevrwasben »

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1572 on: January 13, 2022, 03:37:39 PM »
anyone here have a pair of polar grund pants? what are you thoughts on them and how is the fit compared to 93's?

I have a pair of the brown denim. The best way I can describe the fit is very similar to surf pants but denim/ chino material. I typically wear 93s as well and I’d say they’re a little roomier in the thigh and taper a tad more.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #1573 on: January 13, 2022, 09:13:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a pair of the brown denim. The best way I can describe the fit is very similar to surf pants but denim/ chino material. I typically wear 93s as well and I’d say they’re a little roomier in the thigh and taper a tad more.

I have some 30/30’s I believe , gotta be 2 years old now, and I just got those brown/black pair in 34/34 for a much baggier fit .

I put on the old ones today just to check if they still fit and they are a really nice cut , not too baggy , but I’d say baggier than 93’s in the same 30/30. The 34/34 fit me more like a medium big boy pair. But my favorite polar cut for sure .

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #1574 on: January 14, 2022, 04:21:44 AM »
I hardly ever buy new pants, almost all my stuff is thrifted. But I splurged on some 36-inch 93 cords and that model is almost my ideal cut.

I might get some denim in the future if I can find it on sale
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1575 on: January 14, 2022, 07:36:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

this sounds sick, wish there were more photos of them on someone and them being a little oversized and not fitting like this which i personally hate:

I would say the new 92's, by eye, look more like a vintage Levis 550 fit whereas the 93's are closer to how a Silvertab would fit (baggier with much less taper). Looking at 93's online compared to how they actually fit differs from pair to pair. I just got the Washed Black 93s and they feel much baggier and more roomy than expected, but in a good way. 30/32 with just enough extra room in the waist to wear them how I like with a belt.

goingapelikenigo

• please don't be a hero
« Reply #1576 on: January 15, 2022, 10:13:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I would say the new 92's, by eye, look more like a vintage Levis 550 fit whereas the 93's are closer to how a Silvertab would fit (baggier with much less taper). Looking at 93's online compared to how they actually fit differs from pair to pair. I just got the Washed Black 93s and they feel much baggier and more roomy than expected, but in a good way. 30/32 with just enough extra room in the waist to wear them how I like with a belt.
nice first post!
got the 92s today and they do fit a lot like 550s.
i got 32 waist, 30 length and sag them a lot, short king season baby.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #1577 on: January 15, 2022, 10:20:26 AM »

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens/categories/clothing/pants-and-chinos/chino/wallace-amp-barnes-selvedge-officer-chino-pant/AZ698?display=all&fit=Classic&color_name=catskill-green&colorProductCode=AZ698

Sorry, bad at links

Edit: They’re baggier than they look in the pics and run about 1 waist size big. Awesome fit if you want your waist size with a fit just shy of 93s

I absolutely love J Crew chinos, and their Wallace and Barnes stuff is even better. I get frequently compliments on my pants, everyone always assuming that they’re a fancy skate brand, but they’re always J Crew from the same thrift store.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #1578 on: January 15, 2022, 10:46:44 AM »
take the taper pill...
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1579 on: January 15, 2022, 12:24:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
nice first post!

Those look sick. Trendwatch 2022 is relaxed taper fit with converse one stars. Thats my prediction anyways. Making me want to cop a pair of these asap.

barreldistortion

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1580 on: January 15, 2022, 01:15:27 PM »
Good brand to try is Anchor Blue.. eBay is your friend

Pete W

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1581 on: January 15, 2022, 01:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
nice first post!

[close]

Those look sick. Trendwatch 2022 is relaxed taper fit with converse one stars. Thats my prediction anyways. Making me want to cop a pair of these asap.

Didn’t even know the 92's were a new fit by polar. I just wanted some semi baggy light jeans and I like a narrow foot opening, so these were perfect!
I went with the same size waist I got in pretty much all my pants (Dickies, Carhartt) and they fit the way I like it. Actually went a size shorter than usual though, these are gonna be the first pair of pants I’m not cuffing in a very long time, so that feels weird, but I’m very happy overall.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #1582 on: January 15, 2022, 01:59:12 PM »
Good brand to try is Anchor Blue.. eBay is your friend
Yup, I just got a pair of their beyond baggy cords off depop and they fit amazing. You can find their jeans for $30-50 on eBay or depop pretty easily and they're just like silvertabs at a decent price.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #1583 on: January 15, 2022, 05:06:06 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for a relaxed fit pants or jeans with a 27” inseam ? Or even a 28” leg. I’m short and looking for more pants I don’t have to cuff, the quasi utility pants have been my favourite for that lately

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1584 on: January 15, 2022, 06:27:55 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for a relaxed fit pants or jeans with a 27” inseam ? Or even a 28” leg. I’m short and looking for more pants I don’t have to cuff, the quasi utility pants have been my favourite for that lately

Pretty sure the dickies villani pants have a super short inseam. Not sure you can find them anywhere though.

user18081971

« Reply #1585 on: January 15, 2022, 08:15:21 PM »

Red Kap and Uniqlo both have options on their website to give you 28”-37” inseams. Lots of options between those two

vhsfisheye

« Reply #1586 on: January 16, 2022, 12:14:55 AM »
@flintstagram
@user18081971

ill check out red kap and see if i can track down those villani cords

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1587 on: January 16, 2022, 06:16:57 AM »

nevrwasben

« Reply #1588 on: January 16, 2022, 07:36:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Sorry, bad at links

[close]

I absolutely love J Crew chinos, and their Wallace and Barnes stuff is even better. I get frequently compliments on my pants, everyone always assuming that they’re a fancy skate brand, but they’re always J Crew from the same thrift store.
That thrift store sounds like a gold mine!
Here’s some bad pics

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #1589 on: January 17, 2022, 11:45:11 AM »