Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 237048 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2310 on: March 10, 2023, 10:52:04 AM »
Could we see some $500 pleated cords on the horizon?

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2311 on: March 10, 2023, 02:05:26 PM »
Always wanted to ask this somewhere, so I figured this is the best place to ask:

loose/baggy or not, does anyone know where I can get some green corduroy pants? Specifically green colored, I have a really hard time finding them on the main market. Any shade is okay, but I don't like olive as much as the other green colors. If you know of any at all, shout them out!

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2312 on: March 10, 2023, 02:07:38 PM »
Always wanted to ask this somewhere, so I figured this is the best place to ask:

loose/baggy or not, does anyone know where I can get some green corduroy pants? Specifically green colored, I have a really hard time finding them on the main market. Any shade is okay, but I don't like olive as much as the other green colors. If you know of any at all, shout them out!
been rockin the stussy big ol jeans corduroy pants in olive lately, get tons of compliments on the color. I know you said no olive but these are pretty unique color, I’d google them

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2313 on: March 10, 2023, 02:58:32 PM »
I got the Blacksmith London jeans someone recommended in this thread. Very nice. Loose fitting, but not "big boy" big.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #2314 on: March 10, 2023, 03:27:43 PM »

https://dlxskateshop.com/collections/clothing/products/krooked-eyes-corduroy-pants-1
SPB!

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2315 on: March 10, 2023, 09:15:37 PM »

The GAP has wide wale relaxed cords which fit looser than relaxed. A little stretch in them as well. Very comfortable. The green color (mistletoe) isn't the best but here you go:

https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=4505220223230&vid=1#pdp-page-content

They are under $28 right now with all of their online discounts.
How much for an order of ribs?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2316 on: March 10, 2023, 10:09:49 PM »
Saw Shanahan skating in the street today I swear you could fit three people in those pants

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #2317 on: March 11, 2023, 04:10:48 AM »

Magenta cords. Maybe my favorite pants right now

https://shop.magentaskateboards.com/products/og-chino-cord-khaki-1713

(Says khaki but is actually deep forest green)
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2318 on: March 11, 2023, 07:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Magenta cords. Maybe my favorite pants right now

https://shop.magentaskateboards.com/products/og-chino-cord-khaki-1713

(Says khaki but is actually deep forest green)
Paterson green cords
https://patersonleague.com/products/valley-road-wide-leg-corduroy-pant-forest-green

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2319 on: March 11, 2023, 08:06:54 AM »
SUPER thankful for all these green cord pant links! Will definitely check them all out. If you find any more, please link me up! These are great.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #2320 on: March 11, 2023, 02:07:22 PM »
SUPER thankful for all these green cord pant links! Will definitely check them all out. If you find any more, please link me up! These are great.
I'm really into how these Quasi cords look, and they're on sale right now too for $60

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Quasi_Elliot_Trouser_Pant/descpage-QUETFPT.html?from=gshop&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8_HmufHU_QIVzTKtBh0ZCQeuEAQYBCABEgJ3VPD_BwE

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2321 on: March 11, 2023, 03:20:59 PM »
https://polarskateco.com/products/cord-surf-pants-dark-olive

I get a ton of compliments on my cord surf pants

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2322 on: March 11, 2023, 10:09:53 PM »
Isn’t the correct answer the Louie Lopez ones?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2323 on: March 14, 2023, 08:20:55 PM »
I’m going through pant madness at the moment.

For nearly 10 years I’ve worn 872 dickies, slim fits.

Lately they’ve felt mad right around the thighs and calf, which makes me want to bump up to 873. I ordered a pair and tried them on, I look like Gilbert Crockett on steroids in these things.

I’m thinking it might just be leg length that’s messing with me, I generally wear a 32s with the slight cuff, anyone have any convincing words to make me try a stout fit 873?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2324 on: March 15, 2023, 10:23:30 AM »
I've never heard of 873's before, but if they're giving you the Gilbert Crockett look; you could just get the legs tapered a bit at a dry cleaner/tailor. If they fit well up top, but are too big in the calves/leg opening, that's an easy fix. This will probably cost under $20.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2325 on: March 15, 2023, 10:57:38 AM »

Lately they’ve felt mad right around the thighs and calf, which makes me want to bump up to 873. I ordered a pair and tried them on, I look like Gilbert Crockett on steroids in these things.

I’m thinking it might just be leg length that’s messing with me, I generally wear a 32s with the slight cuff, anyone have any convincing words to make me try a stout fit 873?

872s would be considered skinny in this thread, and even 873 are prob too slim for most peoples tastes.  that being said, i think you should try to rock the 873s a bit longer. or get them in a length that hits right at your shoes, this way they still maintain their shape and wont start getting sloppy stacks at the bottom.

i used to wear 873s for a long time and loved them, but then i got into 874s and i cant even look at 873s anymore

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2326 on: March 15, 2023, 11:09:19 AM »
Just a reminder to check your local Burlington. I’ve come across some great pants there lately.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2327 on: March 15, 2023, 02:14:42 PM »

Feel free to start a slim to middling thread…..

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #2328 on: March 15, 2023, 03:06:16 PM »

872 and 873 are the same size at the thigh, the 872 are narrower from the knee down. 874 are wider at the thigh. And longer Dickies are wider than shorter (I think this is true for all the 87s) i.e. a 32x34 will be wider at the thigh than a 32x32.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2329 on: March 15, 2023, 06:40:34 PM »

have you washed them yet? fresh dickies tend to look like frozen kim jong un pants

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2330 on: March 16, 2023, 12:57:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

have you washed them yet? fresh dickies tend to look like frozen kim jong un pants

I haven’t yet, but I think a few rounds in the wash might help them settle, but the length might still fuck me

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2331 on: March 16, 2023, 05:26:02 PM »
Back to our regular programming…..Has anyone bought the gap baggy jeans?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2332 on: March 17, 2023, 06:48:16 AM »
^^ Yes. Pretty baggy - probably in between 93's and Big Boys in terms of bagginess. I had to put mine through the dryer a couple times before I could wear them, so don't size up unless you want them to be huge. More taper in the legs than Big Boys, but I wouldn't mind if they had a hair more. Pretty high rise, which isn't always the case at Gap. Quality and fabric are fine on the ones I have - probably a 'medium weight' denim. I think the regular price is a little steep for what they are, but Gap runs '40% off everything' type sales all the time.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2333 on: March 17, 2023, 08:51:06 AM »
Yah that’s what I was thinking, the barrels are still some of my favourite jeans.  They had a black but I slept on them. Not that anyone cares but in the 90’s when skaters couldn’t afford Tommy or Polo….gap sale rack was a go to…

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #2334 on: March 17, 2023, 11:51:25 AM »
Just saw this post/ad with Carlisle Aikens for Levi’s x Urban Outfitters. “Super Baggy Skate Jean” $110 retail, way outta my budget for pants. I usually get my Levi’s from thrift stores or outlet stores. I also prefer 100% cotton but these have 80/20 with cotton and stretch materials. Just thought I’d share. Probably gonna see more companies offer baggy and skate related jeans. Lil Dre also just joined Dockers.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp5YuI5p313/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/levis-uo-exclusive-super-baggy-skate-jean?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=004&searchparams=q%3Dlevis%2520skate&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #2335 on: March 17, 2023, 12:28:17 PM »
Just saw this post/ad with Carlisle Aikens for Levi’s x Urban Outfitters. “Super Baggy Skate Jean” $110 retail, way outta my budget for pants. I usually get my Levi’s from thrift stores or outlet stores. I also prefer 100% cotton but these have 80/20 with cotton and stretch materials. Just thought I’d share. Probably gonna see more companies offer baggy and skate related jeans. Lil Dre also just joined Dockers.

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/levis-uo-exclusive-super-baggy-skate-jean?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=004&searchparams=q%3Dlevis%2520skate&type=REGULAR&quantity=1
At that price you might as well just get a pair of vintage Silvertabs off eBay or Depop, which are probably going to fit way better and be made from better denim than these new ones.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 148
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2336 on: March 17, 2023, 01:02:29 PM »
We all know Carl just took the money and made that stupid ad real quick for Levi’s and immediately hopped back in his Loutre’s lol nice try Levi’s

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2337 on: March 17, 2023, 02:12:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
At that price you might as well just get a pair of vintage Silvertabs off eBay or Depop, which are probably going to fit way better and be made from better denim than these new ones.
FACTS; also orange label 550/560's are a solid choice if you can find them for a good price

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #2338 on: March 17, 2023, 02:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah definitely better to get vintage or mid 2000’s SilverTabs or 550s/560’s. I love skating in my older Levi’s. Anyone try the new age SilverTabs? I found a pair at Ross but they were 38x34, I wear 34x30. Quality felt good not great, 100% cotton.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2339 on: March 17, 2023, 04:13:13 PM »
For some reason that shit never gets cheap either…..I’m kinda stoked…