Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 233451 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2340 on: March 18, 2023, 07:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Just saw this post/ad with Carlisle Aikens for Levi’s x Urban Outfitters. “Super Baggy Skate Jean” $110 retail, way outta my budget for pants. I usually get my Levi’s from thrift stores or outlet stores. I also prefer 100% cotton but these have 80/20 with cotton and stretch materials. Just thought I’d share. Probably gonna see more companies offer baggy and skate related jeans. Lil Dre also just joined Dockers.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp5YuI5p313/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/levis-uo-exclusive-super-baggy-skate-jean?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=004&searchparams=q%3Dlevis%2520skate&type=REGULAR&quantity=1
[close]
At that price you might as well just get a pair of vintage Silvertabs off eBay or Depop, which are probably going to fit way better and be made from better denim than these new ones.

Is it even denim if 20% of it is polyester?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2341 on: March 18, 2023, 09:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just saw this post/ad with Carlisle Aikens for Levi’s x Urban Outfitters. “Super Baggy Skate Jean” $110 retail, way outta my budget for pants. I usually get my Levi’s from thrift stores or outlet stores. I also prefer 100% cotton but these have 80/20 with cotton and stretch materials. Just thought I’d share. Probably gonna see more companies offer baggy and skate related jeans. Lil Dre also just joined Dockers.

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/levis-uo-exclusive-super-baggy-skate-jean?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=004&searchparams=q%3Dlevis%2520skate&type=REGULAR&quantity=1
[close]
At that price you might as well just get a pair of vintage Silvertabs off eBay or Depop, which are probably going to fit way better and be made from better denim than these new ones.
[close]

Is it even denim if 20% of it is polyester?

I think technically the fabric is still denim but the materials is a blend. That’s why I prefer the older stuff, it’s usually a better quality cotton used and no stretch fabrics added.

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #2342 on: March 20, 2023, 07:00:07 AM »
I didn't see this info anywhere so I'll just post it here.

HUF Cromers are vanity sized, the 32 fit more like a 34, 30 like 32, etc. Advised to try a pair on in person. I got 32 and usually wear that, but they look huge on me, as if I'm trying really hard for the baggy pants look.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2343 on: March 24, 2023, 08:59:03 AM »
difference between levis 550 & 560?  i keep coming across conflicting info, i just want a nice loose pair of light washed jeans that arent Polars lol

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #2344 on: March 24, 2023, 09:11:51 AM »
difference between levis 550 & 560?  i keep coming across conflicting info, i just want a nice loose pair of light washed jeans that arent Polars lol

The taper is much more drastic on the 560s. I find them a little looser in the overall fit.

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2345 on: March 24, 2023, 12:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The taper is much more drastic on the 560s. I find them a little looser in the overall fit.

ok awesome, ty dude.  from pics it looked like the taper was pretty extreme, i think 550s would suit me better

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #2346 on: March 24, 2023, 01:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

in what world are those super baggy??? shit looks like standard regular fit

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2347 on: March 24, 2023, 05:53:05 PM »
^^ Yes. Pretty baggy - probably in between 93's and Big Boys in terms of bagginess. I had to put mine through the dryer a couple times before I could wear them, so don't size up unless you want them to be huge. More taper in the legs than Big Boys, but I wouldn't mind if they had a hair more. Pretty high rise, which isn't always the case at Gap. Quality and fabric are fine on the ones I have - probably a 'medium weight' denim. I think the regular price is a little steep for what they are, but Gap runs '40% off everything' type sales all the time.

Got these for dumb cheap with the discounts.....

Sized down as mentioned, and I'm happy with them.  The wash is just ok, but for the price and how they fit, they are a good buy.  They are definitely baggy, but have a bit of taper which makes them good.

I'm not sure why we want so badly for levi's and dickies to work when other companies are making decent stuff....

fernando the skater

• Rep: 108
« Reply #2348 on: March 25, 2023, 05:45:38 AM »
SUPER thankful for all these green cord pant links! Will definitely check them all out. If you find any more, please link me up! These are great.

More green cords I saw today:

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/gramicci-corduroy-pant-olive-001142952

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/route-one-relaxed-fit-big-wale-cords-forest-green

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/obey-easy-cord-pant-dark-cedar-001145512

The Gramicci ones look pretty nice.

buggot

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2349 on: March 25, 2023, 08:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote
SUPER thankful for all these green cord pant links! Will definitely check them all out. If you find any more, please link me up! These are great.
[close]

More green cords I saw today:

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/gramicci-corduroy-pant-olive-001142952

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/route-one-relaxed-fit-big-wale-cords-forest-green

https://www.routeone.co.uk/products/obey-easy-cord-pant-dark-cedar-001145512

The Gramicci ones look pretty nice.

Ppreciate you! Added to my list

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #2350 on: March 26, 2023, 02:08:27 PM »
Looks like ccs has some ryan lay pants dropping next week. Based on what i saw him wearing when i saw him a month ago, i expect them to be really nice fitting

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #2351 on: March 26, 2023, 05:41:28 PM »
Anyone know of a denim pant that fits like the Dickies Jamie Foy pants?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #2352 on: March 30, 2023, 12:48:44 PM »
Was curious about these until i saw the sizing options

https://shop.ccs.com/collections/pants/products/ccs-baggy-taper-denim-jeans-medium-wash

Edit- actually, the sizing options aren’t terrible on second thought and a 28 in inseam is kinda perfect for me. I can’t afford more clothes atm, but might try these eventually
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:08:11 PM by Candied cigarettes »

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #2353 on: March 30, 2023, 07:34:07 PM »
Curious if anyone knows how the fit is on these? I usually wear Carhartt B111's or Silvertabs so I'd like to find a pair of dark brown pants that fit similar

https://www.tactics.com/passport/workers-club-jeans/overdye-brown

sadnocomply

• Rep: 129
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2354 on: March 30, 2023, 08:55:42 PM »
Curious if anyone knows how the fit is on these? I usually wear Carhartt B111's or Silvertabs so I'd like to find a pair of dark brown pants that fit similar

passport pants fit very similar to polar 93’s. The waist is vanity sizing so a 32 will fit like a 34, etc. Good thick denim on those passports with triple stitching for durability. Try to find them on sale if you can, $100 is a lil steep because you can always find the canvas passports on sale with a quick google search, sure you can find the denims on sale too

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #2355 on: March 31, 2023, 04:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
passport pants fit very similar to polar 93’s. The waist is vanity sizing so a 32 will fit like a 34, etc. Good thick denim on those passports with triple stitching for durability. Try to find them on sale if you can, $100 is a lil steep because you can always find the canvas passports on sale with a quick google search, sure you can find the denims on sale too

Good looks, I like what I'm hearing

OhioGuy

• Rep: 64
« Reply #2356 on: March 31, 2023, 01:59:12 PM »
Any loose/baggy pants for someone 6’3. Like with a 36 inseam? Skate brands seem to think 32 is enough lol

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #2357 on: March 31, 2023, 02:22:00 PM »
Any loose/baggy pants for someone 6’3. Like with a 36 inseam? Skate brands seem to think 32 is enough lol

damn, im 6'3 and i do a 32 inseam

i would go on ebay and look at the levi 560's, thats what i always get

OhioGuy

« Reply #2358 on: March 31, 2023, 02:33:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh are they high waters? Lol. My legs are longer than my torso 😖

And I’ll take a look. Thanks!

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2359 on: March 31, 2023, 02:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Oh are they high waters? Lol. My legs are longer than my torso 😖

And I’ll take a look. Thanks!

Billows run longgg

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2360 on: April 01, 2023, 12:06:09 AM »
@OhioGuy
6’6 w/36 inseam and had the same problems
skate brands will not have your back for pants
sizing always caters to the average sk8er height (about 5’6 - 6’)

i cant recommend running high waters with a straight face
theres a few brands that regularly have 36 inseam pants

what ive owned in order of recommendation:
carhartt (mainline not wip)
gap tall
asos tall
levis (quality worse than asos these days)

lee jeans has options but never tried em
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

OhioGuy

« Reply #2361 on: April 01, 2023, 03:57:17 AM »
@OhioGuy
6’6 w/36 inseam and had the same problems
skate brands will not have your back for pants
sizing always caters to the average sk8er height (about 5’6 - 6’)

i cant recommend running high waters with a straight face
theres a few brands that regularly have 36 inseam pants

what ive owned in order of recommendation:
carhartt (mainline not wip)
gap tall
asos tall
levis (quality worse than asos these days)

lee jeans has options but never tried em
Thanks! I was actually looking at some Lees on their website. Will check out the others ☺️

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • sup dog
« Reply #2362 on: April 01, 2023, 06:08:41 AM »

Check out Old Navy Athletic fit Taper, and their Loose.

Great for fat asses, and plenty of room to move around.

And? 98% cotton 2% spandex. Not so bad these days.

I rocked ‘em last weekend and landed my first fakie “front” nose in 13 years. Old big-ass approved

*(just make sure to try more than one pair on for your size…. They can have wildly different fits.)
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #2363 on: April 01, 2023, 06:44:00 AM »
I think Uniqlo ran some tall sizes as well.....

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2364 on: April 01, 2023, 08:24:37 AM »
I came across a bunch of cheap Dockers in 36” inseam at Burlington recently. All in relaxed, utility, cargo cuts.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2365 on: April 01, 2023, 09:07:15 AM »
dockers has a ton of options but are owned by levis
if quality isnt a huge factor then snag them below msrp
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2366 on: April 01, 2023, 09:23:51 AM »
Yeah, all between $15-$20 is the key.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #2367 on: April 02, 2023, 09:05:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
haven't had a pair of brown cords in like 10 years so what's the deal with some cords these days, pantaloon doods? Was looking at the Polar 93s but they seem just a little bit too baggy, as in baggier than 90s LL Bean cords. Not really trying to spend that polar $$ either...
[close]

I got some CCS cords which came out to like $36 or whatever because of their perpetual BOGO half priced sale. Super comfy and high quality.
[close]

did you get the elastic waistband ones or the button ones?
[close]

Button ones. I can’t do elastic pants other than sweatpants to lounge around the house in. There’s a teeny-tiny little white CCS logo on the back right pocket but also any of those big emblems are a cinch to remove with a $2 seam ripper.
[close]

nice. Yeah, that back paneling is fine. The elastic ones have a giant CCS logo right on the back pocket that's a little gaudy for my liking. Might try some of these cuz I need some new cords.
[close]

The price is right and CCS has a super easy and generous return policy. I ordered an embarrassing amount of pants until I found the styles and sizes that I wanted and ended up keeping three pairs.
[close]

the fit true to size?

just thought to revisit this and state that i was supremely dissatisfied with the CCS cords and returned them right away.

they're cheap material and very thin, like wearing them outside would have made me feel almost naked. Felt like the fabric was something off the cheap rack at Jo-Ann Fabric and would have ripped in one slam.

ended up getting a pair of brown and moderately baggy lands end wide wale cords at thrift store for $9 bucks that are far higher quality
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 38
« Reply #2368 on: April 03, 2023, 10:16:19 AM »
Ryan Lay pants will be here Thursday. Will report on how they are. Also just got the Vans/Quasi pants and they are pretty good, but not super super loose fitting
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2369 on: April 05, 2023, 10:31:39 PM »
Somehow stumbled upon a pair of Louie Volcom green cords at the thrift store for $5.19. Size 32, I’m usually a 33-34 but they fit great. Inseam is a little longer than I’d like but can’t complain much for the price. Gonna wash em and skate in em this weekend.