Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988703 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8190 on: January 08, 2023, 07:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got my 2 for $80 box in from crailtap

[close]
What size are those? I love crail wood. I have a couple on ice but almost bought another today off the skate warehouse sale
[close]

8.5! I’m excited to try these since I mostly ride dlx wood and haven’t rode crail since 2002.

i was on a big dlx stint for a couple years then recently got some chocolate decks. love the g30 shape myself. i also snagged a black friday deck for $30 that i have to set up.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Banned from the room

« Reply #8191 on: January 08, 2023, 09:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
April 8.5, I have been wanting to scratch that itch for a while. Got that green logo board. They have their own shapes right?
[close]

Yes slightly shorter and more stumpy I think was the description someone else said of their April 8.5 deck, or at least shorter wheelbase with big kicks, not quite Alien Workshop big, but more manageable for the person who didn't want the usual BBS 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.5 wb type of deck.

That looks about right from looking up a few specs from online shops but I haven't seen one in person so don't know how accurate or if they have changed or have more than one shape for the 8.5 width board in their range.
[close]

Looks to be on the long side 32.2, I heard more fuller nose as well, but wheelbase is 14.4 listed. My sweet spot is 14.38 -14.5. My next board is actually an 8.5 alien- longer deck shorter wheelbase 14.25. I’m on a frog 8.5/14.5 right now and it’s perfect. But i really loved that dlx 8.5 with long nose and tail and 14.38 wb but the nose and tail were pretty tapered.
[close]

It will be interesting to see how you like the Alien board.

One guy who usually rides the usual BBS 8.5s with Indy trucks put Ventures on his Alien deck and said it made it feel way better (more like the others in wheelbase), but that is just one instance.

All the other shapes you usually have are also on my usual list too, BBS 8.5 are very nice and round, compared to the bigger DLX 8.5 but as you said, tapering kicks is not exactly what some people enjoy.

I hadn't realised but Passport 8.5 are 14.38 wb - thought they were 14.5 as per spec info from almost every other site, but the one I got my hands on recently also skates well on Ventures.

My usual go to is Indy 149 on 14.5 wb on either 8.38 or 8.5 but I have some on 14.38 wb boards too.
[close]

Gotta try ‘em all! Stoked to try the alien and see if I can tell a big difference going to a smaller wheel base

Indy 159 hollow standards here, and I try and not look at any other truck threads. The bushing madness in the Indy thread is enough for me.
[close]

I'm currently on an 8.25 Alien, and I gotta say it is my favorite board I have had in a long while.  Riding it with 5.6 Venture cast hollows, and that combo seems to just click for me.  I also have a 8.5 Hockey shape 2 (same wheelbase, 14.25) currently set up with 5.8 Venture cast hollows, and it doesn't feel nearly as good.
[close]

I'm currently on the 8.5 Alien, dims looked great on paper (long length, short WB), but something about the shape took a while to adapt to after riding a Clutch with a tapered tail. I usually adapt to a new shape by the 2nd session but this one took 5 sessions before kickflips started to feel right, maybe it was the wider tail.

Picked this up from the WKND xmas sale, I'll ride whatever graphics as long as the dims are right, but this one may need an extensive sticker job.
[close]

What the hell am I looking at here, lol
[close]
sexualized birthday cake that’s dripping frosting

Should be out in the rain. I actually don't think I can take it. Dims or not

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8192 on: January 09, 2023, 01:52:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
April 8.5, I have been wanting to scratch that itch for a while. Got that green logo board. They have their own shapes right?
[close]

Yes slightly shorter and more stumpy I think was the description someone else said of their April 8.5 deck, or at least shorter wheelbase with big kicks, not quite Alien Workshop big, but more manageable for the person who didn't want the usual BBS 8.5 x 32.5 with 14.5 wb type of deck.

That looks about right from looking up a few specs from online shops but I haven't seen one in person so don't know how accurate or if they have changed or have more than one shape for the 8.5 width board in their range.
[close]

Looks to be on the long side 32.2, I heard more fuller nose as well, but wheelbase is 14.4 listed. My sweet spot is 14.38 -14.5. My next board is actually an 8.5 alien- longer deck shorter wheelbase 14.25. I’m on a frog 8.5/14.5 right now and it’s perfect. But i really loved that dlx 8.5 with long nose and tail and 14.38 wb but the nose and tail were pretty tapered.
[close]

One guy who usually rides the usual BBS 8.5s with Indy trucks put Ventures on his Alien deck and said it made it feel way better (more like the others in wheelbase), but that is just one instance.

All the other shapes you usually have are also on my usual list too, BBS 8.5 are very nice and round, compared to the bigger DLX 8.5 but as you said, tapering kicks is not exactly what some people enjoy.

My usual go to is Indy 149 on 14.5 wb on either 8.38 or 8.5 but I have some on 14.38 wb boards too.
[close]

Gotta try ‘em all! Stoked to try the alien and see if I can tell a big difference going to a smaller wheel base

Indy 159 hollow standards here, and I try and not look at any other truck threads. The bushing madness in the Indy thread is enough for me.
[close]

I'm currently on an 8.25 Alien, and I gotta say it is my favorite board I have had in a long while.  Riding it with 5.6 Venture cast hollows, and that combo seems to just click for me.  I also have a 8.5 Hockey shape 2 (same wheelbase, 14.25) currently set up with 5.8 Venture cast hollows, and it doesn't feel nearly as good.
[close]

I'm currently on the 8.5 Alien, dims looked great on paper (long length, short WB), but something about the shape took a while to adapt to after riding a Clutch with a tapered tail. I usually adapt to a new shape by the 2nd session but this one took 5 sessions before kickflips started to feel right, maybe it was the wider tail.

Picked this up from the WKND xmas sale, I'll ride whatever graphics as long as the dims are right, but this one may need an extensive sticker job.
[close]

[close]
[close]

It reminds me of a couple of DGK decks I got on sale recently.

Those things definitely have to either have a full graphic spray over or removal before I even think about setting one up.

The right wood (BBS) size, shape, dimensions and everything, all with a good price, but yeah wow, totally would never ride that sort of graphic, even on my own with no one around.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8193 on: January 09, 2023, 02:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Those things definitely have to either have a full graphic spray over or removal before I even think about setting one up.

The right wood (BBS) size, shape, dimensions and everything, all with a good price, but yeah wow, totally would never ride that sort of graphic, even on my own with no one around.

Pics
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
« Reply #8194 on: January 09, 2023, 08:24:32 AM »
lol i would think thats a blind or some dwindle shit
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8195 on: January 09, 2023, 01:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pics

Ha yeah, took one of the whole order when I got it, but it doesn't show the detail.

This was the listing, with a close up - cash, bottles of fire, little things when I looked closely at the deck that you can't really see from the overall pic.  Just funny though.  Thuggin life is not my thing.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/dgk-los-muertos-8-38-skateboard-deck

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8196 on: January 09, 2023, 02:07:20 PM »
my second pair of NB# Tiago's. Snagged these off the classifieds thanks to SLAPPAL manysnakes for $65. my second pair and def my go to shoe as long as they keep making it.

that’s my favorite colorway of that shoe, which is also one of my all time favorite shoes, and the only one I wish I had bought more pairs of
fuck you bama

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8197 on: January 10, 2023, 07:34:02 AM »

Grabbed this Evisen pool shape that I've been wanting to try for a while.

Get hungry on it!

notinternetfamous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #8198 on: January 10, 2023, 07:56:37 AM »
Last Resort AB vm001 suede highs that I didn't need but the price was right
Superfeet Adapt Run insoles (these feel way better than footprint tbh in terms of support and quality)

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8199 on: January 11, 2023, 10:19:09 AM »

Cosplay kit came today

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #8200 on: January 11, 2023, 11:15:31 AM »

oliknight

« Reply #8201 on: January 11, 2023, 11:37:23 AM »

Cosplay kit came today

My favourite Venture truck design and colour way 👌

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #8202 on: January 11, 2023, 12:14:08 PM »
my second pair of NB# Tiago's. Snagged these off the classifieds thanks to SLAPPAL manysnakes for $65. my second pair and def my go to shoe as long as they keep making it.

Enjoy!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #8203 on: January 11, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »
Pulled the trigger on the Quantum Fusions. Can't wait to get them.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #8204 on: January 12, 2023, 10:39:55 PM »
Check your local Burlington's. Just picked these Tyshawn Lows up last night!

Nice find! I went to a Burlington yesterday and another one today. No skate shoes at either but got the wife some all black Nike Prestos. Ended up swinging by Ross tonight and got some Nike SB Alleyoops. Tried them on and they felt too good to leave on the shelf so I bought them for $40. White and cream with a black swoosh. Gonna wear them a couple times before I skate them.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #8205 on: January 13, 2023, 07:06:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Check your local Burlington's. Just picked these Tyshawn Lows up last night!

[close]

Nice find! I went to a Burlington yesterday and another one today. No skate shoes at either but got the wife some all black Nike Prestos. Ended up swinging by Ross tonight and got some Nike SB Alleyoops. Tried them on and they felt too good to leave on the shelf so I bought them for $40. White and cream with a black swoosh. Gonna wear them a couple times before I skate them.

I'm a big fan of these discount shops for skate shoes. Prior to Covid, I worked across the street from a Nordstrom Rack and I would dip in there once a week or so and often I'd have to stop myself from buying still more skateboard shoes for like $35.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 470
« Reply #8206 on: January 13, 2023, 03:42:50 PM »

As dope as those 1010s are ( and they’re pretty dope) the heels of those I-path Cats have stolen the show!

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8207 on: January 15, 2023, 07:29:45 PM »

I bought these Anti Hero prints from Lance Mountain
fuck you bama

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #8208 on: January 15, 2023, 07:47:05 PM »

These are sick!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8209 on: January 15, 2023, 08:40:00 PM »

Damn, I was also considering pulling the trigger on these... They look great

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8210 on: January 16, 2023, 05:10:18 PM »

Always rad to see these.

The reject ones though, is that Andy Roy frontside boned air, Robbie Russo in the neck brace and who is the drunk / party guy?

Was that also Kanfoush tail block at Portrero?  That one is so good!

Top left to right - GT, ??, Raney, JC
Middle - Andy Roy, Robbie, Kanfoush, Robbie (first board)
Bottom - Pfanner, BA

The only board from that whole series I kept was the "Thrasher / Phelps" silver bowl barney 8.4 shape, not so much as a keeper, just wasn't into the shape after I had a couple of others.

I wonder if anyone is keen on it nowdays?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8211 on: January 16, 2023, 06:41:10 PM »
Sold out fast but NoComply came through after the first wave vanished.

Will save for chillers and skate my previous chiller pair.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8212 on: January 16, 2023, 09:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Always rad to see these.

The reject ones though, is that Andy Roy frontside boned air, Robbie Russo in the neck brace and who is the drunk / party guy?

Was that also Kanfoush tail block at Portrero?  That one is so good!

Top left to right - GT, ??, Raney, JC
Middle - Andy Roy, Robbie, Kanfoush, Robbie (first board)
Bottom - Pfanner, BA

The only board from that whole series I kept was the "Thrasher / Phelps" silver bowl barney 8.4 shape, not so much as a keeper, just wasn't into the shape after I had a couple of others.

I wonder if anyone is keen on it nowdays?

the boned air is supposed to be Andy Roy, and the rejected top row one is Jake Phelps. I think Lance restocks these every now and again. I missed out a couple years ago when he had multiple series on his website. I cut out the back of a ripped Julien Stranger shirt and hung it up on the walls of multiple apartments on both sides of the country
fuck you bama

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8213 on: January 17, 2023, 04:49:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Always rad to see these.

[close]

the boned air is supposed to be Andy Roy, and the rejected top row one is Jake Phelps. I think Lance restocks these every now and again. I missed out a couple years ago when he had multiple series on his website. I cut out the back of a ripped Julien Stranger shirt and hung it up on the walls of multiple apartments on both sides of the country

Now you say Phelps, of course that makes sense.

Thanks!

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #8214 on: January 17, 2023, 07:18:41 AM »
Bought some 2000ish es and droors pants  8)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #8215 on: January 17, 2023, 06:06:30 PM »
need need need to see a clip of the kanfoush tail block
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #8216 on: January 17, 2023, 06:10:29 PM »
NB 306 slip ons. I usually don’t do all black shoes. But the camo and the same at 303 was too good to pass up. Plus I’m enjoying the Nike Brsb as chillers and my 272s I skate about dead. I’ll be hitting sock in a session or 2

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #8217 on: January 18, 2023, 03:15:14 AM »
NB 306 slip ons. I usually don’t do all black shoes. But the camo and the same at 303 was too good to pass up. Plus I’m enjoying the Nike Brsb as chillers and my 272s I skate about dead. I’ll be hitting sock in a session or 2

Just found some blazer mids for 35€- the dark russet ones i think the cw was called! Stoked

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8218 on: January 22, 2023, 07:03:02 PM »
Uma landsleds Remnants Cody Chapman deck 8.125

Off Ebay, free shipping, $44 but came out to $24 as I had some cash back rewards or some shit. My fav 8.125"

DERBY

• Rep: 272
« Reply #8219 on: January 22, 2023, 10:11:03 PM »
Merrell x Dime Moab 2 (Purp Joints)
Cons Fastbreak Pro (Sage)
8.5 Hockey (Krod)

https://imgur.com/a/EOs76q4