Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797543 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #4470 on: December 14, 2021, 08:59:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dang, I stand corrected, looks more like radial slim!
[close]

I can feel the money loosening from my wallet, guess that will be my Xmas treat to myself.

Edit: out of stock at NFG and Loophole wheels.
[close]

wait which is out of stock, my dude?

My bad, thought it was just 1 SKU in Square 54mm, not the entire range.

The BOGO offer is solid (https://www.nfgmfg.com/product-page/54mm-square), wider than a Radial Slim with a narrower contact patch based on the provided specs. 54mm is bigger than I usually like but 51mm on a 8.25 deck is beginning to look ridiculous.

Hopefully these wheels are as good as you guys claim.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4471 on: December 14, 2021, 10:43:52 PM »
That BOGO deal on the Square 54s is pretty nice. I do think they have the contact patch misprinted on the site though. If you look at the Teardrop shape, they list the same width and contact patch. You can tell the Squares have a wider patch just by looking at them. Judging by those pictures of the F4 Radial slims I'm gonna guess 19mm?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #4472 on: December 14, 2021, 11:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I can feel the money loosening from my wallet, guess that will be my Xmas treat to myself.

[close]

[close]

The BOGO offer is solid (https://www.nfgmfg.com/product-page/54mm-square), wider than a Radial Slim with a narrower contact patch based on the provided specs. 54mm is bigger than I usually like but 51mm on a 8.25 deck is beginning to look ridiculous.

I had one of the early batch square sets that I’d imagine would probably be a factory second these days. They’re now at 51mm and still in regular rotation. They have the edge over my 53mm F4 Radials. Similar lock, NFGs wear more evenly, have a smoother slide on my pavement, and are a little less rattly than the F4s.

Lately I’ve been on some 97a conical fulls but am dying to ride some NFG 95a.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #4473 on: December 15, 2021, 09:01:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Last night at my local it was super humid, I’m the only guy that rides loopholes, the ground started to get slick as fuck, everyone else on spits, I was the only one still able to do shit on flat, they grip when they need to and slide when you want them to, I won’t be switching wheel brands anytime soon
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4474 on: December 15, 2021, 09:03:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Last night at my local it was super humid, I’m the only guy that rides loopholes, the ground started to get slick as fuck, everyone else on spits, I was the only one still able to do shit on flat, they grip when they need to and slide when you want them to, I won’t be switching wheel brands anytime soon

So.... Are you suggesting I buy more wheels?

I wish they did the square or vee shape in 52mm, I'm not hesh enough to ride anything bigger than 53 and I'm not a fan of the teardrop / classic shape
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #4475 on: December 15, 2021, 11:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wish they did the square or vee shape in 52mm, I'm not hesh enough to ride anything bigger than 53 and I'm not a fan of the teardrop / classic shape

I skate street enough to warrant the 54s they wear down nicely as well
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #4476 on: December 16, 2021, 02:24:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just to tempt you a bit more the last couple of sets of 54s I’ve had have been 53mm - I think I read somewhere that they’ve changed their moulds to be more accurate now though?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4477 on: December 16, 2021, 03:19:23 AM »
Just get the 54s, they’re not that big in the scheme of things. They’ll also be your gateway drug to 56 v-cuts …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4478 on: December 16, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just to tempt you a bit more the last couple of sets of 54s I’ve had have been 53mm - I think I read somewhere that they’ve changed their moulds to be more accurate now though?

Well I did DM them like a man and they said no plans for a 52mm Square or Vee yet. I already have 2 sets of Square 54mm on the way, if they are good I'll stock up on more.

How is their 103a compared to a Bones 103a and F4 99a?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #4479 on: December 16, 2021, 08:44:14 AM »
Can‘t speak for the bones comparison but I find them pretty similar in terms of hardness to 99a spits, a little harder. Something about them is more forgiving though, like on the streets they are really comfortable yet still definitely faster. I feel like the loopholes have far better rebound or something.

LE_rik

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4480 on: December 16, 2021, 09:03:23 AM »
Can‘t speak for the bones comparison but I find them pretty similar in terms of hardness to 99a spits, a little harder. Something about them is more forgiving though, like on the streets they are really comfortable yet still definitely faster. I feel like the loopholes have far better rebound or something.

Definitely interesting, faster but more forgiving, that makes my think about the 103a instead of the 95a. I would like to know how the 95a NFGs compare to the spits 97a vs 99a (knowing that the size and form play a major role).

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #4481 on: December 16, 2021, 09:08:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely interesting, faster but more forgiving, that makes my think about the 103a instead of the 95a. I would like to know how the 95a NFGs compare to the spits 97a vs 99a (knowing that the size and form play a major role).

seconding the sentiments so far - fast, forgiving. i feel like the 95 nfg's grip just a bit more than the 103, and don't feel as sluggish as the 97 spits - not that they are super sluggish or anything, so nothing game changing to me. they definitely have more grip than a 99 spitfire too. was skating with friends in a wet parking lot similar to someone else here and they were skidding out, while i was definitely in more control on 95 NFGs.
easier way to say it for me is - i can go to the corner store on 103s and not be miserable, but the 95s makes me not even think about it.

user18081971

« Reply #4482 on: December 16, 2021, 12:40:39 PM »
What’s the consensus on Acid Wheels?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4483 on: December 16, 2021, 05:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

seconding the sentiments so far - fast, forgiving. i feel like the 95 nfg's grip just a bit more than the 103, and don't feel as sluggish as the 97 spits - not that they are super sluggish or anything, so nothing game changing to me. they definitely have more grip than a 99 spitfire too. was skating with friends in a wet parking lot similar to someone else here and they were skidding out, while i was definitely in more control on 95 NFGs.
easier way to say it for me is - i can go to the corner store on 103s and not be miserable, but the 95s makes me not even think about it.

If anyone is looking for an excuse to pick some up:

https://www.nfgmfg.com/shop

Use HOLIDAY at checkout for 20% off.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Buster_Poosey

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4484 on: December 16, 2021, 06:12:11 PM »

First time poster, long time lurker. I created an account to shed some light on your question, since a previous question about acid wheels was ignored. These wheels are legit. They are just as good as the big 3 wheel brands, if not better, and at the price, it’s pretty hard to beat. The Type A formula was my jam, but the men R.E.M. formula is really good too. The Acid Pods might be the best cruiser wheels out right now. The wheels are hand poured in the SOP warehouse in Oceanside CA.

Anyway, feel free to kook me. I’ll focus my account now

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4485 on: December 16, 2021, 06:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

First time poster, long time lurker. I created an account to shed some light on your question, since a previous question about acid wheels was ignored. These wheels are legit. They are just as good as the big 3 wheel brands, if not better, and at the price, it’s pretty hard to beat. The Type A formula was my jam, but the men R.E.M. formula is really good too. The Acid Pods might be the best cruiser wheels out right now. The wheels are hand poured in the SOP warehouse in Oceanside CA.

Hey man, it's all smiles and high-fives here in Shoes & Gear. In here, you'd have to really be kooking it to start something that would warrant a justified "focus your account" post in your direction. UWTB is a completely different story however, motherfuckers will drop your rep for posting literally anything there. Anyways, I appreciate the insight, I've never thought about trying Acid wheels.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4486 on: December 16, 2021, 07:08:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I fail to see how this is a kook / focus worthy comment, but welcome to Shoes & Gear! The moment you start bringing up Caliber trucks is when we ride your ass into oblivion.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #4487 on: December 16, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What are the big 3 wheel co’s? Spitfire, Bones and ? Is there consensus on #3? 

And yes, Shoes & Gear and Whatever are chill; UWTB is lord of the flies.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #4488 on: December 16, 2021, 07:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think Oj would be the third, if I had to guess. The only other big brand I can think of would be Ricta but no one really seems to talk about them much on here (aside from the clouds)

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #4489 on: December 16, 2021, 07:46:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If anyone is looking for an excuse to pick some up:

https://www.nfgmfg.com/shop

Use HOLIDAY at checkout for 20% off.

thaaaank youuuuuuu 🙏square city here i come

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #4490 on: December 16, 2021, 07:58:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think Oj would be the third, if I had to guess. The only other big brand I can think of would be Ricta but no one really seems to talk about them much on here (aside from the clouds)

D’oh! Can’t believe I missed Oj’s!  I was a huge speed wheels fan as a kid. To be fair, around here I see 1. Spitfire 2. Board brands 3. Rollerbladers 4.Bones?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4491 on: December 16, 2021, 10:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I consider Ricta + OJ as the same brand anyway.

Creative urethane is a close 4th or 3rd, Satori and Autobahn wheels are great, I think SML and Dialtone are Creative too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #4492 on: December 17, 2021, 05:41:30 AM »
I thought I was stocked upon wheels but then SML dropped those 49s. Ugh, might need a set.

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #4493 on: December 18, 2021, 06:33:00 AM »
Granted I haven't skated Spits in 10 years + (Bones guy).

54mm, 99a is my sweet spot. my problem is trying to find Bones equivalent to the Conical Fulls in that size and hardness. Does anyone know if it's the V5 or V6 STF that would be closest to skating 54mm 99a Conical Fulls? The Bones website is trash for listing contact patch.

If I can't find an equivalent I guess I'll have to try the Spitfires out.

Post A Fit Fuccboi

• Rep: -6
  • Dog Drug Connoisseur
« Reply #4494 on: December 18, 2021, 08:49:36 AM »
Does anyone know if it's the V5 or V6 STF that would be closest to skating 54mm 99a Conical Fulls? The Bones website is trash for listing contact patch.

The V6 ("Widecut") if you can find em.

Ben Koppl pro wheels are V6; the magenta graphic one is 54, the yellow one 56. Site says discontinued but I'm sure you could still find some: https://bones.com/bones-wheels-pro-stf-skateboard-wheels-koppl-rollersurfer-54mm-v6-wide-cut-99a-4pk
I'll give you one thing, you got half your name right.

Lazyskater

• Rep: 5
« Reply #4495 on: December 18, 2021, 09:10:11 AM »
Granted I haven't skated Spits in 10 years + (Bones guy).

54mm, 99a is my sweet spot. my problem is trying to find Bones equivalent to the Conical Fulls in that size and hardness. Does anyone know if it's the V5 or V6 STF that would be closest to skating 54mm 99a Conical Fulls? The Bones website is trash for listing contact patch.

If I can't find an equivalent I guess I'll have to try the Spitfires out.

The bones website is better then spits.
https://bones.com/why/shapes/

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #4496 on: December 18, 2021, 09:19:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone know if it's the V5 or V6 STF that would be closest to skating 54mm 99a Conical Fulls? The Bones website is trash for listing contact patch.
[close]

The V6 ("Widecut") if you can find em.

Ben Koppl pro wheels are V6; the magenta graphic one is 54, the yellow one 56. Site says discontinued but I'm sure you could still find some: https://bones.com/bones-wheels-pro-stf-skateboard-wheels-koppl-rollersurfer-54mm-v6-wide-cut-99a-4pk
That's legit, thanks mate! I just found the purple ones on eBay. Much appreciated!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4497 on: December 18, 2021, 05:21:52 PM »
The V6 are like a combination of conical full and double wide classic shape.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4498 on: December 19, 2021, 03:16:25 PM »
my pink spitfire skate like a girl f4s wore down and flatspotted extremely quickly. was excited to try a coloured pair of wheels but now i feel like the dye they use fuck with their formula or something. i haven't even skated a lot of rough ground recently, mostly the local indoor which is mostly wooden.

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #4499 on: December 19, 2021, 08:34:06 PM »
my pink spitfire skate like a girl f4s wore down and flatspotted extremely quickly. was excited to try a coloured pair of wheels but now i feel like the dye they use fuck with their formula or something. i haven't even skated a lot of rough ground recently, mostly the local indoor which is mostly wooden.
A coworker of mine got a chunk out of his. Did you find them softer feeling almost? My black classic fulls have been noted to feel a little softer by most people who have tried my setup.