Author Topic: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police  (Read 34077 times)

calvinsdream

Re: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2018, 01:24:53 PM »
Cool great work being pieces of shit

revfredmorton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »
Cool great work being pieces of shit

that constructive post...

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2018, 06:02:32 PM »
Expand Quote
White kids are brought in alive
Black kids get hit with like five
Get scared, you panic, you're goin' down
The disadvantages of the brown

Song hasn’t even been out a week
[close]

You do realize that white "kids" get shot in situations like this too right? It's just the media doesn't cover it because then stories like this wouldn't sell....

Obviously the officer involved panicked and made a mistake and needs to be held accountable, but shit happens when you have a split second to act.  We're talking about a car loaded with weapons that was just used in a shootout, and a suspected person from that vehicle, who in that officer's eyes was now an immediate threat. The same thing would've happened if Antown was white. Guns are guns and it doesn't take a black finger to pull a trigger. It's just again the media selectively covers these stories, and unfortunately young males are involved in more of these kinds of situations.

I don’t know what country you’re from but surely it can’t be America if youre unaware of pigs historically and currently treating black people worse than white people.

White people do not get killed for nothing by cops with the same frequency that black people do, at all.

That lyric I posted is extremely accurate.

Was Walter Scott a threat?
Freddie Gray?
Why did Eric Garner have to die?

Dylan fucking Roof gets taken alive though.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2018, 06:20:08 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

these type of arguments are really frustrating.  of course he was taken alive, this was an extremely high profile case that would undoubtedly be subject to intense scrutiny, so they obviously played it by the book.  The DC snipers were also taken alive, so what's your point?

The other ones you mentioned were street interactions where cops didn't know they were being filmed.  They thought they would get away with it.  If they had the chance to kill Dylan Roof and get away with it, don't you think they would have?  do you really think they were easy on him because he was white?  if they would have killed him, or even beaten him up, their case would be taken apart with a fine toothed comb.

cops are opportunists.  they get away with things when they know (or think) they can.  at the end of the day, if they want to fuck with you, they will fuck with you, no matter your race, gender, or class, and there is nothing any of us can do about it.  they are loyal to each other, we are all the enemy to them, and they will kill you if they think they will not face repercussions. 

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2018, 06:42:47 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

these type of arguments are really frustrating.  of course he was taken alive, this was an extremely high profile case that would undoubtedly be subject to intense scrutiny, so they obviously played it by the book.  The DC snipers were also taken alive, so what's your point?

The other ones you mentioned were street interactions where cops didn't know they were being filmed.  They thought they would get away with it.  If they had the chance to kill Dylan Roof and get away with it, don't you think they would have?  do you really think they were easy on him because he was white?  if they would have killed him, or even beaten him up, their case would be taken apart with a fine toothed comb.

cops are opportunists.  they get away with things when they know (or think) they can.  at the end of the day, if they want to fuck with you, they will fuck with you, no matter your race, gender, or class, and there is nothing any of us can do about it.  they are loyal to each other, we are all the enemy to them, and they will kill you if they think they will not face repercussions.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2018, 07:31:26 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Bruh, unarmed black people being far more likely to be killed by police isn’t really a matter of my opinion. Studies show it, despite cops making it as hard as possible  because they basically don’t keep record of unarmed people they kill.

You’re right, they are opportunists, and they know they will not be held responsible for killing black people if they say the magic words “I feared for my life”. They think twice more about shooting a white kid. Yes I think cops are easier on white people.

Police in America are racist towards black people? This is really what we’re debating right now? I thought this was painfully obvious at this point.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »
Bottom line. Fuck the police. The systematic killing and incarceration of young black men in this country is despicable.
Instantaneous trial, sentencing & execution. By design.

American policing has always stayed true to its roots: slave recovery, worker repression & violent enforcement of the status quo.

revfredmorton

« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2018, 07:48:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Bottom line. Fuck the police. The systematic killing and incarceration of young black men in this country is despicable.
[close]
Expand Quote

American policing has always stayed true to its roots: slave recovery, worker repression & violent enforcement of the status quo.
[close]

you misplaced me there, i dont understand what your saying.  he was in car fleeing from a shooting, the car shot up, he had empty magazine on him, he running from popo, he got shot.  coincidence?  probably threat to community

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bruh, unarmed black people being far more likely to be killed by police isn’t really a matter of my opinion. Studies show it, despite cops making it as hard as possible  because they basically don’t keep record of unarmed people they kill.

You’re right, they are opportunists, and they know they will not be held responsible for killing black people if they say the magic words “I feared for my life”. They think twice more about shooting a white kid. Yes I think cops are easier on white people.

Police in America are racist towards black people? This is really what we’re debating right now? I thought this was painfully obvious at this point.

not saying that police in America aren't systematically racist, I'm saying you're making a false equivalency. 

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2018, 07:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah but how do you fix it? That shits ingrained deep. Its like too complex. I mean its just social perceptions and law though really. And it all comes down to the individuals involved how it plays out.

revfredmorton

« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2018, 07:59:17 PM »
police shoot people no reason where you live?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »
police shoot people no reason where you live?

Yes. Why did Eric Garner have to die?

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2018, 08:26:31 PM »
This isn't the first skateboarder to be gunned down by police. If I recall correctly, it happened in another skateboarders own front yard in California. Brea? A few years ago.

yea on June 30 2010 in front of his parents million dollar home, he's my best friend... these stories kill me. I'm so sorry for all of Antwon's friends and family. If you were close to him don't be afraid to talk to someone about what you're feeling. I didnt and it took me a long time to feel normal after my friend passed. FUCK THE POLICE!

This is disgusting and equally heartbreaking. Seventeen year old kid, man. Fuck.

revfredmorton

« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »
if you say fuck the police, then dont call them when someone break into your home or something happen to you

Sad Hippo

« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2018, 10:47:32 PM »
if you say fuck the police, then dont call them when someone break into your home or something happen to you

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2018, 12:33:24 AM »
For first world nations - does this really ONLY occur in the USA? I know in a lot of other places police officers are not armed with firearms - right?  Aussie, Euro , Asian etc please chime in - how often does  police misconduct occur?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2018, 01:07:40 AM »

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:09:20 AM by eraserheadfuckers »

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2018, 02:13:09 AM »
For first world nations - does this really ONLY occur in the USA? I know in a lot of other places police officers are not armed with firearms - right?  Aussie, Euro , Asian etc please chime in - how often does  police misconduct occur?

I got beat up by cops and so did friends, ligitimate reasons obvs  ::)
cops wear guns here but
they aim and shoot (under the belt) about 50 to a 100 times a year, hitting 17 people, killing 3
which is a high number compared to other eu countries (only 17 million people living in the Netherlands).
(I think thats about 1 per 5 million, whereas in britain its 1 in 27 mil)

non- white officers leave the policeforce early due to a 'racist culture' and less obvious systematic racism, hardly any coloured officer gets promotion.

then again our jails are not full, they're empty, closing down.
and 'offenders' are hardly ever armed, only 1 police death in 3 yrs

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2018, 03:03:18 AM »

Cases of police breaking the law are a little bit harder to find numbers about. However, in 2017, the German police shot 15 people, which as far as I know is the highest count in Europe. In the USA, the police shot 976 people. Population is only four times larger.

I cannot remember a single case of someone being shot in the back by the police in Germany in the past 20 years. Which makes sense, because it is completely stupid.

This is not to say that there is no police violence in Germany. There have been a lot of racist incidents, too. Completely different scale, however.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:05:42 AM by listentoaheartbeat »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2018, 03:10:16 AM »
I grew up in Melbourne, Victoria and Victorian cops are armed, aggressive and often corrupt. Avoid at all costs. They have a long history of shooting dead the mentally ill and asking questions later. They've also been implicated in shootings of career criminals who manage to beat the courts.

I've lived in London for 15 years and police do not carry fire arms here. Only some of them carry tasers, and only special armed response units have guns. Your average cop on the street is going to be a lot nicer to you because they "police by consent". Black people have a far higher rate of contact with police but the black people I know never claim they're victimised. The force was well know for institutional racism but has made efforts to reform.

Armed responses to situations here can be a mixed bag results wise but in general the officer/s involved doesn't get charged. There was the Brazilian guy they shot on the tube in a case of mistaken identity, and then Marc Duggen who they shot thinking he had a gun (he'd dumped it meters away) and that started the last London riots.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2018, 05:12:43 AM »
It seems like other first world countries have a less acceptance of law enforcement that isn’t really accountable to the public or civilian authorities.

Here in the US you also have a large segment of the population that doesn’t give a shit about black people and an overlapping population that firmly believes in violence as deterrence and that crime is best handled with force.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2018, 06:05:36 AM »

I say fuck the police and i don't call them ever. I will shoot an intruder without hesitation.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2018, 06:48:57 AM »

Australian Police in general are armed, standard issued pistols but in rural cities you'll rarely see them with guns out unless its is requested by the call out, majority of the time its just tasers, stuns, stick and/or spray.

The Rural city I live in recently had a mentally ill person walk into a titty bar with two loaded bolt action rifles fired multiple shots into the air and was arrested unharmed (yes he was white), but about ten years ago there was also a bikie (motocycle gang) shootout to which police were only authorized to shoot for restraint ie; clipping a shoulder or leg.

We however can be pulled over (driving, riding or walking) at anytime, even if we're abiding the law, you can be tested for alcohol/drugs at any given moment which is how they meet their arrest quota... well that and speeding camera's.

In the sense of racism, Australia was kinda founded on it so I'll let you work it out.

jomeara1

« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2018, 08:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
You starting to see how this works?
[close]

Yeah, I think I get it now. You're making up weird scenarios to justify this unnecessary murder.

It’s actually not weird at all. It easily could’ve ended up that way. 

jomeara1

« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:28 AM »
Expand Quote

You are privileged, and it's coloring the way you look at the state's murder of black people. It's called survivorship bias.

[close]

I used my example to show that racist white cops are not roaming the streets thirsty for negro blood. Some people actually think this is the case, and it colors their interactions with police.

I was also trying to point out that there are ways to avoid finding yourself in these situations. NOT riding around with guns and running when cops try to pull you over is a very basic start.

This.

calvinsdream

« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2018, 09:02:32 AM »

Cool with me. Last time I called the cops after getting robbed they told me I should live in a different neighborhood.

Pigeon

« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I say fuck the police and i don't call them ever. I will shoot an intruder without hesitation.
What do you do after shooting an intruder? Do you just let the person decompose on your lawn?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2018, 11:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cool with me. Last time I called the cops after getting robbed they told me I should live in a different neighborhood.

Yep. Calling them is pointless almost all of the time. Cops aren’t going to do shit for you and can’t be trusted.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2018, 11:25:29 AM »
The last time I called the cops was because some drunk idiot sideswiped my car and a bunch of others in front of my apartment.  I heard it go down and went out to check it out, I see a bashed up honda with a dude passed out in the driver's seat across the street.  I called the cops, they showed up, I told them what happened.  There was different paint all over the front end of this car and his mirror was gone.  Cop looked at me and said there was no proof it was this person and left.  My insurance couldn't waive my deductible for the repair because it was treated like a hit and run.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
What do you do after shooting an intruder? Do you just let the person decompose on your lawn?

I'll cross that bridge when i get to it.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.