Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220802 times)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #300 on: May 19, 2020, 07:44:31 PM »
that tail goes to skinny point shit quick i love it
good call having your girl ("friend?") pick it out.. i should try that more.
but the 66's at 9.35 gotta be poking with the taper on that? they already are 0.225" wider than the widest deck point. i dunno top pic doesn't look insane at all

Top pic was taken at an angle. The trucks only stick out to where you can see a sliver of axle nut, and it doesn't make a difference whatsoever. It's only 0.11" difference on each side.

It's a pretty cool shape as well since the tapered nose + tail make the board very manipulable like a standard popsicle, but the width is great for stability/truck room.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2020, 07:48:48 PM »
Expand Quote
that tail goes to skinny point shit quick i love it
good call having your girl ("friend?") pick it out.. i should try that more.
but the 66's at 9.35 gotta be poking with the taper on that? they already are 0.225" wider than the widest deck point. i dunno top pic doesn't look insane at all
[close]

Top pic was taken at an angle. The trucks only stick out to where you can see a sliver of axle nut, and it doesn't make a difference whatsoever. It's only 0.11" difference on each side.

It's a pretty cool shape as well since the tapered nose + tail make the board very manipulable like a standard popsicle, but the width is great for stability/truck room.
hell yeah, with the 14.5 wb too

white guy in a durag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2020, 08:45:30 PM »
Hell yeah. I've got a golden egg too; it's chilling out on my wall right now, next in line to get set up.

shalominator

• Rep: 22
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2020, 07:36:12 PM »

I pulled the trigger on this Pizza deck a few days ago. The shape looked sick + I like PS wood.... Just took it outside and did some flat ground tricks and it felt great.

Pizza 8.875" Wide
32.25" Long
14" Wheelbase
Ace 44
Spitfire Lock in (Classics)
52mm Spitfire OG Classic 99a
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:41:36 PM by shalominator »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »

I pulled the trigger on this Pizza deck a few days ago. The shape looked sick + I like PS wood.... Just took it outside and did some flat ground tricks and it felt great.

Pizza 8.875" Wide
32.25" Long
14" Wheelbase
Ace 44
Spitfire Lock in (Classics)
52mm Spitfire OG Classic 99a

oh shit someone did the pizza
and those pics are bigger than a large pizza
use img width=500 within the first img bracket

shalominator

• Rep: 22
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2020, 07:42:46 PM »
First time uploading pics... I think I fixed it

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2020, 10:57:28 PM »
that tail could cut someone
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2020, 12:09:28 AM »
Still haven't set up my board, but is there any pros and cons to having this sort of shape? Does having a non popsicle have any effect on the tricks you do?

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2020, 01:15:16 AM »
Still haven't set up my board, but is there any pros and cons to having this sort of shape? Does having a non popsicle have any effect on the tricks you do?

Yes, you must be very careful. Riding a board even slightly eggy might make you fly out in space and the board over rotating when flipping. You must especially be careful of the ego factor when egging, when riding egg among popsticle friends they might be intimidated by your flying into space. Please dont let it get to your head and all should be fine.

Guess both those can be seen as pros and cons.

Also eggs are fun, not much much different than popsicle, maybe some rotating tricks easier etc but all depends on the size etc.

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2020, 04:39:02 AM »
The golden egg looks so nice I been meaning to grab another egg board for backup so I can flip around on mine without being afraid to break it. I just use it as a cruiser
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2020, 06:37:23 AM »
Eggish..  just grabbed a Simon Bannerot love seat shape 9x32x13.875
 seem kind hard to come across in Australia at the moment been looking for a month one of these shapes

Seems pretty much same dimensions as the FUBK Rudy Johnson I'm skating at the moment

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2020, 10:38:07 AM »
 seem kind hard to come across in Australia at the moment been looking for a month one of these shapes

Seems pretty much same dimensions as the FUBK Rudy Johnson I'm skating at the moment

It's good. I'm skating one now. It pressure cracked after the first session but it hasn't had an effect on the feeling or pop.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »

I have one coming tomorrow, just in time for the weekend. Pretty exited to try this shape too.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2020, 08:59:48 AM »
Egg-shaped decks are pretty hard to get here in Malaysia. 1 of our local skateshop has some Primitive DragonBall collab in, and i've been eyeing the Franky board.. So when they came in i snagged 2 to go.. The moebius collab has the same exact dimension..9.125 x 32.187, nose 6.9, tail 6.4 & 14.25wb. Already setup 1 with Indy 159 standards & f4 99a 54mm. Ordered a set of Ace55s from a skate shop in Thailand. Will set those up once it arrives. I hv the 44s on the AH 8.5 black widow..

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2020, 11:07:51 AM »
Villani football shapes are the best, I had the best session in a really long time on this one
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #315 on: May 23, 2020, 11:11:12 AM »
Villani football shapes are the best, I had the best session in a really long time on this one

wipe your grip tape on the graphic

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #316 on: May 23, 2020, 11:18:49 AM »
Nah, I like the fact that Franky did the graphic. It doesn't bother me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #317 on: May 23, 2020, 04:16:40 PM »
top view please, that graphic is terrible
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #318 on: May 23, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »
top view please, that graphic is terrible
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #319 on: May 23, 2020, 06:35:44 PM »
Excuse the stupid question, but does egg shape help with tricks, I’ve never skated one...even when they were the thing back in the 90’s i never had one. Is there a science to the sharper tapered tail?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
Excuse the stupid question, but does egg shape help with tricks, I’ve never skated one...even when they were the thing back in the 90’s i never had one. Is there a science to the sharper tapered tail?
i like egg tails for rotational and scoopy tricks. they arent as stable for me as blunt kicks for everything else.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2020, 07:52:12 PM »
Not stupid question at all. It helps with certain tricks for sure, the "rotational" ones if you like.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

skateboardstickerz

• Rep: -1
  • Providing the best stickers to customize your deck
    • www.skateboardstickerz.com avatar image
« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2020, 08:02:49 PM »
Is there any difference with control when using these boards?
Feel like your deck needs some customization? Order some stickers at www.skateboardstickerz.com

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #323 on: May 23, 2020, 08:20:59 PM »
its all preference but i find pointy kicks are more "wobbly" after popping than full/blunt kicks

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #324 on: May 24, 2020, 02:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
its all preference but i find pointy kicks are more "wobbly" after popping than full/blunt kicks

Yeah doesn’t sound like it would be my cup of tea...I prefer wide square tails

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2020, 11:55:29 PM »

what trucks you got on that? Ive been fucking with his shape alot but cant figure out a good truck size or brand for it.
And I dig the graphic too, always cool when skaters make their on graphics

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #326 on: May 28, 2020, 05:53:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what trucks you got on that? Ive been fucking with his shape alot but cant figure out a good truck size or brand for it.
Venture Kader 6.1. They work perfectly imo.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

TheAvidBleeder

• Rep: 3
« Reply #327 on: May 29, 2020, 09:06:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am riding the same shape, but a different Villani  graphic. I am using some thunder 149’s I had laying around. The deck tapers to 8 3/4 at the wheels and the trucks have an 8.5 axle length.  I think Frankie Villani uses 149’s going off of his signature truck and videos I’ve seen.  Definitely a fun shape to skate. An 8.75 axle would be the go to truck if would want to match the width exactly where it tapers.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2020, 09:14:20 AM »

Most of my flippery was during the era of these shapes only, so for myself, it feels more natural than these popsicle shapes. Although, hypocrisy here, skinny popsicles are nice and flippery for me as well. Just not into the current wide trend

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #329 on: May 29, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Most of my flippery was during the era of these shapes only, so for myself, it feels more natural than these popsicle shapes. Although, hypocrisy here, skinny popsicles are nice and flippery for me as well. Just not into the current wide trend
I feel the same way, I tried to like the wide popsicles but it was a waste of my time and money. I love egg shapes for flip tricks and they are cool to just down at because they have "character".