Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220756 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #960 on: August 17, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »
Hope this isn’t a dumb question: what kind of skating do you like to do on your eggs/footballs? I have some extra Indy 149s that I think could be kinda fun with an egg, for slappies and curb skating. Thoughts? I pretty much gave up flipping my board a few years ago due to injuries, so I just like to skate fun shapes for transition and curbs these days.

Frankie Villiani style :)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #961 on: August 17, 2021, 08:47:35 AM »
Anybody had the heroin 7.9 egg yet?
General feedback?
Pics of top view setup would be appreciated

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #962 on: August 17, 2021, 09:34:14 AM »
General feedback?

no top view but this is the most recent/only feedback we've had so far itt lol

Expand Quote
Anyone get the Heroin Lil egg? Review?
[close]

You mean this one?

It’s fuxking awesome fun!! Love how the edges aren’t rounded off. Probably my second favourite egg to the Tired Joel shape.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #963 on: August 17, 2021, 09:38:47 AM »
Expand Quote
General feedback?
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean this one?

It’s fuxking awesome fun!! Love how the edges aren’t rounded off. Probably my second favourite egg to the Tired Joel shape.
[close]

The soft boiled egg is 8.7 though

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #964 on: August 17, 2021, 09:41:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
General feedback?
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean this one?

[close]
[close]

i'm not even gonna try to pretend like i have it together enough this morning, gonna take the L on this. sorry y'all!

power edit: i also asked earlier in the thread after looking through instagram with very few good results. one of which was a complete being sold with yellow cruiser wheels and yellow grip. would like to see something a bit less......bright

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #965 on: August 17, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »
Is the verdict for an egg with 8" trucks still the 8.3 deedz only? Or any other similar widths? I figure the Lil egg would need sub 8" trucks right

midlife crisis.

• Rep: 1
« Reply #966 on: August 17, 2021, 10:08:08 AM »
Is the verdict for an egg with 8" trucks still the 8.3 deedz only? Or any other similar widths? I figure the Lil egg would need sub 8" trucks right

my heroin soft boiled egg measures the tiniest bit over 8" above the axle, maybe 8 1/16". mine also measures 8.5" at the widest point. not sure if i just ended up with a weird one or if all of them measured smaller than the published specs.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #967 on: August 17, 2021, 12:09:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my heroin soft boiled egg measures the tiniest bit over 8" above the axle, maybe 8 1/16". mine also measures 8.5" at the widest point. not sure if i just ended up with a weird one or if all of them measured smaller than the published specs.

Krooked Cromer Shape is perfect for 8" trucks.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #968 on: August 17, 2021, 01:51:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
General feedback?
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean this one?

[close]
[close]

You are totally right. I think I was thinking of how pointy the nose and tail are. Definitely doesn’t feel like 8.7 but it must be right at it’s widest point. Sorry y’all. My bad. It’s super fun though.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #969 on: August 17, 2021, 05:25:36 PM »
Have you seen the Blind Tim Gavin slick reissue?

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #970 on: August 17, 2021, 06:58:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
https://thankyousupply.com/products/blind-tim-gavin-dog-pound-slick-multi-8-125-r7-skateboard-deck
Width: 8.125" / Length: 31.6" / Wheelbase: 14.2"
It's...Perfect.

FUBAR

« Reply #971 on: August 18, 2021, 01:59:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
https://thankyousupply.com/products/blind-tim-gavin-dog-pound-slick-multi-8-125-r7-skateboard-deck
Width: 8.125" / Length: 31.6" / Wheelbase: 14.2"
It's...Perfect.
Even tho I do NOT need another deck I got this. Not sure when I will set it up, but I already dig it. Kind of wish the kicks were a bit mellower but whatever.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #972 on: August 23, 2021, 09:58:51 AM »
Enjoi has a nice looking 8.75 R7 football/egg shape. Been kinda curious as to how Enjoi wood is. Never had a Dwindle board so I’m a little apprehensive on whether or not I wanna get it.

ive been curious on that shape so i just ordered one.
hyped to test it out

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #973 on: August 24, 2021, 06:11:58 AM »
magenta jameel douglas guest artist deck
8.25/31.75/14.25 wb....90s shape

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #974 on: August 24, 2021, 06:40:02 AM »
There are a lot of great eggs on the market right now and what I’ve been told is that a lot more are going to be dropping shortly.

I also felt that this was appropriate to post here. The group of dudes I skate with call ourselves the Eggboyes, mostly because we all skate eggs or have one in rotation but also because we’re older and egg shaped. We’re in the early stages of making a little homie video.

The last few days I’ve taken my adderall too late in the day and been staying up too late. A few nights ago I started fucking around piecing together an opening track for the homie video, Eggboyes 1: Over Easy. I finished the short intro and to make it goofier and fun to share I added a bunch of dumb egg pictures and uploaded it to youtube. The instrumental is “DoomShop Type Beat” produced by Lord Lorenz.

https://youtu.be/w4CHm8xtmlU
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #975 on: August 24, 2021, 11:04:19 AM »
is DLX ever going to do any more Lil Snuff shapes? Its sick

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #976 on: August 24, 2021, 02:13:18 PM »
There are a lot of great eggs on the market right now and what I’ve been told is that a lot more are going to be dropping shortly.

I also felt that this was appropriate to post here. The group of dudes I skate with call ourselves the Eggboyes, mostly because we all skate eggs or have one in rotation but also because we’re older and egg shaped. We’re in the early stages of making a little homie video.

The last few days I’ve taken my adderall too late in the day and been staying up too late. A few nights ago I started fucking around piecing together an opening track for the homie video, Eggboyes 1: Over Easy. I finished the short intro and to make it goofier and fun to share I added a bunch of dumb egg pictures and uploaded it to youtube. The instrumental is “DoomShop Type Beat” produced by Lord Lorenz.

https://youtu.be/w4CHm8xtmlU

You got a new fan with that video. Love it. :)

Never skated a egg, because I was born 91 but ya all make me curious.
IG: @flowterspace

Landmine

• Rep: 184

FUBAR

« Reply #978 on: August 24, 2021, 05:19:54 PM »
That Magenta looks sick!

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: August 24, 2021, 05:37:13 PM »
@fs1/2cab currently in the lab making that heat. Will post once completed.

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #980 on: August 25, 2021, 02:54:49 AM »
Does anyone know the dimensions of the Jesse Alba frog board? I loved the polar football shape but cannot find another one of them in the uk or eu and the frog board looks the closest thing I'm going to get

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #981 on: August 25, 2021, 06:27:26 AM »
magenta jameel douglas guest artist deck
8.25/31.75/14.25 wb....90s shape

Looks perfect

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #982 on: August 25, 2021, 06:13:33 PM »
Does anyone know the dimensions of the Jesse Alba frog board? I loved the polar football shape but cannot find another one of them in the uk or eu and the frog board looks the closest thing I'm going to get

Is it this one?

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/frog-jesse-alba-8-8-skateboard-deck

WIDTH
LENGTH
WHEEL BASE

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #983 on: August 26, 2021, 02:48:26 AM »
Anybody who actually skated in the 90s able to say if that magenta board shape is accurate?

Seems like that shape is upside down. I'm probably wrong and only know boards from the late 90s but I remember boards having a lot of taper towards tiny tails.
Some older skater even explained that's why people pushed switch mongo to me. Because you keep your foot on the wider section

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #984 on: August 26, 2021, 03:03:26 AM »
Anybody who actually skated in the 90s able to say if that magenta board shape is accurate?

Seems like that shape is upside down. I'm probably wrong and only know boards from the late 90s but I remember boards having a lot of taper towards tiny tails.
Some older skater even explained that's why people pushed switch mongo to me. Because you keep your foot on the wider section

Between 90-94 boards changed so much and shapes and dimensions were still drastically all over the place.
its almost subjective as in, that shape is probably accurate to someone.. 

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #985 on: August 26, 2021, 06:38:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Between 90-94 boards changed so much and shapes and dimensions were still drastically all over the place.
Agree with this reply, but I also agree that the magenta shape looks a bit 'off' with how much it tapers towards the nose.  It's kind of like a skinnier cardiel shape or CK phawt.   I prefer the taper to go the other way on these 90s shapes.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #986 on: August 26, 2021, 10:59:35 AM »
I want that Jalba board
The chillest1

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #987 on: August 26, 2021, 04:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Agree with this reply, but I also agree that the magenta shape looks a bit 'off' with how much it tapers towards the nose.  It's kind of like a skinnier cardiel shape or CK phawt.   I prefer the taper to go the other way on these 90s shapes.

From a very quick search, this one might be almost there, before they really dipped to a "nothing" tail, but I wanted to find an image of the top of the board.

These old catalogs from 1993 are good, but it might be harder to make out the individual shapes as easily.  The red Woodstock top right is also that wide front taper to minimal tail that is being talked about.

* Easier to open in another window, as they are good quality images and don't show up well enough just in the embedded image option.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CJM1iAjPAfE/V9qn1hqTOgI/AAAAAAAAICg/2Trc5-DfDTkOM9dRXkmU5BmjAdv7GA0gQCLcB/s1600/ccs199302.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uWFFzLlIf-U/V9qn16BlRlI/AAAAAAAAICk/6Zy1fvZ9iwErZEU2BfmTvkaDHIov08zlACLcB/s1600/ccs199303.jpg

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #988 on: August 26, 2021, 06:48:00 PM »
10" Primitive Villani (9.5 at trucks; 7.1 N/T), have been skating it as a twin tail
Thunder 161
Speed Lab 58
Bronson ceramics
Absolutely love this thing, definitely will start buying Heroin Very Bigs

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #989 on: August 26, 2021, 08:20:13 PM »
For all my eggheads some new eggbased entertainment.

https://youtu.be/lkUljGRfZzc