Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224858 times)

white guy in a durag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1260 on: November 08, 2021, 01:38:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Copped the Quasi egg. Here's the detailed measurements for the culture

WIDTH: 9"
LENGTH: 31.75"
WB: 13.75"
WIDTH (FRONT TRUCK): 8.625"
WIDTH (BACK TRUCK): 8.5"
LENGTH (NOSE): 7.25"
LENGTH (TAIL): 6.875"

For my brother, off, the concave is steep, and it's got the mellowest tail and steepest nose that I've seen. Tail kinda seems like a craig board, but the nose is steeper than the hockey I'm riding right now. I think my fat ass just flattened that a little bit though.
[close]
thank you for this info!  Had the deck in my cart for the past couple days, but just hit that delete button based on this.
O-oh...

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1261 on: November 08, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »
Anyone try the Krooked lil snuff or the smaller Gerwer grimple egg (basically the same shape as the krooked) on venture highs?
I've ran the krooked with thunders+risers and it felt pretty good. My daily setup is 8' popsicle with cast ventures so I was thinking if I should try running that on the egg (keep the trucks consistent or go with the thunders since that won't make the tail feel as small as the ventures).

I don't mind having my daily setup and having the egg with thunders to mix it up depending on my mood, but for the type of skating I tend to do, I would probably prefer skating ventures overall

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #1262 on: November 08, 2021, 04:34:22 PM »
I've skated 4 Heroin egg shapes and I think this one is Fos' masterpiece

with 169 titaniums, Lil Jawn rails and 49.99999 Boardycakes

dang, that makes me want to order more of this..

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1263 on: November 08, 2021, 10:48:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wish I could get one in Europe.  :'(

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #1264 on: November 09, 2021, 12:38:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

USPS to EU works well and has reasonable rates. Received two of these from TGM only two weeks after putting my order in. They come out at around 80€ each after customs but I feel it’s worth it. As pointed out above, this egg is a masterpiece. It was instant fun coming from a Heroin 9.25 pop with minimal adjustment. I’ll go back and forth with the pop to switch things up and not wear it down too quickly.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1265 on: November 09, 2021, 01:27:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

USPS to EU works well and has reasonable rates. Received two of these from TGM only two weeks after putting my order in. They come out at around 80€ each after customs but I feel it’s worth it. As pointed out above, this egg is a masterpiece. It was instant fun coming from a Heroin 9.25 pop with minimal adjustment. I’ll go back and forth with the pop to switch things up and not wear it down too quickly.

That sounds very tempting. Usually the postage kills ordering anything larger from the US but I’ve done it before and I think nowadays the customs and VAT process is less cumbersome at least in Finland. Will have to really look into this. Thanks for the suggestion!  :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 01:34:03 AM by Roisto »

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1266 on: November 09, 2021, 05:49:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That sounds very tempting. Usually the postage kills ordering anything larger from the US but I’ve done it before and I think nowadays the customs and VAT process is less cumbersome at least in Finland. Will have to really look into this. Thanks for the suggestion!  :)

Cheers! Shipping was $60 so I added another 9.25 pop to make it worthwhile. I mean, it’s a bummer one has to  go through all that to get boards from a UK company in the EU, but they are certainly worth it. In Germany, few shops order Heroin and if they do, prices are inflated beyond reason.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1267 on: November 09, 2021, 06:35:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Cheers! Shipping was $60 so I added another 9.25 pop to make it worthwhile. I mean, it’s a bummer one has to  go through all that to get boards from a UK company in the EU, but they are certainly worth it. In Germany, few shops order Heroin and if they do, prices are inflated beyond reason.

Yeah. I just checked a bunch of US sites but couldn’t find them in stock anywhere. We’ve had Heroin boards in one shop here in Finland but they won’t be getting any more until next summer apparently. No other shops that I know in the EU carry them.

I got one mutant egg in the summer but after that the supply has run dry. I did order a 9.0 symmetrical egg from the UK but I don’t think I’ll ever get it. Had to make a claim to PayPal cuz the shop isn’t replying and have not delivered it.

I’d have bought quite a few Heroin boards already if they’d be available but the situation is way too difficult so I’m mostly skating DLX boards still. They have nice shapes but nothing as interesting as Heroin unfortunately.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1268 on: November 09, 2021, 06:53:50 AM »
It's been confirmed on here before that the Primitive Villani 9.1 egg shape is the exact same as the Heroin 9.1 egg (albeit with typically worse graphics), in case Primitives are any easier to come by in EU 

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1269 on: November 09, 2021, 07:33:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah. I just checked a bunch of US sites but couldn’t find them in stock anywhere. We’ve had Heroin boards in one shop here in Finland but they won’t be getting any more until next summer apparently. No other shops that I know in the EU carry them.

There are several, e.g. Mantis in Hamburg and Freedom in Vienna. Ordering the wide eggs from the US also involves tracking them down via Insta or doing daily Google searches. I got them via a link that was posted here.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1270 on: November 09, 2021, 08:16:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

There are several, e.g. Mantis in Hamburg and Freedom in Vienna. Ordering the wide eggs from the US also involves tracking them down via Insta or doing daily Google searches. I got them via a link that was posted here.

Thanks. Ponke’s is the shop in Finland that has had Heroin boards if anyone is interested for future reference.

Tracking down decks with Instagram and doing daily Google searches sounds like way too much work for me. I am very interested in the symmetrical eggs but let’s be real, the situation is absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks @kneebone. I’m not a fan of Primitive at all and I think their boards come from China in Europe.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1271 on: November 09, 2021, 10:38:27 AM »
9 inch egg rydaz.... are you using 8.75 (159s) trucks or 9.125 (169s)... I only know the Indy version sorry.
I'm assuming 9 inch eggs are more around 8.75 at the trucks?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1272 on: November 09, 2021, 10:39:26 AM »
Depending on the taper, 8.75 or even 8.5 trucks on a 9" egg.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1273 on: November 09, 2021, 10:41:03 AM »
I'm eyeballing the Blind 9" one. Cody McEntire Impersonator

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1274 on: November 09, 2021, 11:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks. Ponke’s is the shop in Finland that has had Heroin boards if anyone is interested for future reference.

Tracking down decks with Instagram and doing daily Google searches sounds like way too much work for me. I am very interested in the symmetrical eggs but let’s be real, the situation is absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks @kneebone. I’m not a fan of Primitive at all and I think their boards come from China in Europe.

Very happy with both the shape and quality of the Primitive Egg. Skatestore.nl and Furtivo in BCN have also carried eggs from Heroin. Even the Curb Killer, but not as cheap as the 69 euro we want to pay

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1275 on: November 09, 2021, 11:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Very happy with both the shape and quality of the Primitive Egg. Skatestore.nl and Furtivo in BCN have also carried eggs from Heroin. Even the Curb Killer, but not as cheap as the 69 euro we want to pay

sadly Skatestore didn't order the 9.75 egg. but i did request they order one of next seasons eggs, just hope they actually get what they ordered too since thats another problem.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1276 on: November 09, 2021, 11:53:08 AM »
sold out
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 05:05:14 PM by 144p »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1277 on: November 09, 2021, 11:58:45 AM »
Anyone rode this deck and know the true wheelbase? https://www.skatesusa.com/products/primitive-x-dragon-ball-super-universal-survival-egg-deck-9-125

This site says 14.43 while another said 14.25
http://www.35thave.com/shop/c/p/Primitive-Frankie-Villani-Sock-Monster-9125-x-3225-x52406625.htm
My understanding is that 35th Ave always measures the decks before they put them up. In this case, the SkateUSA site has correct dims.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1278 on: November 09, 2021, 12:06:19 PM »

Go with the 159’s, if the sora I have is any compression it’s a lot wider at the front trucks. Honestly looks a bit like a Dane1 with a bigger nose and a rounded tail.

With that being said, I almost exclusively skate eggs and on all of my 9”+ boards I will only ride 9” trucks and I haven’t seen them hot rod.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1279 on: November 09, 2021, 01:47:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Go with the 159’s, if the sora I have is any compression it’s a lot wider at the front trucks. Honestly looks a bit like a Dane1 with a bigger nose and a rounded tail.

With that being said, I almost exclusively skate eggs and on all of my 9”+ boards I will only ride 9” trucks and I haven’t seen them hot rod.

I put the Sora and the Cody boards side by side on the floor of the skate shop
And they are pretty different.    Like freelance vagrant said the nose of the sora is more like a dane1
It actually reminded of an early 90's Jeremy Klein shape.

The cody McEntire board reminded me of me my Blind Rudy Johnson Football.
The nose is much more Football/eggy . wb is just over 14

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1280 on: November 09, 2021, 02:26:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Would be cool if that Dane was still a thing

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: November 09, 2021, 04:20:42 PM »
**Crosspost from the set up thread**

Just set up this Sora and I’m fucking juiced. Grip art by Thom.

Blind Sora Imposter series 9.4” wide 14.5” wb
Ace 55 classics
Spitfire f4 56mm 99a classics
Bones big balls
Jessup
Diamond 7/8” Allen

Slugboi22

• Rep: 67
« Reply #1282 on: November 09, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »
Very tempted by the quasi egg shape but feeling a little unsure about how it’ll feel with Ace AF1 55. that wheelbase is super small. Anyone try the shape with aces before?

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1283 on: November 10, 2021, 10:24:21 AM »
Also, anyone know what are the widths (at truck point) on the Grimple Gerwer egg?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1284 on: November 10, 2021, 11:25:03 AM »
Also, anyone know what are the widths (at truck point) on the Grimple Gerwer egg?

The 8.75" one? If no one gets to it before then, I have an old one in the stack I can measure tonight.

I got a new set of Ace 55 classics to go with some new wheels and an Enjoi Pilz 9.125 egg, but since I have a phobia of Christmas completes I decided to set them up on the Uma "toenail" that I retired early.

Lunch break session was nice. I've been mostly skating big wheels lately, but this combo felt so good to me.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1285 on: November 10, 2021, 11:40:40 AM »
@Macho Taildrop how do you like the toenail? I’ve got one I’m about to grip tonight

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1286 on: November 10, 2021, 11:54:14 AM »
@Macho Taildrop how do you like the toenail? I’ve got one I’m about to grip tonight

I like it, hoping Uma do more of them. I retired it early because I put the rails on it, which always makes me feel like an asshole since I do like one trick involving the middle of my board per month.

It has a long nose with 2-ish fingers of flat, feels nice on crooked grinds. The tail is a little shorter and steeper too, which checks another box for me. I'll keep skating it while I in the trucks and/or until the tail gets fully razor'd.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1287 on: November 10, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The 8.75" one? If no one gets to it before then, I have an old one in the stack I can measure tonight.

I got a new set of Ace 55 classics to go with some new wheels and an Enjoi Pilz 9.125 egg, but since I have a phobia of Christmas completes I decided to set them up on the Uma "toenail" that I retired early.

Lunch break session was nice. I've been mostly skating big wheels lately, but this combo felt so good to me.

Sorry the 8.38 one. Assuming it's like the Lil snuff

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #1288 on: November 10, 2021, 04:36:28 PM »
Very tempted by the quasi egg shape but feeling a little unsure about how it’ll feel with Ace AF1 55. that wheelbase is super small. Anyone try the shape with aces before?

I have, I liked it! The extra short wheelbase made it much easier to rotate 180s, shoves, and 360 flips.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Slugboi22

• Rep: 67
« Reply #1289 on: November 10, 2021, 04:45:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have, I liked it! The extra short wheelbase made it much easier to rotate 180s, shoves, and 360 flips.
Heck yeah thank you! sounds like the shape will be a fun departure from my recent string of popsicle shapes :)