Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224913 times)

user18081971

Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1290 on: November 10, 2021, 08:07:15 PM »
Also, anyone know what are the widths (at truck point) on the Grimple Gerwer egg?
saw it at labor def go 139’s. Tail is tiny on it btw.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1291 on: November 10, 2021, 08:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also, anyone know what are the widths (at truck point) on the Grimple Gerwer egg?
[close]

The 8.75" one? If no one gets to it before then, I have an old one in the stack I can measure tonight.

I got a new set of Ace 55 classics to go with some new wheels and an Enjoi Pilz 9.125 egg, but since I have a phobia of Christmas completes I decided to set them up on the Uma "toenail" that I retired early.

Lunch break session was nice. I've been mostly skating big wheels lately, but this combo felt so good to me.
[close]

Sorry the 8.38 one. Assuming it's like the Lil snuff

The Uma Toe nail did not really work for me and I am not sure why. Looked good, dims were good. Had my Ace 44s on it and some 54mm classics but it just didn't feel good at all. I still rode it until near death though....

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1292 on: November 11, 2021, 04:38:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The 8.75" one? If no one gets to it before then, I have an old one in the stack I can measure tonight.

I got a new set of Ace 55 classics to go with some new wheels and an Enjoi Pilz 9.125 egg, but since I have a phobia of Christmas completes I decided to set them up on the Uma "toenail" that I retired early.

Lunch break session was nice. I've been mostly skating big wheels lately, but this combo felt so good to me.
[close]

Sorry the 8.38 one. Assuming it's like the Lil snuff
[close]

The Uma Toe nail did not really work for me and I am not sure why. Looked good, dims were good. Had my Ace 44s on it and some 54mm classics but it just didn't feel good at all. I still rode it until near death though....

This is what I’m afraid of. I’m hate the tail and the wheelbase is too short. I might ride it backwards or just trade for it. I’d feel bad because it was a gift but I’d rather have something I can skate
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #1293 on: November 12, 2021, 08:58:09 PM »

Copped the Quasi egg. Here's the detailed measurements for the culture

WIDTH: 9"
LENGTH: 31.75"
WB: 13.75"
WIDTH (FRONT TRUCK): 8.625"
WIDTH (BACK TRUCK): 8.5"
LENGTH (NOSE): 7.25"
LENGTH (TAIL): 6.875"

For my brother, off, the concave is steep, and it's got the mellowest tail and steepest nose that I've seen. Tail kinda seems like a craig board, but the nose is steeper than the hockey I'm riding right now. I think my fat ass just flattened that a little bit though.

are they still PSStix or hv they change to BBS?

AppleNick

• Rep: 19
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1294 on: November 12, 2021, 09:51:39 PM »

Gavin reissue Blind
W: 8.125" widest point, 7.875" over front trucks, 7.75" over back trucks
L: A little more than 31.5" tip to tip
WB: 14.25"
N: 6.875"
T: A little more than 6.5"
It has the usual kind of Dwindle shape, mellow wings and steeper kicks with plenty of fingers. I put 5.2 Venture Hi with forged plates on it.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1295 on: November 13, 2021, 06:17:41 PM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/QYuvX9a

Brand new errrrrthang(still don’t know how to embed)
Quasi 9.0 egg
6.1 ventures
52 f4 classic
Reds bearings
Shortys 7/8 Phillips hardware
Jessup grip
Can’t wait to try it out tomorrow morning! Yes it’s ps stix
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 06:30:15 PM by skatesum609 »

cannibalochs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1296 on: November 15, 2021, 07:02:32 PM »
Been lurking this thread for a bit and I am interested in trying one of the Grimple eggs. Does anyone know the width of 9.1 Grimple ( https://www.paradeworld.com/products/grimple-stix-gerwer-grimple-at-work-912-deck-276-6967127343264/ ) at the trucks?

Thanks in advance!

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1297 on: November 15, 2021, 08:05:37 PM »
Been lurking this thread for a bit and I am interested in trying one of the Grimple eggs. Does anyone know the width of 9.1 Grimple ( https://www.paradeworld.com/products/grimple-stix-gerwer-grimple-at-work-912-deck-276-6967127343264/ ) at the trucks?

Thanks in advance!

my guess would be 8.75 ish..so 159/151/6.1 would fit nicely..

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1298 on: November 15, 2021, 08:28:03 PM »

Thanks in advance!

looks like @ipathcats set one up relatively recently on af1 55's. can't figure out fancy mentions, but hopefully this invokes them to give you more info if you want
Just setup that grimple gerwer 9.1 football/egg shape on some af1 55s, and spitfire HDs. Fun lil ripper, never skated a shape like this before. Would post a pic but I can't size them properly after hosting the img on that ibb site. Fuck it I'll do it anyway, sorry for the format.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1299 on: November 15, 2021, 08:40:34 PM »
yeah, 55s work well to.i hv those set up on my villani 9.125 board.wheels still tucked in under the board. no hotrodding.just a little axle nut showing.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1300 on: November 16, 2021, 04:56:08 AM »
Another (not so new) one that might tickle someone's interest

Grimple flyer shape 8.75 slick at 3:13

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1301 on: November 16, 2021, 08:36:15 AM »
That grimple true full deck lmaooo it would make for a cool wall hanger

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #1302 on: November 16, 2021, 10:27:41 AM »

Expand Quote

Thanks in advance!
[close]

looks like @IpathCats set one up relatively recently on af1 55's. can't figure out fancy mentions, but hopefully this invokes them to give you more info if you want
Expand Quote
Just setup that grimple gerwer 9.1 football/egg shape on some af1 55s, and spitfire HDs. Fun lil ripper, never skated a shape like this before. Would post a pic but I can't size them properly after hosting the img on that ibb site. Fuck it I'll do it anyway, sorry for the format.

[close]
I rock Thunder 161s on mine and it hot rods just a little bit but I find that that works great with the use I give to this board.

IpathCats

« Reply #1303 on: November 16, 2021, 10:55:54 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

Thanks in advance!
[close]

looks like @IpathCats set one up relatively recently on af1 55's. can't figure out fancy mentions, but hopefully this invokes them to give you more info if you want
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I rock Thunder 161s on mine and it hot rods just a little bit but I find that that works great with the use I give to this board.

Just saw this, I don't know the exact width at the trucks. My af1 55's (8.5") magic carpet a bit, so maybe 8.75? TBH i like the 8.5's on it though, would recommend.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1304 on: November 16, 2021, 02:00:50 PM »

Gavin reissue Blind
W: 8.125" widest point, 7.875" over front trucks, 7.75" over back trucks
L: A little more than 31.5" tip to tip
WB: 14.25"
N: 6.875"
T: A little more than 6.5"
It has the usual kind of Dwindle shape, mellow wings and steeper kicks with plenty of fingers. I put 5.2 Venture Hi with forged plates on it.

I got this board too and it skates really weird to me, it might be because it's my first egg but the way I feel about it is that if this board is really shaped like boards were back then then I'm pretty glad we've moved on to contemporary popsicles. The nose and tail feel too long for my taste and I felt the tail flex a lot on a few landings. I'm interested in trying out another egg but I'm going to be a lot more picky about what shape I pick out the next time around.
Additionally, I'm skating it with some 52mms which is a normal wheel size for me but for some reason they feel huge on this board. I can kind of understand the aesthetic preferences some skaters had back then in that wheels over 50mm feel like vert wheels; when I look down at this shape and see the wheels poking out I think to myself that it doesn't feel like it makes sense to skate normal sized wheels with this board. Maybe it's my subconscious desire to make a period-accurate setup, but it feels more like the shape itself is what commands the smaller wheel size for some reason.
I dig the everslick though, it's nice to have the graphic stick around after tailsliding and boardsliding a bunch and it makes me barely feel wheelbites at all. It's also nice that it's not slick to the point of it being out of control, I still feel like I have to push my slides a little bit which makes me feel like transitioning back to a non slick will be reasonably seamless.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1305 on: November 16, 2021, 02:27:11 PM »
new Alltimers 8.5 egg

SPoT lists it as 8.5 x 32, 14.25wb

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1306 on: November 16, 2021, 02:32:11 PM »
Wonder what it measures over the trucks?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #1307 on: November 16, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »

Did you end up getting 144s?

They would sit fairly well on it, but for people who like a little more carpet, 139s would also be a go to.

Interesting to see so many other brands now introducing an egg / football shape into their lineup too.

user18081971

« Reply #1308 on: November 16, 2021, 06:02:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They would sit fairly well on it, but for people who like a little more carpet, 139s would also be a go to.

Interesting to see so many other brands now introducing an egg / football shape into their lineup too.

Unfortunately from here on out brands that use Clutch will no longer be using their football/egg shape as they have decided to stop producing those.

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1309 on: November 18, 2021, 01:28:10 PM »
Any familiar with this Uma egg?

https://www.tactics.com/uma-landsleds/chapman-pre-dawn-90-shaped-skateboard-deck

Wondering if I could slap my Independent titanium 149s on it or should go up to 8.75" trucks?

It's my first egg so unsure of how much magic carpet is nice vs. just making it too tippy

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1310 on: November 18, 2021, 01:34:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not yet. Just did all of my XMas shopping for my son. Now on to the wife. If there is 5 dollars left for me, I may purchase.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1311 on: November 18, 2021, 01:39:51 PM »

https://www.tactics.com/uma-landsleds/chapman-pre-dawn-90-shaped-skateboard-deck

Wondering if I could slap my Independent titanium 149s on it or should go up to 8.75" trucks?

It's my first egg so unsure of how much magic carpet is nice vs. just making it too tippy

149s are perfect for it.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #1312 on: November 18, 2021, 01:45:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

+1
149s are perfect for it.

Goblinoid

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1313 on: November 18, 2021, 02:01:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

+1
149s are perfect for it.
[close]

Hell yes, purchased.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 05:45:11 AM by Goblinoid »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1314 on: November 19, 2021, 02:43:44 PM »
That Uma board looks so good..   a little big for me but damn its pretty

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1315 on: November 19, 2021, 05:04:18 PM »

Got anything you’d trade for it? I got one as a gift and I don’t even want to grip it.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1316 on: November 19, 2021, 05:49:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got anything you’d trade for it? I got one as a gift and I don’t even want to grip it.

Cheers but I'm good.  Shipping to or from Australia is a deal breaker

Curiosity.. why don't u like it?? Wb??

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1317 on: November 20, 2021, 08:36:22 AM »
Expand Quote
@Macho Taildrop how do you like the toenail? I’ve got one I’m about to grip tonight
[close]

I like it, hoping Uma do more of them. I retired it early because I put the rails on it, which always makes me feel like an asshole since I do like one trick involving the middle of my board per month.

It has a long nose with 2-ish fingers of flat, feels nice on crooked grinds. The tail is a little shorter and steeper too, which checks another box for me. I'll keep skating it while I in the trucks and/or until the tail gets fully razor'd.

You are the best.
This is why I don’t put rails on boards.
Even tho I know it’d be fun.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1318 on: November 20, 2021, 09:22:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cheers but I'm good.  Shipping to or from Australia is a deal breaker

Curiosity.. why don't u like it?? Wb??

The shape isn’t my bag, I prefer a tapered nose and wider tail and this is the exact opposite, and I need at least a 14.5” wb. Honestly, over all I’m just bummed on it

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1319 on: November 20, 2021, 08:30:38 PM »
Just wrapping up a three week binge with my Gerwer egg. Loved it but I gotta admit I’m not too stoked on slick decks. At least the two or three I’ve skated in the last couple years. Aside from that I loved it. Mellow concave, not too flat which is great for me considering I have a flat foot. It’s kept it’s pop for the most part as well. Wouldn’t mind snagging another but I have my eye in that quasi shape. Any update on how that skated?