Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 224887 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1620 on: March 23, 2022, 08:57:52 AM »
Expand Quote

New huffer in the spring drop. That beach bummer looks fun too
[close]

i've always wanted to try that beach bummer deck..
i know this is an egg thread not a shape thread but yo... that beach bummer looks rad to me. i was already interested in the old beach bum, but this seems like an improvement to me, and i'll almost certainly try it out. if anyone else cops the bummer, please post a review!

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1621 on: March 23, 2022, 09:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
i know this is an egg thread not a shape thread but yo... that beach bummer looks rad to me. i was already interested in the old beach bum, but this seems like an improvement to me, and i'll almost certainly try it out. if anyone else cops the bummer, please post a review!

I’m all about shaped Eagles. I have the Bum on Indy 169s and Super Juice 60s, which is a really fun rig that’s versatile enough to hit some varied terrain while cruising.

I can’t resist taking a stupid idea to its logical conclusion, though, so I got the Bummer, some Indy 215s, and a set of Thunder Juice wheels. It’s a tank, but it’s surfy like a longboard, and I even popped a few ollies on it. Overall, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the two beach decks. Short, stubby noses with a little kick and big, square tails. They’re perfect cruiser decks, but I’m actually really tempted to set one up with some normal wheels one day.

I snagged that Huffer Eagle as well (first one). I think I’m gonna like that a lot.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1622 on: March 23, 2022, 10:05:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I’m all about shaped Eagles. I have the Bum on Indy 169s and Super Juice 60s, which is a really fun rig that’s versatile enough to hit some varied terrain while cruising.

I can’t resist taking a stupid idea to its logical conclusion, though, so I got the Bummer, some Indy 215s, and a set of Thunder Juice wheels. It’s a tank, but it’s surfy like a longboard, and I even popped a few ollies on it. Overall, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the two beach decks. Short, stubby noses with a little kick and big, square tails. They’re perfect cruiser decks, but I’m actually really tempted to set one up with some normal wheels one day.

I snagged that Huffer Eagle as well (first one). I think I’m gonna like that a lot.

The beach bummer looks nearly identical to the Silver/Red 10.5" krooked ZipZagger. Maybe @woodshop can chime in? Seems like the perfect cruiser like you said. I also have a huffer on the way that I'm pretty excited about

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1623 on: March 23, 2022, 10:44:38 AM »
Zig Zogger is even wider than the beach bummer. 10.75" for the Zogger.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1624 on: March 23, 2022, 05:35:03 PM »

I definitely don't know everything, that's for sure.

Frank and Fred has it right there too.

From looking at some of those boards, especially if you didn't have the dimensions handy, they do look similar, but I hadn't really looked that hard at those ones.

The normal Zig Zagger is a fun one and I do know someone who shaped it to be more rounded and actually came out like a slightly smaller Huffer, which was cool to see.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #1625 on: March 24, 2022, 09:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

The beach bummer looks nearly identical to the Silver/Red 10.5" krooked ZipZagger. Maybe @woodshop can chime in? Seems like the perfect cruiser like you said. I also have a huffer on the way that I'm pretty excited about

The Bum/Bummer have less taper toward the tail than the Zogger. I think that’s why I’m tempted to put some regular wheels on one.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1626 on: March 26, 2022, 09:05:29 PM »

Antiihero Cardiel Huffer
Ace AF1 66
Spit FF 53mm Classics
Bronson Noras
Shorty's Hardware
Pig Rail
Mob (including some leftover Clear)

Crosspost from Setup Thread. Super excited to jump on this thing tomorrow.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1627 on: March 31, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »
New heroin eggs in the wild. Mini egg and what looks to my eye like 9.4 egg (?) on the second pic. And I’m assuming collab with Basquiat

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1628 on: March 31, 2022, 12:44:55 PM »
New heroin eggs in the wild. Mini egg and what looks to my eye like 9.4 egg (?) on the second pic. And I’m assuming collab with Basquiat

that blue mutant is a 9.25 so i doubt that 2nd egg is a 9.4

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1629 on: March 31, 2022, 06:47:10 PM »
i want that mini egggggg

also

sweetlou

• Rep: 11
  • https://www.superduperskateboards.com/
    • superduperskateboards.com avatar image
« Reply #1630 on: March 31, 2022, 08:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I’ve had all 3 boards at the shop and my thoughts (before reading this thread) were this: When “The Beach Bum” and “Zogger” co-existed I told people “The Beach Bum” is a slim “Zogger”, and then the “Bummer” came out and I would say it’s perfectly in between.

They’re pretty much the same exact same shape: in L, XL and XXL.

ToshiroTownune

« Reply #1631 on: March 31, 2022, 08:41:43 PM »

Looks like the mini egg is 8.38 and the Mandy egg is 9.125, as is the holographic egg

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #1632 on: March 31, 2022, 11:23:05 PM »
Those graphics wow

look so good

Mini Egg mmmmm

disclosed

• Rep: 175
« Reply #1633 on: April 01, 2022, 06:23:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’ve had all 3 boards at the shop and my thoughts (before reading this thread) were this: When “The Beach Bum” and “Zogger” co-existed I told people “The Beach Bum” is a slim “Zogger”, and then the “Bummer” came out and I would say it’s perfectly in between.

but it seems the Bummer is a 14.6 wheelbase? the Zogger and Bum are only 14"

ToshiroTownune

« Reply #1634 on: April 01, 2022, 10:13:55 AM »

sweetlou

• Rep: 11
  • https://www.superduperskateboards.com/
    • superduperskateboards.com avatar image
« Reply #1635 on: April 01, 2022, 11:58:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

but it seems the Bummer is a 14.6 wheelbase? the Zogger and Bum are only 14"

I’m a pretty big nerd about WB so that’s definitely of note but the vibe you get when your actually standing there looking down at it is super similar… wish I had a comparison photo but I’ve never had all 3 at the same time.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #1636 on: April 04, 2022, 07:39:56 PM »
New curb sled 9.125 Heroin Emu egg, Indy 149 hollows with a few extra washers (magic carpet), some old spitfire conicals, random mix of bearings I had around and pig rails.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 05:49:42 AM by Orangepulp1000 »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1637 on: April 05, 2022, 07:39:31 AM »
this looks interesting.  Only stat given is 9.25 wide

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/shake-junt-shelly-deck-925-90-6765197328438/

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1638 on: April 05, 2022, 10:30:23 AM »
this looks interesting.  Only stat given is 9.25 wide

https://www.paradeworld.com/products/shake-junt-shelly-deck-925-90-6765197328438/

I’m guessing this is the same shape as the Baker impact stripe decks they do from time to time. Those have a 14.25 wb and I believe 32 length might be a little less.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1639 on: April 05, 2022, 11:25:26 AM »
if that's the case, i'm buying as many as possible!  i loved the impact stripe shape, but i'm pretty sure that was 9.3something and has been gone for several years. This one kinda looks like a bakerboys version of the crail couch shape, but will wait to see one of the shops that posts actual product shots rather than catalog renderings.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #1640 on: April 08, 2022, 08:41:34 AM »
@BartHarleyJarvis  dude that is such a gorgeous set up. One of the best shapes of all time. Easy.

Just got this guy in the mail, which I’m very pleased about.

@darkthrone yo fos, I had a question for ya dude. Is the Dare collab the same shape as the old Tony Karr double shovel? I don’t recall the dims of it of hand, but I don’t think 9.5” like the Mandy decks.

For the uninitiated, this was the Tony Karr deck.

PS: please bring Tony back, he is the fucking best.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1641 on: April 08, 2022, 09:40:35 AM »
Excuse the double post but HOLY SHIT!

Jason Addams Black Label egg!!

9” x 32.8” with a 14.5” wheelbase

Can be found here:

https://www.blacklabelskates.com/product/jason-adams-suffer-9-0
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 10:07:53 AM by Freelancevagrant »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1642 on: April 08, 2022, 09:47:54 AM »
website says: 9.0" x 32.8″ 14.5 wheelbase. Which will make it a nice slimmed down Huffer. Might cop.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1643 on: April 08, 2022, 10:07:17 AM »
website says: 9.0" x 32.8″ 14.5 wheelbase. Which will make it a nice slimmed down Huffer. Might cop.

You’re 100% right idk how I fucked that up. It’s the exact same as the Reuter egg. The Reuter egg is a perfectly scaled down huffer.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1644 on: April 08, 2022, 10:16:06 AM »
SoCal has it listed as 14.75" so you might be right... who knows...

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1645 on: April 08, 2022, 10:41:50 AM »
SoCal has it listed as 14.75" so you might be right... who knows...

That’s exactly what happened, I pulled the dims from SoCal then got the link from black label directly without confirming them. SoCal fucks their specs up a lot

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1646 on: April 08, 2022, 11:05:59 AM »
@Freelancevagrant According to Fos' comments on the post below, the double shovel in the Mandy drop is 9.5 and a new fully symmetrical shape. I've had the Dead Dave and the Dare and they were 9 so I am guessing those were the same shape as the Tony Karr you posted

Sorry to jump the gun and answer for Fos but I got horny for another double shovel and couldn't stop myself from digging around. Also double apologies if I totally steamrolled over your question just so I could talk about Double Shovels in the Eggs thread
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1647 on: April 08, 2022, 12:09:51 PM »
@jakeumms stuff your sorrys in a sack bruv! I really appreciate it man! I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t lying to folks by saying the dare symmetrical and the double shovel are the exact same.

That being said, I did some digging and got the specs for Tony’s double shovel, but fos will know best, as there’s some variation from source to source.

Double Shovel
Width: 9”
Length: 31.75”
Wheelbase: 14.38”

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #1648 on: April 08, 2022, 12:57:27 PM »
For sure getting a couple of those Mandy boards for the wall
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Fooj

• Rep: 182
« Reply #1649 on: April 08, 2022, 01:29:20 PM »
Do you egg loyalists find they make slappys easier, harder or neither? Trying to learn them right now and notice a lot of slappiers use shaped/eggs. Seems like the wide middle might make it easier to tip but I’m not sure if that makes a difference