Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 220726 times)

disclosed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 168
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #1950 on: September 28, 2022, 09:51:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Curb Killer 3s showing up
[close]

anyone know the wheelbase on this one?
[close]

tactics is listing 14.5 but grain of salt obv

a 14.5 would be nice if thats the case.
i like the OG 10" egg but the tail is a bit short for my liking. so this one could be the solution. i dont actually care about the symmetrical aspect tho.

Man, I'm a huge Heroin fanboy but the symmetric Egg graphics where the egg is mirrored don't do it for me. A symmetrical 10" egg sounds great but I'm too picky about my deck art to ride this.

i liked the 9.75 one. with the upside down faces. and i think the Razor Egg looked great! but i know you didnt like that one ether.
this one is pretty weak, i'll agree on that. but i woulnt mind riding it still.

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #1951 on: September 28, 2022, 10:00:39 AM »
Ughhh no 8.75-8.9 egg in this drop :( guess im gonna stock up on symetrical eggs

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #1952 on: September 28, 2022, 10:04:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Noticed tactics has a few symmetrical egg boards with different sizes for nose and tail. Pobodys nefect.

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #1953 on: September 28, 2022, 10:05:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

a 14.5 would be nice if thats the case.
i like the OG 10" egg but the tail is a bit short for my liking. so this one could be the solution. i dont actually care about the symmetrical aspect tho.

Expand Quote
Man, I'm a huge Heroin fanboy but the symmetric Egg graphics where the egg is mirrored don't do it for me. A symmetrical 10" egg sounds great but I'm too picky about my deck art to ride this.
[close]

i liked the 9.75 one. with the upside down faces. and i think the Razor Egg looked great! but i know you didnt like that one ether.
this one is pretty weak, i'll agree on that. but i woulnt mind riding it still.

I'll agree with you that the 9.75 one is actually decent. I hated the Razor Egg, it's way too busy for me. Especially 'cause the original Razor Egg was my first egg, so the original art holds a special place in my heart.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1954 on: September 28, 2022, 12:20:37 PM »
Ughhh no 8.75-8.9 egg in this drop :( guess im gonna stock up on symetrical eggs
in the Heroin ig post, it looks like there are still 2 more coming in this catalog that are covered by a black box. I'd imagine at least one of those will be a smaller size

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1955 on: September 30, 2022, 07:28:44 PM »
Just setup a loveseat with 6.1s and boardycakes 49.99ers. I'm loving it even though not a huge fan of the Craig.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1956 on: October 01, 2022, 12:04:28 PM »
Anyone know of a shop that has the new polar drop in stock?  It looks like there’s a football shape again in this one (trying to confirm that).  A few shops were in Polar’s IG story but none of them seemed to have the football one in stock

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #1957 on: October 01, 2022, 02:59:33 PM »
Anyone know of a shop that has the new polar drop in stock?  It looks like there’s a football shape again in this one (trying to confirm that).  A few shops were in Polar’s IG story but none of them seemed to have the football one in stock
Uprise has them in stock I think. Looks like the Roman board is their football shape.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjLjxTdpemD/?igshid=Y2ZmNzg0YzQ=

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1958 on: October 01, 2022, 03:09:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Uprise has them in stock I think. Looks like the Roman board is their football shape.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjLjxTdpemD/?igshid=Y2ZmNzg0YzQ=

Exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

I think the initial picture I saw was two overlapping Dane 1’s in a pile of decks that gave the appearance of a Dane 1 football haha. Roman one looks sick

yakusoku

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1959 on: October 02, 2022, 08:12:32 AM »
After reading the whole thread my body is asking for a football or egg shaped board. I can't wait to skate one of those so I will ask for help. If you have free time, could you help me to decide what deck is the best one? I skated 8" popsicles from 1999 to 2009 and then stopped skating. This year I started again with wide boards. I use a 10" Powell Peralta Steve Saiz reissue and a 10" Santa Cruz Jeff Kendall End of the World reissue. I love those set ups. I want a side football deck for flip tricks, not less than 9" and not over 9.5". I made a list but the problem is I'm from Japan so I don't know if brands send decks with bad wood here or they are the same than USA. This is my (long) list of football/egg wishes.

Tired The Rounders Chuck 9.3" this is my favorite one but I've read here that Tired wood is bad. Is it true?
Black Label Jason Adams Suffer 9" I also love this one.
Black Label Black Widow 9.25" Same as above. Love it.
Black Label Jake Reuter snake and rat 9".
Black Label Snuff Cardiel 9.25"

The next on the list are the Antihero team:
Antihero Cardiel Mezcalero 9.18"
Antihero Gerwer Grimples at work 9.1"
Antihero Supreme Curbs. It's also cool but it's really expensive so don't recommend me this one please lol.
Antihero Huffer 9.18"
Antihero Cardiel Carbine 9.18"

Frog The Distraction 9.1" I really like this one but I don't know how is its wood.
Primitive Villani 9.1"
Crailtap Phawt 9.1"
Girl Kennedy Blooming 9.1"
Skatemental Curren Caples 9"
Uma Landsleds star head buddies 8.9"

Also I know all the Heroin Eggs commented here but I want to try something different so I didn't list them. I don't dislike the brand, in fact, someday I would buy the Heroin Dead Dave Video City because I like it a lot. I'm looking for a snappy, responsive deck with good wood and long pop. I'm very tall (190cm) so I don't care about long WB. I'm ok with 15". Which one do you recommend me? Thank you and sorry for the big message!

disclosed

« Reply #1960 on: October 02, 2022, 10:54:51 AM »
After reading the whole thread my body is asking for a football or egg shaped board. I can't wait to skate one of those so I will ask for help. If you have free time, could you help me to decide what deck is the best one? I skated 8" popsicles from 1999 to 2009 and then stopped skating. This year I started again with wide boards. I use a 10" Powell Peralta Steve Saiz reissue and a 10" Santa Cruz Jeff Kendall End of the World reissue. I love those set ups. I want a side football deck for flip tricks, not less than 9" and not over 9.5". I made a list but the problem is I'm from Japan so I don't know if brands send decks with bad wood here or they are the same than USA. This is my (long) list of football/egg wishes.

Tired The Rounders Chuck 9.3" this is my favorite one but I've read here that Tired wood is bad. Is it true?
Black Label Jason Adams Suffer 9" I also love this one.
Black Label Black Widow 9.25" Same as above. Love it.
Black Label Jake Reuter snake and rat 9".
Black Label Snuff Cardiel 9.25"

The next on the list are the Antihero team:
Antihero Cardiel Mezcalero 9.18"
Antihero Gerwer Grimples at work 9.1"
Antihero Supreme Curbs. It's also cool but it's really expensive so don't recommend me this one please lol.
Antihero Huffer 9.18"
Antihero Cardiel Carbine 9.18"

Frog The Distraction 9.1" I really like this one but I don't know how is its wood.
Primitive Villani 9.1"
Crailtap Phawt 9.1"
Girl Kennedy Blooming 9.1"
Skatemental Curren Caples 9"
Uma Landsleds star head buddies 8.9"

Also I know all the Heroin Eggs commented here but I want to try something different so I didn't list them. I don't dislike the brand, in fact, someday I would buy the Heroin Dead Dave Video City because I like it a lot. I'm looking for a snappy, responsive deck with good wood and long pop. I'm very tall (190cm) so I don't care about long WB. I'm ok with 15". Which one do you recommend me? Thank you and sorry for the big message!

i can atleast tell you the Black Label in Japan are straight from the US, i've been at the distro that imports them.
but in the end. i dont think you should worry too much. just get what you like. doubt you gonna feel the difrence in wood anyway.

Suangi

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1961 on: October 02, 2022, 11:39:46 AM »
Anyone got exact dimensions for the gerwer 8.75" grimple decks? Need to see if it will work with my indy 144s or would be too magic carpety

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1962 on: October 02, 2022, 07:36:32 PM »
Just received my heroin CK3 symmetrical and this thing is absurdly big. Like I’ve had all the previous curb killers but this one just seems bigger somehow

yakusoku

« Reply #1963 on: October 03, 2022, 12:54:46 AM »
i can atleast tell you the Black Label in Japan are straight from the US, i've been at the distro that imports them.
but in the end. i dont think you should worry too much. just get what you like. doubt you gonna feel the difrence in wood anyway.

Thank you! It's good to know because Black Label was one of my first choices.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1964 on: October 03, 2022, 04:17:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you! It's good to know because Black Label was one of my first choices.

Being a taller guy you might enjoy the longer wheelbases of the Cardiel (snuff & Huffer) decks.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #1965 on: October 03, 2022, 07:09:23 PM »

yakusoku

« Reply #1966 on: October 04, 2022, 07:27:29 AM »
Being a taller guy you might enjoy the longer wheelbases of the Cardiel (snuff & Huffer) decks.

Yes, decks with longer wheelbases are my priority but also I want a shape I like. If somebody knows how is the wood of Tired Skateboards let me know, please. I've not found any info online. Thank you!

klobynrenn

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1967 on: October 04, 2022, 08:18:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, decks with longer wheelbases are my priority but also I want a shape I like. If somebody knows how is the wood of Tired Skateboards let me know, please. I've not found any info online. Thank you!

Tired are BBS as far as I’m aware, I’m skating one of the 9.125 egg shaped decks at the moment (I think it’s the “Chuck” shape) and been really enjoying it. All of the shaped Tired decks I’ve seen have super mellow kicks/concave and most if not all have a 14”WB I believe (may be wrong but I think that’s the case), so maybe keep that in mind if you were thinking of grabbing one

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #1968 on: October 04, 2022, 08:20:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Tired are BBS as far as I’m aware, I’m skating one of the 9.125 egg shaped decks at the moment (I think it’s the “Chuck” shape) and been really enjoying it. All of the shaped Tired decks I’ve seen have super mellow kicks/concave and most if not all have a 14”WB I believe (may be wrong but I think that’s the case), so maybe keep that in mind if you were thinking of grabbing one

rad if true. if you have any info to back that BBS mfg info up, drop it in the woodshop thread b/c i think the tired info is wicked out of date.

klobynrenn

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1969 on: October 04, 2022, 08:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

rad if true. if you have any info to back that BBS mfg info up, drop it in the woodshop thread b/c i think the tired info is wicked out of date.

Just had a quick look at the Tired decks we’ve got in stock to compare to other BBS brands and the Tired decks have the exact same warning sticker as the FA decks we’ve got in (the FAs have the wee hologram sticker on em too so definitely BBS) as well as some other brands. The one I’m skating also had the circular puncture between the top bolts and defo feels like the other BBS decks I’ve skated recently so I’m fairly sure, will try to remember to post in the woodshop thread when I’m home tonight!

disclosed

« Reply #1970 on: October 04, 2022, 09:15:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Just had a quick look at the Tired decks we’ve got in stock to compare to other BBS brands and the Tired decks have the exact same warning sticker as the FA decks we’ve got in (the FAs have the wee hologram sticker on em too so definitely BBS) as well as some other brands. The one I’m skating also had the circular puncture between the top bolts and defo feels like the other BBS decks I’ve skated recently so I’m fairly sure, will try to remember to post in the woodshop thread when I’m home tonight!

my Tired deck (1989 shape) does not have any warning/holographic stickers on it, also no dimple. could that mean Euro and US are difrent woodshops? or did the recently make the swich to BBS. the one i got came out over a year ago.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1971 on: October 04, 2022, 10:11:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

my Tired deck (1989 shape) does not have any warning/holographic stickers on it, also no dimple. could that mean Euro and US are difrent woodshops? or did the recently make the swich to BBS. the one i got came out over a year ago.

judging by the thread probably something different??? i don't want to say that as fact though
Tired* 2021   ……….   ……….   Clutch
Tired*   ……….   ……….   PS Stix
Tired*   ……….   ……….   Dailan Huahong

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

very cool, ty

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1972 on: October 04, 2022, 10:20:04 AM »
The only Tired deck I’ve had was definitely Clutch, but that was late 2020/early 2021 when everyone was scrambling for production. Would love to try that chuck shape if it’s on bbs

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #1973 on: October 04, 2022, 10:30:50 AM »
Crosspost from the set up thread
Just set up two freshies

Anti Hero Cardiel Huffer 9.18”x32.62” 14.81” wb
Ace 55 classics
Spitfire f4 56mm classics
Bones big balls
Mob
Bronze 1” Allen

Girl Simon Bannerot Loveseat shape 9”x32” 13.875” wb
Film Trucks 6.0
Spitfire f4 54mm 97a conical fulls
Bones big balls
Shorty’s 1” Phillips
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #1974 on: October 04, 2022, 10:42:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Just set up two freshies

Ace 55 classics
Bones big balls
Mob
Bronze 1” Allen

Film Trucks 6.0
Bones big balls
Shorty’s 1” Phillips
[close]
these are fireee

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1975 on: October 04, 2022, 01:48:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Just set up two freshies

Ace 55 classics
Bones big balls
Mob
Bronze 1” Allen

Film Trucks 6.0
Bones big balls
Shorty’s 1” Phillips
[close]

can't believe you're gonna not give us a pant id

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #1976 on: October 04, 2022, 02:09:26 PM »

@iw0
Uni-first, hivis work pants. Pictured here with my airmaxs
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1977 on: October 04, 2022, 03:14:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
@iw0
Uni-first, hivis work pants. Pictured here with my airmaxs

damn that fit is goin real hard, respect and ty

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1978 on: October 05, 2022, 06:25:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

judging by the thread probably something different??? i don't want to say that as fact though
Tired* 2021   ……….   ……….   Clutch
Tired*   ……….   ……….   PS Stix
Tired*   ……….   ……….   Dailan Huahong

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

very cool, ty

Not sure how I didn't update the main list, as people had posted the new BBS Tired boards and talked about it before, maybe in the WBSWB Thread

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115328.810

Any which way, I have updated the main Woodshop listing now.

Thanks for the info you guys as well.

Every little bit helps keep things current.

Much appreciated!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1979 on: October 05, 2022, 06:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That one you have is older stock.

I think the BBS Tired boards came out maybe a month or so ago, definitely fairly new, like a few other brands that have changed in the last few months, including Skate Mental (Curren Caples egg shape) and GX1000 / Quasi who are going to be using both BBS and PS Stix for theirs, but not sure which for their egg shapes, just to keep it thread relevant.