Author Topic: Egg Shaped Boards  (Read 222770 times)

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
Re: Egg Shaped Boards
« Reply #2040 on: January 25, 2023, 08:48:12 PM »
Heroin has five new egg shapes hitting skate shops now.
Officially releasing on our site Feb 1st.

Symmetrical 8.75"
Symmetrical 9.0" Gold
Shellraiser 9.4"
Nail Gun Gary 9.75"
Curb Killer 4 10"

in the words of Johan van der Smut , better known as Goldmember.. I LOVE GOOOOOOOOLD

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2041 on: January 25, 2023, 08:50:13 PM »
No plans on having a a 15" WB, when most other brands make big boards they just scale up their existing shapes and they end up with a 9.0 popsicle that's 33" long with a 15" WB, I dig the functionality of the shorter WB's.
We only get to drop 10 boards a season, so it's hard to keep everyone happy and rotate enough into that to cater for everyone.

Every season we have a Mutant board, it's the Dead Dave Pro board, that's the shape that me and him worked on together. I'm working on a 9.5 or 9.8 version for Fall (July). That'll be a team board, just getting samples on that made up now.

Yeah, this is Fos, I own Heroin.

all hail the almighty great Fos !!!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #2042 on: January 27, 2023, 10:37:32 AM »

I copped one of those Fred Gall Metal Toxic Avenger boards in time for Halloween but forgot to post it!

9" wide, 14.25" wb, not sure on length.
spit og classics 55mm, rode down to about 50mm
thunder 151 team hollows
mixed bushings, mixed bearings, generic hardware
slab o' grip from Rampapalooza 11 up in St. Cloud Minnesota a couple weeks before, and torn up jessup
bonus thrashed pic (still skatin great)

Anyone know the tail length on Uncle Fred's egg?

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #2043 on: February 09, 2023, 07:35:04 AM »
While I am a full-fledged member of the Cult of the Huffer, I felt like it was my duty as a lover of early 90s football-shaped boards to try out a Heroin egg. I have to say I'm very happy I did. While it won't replace the Huffer as my daily driver, this 9.4 egg is super fun and comfortable to ride. I was mostly doing weirdo Lucero-style flatground and curb tricks like the one right at the beginning of his Label Kills part. Tequila! So make of that what you will.

Heroin Shellraiser Egg (9.4x31.9--9.0 over the trucks--14.4 wheelbase)
Indy 159s
Reds
Spitfire F4 Classics 52mm
Jessup grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2cPD1O8pQw

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2044 on: February 14, 2023, 11:02:05 PM »
Cromer Egg.. 8.25" x 31.82". 14.38"wb.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2045 on: February 15, 2023, 12:07:05 PM »
any good eggs right now that skate well with 5.6 Ventures?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #2046 on: February 18, 2023, 12:40:15 PM »
This Gonz graphic is my favorite. On an egg…

oliknight

« Reply #2047 on: February 18, 2023, 06:30:51 PM »
Really keen to try one of the various 8.25 eggs with some venture 5.2 lows!

Anyone done this? I’m not wondering if it would work, just want to see how sick it looks haha

So feel free to reply with pictures if you have tried this set up 👍

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2048 on: February 19, 2023, 08:32:24 AM »

Anyone done this? I’m not wondering if it would work, just want to see how sick it looks haha

with the taper, it should work..

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #2049 on: February 19, 2023, 08:37:00 AM »

A couple years ago someone was rocking them on an enjoi deedz egg and posted it here. It's in the setup thread somewhere but it is early and I can't remember how far back it was.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #2050 on: February 19, 2023, 09:40:27 AM »
That jovontae reissue would go pretty well with ventures

C.H.U.D.

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2051 on: February 19, 2023, 10:01:33 AM »

Set this one up a little while back with some snots. Pretty fun. Helping me bring back my 360 flips. Sort off   ;)

oliknight

« Reply #2052 on: February 19, 2023, 10:11:24 AM »
Thanks guys! Helpful replies! I’m really tempted by the Grimple 8.3
I basically want a wider board that I can still use my beloved lows on so that would probably be my best bet, does anyone know what the width is over the trucks on that deck ?

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #2053 on: February 19, 2023, 05:06:44 PM »
Thanks guys! Helpful replies! I’m really tempted by the Grimple 8.3
I basically want a wider board that I can still use my beloved lows on so that would probably be my best bet, does anyone know what the width is over the trucks on that deck ?

This is the same as the Cromer Lil' Snuff, yeah? 5.2 lows would be fine on it for sure.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 94
« Reply #2054 on: February 19, 2023, 06:39:40 PM »
If someone is trying to find some technical advantage of riding a shape that isn’t a popsicle maybe it’s just not for you.
For me riding a shaped board is a mix of boredom and being sentimental/nostalgic about skating back in the early 90’s.
Everyone’s experience is different but that’s just how it is for me.

Quoting an old post, but this made me wonder.  Never ridden a shaped board.  Do eggs functionally skate the same as a popsicle?  Or will it take a while to get used to it if I plan on skating how I normally would?  Not looking for a technical advantage, but want to try something different without throwing my skating off

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 256
« Reply #2055 on: February 19, 2023, 07:02:09 PM »
Expand Quote
If someone is trying to find some technical advantage of riding a shape that isn’t a popsicle maybe it’s just not for you.
For me riding a shaped board is a mix of boredom and being sentimental/nostalgic about skating back in the early 90’s.
[close]

Quoting an old post, but this made me wonder.  Never ridden a shaped board.  Do eggs functionally skate the same as a popsicle?  Or will it take a while to get used to it if I plan on skating how I normally would?  Not looking for a technical advantage, but want to try something different without throwing my skating off

I'd say they skate about as close to a popsicle as a shaped board will get. I mean, they're essentially popsicles with a beer belly. I also find that they skate closer to the width over the trucks than the width at the center. For example, my 9.4 egg is 9.0 at the front and back trucks. I feel like it skates like a 9" popsicle. Not dead on, mind you. But pretty damn close.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2056 on: February 19, 2023, 11:03:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

skate's the same..also for nostalgia and it just fun to skate..some like a smaller size egg board, some like bigger size egg board..

oliknight

« Reply #2057 on: February 23, 2023, 05:55:06 PM »

Cheers for the responses everyone, definitely works nicely!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #2058 on: February 23, 2023, 06:13:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

skate's the same..also for nostalgia and it just fun to skate..some like a smaller size egg board, some like bigger size egg board..

Eggs are far superior to pops once you dial in your preferred dimensions with the trucks you like to skate.

sans umbilical

• Rep: 24
« Reply #2059 on: March 10, 2023, 09:41:12 AM »
CROSSPOST FROM SETUP THREAD - I just bought the Gold Heroin Symmetrical Egg 9x31.8 a couple of weeks ago. I decided to grab the 8.75x32 from my local yesterday as a backup. I also swapped out my Venture 6.1 Regular Kaders for 6.1 V-Hollow with Bones medium bushings. I picked up the wheels a couple of weeks back from my local, Spitfire F4 Conical 97. I'm running Bones Swiss Ceramic and Ace hollow hardware.
Keep Shredding

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2060 on: March 10, 2023, 10:00:23 AM »
Cromer Egg.. 8.25" x 31.82". 14.38"wb.

Definitely getting like 5 of these

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2061 on: March 10, 2023, 11:16:13 AM »
Who are some pro's besides Franky Villani who skate this shape?
I believe Franky rides his with Thunder 151s and 54mm spitfires.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but I think this board shape is actually very practical and a little bit slept on. for me going to this shape felt really easy from always skating 8" boards, because it basically has the nose and tail of those size boards. you just get a ton more room in the middle to land on. also, since they typically have a tucked in wheelbase, and stumpier noses and tails (in relation to how wide the board is, you see 6.5"-6.75" tail / 7" nose, and 14.25 wb) it 360 flips a lot easier.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2062 on: March 11, 2023, 06:24:52 AM »
Who are some pro's besides Franky Villani who skate this shape?
I believe Franky rides his with Thunder 151s and 54mm spitfires.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but I think this board shape is actually very practical and a little bit slept on. for me going to this shape felt really easy from always skating 8" boards, because it basically has the nose and tail of those size boards. you just get a ton more room in the middle to land on. also, since they typically have a tucked in wheelbase, and stumpier noses and tails (in relation to how wide the board is, you see 6.5"-6.75" tail / 7" nose, and 14.25 wb) it 360 flips a lot easier.

curren caples. his egg board is 9" x 13.9"wb.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 06:44:25 AM by GBLange »

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2063 on: March 11, 2023, 09:57:42 AM »

Crosspost with the setup thread, I just set this chico stix 8.75 up. Looking forward to skating it today cuz it didn’t end up raining that bad in the bay yet. Also considering getting that new heroin 8.75, if anyone got it let me know how they like it and what trucks they’re riding on it.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2064 on: March 12, 2023, 08:51:45 AM »

nice setup
Crosspost with the setup thread, I just set this chico stix 8.75 up. Looking forward to skating it today cuz it didn’t end up raining that bad in the bay yet. Also considering getting that new heroin 8.75, if anyone got it let me know how they like it and what trucks they’re riding on it.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2065 on: March 22, 2023, 11:27:07 AM »
Excuse me if this has been discussed pages prior but has anyone skated the "90's shape" by blankcheck?

https://blankchecksupply.com/products/90s-shape-blank-skateboard-deck-8-75

contemplating but the fact that they're clutch and the tail lookin rather small is making me reconsider

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #2066 on: March 22, 2023, 02:53:29 PM »
All Im going to say is I’m loving this Theories nucleus shape. Perfect for messing around on out front while the bbq fires up.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2067 on: March 23, 2023, 01:21:45 AM »
Excuse me if this has been discussed pages prior but has anyone skated the "90's shape" by blankcheck?

https://blankchecksupply.com/products/90s-shape-blank-skateboard-deck-8-75

contemplating but the fact that they're clutch and the tail lookin rather small is making me reconsider

shape looks good..kinda like AH black widow

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2068 on: March 24, 2023, 07:28:37 AM »
this Habitat Janoski egg looks fun (also available with a cork top). Long and skinny for an egg. 

8.5 X 32.5 WB 14.75

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #2069 on: March 24, 2023, 08:04:18 AM »
This one caught my eye too.  I like that the kicks look a bit more blunt than the average egg. 
The 14.75wb also seems to be a departure from the norm.

Get hungry on it!