Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 371249 times)

Bagelskate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #630 on: January 07, 2019, 03:21:51 PM »
Cool your jets Tyshawn or you're next. Clint too but I don't think he can knock someone out.

Lol did you see Clint try hitting raven with his board. Looked like Tim Tebow trying to throw a football. Upper body strength of a t rex

ZEBRA

« Reply #631 on: January 07, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »
I’m confused.... so the HD footage was shown in court, right? But it did not prove his innocence since he’s still in jail.

So, they’re saying it wasn’t self defense then?

I wanna see this footage.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #632 on: January 07, 2019, 04:34:20 PM »
This thread has restored my faith in humanity just kidding.

thebaggy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #633 on: January 07, 2019, 04:44:11 PM »
I’m confused.... so the HD footage was shown in court, right? But it did not prove his innocence since he’s still in jail.

So, they’re saying it wasn’t self defense then?

I wanna see this footage.

Dont be confused because it absolutely isnt self defense.
Rotate your wheels regularly.

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #634 on: January 07, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
seeing the GX raw footage would tell us:

-what led up to the incident
-what words were exchanged
-who all was there and which ones were the actual assaulters
-whether he was hit with a fist or a skateboard
-whether he hit his head on the ground
-the immediate aftermath

Black Rock has been skated for 25+ years(especially the last few) and it said he has been a security guard there for 10 years -- surely he was a known entity

ArtVandelay

« Reply #635 on: January 07, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »
gx1000 is poosay for disabling comments

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #636 on: January 07, 2019, 05:16:04 PM »
I think the extra angle will just ruin this situation more for Jesse. If you've seen the news videos, you should know by now the court, news, and family/friends of Dan are against him and the dudes with him. They don't care who did what first, cause it was on the business property. They're just going to be more devastated seeing a closer HD angle of the guy getting knocked out. We'll see how things go when another news article gets out though
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:18:19 PM by Trickflip »

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #637 on: January 07, 2019, 05:32:16 PM »
Hey everyone, I've missed about 10 pages of this because I've been out of town. I've been critical of those immediately pointing the finger at the skaters from the start simply because I hadn't seen any evidence proving this.

I have gotten shit for this and a few days ago I saw security video footage that showed the guard making the first attack. But today I saw the security footage uncut:

https://twitter.com/nbcjeanelle/status/1081003009847418882

The clip shows the guard taking a skater's board and the skater lunging at him (which I assume was to reach to grab his board back), but it turns out looking more like the first act of a physical attack on another human.

My outlook on this has changed unless I see other video evidence showing the guard making the first attempt at a physical attack on someone else.

Thanks to those of you on here who responded to my views with insight instead of hate or claiming I had some motive for how I was seeing things. I just want to see the evidence before making a decision, which I think is pretty logical.

If it hasn't already been shared in here, this article by Jenkem should be re read by us often:

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/12/19/the-skateboarders-guide-to-getting-arrested/

I feel bad for everyone involved in this. I think we can all collectively agree we don't go out skateboarding with the intention of it creating violence.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:37:04 PM by tkp »

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #638 on: January 07, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
The uncut footage is even worse.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:46:40 PM by Shifty Flip »

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #639 on: January 07, 2019, 05:49:40 PM »
The uncut footage is even worse.
Was that supposed to be in the Westgate thread?

charade

• Rep: 1
« Reply #640 on: January 07, 2019, 06:31:12 PM »
I think the extra angle will just ruin this situation more for Jesse. If you've seen the news videos, you should know by now the court, news, and family/friends of Dan are against him and the dudes with him. They don't care who did what first, cause it was on the business property. They're just going to be more devastated seeing a closer HD angle of the guy getting knocked out. We'll see how things go when another news article gets out though

Had been thinking about that last night. The current footage is so distant that it's like we're all taking-apart a clip of the JFK assassination.

If the filmer's clip shows anything less than Jansen acting like a total lunatic it's going to be very painful for the family and won't help the accused. I was curious why the defense lawyer seemed so jovial about it.

Obviously this thread will be massive leading up to the trial but any minute dissection on our part will be pointless. This incident will be looked at very dispassionately by the authorities. Any kind of 'I dunno, it looked like he grabbed a board there' is just like...vapor to the law. It's nothing.

As someone touched on earlier, I don't think it's going to be the referendum on skateboarding in SF some think it will. There hopefully will be some interesting dialogue in the community but to the media and the average person the skateboarding angle won't be a big deal. It could basically be used as shorthand for 'young punks' if you know what I mean.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #641 on: January 07, 2019, 06:43:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had been thinking about that last night. The current footage is so distant that it's like we're all taking-apart a clip of the JFK assassination.

If the filmer's clip shows anything less than Jansen acting like a total lunatic it's going to be very painful for the family and won't help the accused. I was curious why the defense lawyer seemed so jovial about it.

Obviously this thread will be massive leading up to the trial but any minute dissection on our part will be pointless. This incident will be looked at very dispassionately by the authorities. Any kind of 'I dunno, it looked like he grabbed a board there' is just like...vapor to the law. It's nothing.

As someone touched on earlier, I don't think it's going to be the referendum on skateboarding in SF some think it will. There hopefully will be some interesting dialogue in the community but to the media and the average person the skateboarding angle won't be a big deal. It could basically be used as shorthand for 'young punks' if you know what I mean.
I don't think the defense is actually the security guard started attacking them. My reading of it was, that the defense lawyer was claiming it was another skater who hit the security guard first, then in a state of confusion or unawareness, the security guard attacked Jesse, and Jesse defended himself. This results in the traumatic brain injury. I don't really think it will fly that well though, they had ample time to leave to avoid being in the situation. This seems to get built up considering he was already putting barricades up, and they were getting moved. So, you gotta think there is 10 to 15 minutes building to the clip we saw.

Given Jesse had ample time to leave, and then originally denied even being there to cops (atleast according to the Judge), I can't see this going too well for him.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #642 on: January 07, 2019, 06:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don't think the defense is actually the security guard started attacking them. My reading of it was, that the defense lawyer was claiming it was another skater who hit the security guard first, then in a state of confusion or unawareness, the security guard attacked Jesse, and Jesse defended himself. This results in the traumatic brain injury. I don't really think it will fly that well though, they had ample time to leave to avoid being in the situation. This seems to get built up considering he was already putting barricades up, and they were getting moved. So, you gotta think there is 10 to 15 minutes building to the clip we saw.

Given Jesse had ample time to leave, and then originally denied even being there to cops (atleast according to the Judge), I can't see this going too well for him.

yeah i think the video is being used to snitch on one of the others. interesting play

i feel so bad for the security guards family.

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #643 on: January 07, 2019, 07:00:56 PM »
I appreciate you acknowledging further evidence and shifting your position. I hope that more people do the same.

Hey everyone, I've missed about 10 pages of this because I've been out of town. I've been critical of those immediately pointing the finger at the skaters from the start simply because I hadn't seen any evidence proving this.

I have gotten shit for this and a few days ago I saw security video footage that showed the guard making the first attack. But today I saw the security footage uncut:

https://twitter.com/nbcjeanelle/status/1081003009847418882

The clip shows the guard taking a skater's board and the skater lunging at him (which I assume was to reach to grab his board back), but it turns out looking more like the first act of a physical attack on another human.

My outlook on this has changed unless I see other video evidence showing the guard making the first attempt at a physical attack on someone else.

Thanks to those of you on here who responded to my views with insight instead of hate or claiming I had some motive for how I was seeing things. I just want to see the evidence before making a decision, which I think is pretty logical.

If it hasn't already been shared in here, this article by Jenkem should be re read by us often:

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/12/19/the-skateboarders-guide-to-getting-arrested/

I feel bad for everyone involved in this. I think we can all collectively agree we don't go out skateboarding with the intention of it creating violence.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #644 on: January 07, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »
The uncut video kinda gives you a better perspective of the whole thing:

I'm assuming Jesse is the one in the black hoodie with the white tee sticking out. He came after the fact. There was somebody else that initially pushed him to the ground. The first person was a goofy skater (Might have been Delatorre) that got his board taken away first. As he was trying to take his board back it looked like he either pushed him to the ground or Dan might have fell from letting go of the board. Then Jesse came out of nowhere to punch him as he was getting up but kinda looked like he missed. Dan then came right at him to grab him and Jesse's first reaction is to swing his board toward his head. Dan still has a hold on Jesse and Jesse then either shoves or punches himself off of him. That's when he falls then hits his head on the floor and is out cold. I wish i could see the rest, according to somebody here they mentioned that someone stayed behind to call for help. If that's the case id like to see that unless all they did was run away.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #645 on: January 07, 2019, 07:31:35 PM »
I dont see anything in that video other than some skaters instigating some shit, jesse punching the security guard on the ground, the guy drop cold, and dudes fleeing...looks pretty incriminating
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

charade

• Rep: 1
« Reply #646 on: January 07, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »

I'm assuming Jesse is the one in the black hoodie with the white tee sticking out. He came after the fact. There was somebody else that initially pushed him to the ground. The first person was a goofy skater (Might have been Delatorre) that got his board taken away first. As he was trying to take his board back it looked like he either pushed him to the ground or Dan might have fell from letting go of the board. Then Jesse came out of nowhere to punch him as he was getting up but kinda looked like he missed.

The court will so DGAF about Jansen grabbing anyone's board that it will make the typical skaters head spin.

They will SO NOT CARE.

(That not a dig at you in case it looked like it. I know you're just trying to give a blow-by-blow)

But yeah, any kid who thinks it's fair-game if a guard grabs your bag or board is going to get a freezing cold bucket of ice-water dumped on their head when all is said and done (possibly).

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #647 on: January 07, 2019, 07:53:22 PM »
Expand Quote
DGKalis, is Damon Way still paralyzed? It is crazy how fragile we can be while Jaws and Heath show how tough we can be. These are all horrible stories but I try not to judge too hard. Most everyone has been in a fight here or there and you don't expect them to end this badly. I think a Pal or 2 might have some experiences like this. Hope the Pals are not on Jesse V's jury.
[close]

Yeah. He's been for years. Ever since I've known him.. and thats been 20+ years.

Don't want to derail, but are you mixing up who you are thinking of?  He can still skate, use a computer etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPGtr8p63oU

CraneStyle

• Rep: 3
« Reply #648 on: January 07, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »
My take on the uncut video, not looking good though...

THIS VIDEO IS PURE SPECULATION AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS FACT

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=lYzA_1546919390

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #649 on: January 07, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
Sucks somebody got hurt like that over skateboarding. Seems like kids like these only step up to people who they see as weak or when they're in big groups.
Case in point Alex Olson. I can't remember what video, but he goes crazy on an older, nerdy looking man. Screams at him and throws his shit to the ground. But on his Nine Club he talks about that cholo tweaker looking guy and how he was screaming at them over an alarm or some shit. He didn't do shit about that guy though. He also said the cholo told him to shut the fuck up and he obliged like a bitch.

Also the irony of Kelch comment in Mckenzie's IG post. Not that I don't believe this dudes should get time, they should, they fucked up. But Kelch used to rob kids and fuck up people all the time.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 09:18:10 PM by Fifty8mm »

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #650 on: January 07, 2019, 08:01:54 PM »

-the immediate aftermath

Black Rock has been skated for 25+ years(especially the last few) and it said he has been a security guard there for 10 years -- surely he was a known entity

That raw footage is deleted and the hard drive thrown in the ocean. You think he's holding that with how serious this is?

thebaggy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #651 on: January 07, 2019, 08:15:26 PM »

I have gotten shit for this and a few days ago I saw security video footage that showed the guard making the first attack

I feel the need to clarify what I see as a common misunderstanding. The security role is to guard ( defend ) the property with which your assigned to. If, in doing so, a person (or group of people) physically prevent you from doing so ( moving your barriers ) in an aggressive manner you are legally justified to reflect that level of aggression via the use of force continuum. If you are alone and are working against an assumed group of 7 ( because they were all working in unison as skateboarders ) you are typically justified in making the first "attack" because it's being done defensively by virtue of your role and the circumstances, in this case.
Rotate your wheels regularly.

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #652 on: January 07, 2019, 08:31:54 PM »
Expand Quote

-the immediate aftermath

[close]

That raw footage is deleted and the hard drive thrown in the ocean. You think he's holding that with how serious this is?

his defense attorney has referenced it multiple times claiming it exonerates him and intends to submit it as evidence

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #653 on: January 07, 2019, 08:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote

-the immediate aftermath

[close]

I'm pretty sure the defence lawyer has it. And, if he did as you said, he'll probably catch an obstruction charge.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #654 on: January 07, 2019, 09:23:40 PM »

I'm assuming Jesse is the one in the black hoodie with the white tee sticking out. He came after the fact. There was somebody else that initially pushed him to the ground. The first person was a goofy skater (Might have been Delatorre) that got his board taken away first. As he was trying to take his board back it looked like he either pushed him to the ground or Dan might have fell from letting go of the board. Then Jesse came out of nowhere to punch him as he was getting up but kinda looked like he missed. Dan then came right at him to grab him and Jesse's first reaction is to swing his board toward his head. Dan still has a hold on Jesse and Jesse then either shoves or punches himself off of him. That's when he falls then hits his head on the floor and is out cold. I wish i could see the rest, according to somebody here they mentioned that someone stayed behind to call for help. If that's the case id like to see that unless all they did was run away.

Pretty sure the board cracks the security guy in the head. Looks like an unfortunate sequence of events either way in the heat of the moment. Jesse (who assume swung the board) will have plenty of time to think about his actions.

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2019, 11:09:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty sure the board cracks the security guy in the head. Looks like an unfortunate sequence of events either way in the heat of the moment. Jesse (who assume swung the board) will have plenty of time to think about his actions.

He'll have plenty of time to think about it while he's getting piped down by the snuggle bandits in county

Kill_Yourself_Now

« Reply #656 on: January 08, 2019, 12:05:15 AM »
Expand Quote

I have gotten shit for this and a few days ago I saw security video footage that showed the guard making the first attack

[close]

I feel the need to clarify what I see as a common misunderstanding. The security role is to guard ( defend ) the property with which your assigned to. If, in doing so, a person (or group of people) physically prevent you from doing so ( moving your barriers ) in an aggressive manner you are legally justified to reflect that level of aggression via the use of force continuum. If you are alone and are working against an assumed group of 7 ( because they were all working in unison as skateboarders ) you are typically justified in making the first "attack" because it's being done defensively by virtue of your role and the circumstances, in this case.

Stop being so brutally honest about this, you’re gonna hurt someone’s feelings with those kind of hard truths.  No jury is going to side with the skaters over this, anyone whose head isn’t in the sand knows how things will go now.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #657 on: January 08, 2019, 05:48:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

-the immediate aftermath

[close]

[close]

his defense attorney has referenced it multiple times claiming it exonerates him and intends to submit it as evidence

Not GX footage but someones cellphone

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #658 on: January 08, 2019, 07:02:50 AM »

Nice to see you changing your stance on it with further evidence, but please don't pretend like you didn't come on here playing the what-if game when you assumed how the guard approached the skateboarders. You attempted to show the guard as the aggressor with the "if he had worked there for 10 years dealing with skateboarders, do you really think he would've been calm and cool" bullshit. You absolutely had a motive.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #659 on: January 08, 2019, 07:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Absent the security officer’s lawful determination that a citizen arrest is warranted for an observation of a felony or breach of the peace in his or her presence, no physical action is authorized.

if the security guard made first physical contact then their lawyer could argue self defense but apparently the unedited video shows skaters pushing him first to get their board.

verbal non-compliance only warrants soft touch(garner vs Tennessee) I had thought he told them to leave, they wouldn’t, they moved barriers and he made first physical contact.

Haven’t watched the un edited video and don’t want to it’s the court decision. If they pushed him and ran at him then he def was in the clear to use force....