Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376221 times)

wake and bacon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1020 on: January 30, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »
did you really not see the Brian Delatorre post a page back?
:) I must have been tripping last night

History Buff

• Rep: 3
  • Skateboard Shuffle
« Reply #1021 on: January 30, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, but there's now a Jesse Vieira GoFundMe, incase you'd rather donate to him than the security guard missing half his head

https://www.gofundme.com/jessevieiralegalfees

page is deleted

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 01:55:15 PM by History Buff »

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1022 on: January 30, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »
Well, seems we have a new top dog for worst skate related go-fund-me. Most of them are comical and fun to laugh at. I do get his need and desperation for a good lawyer, I just can't believe anyone who isn't his friend (who he could probably reach out to in a less public sphere) would donate to this.

This one will never be topped. I almost killed a guy gimme 50 g's

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1023 on: January 30, 2019, 02:28:53 PM »

Did he disable comments on that? Softie.

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1024 on: January 30, 2019, 02:30:07 PM »
this is just the worst fucking shit. i can't get the image of that dented head out of my mind.

fuck GX a million times over for this bullshit. pretending like you own a city because you can ride your skateboard well is what these idiots are all about. and it's fucking embarrassing and makes me ashamed to skate. same goes for thrasher and supreme and any other big dick hyper macho crew that fucks with security and pedestrians because they're such cool guy badasses.

fuck them and their idea of skateboarding. i'd rather have 100 scooter kids and their moms overrun my local than 10 of these fuck bois.
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #1025 on: January 30, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »
anyone cop screen shots of the gofundme? my friend told me it said he was a "kind and humble guy" in the description

Gary Coleman

« Reply #1026 on: January 30, 2019, 03:08:46 PM »
What a fucking shame that this happened all together, but also that this gofundme was launched. There simply needs to be a human filtering system on that website to clean up this bullshit. I mean it’s one thing to seek assistance if you’re vehemently refuting your charges but when the description of your fundraiser basically amounts to “yeah he ruined someone’s life but he’s a good dude in the opinion of his friends”.. that shit should be shut down. Understanding people can solicit money for anything, you’d just think gofundme would be more careful with what people are using their platform for

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #1027 on: January 30, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »
anyone cop screen shots of the gofundme? my friend told me it said he was a "kind and humble guy" in the description

For what that's worth, IIRC it specifically said something about Jesse being "involved in an unfortunate incident", [not verbatim] of which of course he might not have been the only victim but yeah, he's totally a rad dude etc.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:28:56 PM by silhouette »

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #1028 on: January 30, 2019, 03:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For what that's worth, IIRC it specifically said something about Jesse being "involved in an unfortunate accident", [not verbatim] of which of course he might not have been the only victim but yeah, he's totally a rad dude etc.

i know its just semantics but i think they used the term incident and not accident

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1029 on: January 30, 2019, 03:29:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

For what that's worth, IIRC it specifically said something about Jesse being "involved in an unfortunate accident", [not verbatim] of which of course he might not have been the only victim but yeah, he's totally a rad dude etc.
[close]

i know its just semantics but i think they used the term incident and not accident

Incident it was, thanks, had copy-pasted that bit in a former post too, just edited the one above

Pretender

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1030 on: January 30, 2019, 03:42:54 PM »
Jesse made a terrible mistake but this situation seems more like a horrible accident rather then the attempted murder many of you are making it out to seem. I don't think there was any intent from the gx crew to put this guy in a coma or even physically harm him for that matter. And I honestly doubt the guard was fearing for his life during the altercation as I'm sure he's been in that exact situation many times before. Either way, absolutely horrible situation all around and I hope he'll regain some function and be able to continue living life.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #1031 on: January 30, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »
Jesse made a terrible mistake but this situation seems more like a horrible accident rather then the attempted murder many of you are making it out to seem. I don't think there was any intent from the gx crew to put this guy in a coma or even physically harm him for that matter. And I honestly doubt the guard was fearing for his life during the altercation as I'm sure he's been in that exact situation many times before. Either way, absolutely horrible situation all around and I hope he'll regain some function and be able to continue living life.

lmao what the fuck

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1032 on: January 30, 2019, 03:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lmao what the fuck

Little did we know Dan was actually born with four brains

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1033 on: January 30, 2019, 03:55:56 PM »
Did you know that if you, say, attack somebody and punch them in the face or hit them with a weapon and they fall down and die, you can get into trouble even if you didn't hit them with the explicit intent to kill them?
Oh, unfair world!

Pretender

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1034 on: January 30, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lmao what the fuck

Bad wording on my part. I was more referring to the situation of dealing with a group of skaters rather than the actual assault. That's a pretty popular spot so I assumed he had interacted with skaters before but I don't know

Did you know that if you, say, attack somebody and punch them in the face or hit them with a weapon and they fall down and die, you can get into trouble even if you didn't hit them with the explicit intent to kill them?
Oh, unfair world!

I never said Jesse should not be held responsible, his actions ruined a mans life and he should go to jail. But the lack of explicit of intent does impact how I perceive him as a person. He's a guy who made a terrible mistake and will have to live with it for the rest of his life, but I don't think he's irredeemable. I feel sympathy for him the same way I do for Cory Kennedy, and I don't think that's unreasonable but I understand why people would feel the other way.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #1035 on: January 30, 2019, 05:01:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

lmao what the fuck
[close]

Bad wording on my part. I was more referring to the situation of dealing with a group of skaters rather than the actual assault. That's a pretty popular spot so I assumed he had interacted with skaters before but I don't know

Expand Quote
Oh, unfair world!
[close]

I never said Jesse should not be held responsible, his actions ruined a mans life and he should go to jail. But the lack of explicit of intent does impact how I perceive him as a person. He's a guy who made a terrible mistake and will have to live with it for the rest of his life, but I don't think he's irredeemable. I feel sympathy for him the same way I do for Cory Kennedy, and I don't think that's unreasonable but I understand why people would feel the other way.

Quite logical in my opinion. This thread has turned into an echo chamber, anything or anyone who says anything contrary to the narrative of “Jesse and gx are pieces of shit and should rot for making a poor guy almost dead” are instantly bombarded with replies about how they should be ashamed for thinking anything to the contrary of the narrative. 

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1036 on: January 30, 2019, 05:24:26 PM »
Expand Quote
did you really not see the Brian Delatorre post a page back?
[close]
I guess I'm just not enough of a fan to have read it - I saw "insta-detox" and figured that was the end of it. Doesn't exactly look like the lap of luxury, but I'm sure it's better than a cell.

No one is suggesting he is living a life of luxury, just that it’s shady as fuck to leave the country after your picture shows up on a suspects wanted flyer.

Weighed Diss Arm Hoe

« Reply #1037 on: January 30, 2019, 05:29:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

lmao what the fuck
[close]

Expand Quote
Oh, unfair world!
[close]

[close]

Quite logical in my opinion. This thread has turned into an echo chamber, anything or anyone who says anything contrary to the narrative of “Jesse and gx are pieces of shit and should rot for making a poor guy almost dead” are instantly bombarded with replies about how they should be ashamed for thinking anything to the contrary of the narrative.
Exactly . Bunch a plebs on keyboards .

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1038 on: January 30, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

it wasn’t disabled at first. Someone must have ruffled his feathers, I figured a graffiti dude would enjoy the controversy he’d stir up with that, but alas soft.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1039 on: January 30, 2019, 05:42:21 PM »
There is a difference between supporting jesse and suggesting he did nothing wrong or that it’s somehow the security guards fault for not being able to take a punch. People are only going after the defenders saying ridiculous things.

Outside of being written in poor taste I dont have a problem with him having a gofundme for legal fees. Regardless of what ultimately happened that day everyone deserves a good defense and that shit don’t come cheap. Dan and his family are fucked up forever and I hope the guys that did it are held responsible but it doesn’t mean any of the defendants should be railroaded simply because they can’t afford a good legal team.

What a shitty country we live in.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #1040 on: January 30, 2019, 05:44:17 PM »
Description from the GoFundMe...

Jesse has been involved in an unfortunate incident and while the situation is horrible for more than just himself, those of us who love and care about Jesse are here to do we can to provide that Jesse is cared for. We ask for assistance in the cost of legal fees. We feel it is important that Jesse has proper legal representation as he proceeds through the trial phase of his case. Jesse is currently being represented by Douglas Rappaport, a top criminal defense lawyer, and we hope to ensure that Jesse continues to be represented by him, but we need your help. Jesse is a kind, humble, gentle, passionate man. He has a huge heart and cares so much about his friends and family. This is a horrible time for so many but we ask that everyone come together and show support for Jesse as he moves through this difficult time. Anything and everything is appreciated. We hope that truth and justice will prevail.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #1041 on: January 30, 2019, 05:48:55 PM »
Oh, unfair world!
Like things involving bricks maybe?

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1042 on: January 30, 2019, 05:53:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

it wasn’t disabled at first. Someone must have ruffled his feathers, I figured a graffiti dude would enjoy the controversy he’d stir up with that, but alas soft.

Yeah, guess he wasn't down for people to comment. He's a legit graffiti writer though. He's also involved with everyones favorite brand, Pizza Skateboards.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1043 on: January 30, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »
^oh don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of his stuff, and vts stuff. He’s done some cool shit for lurkhard. I just saw that post earlier and figured some people here might wanna chime in over there.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #1044 on: January 30, 2019, 06:12:14 PM »
i dont think its that weird that delatorre went to turkey. seems like hes on a regular skate trip, not trying to flee the country to escape a crime. he may have even spoken to the cops already, who knows

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1045 on: January 30, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, guess he wasn't down for people to comment. He's a legit graffiti writer though. He's also involved with everyones favorite brand, Pizza Skateboards.

I saw before he disabled them. He was arguing with people and telling them to fuck off back to message boards.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1046 on: January 30, 2019, 06:28:52 PM »
What is Jesse's defense?

Did we ever see the video footage that is supposed to exonerate him?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Gary Coleman

« Reply #1047 on: January 30, 2019, 06:42:13 PM »
There is a difference between supporting jesse and suggesting he did nothing wrong or that it’s somehow the security guards fault for not being able to take a punch. People are only going after the defenders saying ridiculous things.

Outside of being written in poor taste I dont have a problem with him having a gofundme for legal fees. Regardless of what ultimately happened that day everyone deserves a good defense and that shit don’t come cheap. Dan and his family are fucked up forever and I hope the guys that did it are held responsible but it doesn’t mean any of the defendants should be railroaded simply because they can’t afford a good legal team.

Railroaded implies that he could get a raw deal due to a incompetent defense.  If indeed he’s guilty of what looks to be a completely unjustified and brutal assault, it’s a pretty crazy assertion that he could be railroaded by the justice system. In that case, he’s pretty deserving of the jail time he’d likely get.

Only way to get railroaded on trial where some guy essentially lost his life, is if the prosecution plays dirty, which it doesn’t look like they’re going to have to here considering there’s conclusive evidence of a brutal assault.

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #1048 on: January 30, 2019, 06:46:48 PM »
i dont think its that weird that delatorre went to turkey. seems like hes on a regular skate trip, not trying to flee the country to escape a crime. he may have even spoken to the cops already, who knows

Not defending Dela or anything either but he also had an art show or something in Japan a couple weeks ago

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1049 on: January 30, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Railroaded implies that he could get a raw deal due to a incompetent defense.  If indeed he’s guilty of what looks to be a completely unjustified and brutal assault, it’s a pretty crazy assertion that he could be railroaded by the justice system. In that case, he’s pretty deserving of the jail time he’d likely get.

Only way to get railroaded on trial where some guy essentially lost his life, is if the prosecution plays dirty, which it doesn’t look like they’re going to have to here considering there’s conclusive evidence of a brutal assault.

Railroading is the extreme and I shouldn’t have said that but my point still stands that getting the best representation isn’t cheap and it sucks when someone could end up doing more time simply because they couldn’t afford better council.

By no means do I think these guys should get off with little consequence and there is a huge middle ground between getting off lightly and going to prison for a super long time.