Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376291 times)

Get the strap

Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1320 on: April 15, 2019, 01:31:54 PM »
Can't the judge dismiss evidence in a trial for no reason? I agree the news clip with the lawyer saying the other footage exonerates him could be bullshit for the press, but who knows...just have to wait and see...

I did hear recently that this incident was the first time someone from the gx1000 crew got caught fighting people kicking them out of a spot. I heard individuals from the crew has gotten away with this before.

BacksideWallride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1321 on: April 15, 2019, 02:33:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you guys really fucking think that just because people not involved with in any goddamn capacity with the case haven’t seen any other footage/evidence means that there isn’t any other footage/evidence?

come fucking on. use your gildan thrasher hoodie adled brains. just because fucking slap magazine isn’t privy to evidence doesn’t mean it doesn’t fucking exist.
[close]

Jesse's lawyer has already said that one of the filmers has HD footage of the incident that was suppossed to exonerate his client. I guess they are sitting on it in preparation for the trial.
[close]

Thats bs. Would you sit in jail any longer if you had something that could get you out instantly? If he really had somnething to get him off, he would have presentred it already. Now his lawyer is most likely working on a way to spin this the best way.
[close]

my understanding here is the defense did present this alternate footage to get the charges dropped and it wasn't enough. this was at an early court appearance. it has not been revealed what the source of the footage is.

hope somebody is in court today to report back. shalom.

Yeah they shot down that "exonerating" video immediately. I'm not going through 47 pages but at some point someone posted that multiple GX dudes posted the fight to IG stories...

breakingthewaves

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1322 on: April 15, 2019, 04:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Do you guys really fucking think that just because people not involved with in any goddamn capacity with the case haven’t seen any other footage/evidence means that there isn’t any other footage/evidence?

come fucking on. use your gildan thrasher hoodie adled brains. just because fucking slap magazine isn’t privy to evidence doesn’t mean it doesn’t fucking exist.
[close]

Jesse's lawyer has already said that one of the filmers has HD footage of the incident that was suppossed to exonerate his client. I guess they are sitting on it in preparation for the trial.
[close]

Thats bs. Would you sit in jail any longer if you had something that could get you out instantly? If he really had somnething to get him off, he would have presentred it already. Now his lawyer is most likely working on a way to spin this the best way.
[close]

my understanding here is the defense did present this alternate footage to get the charges dropped and it wasn't enough. this was at an early court appearance. it has not been revealed what the source of the footage is.

hope somebody is in court today to report back. shalom.
[close]

Considering the crew Jesse has been known to skate with in the past and was [allegedly] rolling with that day, I think we'd all be shocked if the [alleged] footage wasn't filmed by Gershall and by someone else. That said, they [Jesse / Lawyers] could be bluffing and saying that there's evidence to prove him innocent when there isn't. After all, OJ's still looking for the real killers, right?

All I was trying to say on the last page is that just because we haven't seen the video doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
How often do you get to see all of the evidence in a trial before the trial happens?

That said, even if it exists, I don't know how much it will do. Ever try and watch back a clip where you slammed only to find out that from where the clip was filmed, you can't even see you rolling your ankle or hitting your head or what-the-fuck-ever? Imagine that clip but there's a full on fight between multiple people going on - no matter how good of a filmer you may be, you're not expecting that to happen... that and dude was probably filming fish, who knows if someone walked in front of the camera during the only portion that matters.

Either way - going to trial is definitely a bad idea. The state almost always plays dirty.

no question that the video exists and has been seen by the judge and also the media. but your points about the veracity of the footage are definitely valid.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Skateboard-Attack-Leaves-San-Francisco-Security-Guard-With-Brain-Damage-503888341.html

next court date is tomorrow morning at 9am, indicating this is indeed in the trial phase.
You and your fucking radio

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1323 on: April 15, 2019, 05:22:16 PM »
as for possible outcomes now, and this is total speculation, i can see a few things happening.

vieira may have the opportunity to change his plea to guilty if things aren't going great for the prosecution and a deal is negotiated. this would result in a deal with reduced sentence, probably coupled with not having to serve the full sentence that gets imposed. he can also change his plea at any time and hope for the best. if it goes to see a guilty verdict, the DA will push for the strongest sentence.

he may be found guilty on none, one, two, or all three charges. i'm not sure what the law is surrounding this, but the option may present to serve the sentences concurrently or consecutively. he would only serve the max 12 years if he was found guilty of all three charges, receives the max sentence for all of them, and they are set to be served consecutively (one after the other). that would be the worst case scenario for him if my understanding of the charges is correct. if he has any prior criminality it will come into play. so will his initial denial of involvement if he gave a mirandized statement.

we do not know if he's elected judge or jury. in the case of a hung jury, the case would need to be tried again. if found innocent, he would not be able to be retried unless there was new evidence. i don't see this as the type of case where new evidence will come to light down the road.

from the video footage we've seen, i think one unidentified guy knocks him down the first time. the rest of the blows look to have come from vieira (i am thinking he is the guy with the white shirt showing under his sweater). kind of looks like a two way fight at first, and perhaps that is why the first guy wasn't charged.

i've seen a few comments questioning the usefulness of discussing and speculating on cases like this. but i think it's important for the system to be transparent, and healthy for society to discuss and debate the mechanics of the justice system. this is a sad situation for everybody, but still an interesting case.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:12:38 PM by breakingthewaves »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #1324 on: April 16, 2019, 02:14:41 AM »
as for possible outcomes now, and this is total speculation, i can see a few things happening.

vieira may have the opportunity to change his plea to guilty if things aren't going great for the prosecution and a deal is negotiated. this would result in a deal with reduced sentence, probably coupled with not having to serve the full sentence that gets imposed. he can also change his plea at any time and hope for the best. if it goes to see a guilty verdict, the DA will push for the strongest sentence.

he may be found guilty on none, one, two, or all three charges. i'm not sure what the law is surrounding this, but the option may present to serve the sentences concurrently or consecutively. he would only serve the max 12 years if he was found guilty of all three charges, receives the max sentence for all of them, and they are set to be served consecutively (one after the other). that would be the worst case scenario for him if my understanding of the charges is correct. if he has any prior criminality it will come into play. so will his initial denial of involvement if he gave a mirandized statement.

we do not know if he's elected judge or jury. in the case of a hung jury, the case would need to be tried again. if found innocent, he would not be able to be retried unless there was new evidence. i don't see this as the type of case where new evidence will come to light down the road.

from the video footage we've seen, i think one unidentified guy knocks him down the first time. the rest of the blows look to have come from vieira (i am thinking he is the guy with the white shirt showing under his sweater). kind of looks like a two way fight at first, and perhaps that is why the first guy wasn't charged.

i've seen a few comments questioning the usefulness of discussing and speculating on cases like this. but i think it's important for the system to be transparent, and healthy for society to discuss and debate the mechanics of the justice system. this is a sad situation for everybody, but still an interesting case.
I think you mean if he's found guilty. The state doesn't get a second chance at going to court for the same crime if he is found "not guilty" as double jeopardy applies. He can petition for a new trial for various reasons that serve as the basis of an an appeal (it doesn't have to be new evidence, but that is one). The only way double jeopardy doesn't apply, is if the court rules you were never in jeopardy the first time due to something like jury tampering. Considering Jesse isn't a millionaire or a crime lord, I think we can put the odds of him conducting jury tampering as basically nill.

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1325 on: April 16, 2019, 04:51:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think you mean if he's found guilty. The state doesn't get a second chance at going to court for the same crime if he is found "not guilty" as double jeopardy applies. He can petition for a new trial for various reasons that serve as the basis of an an appeal (it doesn't have to be new evidence, but that is one). The only way double jeopardy doesn't apply, is if the court rules you were never in jeopardy the first time due to something like jury tampering. Considering Jesse isn't a millionaire or a crime lord, I think we can put the odds of him conducting jury tampering as basically nill.

i didn't know this. i always thought if substantial new evidence was found the state could retry.

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1326 on: April 16, 2019, 05:05:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i didn't know this. i always thought if substantial new evidence was found the state could retry.
fuck no they can't!
firstly, cops don't work for fun. they don't investigate cases the DA already botched. veni vidi and failed to vici.
you can brag about the crime after you beat it but it's considered bad form and will usually end in retaliatory measures. IRS audits, pulled over and harassed by cops where ever you go til ultimately you're given a long prison sentence for stealing back your football that someone stole from you.
so yeah, you might get vendetta convicted behind beating the first case but you can't be re-tried.

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1327 on: April 16, 2019, 05:09:46 AM »
This thread is insane. You guys know so much about court and legality. 

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1328 on: April 16, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »

Chill bro, Saint Quentin aint that bad, plus its close to home

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1329 on: April 16, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You live in France?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1330 on: April 16, 2019, 11:44:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would have been so much more legit if it was VX1000 footage. 

Jagr

• Rep: 118
« Reply #1331 on: April 16, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
Things SLAP Pals have an impressive amount of knowledge about:
1. Skate videos
2. Addiction/Rehab
3. The legal process

Shalom.

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #1332 on: April 16, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You live in France?

You live in Frisco?

breakingthewaves

« Reply #1333 on: April 18, 2019, 06:41:32 PM »
looks like the trial is going into day five on monday

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1334 on: April 18, 2019, 07:53:34 PM »
Oh damn, they're already trying this case. Thanks for the update BTW. Chaos reigns.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1335 on: April 19, 2019, 08:20:03 AM »
Jesse's defense team must really feel optimistic. This is so fast for a trial time. Unless SF judicial system somehow got uncluttered miraculously.

Front Crunt

« Reply #1336 on: April 19, 2019, 08:41:05 AM »
I know the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department inmate locator link [http://apps.sfgov.org/InmateInfo/] has already been posted, but here's the link [https://sfsuperiorcourt.org/divisions/criminal] to search the Criminal Court's case calendar.

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #1337 on: April 21, 2019, 01:55:27 AM »
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

thebunnman

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1338 on: April 21, 2019, 02:55:32 AM »

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #1339 on: April 21, 2019, 03:08:17 AM »
Expand Quote
from r/fightporn

Welp.
[close]
he definitely deserved that

yeah, he asked for it, but it's still stupid to hit people in the head with your board, i mean if you really have to fuck a dude up don't fucking smash his dome, it's better to hit him below the sternum or something, it hurts a lot but he won't fucking die, and it will give you enough time to run away

thebunnman

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1340 on: April 21, 2019, 03:09:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
from r/fightporn

Welp.
[close]
[close]

yeah, he asked for it, but it's still stupid to hit people in the head with your board, i mean if you really have to fuck a dude up don't fucking smash his dome, it's better to hit him below the sternum or something, it hurts a lot but he won't fucking die, and it will give you enough time to run away
yeah thats true, he hit him with grip side tho which is a step in the right direction

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1341 on: April 21, 2019, 04:21:55 AM »
^^ He absolutely TRUCK fucked that dude, watch it several more times.

Pretty cowardly move, but so is swinging on 3 separate teenagers who haven't swung on you. The only real dude in that whole mess was the little guy with the baker board. He was a scrapper you can just tell. Floored that guy with a punch, and had the upper hand until that psycho came in swinging trucks.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 04:23:57 AM by Kolostrum »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #1342 on: April 21, 2019, 05:56:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
from r/fightporn

Welp.
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah thats true, he hit him with grip side tho which is a step in the right direction

holy fuck that was buck

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #1343 on: April 21, 2019, 06:02:01 AM »
Was there a security guard just standing there , letting that guy hit teenagers, then starting to do his job when that guy got cracked? Or do my eyes deceive me

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #1344 on: April 21, 2019, 06:48:09 AM »

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1345 on: April 21, 2019, 07:06:25 AM »
Yeah, that was tight. That little kid knocked him down with one punch.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1346 on: April 21, 2019, 07:13:37 AM »
in this case I don’t feel bad at all. that was really satisfying actually to see him get clocked. he was swinging on kids way younger than himself when they were only being verbal.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1347 on: April 21, 2019, 07:31:16 AM »
Was there a security guard just standing there , letting that guy hit teenagers, then starting to do his job when that guy got cracked? Or do my eyes deceive me

I counted at least 2 well fed security guards waddle slowly into action

CarbonaNotWax

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1348 on: April 21, 2019, 07:32:20 AM »
The “damn-i-shoulda-known-better” look on old boy’s face at the end is fucking priceless! Fucking knew exactly where he fucked up.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1349 on: April 21, 2019, 07:46:10 AM »
The “damn-i-shoulda-known-better” look on old boy’s face at the end is fucking priceless! Fucking knew exactly where he fucked up.
He got Shalom’d the fuck out